The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray will beat Nadal

+12
sportslover
hawkeye
Tenez
socal1976
Priesty
yloponom68
legendkillar
Josiah Maiestas
We Are Number 1!!!
CaledonianCraig
droogle
wow
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Murray or Nadal

Murray will beat Nadal - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Murray will beat Nadal - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
Murray will beat Nadal - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Murray will beat Nadal - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 15

Murray will beat Nadal - Page 2 Empty Murray will beat Nadal

Post by wow Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Murray did struggle wee bit in the heat of New YOrk for short time but there is going to be only one winner in the bottom half semi and that is going to be the last king of Scotland.

Roddick did not turn up for the quarters for whatever reasons there might have been. Nadal has not been tested in the whole tournament so far and his game is quite one dimensional. Andy will make him run him a lot and also targetting his backhand which Roddick did not do at all. Also if Nadal's first serve % dips slightly he will always be in danger of losing it.

Muray's game has looked far more complete so far in the tournament. I did not see Nadal coming to front or using a drop shot in the entire match against Roddick. A more versatile and talented Andy to win tomorrow.

Last edited by wow on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

wow

Back to top Go down

Murray will beat Nadal - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray will beat Nadal

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:18 pm

Well if we are talking ranking points then Andy has already banked a fair few this week win or lose tonight. Federer thus far has protected the points he won last year at the very least whilst Djokovic needs to win later today to protect the points from last year whilst, of course Rafa needs to win the title to protect his points.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

hawkeye wrote:social. I can understand your reasoning. As a Djokovic fan I don't think you have much to worry about whoever wins on Monday.

Well, I am actually more concerned about his semi, big rivalry match. If Roger dials up his first serve he can really trouble Novak. I think if Novak gets to the final he is going to win, the big scare match for him is the semi. Roger is still Roger and he is a tough matchup for Novak.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

social. Federer Djokovic has potential to be a great match. Everyone talks of last years Davis cup being a turning point for Djokovic but IMO last years US semi was maybe even more important. To come back from match points down playing some amazing brave tennis changed the way I thought about him. Until then I had always thought of Djokovic in third place behind Nadal and Federer. After that match to me he was/is right up there with them. This year has just been consolidation.

As a Djokovic fan you might not have good memories of last years final but I thought he played amazing in that match too.

I like Djokovic but tonight I think Federer will win. I hope this is for logical reasons but it may just be wishful thinking by my gut... I so want a Federer Nadal final in New York.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:45 pm

Yes, hawkeye definetly the USO semi was the start of his bounce back last year. His serve was still troubling him but it was the beginning of when the belief started to come back for Novak. I actually enjoyed the final because I felt that Novak was more than holding his own in the baseline exchanges with Rafa, but that his serve was kind of attrocious.

Roger is a great champion no doubt but I don't know maybe for me it is a case of been there and done that at least from perspective in terms of a fedal final. Although it would be nice in one sense for Roger and Rafa to complete the set so to speak and play in the final of every slam.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm

I can't see the winner of Nadal v Murray winning the title. I suppose Nadal with his easier semi final would physically be able to, but the other 2 have had a much better schedule.

Before yesterday I thought Murray had a big chance of beating Nadal in the semis, but I don't know. Nadal had cruise yesterday and Murray had a much more gruelling match. I can't see how physically Murray can outlast Nadal in these circumstances. He has to win the first set to have any chance i think. I don't fancy Murray's chances unfortunately, remember he started last wednesday so has crammed more in a short space of time than anyone.

The Federer Djoko match is a much tougher one to predict in my opinion.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:20 pm

Murray has started to expose Nadal's game,

Come on Murray

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:23 pm

Now Nadal is finding his range.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by consigliare Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

wow wrote:It is written in plain Englsih that Nadal plays boring tennis. All he does is that he keeps returning the ball and waits for opponent to make a mistake.
This, from a Muzza fan boy...Irony. Although there is one difference I notice...Rafa doesn't celebrate the unforced error quite as much..

Oh and I kept seeing Rafa blast winners past your boy last night, again. OK Maybe you'll be 10th or so time lucky if you keep going with this through next year too?

consigliare

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:33 pm

consigliare wrote:
wow wrote:It is written in plain Englsih that Nadal plays boring tennis. All he does is that he keeps returning the ball and waits for opponent to make a mistake.
This, from a Muzza fan boy...Irony. Although there is one difference I notice...Rafa doesn't celebrate the unforced error quite as much..

Oh and I kept seeing Rafa blast winners past your boy last night, again. OK Maybe you'll be 10th or so time lucky if you keep going with this through next year too?

Sorry, a fedfan Smile but the good news that rafa is going to lose tomorrow anyway.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by consigliare Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

wow wrote:
consigliare wrote:

Sorry, a fedfan Smile but the good news that rafa is going to lose tomorrow anyway.
The good news already happened last night Very Happy And I haven't got a problem with Nole winning the whole thing, as he also has that real champions mentality along with the other top two, and I can respect that.

consigliare

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

not really with fed is reaching the twilight of his career I get more pleasure in seeing Nadal losing Smile

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:07 pm

consigliare wrote:
wow wrote:
consigliare wrote:

The good news already happened last night Very Happy And I haven't got a problem with Nole winning the whole thing, as he also has that real champions mentality along with the other top two, and I can respect that.

Well put. Nadal has done well to reach back-to-back US finals, even if he loses tomorrow it's better than going out in an earlier round. No sign of him wishing to dodge Djokovic either. Nadal will undoubtedly be underdog, despite losing 4 times in a row many still had him as favourite or at least 50/50 at Wimbledon, but this might just help him. It can take time for the established pecking order to be altered, not many knew if Djokovic could keep it up. Kudos to him, he is having an amazing year, one of the very best ever.

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2