The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v USA - Live Match Thread & Post Match Discussion

+45
Irishhoneymonster
Feckless Rogue
Tayto
Rava
mrsuperclear
mckay1402
The Great Aukster
Sin é
Boyne
Feagh McHugh
pete (buachaill on eirne)
I'm Optimist
nottins_jones
emack2
poissonrouge
Pot Hale
Irish Curry
asoreleftshoulder
BlueMuff
Goosestepper
lostinwales
dublin_dave
Artful_Dodger
D24tress
Standulstermen
rugbywhales
Davie
WillyGilly
KiaRose
MMC
westisbest
valjester
Thomond
eirebilly
Notch
Cymroglan
Taylorman
HammerofThunor
Gibson
Biltong
Glas a du
Ozzy3213
Cari
rodders
Pal Joey
49 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Ireland v USA - Live Match Thread & Post Match Discussion - Page 10 Empty Ireland v USA - Live Match Thread & Post Match Discussion

Post by Pal Joey Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Ireland v USA, Sunday 11/9 4:00pm (EST), New Plymouth

Ireland (15-1): Geordan Murphy; Tommy Bowe, Brian O'Driscoll, Gordon D'Arcy, Keith Earls, Jonathan Sexton, Conor Murray, Jamie Heaslip, Shane Jennings, Stephen Ferris; Paul O'Connell, Donncha O'Callagha; Mike Ross, Rory Best, Tom Court.

Res: Jerry Flannery, Tony Buckley, Donnacha Ryan, Denis Leamy, Eoin Reddan, Sean O'Brien, Andrew Trimble.

United States (15-1): Blaine Scully, Takudzwa Ngwenya, Paul Emerick, Andrew Suniula, James Paterson; Roland Suniula, Mike Petri, Nic Johnson, Todd Clever (capt), Louis Stanfill, Hayden Smith, John van der Giessen, Shawn Pittman, Phil Thiel, Mike MacDonald.

Res: Chris Biller, Matekitonga Moeakiola, Scott LaValla, Pat Danahy, Tim Usasz, Nese Malifa, Colin Hawley.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Ireland v USA - Live Match Thread & Post Match Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Ireland v USA - Live Match Thread & Post Match Discussion

Post by dublin_dave Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:51 pm

boyne and rodders. kindred miserable spirits haha.

at least if we get knocked out by Italy the torture is over sooner and we get our teeth into another post world cup critique. Joking for the more positive posters

THE WORLD CUP IS TOO LONG

Having said that i would sacrifice the quarters for a Dubs All Ireland win. I am a shocking patriot.

Dubs All Ireland win or Ireland world cup win. Got to be Ireland..

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Ireland v USA - Live Match Thread & Post Match Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Ireland v USA - Live Match Thread & Post Match Discussion

Post by Standulstermen Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:53 pm

Disagree there rodders and we have to face facts that at times Pocock is going to get to the breakdown first. Hit him hard and end him the first time he does it. To quote Rocky

"He's gotta feel like he just tried kissing the express train!"

SA were incredibly poor at clearing out Warburton but there attempts were rather pathetic and often it was backs trying to do it!

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

dublin_dave wrote:boyne and rodders. kindred miserable spirits haha.

No you've got me wrong I think we'll knock SA and NZ out on the way to the final! I still think the long term prospects are bleak under Kidney though! Wink

OK Stand I hope you are right but I think Jennings will get to the ball 1st and will allow Ferris and SOB to then come in and clear out.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

dublin_dave wrote:boyne and rodders. kindred miserable spirits haha.

Dubs All Ireland win or Ireland world cup win. Got to be Ireland..

Neither is going to happen Wink Best of luck to the Dubs though

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:39 pm

Is there a chance of DOC losing out to Cullen or Ryan?

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:49 pm

nope but there should be.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:02 pm

dublin_dave wrote:nope but there should be.

Cullen was way off the pace for the warmups. Remember the impact Paul O'Connell made when he came on for him against France.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:13 pm

Why the hell should there be. The problem is not in the second row. The tight 5 are performing well.

The problems lie in the back row at the breakdown, fly half not being able to read the game and out mid field is completely devoid of any invention.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

Sin é wrote:

Cullen was way off the pace for the warmups. Remember the impact Paul O'Connell made when he came on for him against France.

Yeah so POC is better then him but doc is not and has made zero impact and is up there with darcy on the poor performers list,
Also POC called most of the lineouts to himself on sunday which was a little telling

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

I thought Cullen was excellent against Scotland but poor against France.

Paddy Wallace could do a better job in the 2nd row than DOC right now.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:18 pm

BlueMuff wrote:

Why the hell should there be. The problem is not in the second row. The tight 5 are performing well.

The problems lie in the back row at the breakdown, fly half not being able to read the game and out mid field is completely devoid of any invention.

The tight 5 are not performing well. Apart from Poc and Best the rest of the tight 5 contributed hardly anything in the loose.Stephen Ferris carried for more metres than the rest of the tight 5 put together.

They also weren't doing their job at the breakdown which is why our ball was so slow.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:25 pm

dublin_dave wrote:regarding the gaffney point i am now beginning to think matt williams may be right in saying he no longer has a voice

Hardly surprising he has no voice - turfed out of Leinster. He only got the Ireland job as a comfort blanket to the Leinster players in the first place.

I would play Sexton at 12 instead of D'Arcy at this stage. I think its laughable that you are blaming Kidney for his lack of confidence because ROG is around. He played the Scottish game and no ROG around and he wasn't much better. Sexton has all the physical attributes to be a good 10, just hasn't got the brain to be a Test 10.

Rodders - the difference between ROG complaining about being taken off for Humphreys (this was about 4/5 years into their battle for the 10 jersey) was because he didn't know why he was being taken off - generally for the sake of the substitution - not because he was playing badly.

Sexton has not been substituted for O'Gara when he has been playing well.

EDIT: And when Humphreys wasn't getting any gametime, he retired. Do you want to make the same mistake with ROG?

Last edited by Sin é on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

roddersm wrote:I thought Cullen was excellent against Scotland but poor against France.

Paddy Wallace could do a better job in the 2nd row than DOC right now.

I don't think he was great in any game I saw him in - (and I was at the Connacht game).

Cullen is just not physical enough. Same problem with jennings.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Feagh McHugh Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

BlueMuff wrote:

Actually thought Court acquitted himself well on Saturday as did Best and POC. DOC was poor though and Ross didnt do much around the park.

Its the forwards job to secure ball not just any individual player. In the modern game every player has a 7 on their back come ruck time. Its silly blaming Jennings for the lack of secure ball, even if Richie Mc Heinrick Brussow Pocock etc are first to the breakdown the ruck is eventually and ultimately secured by the rest of the forwards joining.

Our poor breakdown display is a forwards problem.

Feagh McHugh

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

can i just have a word for our scrum though

in my memory i cant remember us having that much domination, against a bad side i know but that will still be a massive boost for the lads

also in the 6nations we had a good scrummage against england
and feek has had a long time with the lads now so hopefully we are starting to see some improvement, although how buckley being the fresh legs could not demolish there tighthead when court had shows at what level he is at

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Feagh McHugh Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

Sin é wrote:
dublin_dave wrote:regarding the gaffney point i am now beginning to think matt williams may be right in saying he no longer has a voice

Hardly surprising he has no voice - turfed out of Leinster. He only got the Ireland job as a comfort blanket to the Leinster players in the first place.

I would play Sexton at 12 instead of D'Arcy at this stage. I think its laughable that you are blaming Kidney for his lack of confidence because ROG is around. He played the Scottish game and no ROG around and he wasn't much better. Sexton has all the physical attributes to be a good 10, just hasn't got the brain to be a Test 10.

Rodders - the difference between ROG complaining about being taken off for Humphreys (this was about 4/5 years into their battle for the 10 jersey) was because he didn't know why he was being taken off - generally for the sake of the substitution - not because he was playing badly.

EDIT: And when Humphreys wasn't getting any gametime, he retired. Do you want to make the same mistake with ROG?

Where did you get that little nugget from?? Care to expand on it?

If you are right,then please explain why did Kidney stand for it??

Feagh McHugh

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:36 pm

Sin é wrote:Rodders - the difference between ROG complaining about being taken off for Humphreys (this was about 4/5 years into their battle for the 10 jersey) was because he didn't know why he was being taken off - generally for the sake of the substitution - not because he was playing badly.

Sin ROG clearly felt being subsituted and rotated with Humphreys was affecting his game and threatened to quit international rugby if he didn't play every minute of every game.

The reason Sexton is not performing consistantly is because he is being needlessly rotated every 1 or 2 games. If he's playing poorly then he should be dropped but if he plays well he should keep the shirt and if ROG doesn't like it then he's welcome to retire.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

donners is 2nd only behind darcy in kidneys regulars who are not doing the business. heaslip and bod are pushing him hard mind you. donners much vaunted physicality pales in comparison with the likes of laws, nallet, palmer, thorn, albacete etc. his performances over the last 5 games have been poor. his most notable contribution, flopping onto a few rucks maybe.

cullen is not the most physical but is a smart player and does less daft things on the pitch. ryan is also more mobile and that may be useful v aus. cullen and jennings may not be meatheads but they have brains and thus a role in the 22.

If Gaffney is no longer listened too and not responsible for our back play why on earth hasnt he been given the boot. our back play is at its lowest ebb over the last 10 years. we have no invention. darcy and drico may be getting on in years and lack explosiveness but they did the looked good v toulouse and leicester whose midfields are certainly better than scotland and usa. something is afoot lads

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

Sin é wrote:

You can add Doc to that list too.

Jennings is as physical as he needs to be in the role he performs.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

roddersm wrote:
Sin é wrote:Rodders - the difference between ROG complaining about being taken off for Humphreys (this was about 4/5 years into their battle for the 10 jersey) was because he didn't know why he was being taken off - generally for the sake of the substitution - not because he was playing badly.

Sin ROG clearly felt being subsituted and rotated with Humphreys was affecting his game and threatened to quit international rugby if he didn't play every minute of every game.

The reason Sexton is not performing consistantly is because he is being needlessly rotated every 1 or 2 games. If he's playing poorly then he should be dropped but if he plays well he should keep the shirt and if ROG doesn't like it then he's welcome to retire.

Well, as I've pointed out, the reason why O'Gara had it out with O'Sullivan was because he felt he was playing well in the game (against France), someone else makes a bloomer and he is taken off. He didn't threaten to retire - he said he would be as well off just playing for Munster. Seems, Humphreys thought (and did) the same thing.

Sexton has been playing poorly - I think its laughable how some of you manage to blame ROG for that.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:47 pm

Would Ryan work though? He is more in the DOC mould than Cullen.

I agree Sexton should have been given a run of games, he wasn't playing badly in the 6n when he got dropped.

Also should have had more time with reddan but ah well.

Who's blaming ROG?
I think it's the constant swapping that people are angry about and thats down to DK.

for the record I don't think Sexton is playing poorly. Nowhere near as well as he can but not poorly. Not much happened that was down to ROG when he came on. They made the same sort of mistakes IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

Sin é wrote:
Sexton has been playing poorly - I think its laughable how some of you manage to blame ROG for that.

I'm not blaming Rog, I'm blaming Kidney for massaging ROG's ego at the expense of team performance. We are the only team in world rugby who doesn't have a 1st choice 9 and 10.

The only thing physical about Donnacha O'Callaghan is how quickly he can belly flop on the tackled player to bump up his tackle assist stats.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

roddersm wrote:
Sin é wrote:

You don't see DOC going backwards when tackling though, which you do with most of them bar Ferris & Wally.

If Jennings is as physical as he needs to be in the role he performs, David Wallace would not have 60+ international caps.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm

How an international manager can go through 5 games and not play a heineken cup winning out half with either of his two scrum halves for a game is whats laughable.

What is the thinking with that, seriously what is the thought process behind that

We should have gone for jim williams as coach

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

Sin é wrote:
You don't see DOC going backwards when tackling though, which you do with most of them bar Ferris & Wally.

If Jennings is as physical as he needs to be in the role he performs, David Wallace would not have 60+ international caps.

Sin I don't see DOC doing anything of substance these days other than conceding penalties and lying over the tackler. He's not a lineout option, his ball carrying is non existent, he has poor handling skills, poor discipline and on recent evidence he doesn't contribute much at the breakdown anymore either.

The fact that Wallace is a better player doesn't change the fact the Jennings is a very good player too.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Feagh McHugh Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:57 pm

Sin é wrote:
roddersm wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Sin you are just wumming here today- few wild claims like the comfort blanket above. What has Wallace got to do with the Australia game now?? He isnt available and most people accept Jennings is behind Wallace in many aspects of the game, but we need a bench alternative to cover the 7 position now SOB will be starting there.

Whats your suggestion for 7 cover for the OZ game?

Feagh McHugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Feagh McHugh Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

D24tress wrote:How an international manager can go through 5 games and not play a heineken cup winning out half with either of his two scrum halves for a game is whats laughable.

What is the thinking with that, seriously what is the thought process behind that

We should have gone for jim williams as coach

Exactly, cant for the life of me understand this.

Feagh McHugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:00 pm

roddersm wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I'm not blaming Rog, I'm blaming Kidney for massaging ROG's ego at the expense of team performance. We are the only team in world rugby who doesn't have a 1st choice 9 and 10.

The only thing physical about Donnacha O'Callaghan is how quickly he can belly flop on the tackled player to bump up his tackle assist stats.

Funny how the players voted ROG most valuable player (in training). He was congratulated by Ferris for it on his twitter for it.

The Fox commentary remarked on Saturday how O'Gara's coming on had lifted the team.

I think Sexton's problems are more than just lacking confidence. He has all the physical attributes, but he doen't have the head for it.

Do France or England have a first choice 9 and 10?

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:07 pm

Sin é wrote:

England do have a 1st choice 9 and 10 but will pick whoever is playing best. When Flood was going well Johnson stuck with him and when he form dropped he went with Wilkinson. Johnson also plays Flood alongside his club partner Youngs.

I have no problem if Kidney feels ROG is better and sticks with him but rotating teh 9 and 10 every week is wrecking the team especially as they all play a different style of game.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

i would suspect that blue muff and sin e's alternative would be leamy. each to their own. For me Jennings adds something different and is a useful link man rather than another straight line basher

i was sure the england game would see reddan and sexton come into the world cup as first choice fly halves. it would appear not. kidney has made a horlicks of it. it is not the fault of rog,sexton,murray,tol,boss,reddan etc.

if rog had set the world alight playing 10 he would be a shoe in to start and there would be no quibbles. alas he has not either.

sexton and reddan deserve a shot together. d24 spot on. its nuts. if sexton plays poorly again rog starts italy game. no qualms whatsoever

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

By the 50th minute on Sat Ireland were in complete dissarray and boardering on a Georgia again.

ROG visibly steadied the ship, excellent first restart, varied the play and threw a couple of skip passes (something Sexton didnt do once in the match).

And to me this is not just a recent blip for Sexton. I cant count on one hand the number of excellent games he has played for Ireland.

I agree that he should stick with one or the other and for this WC it should be ROG.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:17 pm

If it was any game other then oz i would start ROG as i think he deserves it.
however against oz i think its going to have to be horses for courses

although sexton will have to do a fair bit of kicking with that ball over the weeks aswell as we will need every point we can

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:18 pm

BlueMuff wrote:By the 50th minute on Sat Ireland were in complete dissarray and boardering on a Georgia again.

ROG visibly steadied the ship, excellent first restart, varied the play and threw a couple of skip passes (something Sexton didnt do once in the match).

And to me this is not just a recent blip for Sexton. I cant count on one hand the number of excellent games he has played for Ireland.

Well that is nonsence. Ireland had total domination in that game and Sexton helped set up Bowe's 1st try.

It's probably worth mentioning for the sake of a balanced debate that the USA didn't score until ROG came on either. And before you say it was all D'arcy's fault, who's descision was it to call a backline move inside our own half when we had a rolling maul which was driving upfield? ROG? Reddan?

ROG made a few bad calls too like kicking the ball away close to the USA line so I don't think he had the impact you are making out.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

roddersm wrote:
Sin é wrote:

England do have a 1st choice 9 and 10 but will pick whoever is playing best. When Flood was going well Johnson stuck with him and when he form dropped he went with Wilkinson. Johnson also plays Flood alongside his club partner Youngs.

I have no problem if Kidney feels ROG is better and sticks with him but rotating teh 9 and 10 every week is wrecking the team especially as they all play a different style of game.

England have a first 9 & 10, but they rotate them Laugh

Of course none of you noticed how poor Reddan was on Saturdary - ffs he instructed Flannery to leave the maul who then got isolated 🤦
Some of his passing was abysmal and far too loose - just ROG seems to be able to cope with a scrumhalf he rarely plays with then thumbsup

Surely Sexton supports the idea that all 30 needed to be match fit in the warmups and that includes Paddy Wallace & Ronan O'Gara.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

roddersm wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:By the 50th minute on Sat Ireland were in complete dissarray and boardering on a Georgia again.

Well that is nonsence. Ireland had total domination in that game and Sexton helped set up Bowe's 1st try.

Why were there not more trys then if Ireland was dominating so much? Who was directing the attack?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:33 pm

haha. leinster player makes munster player leave maul resulting in turnover. jump off the cliffs of moher jerry will you. il see you at the base.

reddan was poor but still represented an improvement on Murray. Yerrah lets bring a physical robust kiwi scrum half with us and leave him picking his backside on a wet night in New Plymouth.

the half back problem is one of our many many issues.

if we won 38-10 after Rog's intro i would buy the above arguments. We didn't we remained completely dominant yet utterly ineffective. he played better than sexton against a tiring USA team.

im getting headache trying to get my head around how bad we are.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:34 pm

Sin é wrote:
Why were there not more trys then if Ireland was dominating so much? Who was directing the attack?

Well Bowe knocked on with the line gaping after a terrible reverese pass from D'arcy and Earls lost the ball in contact after a good break.

The USA tackled superbly and their aggressive counterrucking disrupted a lot of our attacks. If Bowe hadn't of knocked on and Sexton had nailed his kicks we would have been comfortably in the lead at half time.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

that reverse pass was the best thing darce has done in weeks and it was still a disaster

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

dublin_dave wrote:haha. leinster player makes munster player leave maul resulting in turnover. jump off the cliffs of moher jerry will you. il see you at the base.

the hooker is depending on someone (usually scrumhalf) directing him when to leave the maul because his head is down and stuffed up some of the forwards arses. Reddan called it wrong. If he hadn't we would have scored a try.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:41 pm

Great to read all the posts on nonsense Monday.

It was pretty obvious that DOC and Heaslip were not up for the game and were just biding their time, staying injury free for the Australia game. Until Kidney gets some realistic alternatives there are always going to be some players who drift into mediocrity in games like this.

What was really disappointing was that Jennings had a real chance to stake a claim for Oz with every motivation and still failed to deliver. He was comprehensively outplayed by Todd Clever. The third try showed what happens with quick ball, when Best drove and immediately recycled, but that was rare. It is Jennings role to secure quick ball but he failed to do that, so what is his value to the team? Leamy wasn't any better (or worse) when he came on, so it's a toss-up for the bench.

The elephant in the room and by far the biggest issue is the ongoing midfield issue at 12 AND 13. Maybe O'Driscoll is injured and maybe he was saving himself for Australia, but he offered very little (apart from the scoring pass to Tommy). D'Arcy did his increasingly common impersonation of someone in the bin for 80 minutes. It seems that both have lost their oomph and if they are not able to stretch the Eagles midfield what is the likelihood they will fare any better against the Wallabies?

There is an experienced international centre in the Ireland squad with both the pace and size needed to inject power into the midfield, surely it's long overdue to play him there?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

[quote="The Great Aukster"]

There is an experienced international centre in the Ireland squad with both the pace and size needed to inject power into the midfield, surely it's long overdue to play him there?[/quote]

??????????????

I know one with good hands (wallace)
and one with pace (mcfadden)

Oh wait do you mean tommy bowe

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

roddersm wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Well Bowe knocked on with the line gaping after a terrible reverese pass from D'arcy and Earls lost the ball in contact after a good break.

The USA tackled superbly and their aggressive counterrucking disrupted a lot of our attacks. If Bowe hadn't of knocked on and Sexton had nailed his kicks we would have been comfortably in the lead at half time.

No guarantee that we would have scored if Bowe hadn't knocked on. Only time I reckon we should have scored was from that maul that Reddan fecked up.

Thats a big if about missing all those kicks. It made everyone nervous because he wasn't nailing them. And it also meant that the Americans could play on the edge as there was going to be no punishment.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

I think the main difference on the 52nd minute was Reddan not ROG. I thought ROG and Sexton were pretty similar in this game.

I don't see how ROG could be our most valuable player that has to fall to Ross or POC or BOD (although beginning to rethink BOD)

we can't play Aus with ROG IMO. We need to hold on to the ball for long periods of the game even if we aren't going anywhere. I don't think ROG is the kinda guy to do this, I hope Sexton and Reddan start and all of a sudden sexton begins standing as flat as he was before he arrived at Carlton House.

I agree Ausker BOD is either out of sorts or has had a serious dip.
Darcy needs to go.

I felt Bowe was more likely to score there than Fla was at the back of that maul.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

who is this mystery centre. im intrigued or having a whoosh moment Erm

cant blame jennings alone for slow ball. there was a lack of intensity in the rucking from all players. jaysus in the modern game all have to get their hands dirty. ferris would get a pass. all forwards must be able to ruck.

a rare positive from me today - i think we can and will crank up the pressure and intensity at the breakdown in attack and defence. Just need all forwards on their game ala england. we have plenty of players who can execute a turnover against decent opposition.

our problem will be doing something constructive with the ball. that will be hard to remedy in one week.

we have not even mentioned that scrum debacle where the ball squirted out their side. albeit not quite sure what happened. stormed back to bed just after that.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

For the weekend I would like to see:

1. Best kept. Fla was pants and got isolated (or was it the fact that it was sept 11 and he got over emotional)?

2. DOC dropped like a hot spud. Cullens brains over DOCs nothingness please

3. Leamy out of the squad 100%. 1st action. He knocks on.

4. Murray to be told to sit in the stands and watch how its done. Leinster's 1 and 2 please for SH.

5. ROG to be sat down and told to stop his bitchy missy I'm taking my ball and going home - fits. Sexton needs to be given the confidence of the coaches. Let ROG retire if he wants.

6. Darcy needs to be dropped.

7. Earls to the bench as cover.

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:10 pm

D24tress wrote:that reverse pass was the best thing darce has done in weeks and it was still a disaster

That would be funny if it wasn't true.

Aukster are you talking about Trimble?

BOD's legs have gone and if he couldn't deal with Emerick he'll be burned alive against the Wallabies. Lets hope the great man can roll back the years for the next few weeks but I don't know how the IRFU think he can play another 2 seasons at international level.

If you stuck Ricky Gervais in the 12 shirt I don't think anyone would be able to tell D'arcy wasn't on the pitch.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

Boyne wrote:For the weekend I would like to see:

1. Best kept. Fla was pants and got isolated (or was it the fact that it was sept 11 and he got over emotional)?

2. DOC dropped like a hot spud. Cullens brains over DOCs nothingness please

3. Leamy out of the squad 100%. 1st action. He knocks on.

4. Murray to be told to sit in the stands and watch how its done. Leinster's 1 and 2 please for SH.

5. ROG to be sat down and told to stop his bitchy missy I'm taking my ball and going home - fits. Sexton needs to be given the confidence of the coaches. Let ROG retire if he wants.

6. Darcy needs to be dropped.

7. Earls to the bench as cover.

You forgot to mention Houdini! (though I can't say I blame you as he was invisible in that game). He should be dropped. He did feck all to help out Conor Murray - shame on him.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:21 pm

Boyne wrote:
Oh, by the way.... we will not beat Italy Im afraid. I feel it.

And before anyone tells me to "believe", my answer would be that my psychological make up is delusion adverse.

I just cannot lie to myself.

Boyne,
I have exactly the same concern. I'll curtail the Believe until after the Oz game. I don't expect us to beat them. No way, but a performance close to the one against England in the 6-N, would do me. It still wouldn't beat Oz. They barely shifted into 2nd-gear on Sunday and hammered Italy. Lots more to come from them. Do that and it would set us up for Italy. It will still be bu88er of a game - no matter what happens.

SOB, Kearney & Healy coming back in, and Trimble starting - will make a big differ. I hope. Id love to see McFadden with BOD. And Cullen with POC - but... I doubt we will. Not starting anyway.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:22 pm

You see, its the slow ball coming from these Munster scrum halves. I wonder how they are being trained.

"Teeek wan sip, two stip, tink about it now lad....................... and den pass"

We need to see Reddan and Sexton play together and not Sexton paired with lumber jacks from Munster.

Quick ball won Leinster the Heineken Cup.

Playing Sexton and Reddan together is CRAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY......

(but it might just work).

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

1. Healey
2. Best
3. Ross
4. Cullen
5. POC
6. Ferris
7. SOB
8. Heaslip
9. Reddan
10. Sexton
11. Trimble
12. BOD
13. Bowe
14. Earls
15 Kearney

Is our best team.

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next