The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hindrances need clarification

2 posters

Go down

Hindrances need clarification Empty Hindrances need clarification

Post by newballs Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:23 am

OK so Serena was guilty of an obvious hindrance by yelling out before her opponent hit the ball.

My question is that if yelling out (of any kind) is seen as a hindrance according to the rules whilst the point is in progress where does that leave grunting or screaming? If it starts and stops before the ball even goes over the net that might be debatable but if it actually hinders the opponent each time before they hit the ball by still being audible (as with Azarenka and possibly Sharapova) then surely it is hindrance plain and simple.

It really is about time the WTA (in particular) sorted this one out especially as Bollitieri (who supposedly actively encourages his players esp. female to do this) sees it as a non-issue. If premature "come ons" are a no-no then so should be excessive shrieking and shouting.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Hindrances need clarification Empty Re: Hindrances need clarification

Post by bogbrush Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:49 am

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Simplistic_Analysis.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:56 am

Well I guess at least Simplistic_Analysis has an honest name given the nature of his/her posts (although I'm assuming it's the former).

Surprised he hasn't graced this post with his insight.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down