The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster V Glasgow

+18
Feagh McHugh
MrsP
Notch
Cari
funnyExiledScot
Kingshu
Gibson
Sin é
Thomond
RuggerRadge2611
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mickado
Dorothy_Mantooth
D24tress
Jenifer McLadyboy
pete (buachaill on eirne)
red_stag
greybeard
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Leinster V Glasgow - Page 4 Empty Leinster V Glasgow

Post by greybeard Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:46 am

First topic message reminder :

What's that you say? The teams aren't out, it's far too early in the week and we're still digesting the Dragons game?

Pah, onwards and upwards folks, history is in the past. Just like the Ospreys game (which, by the way, didn't happen)

Glasgow up next. Another home game, which is very much needed to help settle a callow side. Starting away from home did them no favours, but a very good home debut for Hagan, Carr and others will have steadied the ship somewhat.

We're still not bossing the breakdown, so while our backs fronted up last week this week we need to see the backrow show up and earn their corn.

Glasgow have had a tough start, Ulster and Munster. Away to Ulster did them no favours in the first week, Ravenhill is a very hard place to go to. I didn't see the Munster game, so maybe a Glaswegian or two can help us out there and let us know how they got on.

So what'll it be? More free flowing rugby from Leinster, or are Glasgow about to put two losses behind them. An LBP would be a good target for them, but I can't see them winning.

The beard-stroking verdict: Home win, no BP for Glasgow.

LEINSTER:
15: Isa Nacewa
14: Fionn Carr
13: Eoin O'Malley
12: Luke Fitzgerald
11: David Kearney
10: Ian Madigan
9: Cillian Willis
1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Jamie Hagan
4: Kevin McLaughlin
5: Devin Toner
6: Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN
7: Dominic Ryan
8: Leo Auva'a

Replacements
16: Aaron Dundon
17: Jack McGrath
18: Nathan White
19: Damian Browne
20: Jordi Murphy
21: John Cooney
22: Brendan Macken
23: Darren Hudson

Glasgow Team:

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Federico Aramburu
13 Rob Dewey
12 Troy Nathan
11 Colin Shaw
10 Scott Wight
9 Henry Pyrgos
1 Ryan Grant
2 Finlay Gillies
3 Ed Kalman
4 Tom Ryder
5 Nick Campbell
6 Rob Harley (captain)
7 Chris Fusaro
8 Rory Pitman

Replacements
16 Pat MacArthur
17 Gordon Reid
18 Mike Cusack
19 James Eddie
20 Duncan Weir
21 Ryan Wilson
22 Colin Gregor
23 Peter Horne

Last edited by greybeard on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Leinster V Glasgow - Page 4 Empty Re: Leinster V Glasgow

Post by Kingshu Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

Looks like the current European Champions are currently the worst team in Ireland!

thought Leinster would win but not easly as the 1/50 odds suggesting, wasn't to surprised Glasgow won as though a team could beat Leinster at the RDS over the world cup period just didn't know who.

I honestly see another slip up for them before the internationals return, Luckly that this year Leinster have an easier H-cup group than normal, so plenty of time to get up to speed, and they will finish in the top 4at end of season, weather they get a top 2 place remains to how the other games during world cup go, as with Ospreys and more importantly Glasgows win in the RDS, other teams won't be as afraid of them durning the world cup and believe they could get a win.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:28 pm

All true Kingshu. Connacht, Munster and Ulster could so easily take us in this state. As could the rest - even Aironi away.

This young Leinster squad will have to step it up to compete. It may be the making of some of them. Every weekend will be a battle for the next 8 weeks or so. However, I believe that Joe Schmidt will not let the rot set in. We badly need a good win to stop it.

A young Warriors side has just shown the way... to us... and to the rest if the PRO12.

Highlights for our Glasgow brethern. OK
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/home.php
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm

I could have accepted that loss away from home, but not at home. Man we were schooled.

All credit to Glasgow, but after a lively win against Dragons I really didn't see that coming. I feel.. almost... Australian Erm

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

Gibson wrote:All true Kingshu. Connacht, Munster and Ulster could so easily take us in this state. As could the rest - even Aironi away.

What the flip is going wrong at Leinster? I haven't seen them play yet bar some of the Ospreys game but thats a really poor start to the season. On paper that side above looks exceptionally strong with plenty of experienced players in there like Nacewa, Carr, Fitzgerald, Strauss etc.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

Gibson wrote:All true Kingshu. Connacht, Munster and Ulster could so easily take us in this state. As could the rest - even Aironi away.

This young Leinster squad will have to step it up to compete. It may be the making of some of them. Every weekend will be a battle for the next 8 weeks or so. However, I believe that Joe Schmidt will not let the rot set in. We badly need a good win to stop it.

A young Warriors side has just shown the way... to us... and to the rest if the PRO12.

Highlights for our Glasgow brethern. OK
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/home.php
Muchas grassy-arse OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

I seem to remember that the current European Champs were the worst team in Ireland at this stage last season too and they were in a HEC group that was nigh on impossible to qualify from.

Remember how that one finished!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:36 pm

Some nice highlights there for Glasgow. Really nicely worked try for Horne to finish the game and good composure for the first try.

Troy Nathan looks a decent signing. It'll be interesting to see how he fits in when Graeme Morrison returns, as will the contest between Wight, Weir and Jackson.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 20 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

A terrific performance by the young lads - very well done and congrats to Sean and Shade.
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 20 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

Schizoid. Great name. guinness

What's in a Century?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xcpoOOfc24&feature=player_detailpage

Welcome.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down