The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster V Glasgow

+18
Feagh McHugh
MrsP
Notch
Cari
funnyExiledScot
Kingshu
Gibson
Sin é
Thomond
RuggerRadge2611
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mickado
Dorothy_Mantooth
D24tress
Jenifer McLadyboy
pete (buachaill on eirne)
red_stag
greybeard
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Leinster V Glasgow - Page 2 Empty Leinster V Glasgow

Post by greybeard Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:46

First topic message reminder :

What's that you say? The teams aren't out, it's far too early in the week and we're still digesting the Dragons game?

Pah, onwards and upwards folks, history is in the past. Just like the Ospreys game (which, by the way, didn't happen)

Glasgow up next. Another home game, which is very much needed to help settle a callow side. Starting away from home did them no favours, but a very good home debut for Hagan, Carr and others will have steadied the ship somewhat.

We're still not bossing the breakdown, so while our backs fronted up last week this week we need to see the backrow show up and earn their corn.

Glasgow have had a tough start, Ulster and Munster. Away to Ulster did them no favours in the first week, Ravenhill is a very hard place to go to. I didn't see the Munster game, so maybe a Glaswegian or two can help us out there and let us know how they got on.

So what'll it be? More free flowing rugby from Leinster, or are Glasgow about to put two losses behind them. An LBP would be a good target for them, but I can't see them winning.

The beard-stroking verdict: Home win, no BP for Glasgow.

LEINSTER:
15: Isa Nacewa
14: Fionn Carr
13: Eoin O'Malley
12: Luke Fitzgerald
11: David Kearney
10: Ian Madigan
9: Cillian Willis
1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Jamie Hagan
4: Kevin McLaughlin
5: Devin Toner
6: Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN
7: Dominic Ryan
8: Leo Auva'a

Replacements
16: Aaron Dundon
17: Jack McGrath
18: Nathan White
19: Damian Browne
20: Jordi Murphy
21: John Cooney
22: Brendan Macken
23: Darren Hudson

Glasgow Team:

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Federico Aramburu
13 Rob Dewey
12 Troy Nathan
11 Colin Shaw
10 Scott Wight
9 Henry Pyrgos
1 Ryan Grant
2 Finlay Gillies
3 Ed Kalman
4 Tom Ryder
5 Nick Campbell
6 Rob Harley (captain)
7 Chris Fusaro
8 Rory Pitman

Replacements
16 Pat MacArthur
17 Gordon Reid
18 Mike Cusack
19 James Eddie
20 Duncan Weir
21 Ryan Wilson
22 Colin Gregor
23 Peter Horne

Last edited by greybeard on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:09; edited 2 times in total

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Leinster V Glasgow - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster V Glasgow

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:35

That's pretty much the team i predicted, bar Kev to the second row, Leo starting and Murphy on the bench. Not a bad team at all.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:40

Is it on TG4? The best soccer team in the world are on tonight on RTE,so it's not on there.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:42

Thomond wrote:Is it on TG4? The best soccer team in the world are on tonight on RTE,so it's not on there.

Not on TV at all, anywhere. The supporters club are going rasher about it, and rightly so.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:44

No game on tv? Proves Leinster a small club......

Run

Last edited by Thomond on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:45; edited 1 time in total

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:45

Thomond wrote:2 weeks in a row and no game on tv? Proves Leinster a small club......

Run

I think you'll find we were on RTE last Friday night.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:46

I'll just stand in the corner then.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:49

You had bleedin better. boxing tomato guinness

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 13:52

I really like the team. Is there anyone going to the game who can fill us in afterwards???

Awesome backline IMO again, really like the midfield.
Like the idea of Kev going back into lock I have to say and think Ruddock will be better at 6 than 8 with Avuva on too.

It's a very good team IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Sep 2011, 14:01

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I really like the team. Is there anyone going to the game who can fill us in afterwards???

Awesome backline IMO again, really like the midfield.
Like the idea of Kev going back into lock I have to say and think Ruddock will be better at 6 than 8 with Avuva on too.

It's a very good team IMO.
I'm not great on match reports but I give it a go. Why don't you pull a sickie and go anyway.

Very uneven 2nd row in the scrum though. Hard to find 2 guys who differ in height so much. Browne only an inch taller than Kev, perhaps he will come on?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Sep 2011, 14:15

I'll give you my best shot at it, but don't expect mills and boone!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 14:19

Thanks guys maybe jsut a few words on each player, the lineout, scrum, breakdown and then the backs overall. Is laochra sinnse. OK

Kev isn't that short though is he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Sep 2011, 14:25

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Thanks guys maybe jsut a few words on each player, the lineout, scrum, breakdown and then the backs overall. Is laochra sinnse. OK

Kev isn't that short though is he?
6'4"

And what's your excuse. Sickness? (drag yourself) Work? (Feign Sickness) Yer berd? (Tell her to do the ironing and you will be home at 3am locked and demanding a ride) You're in NZ for the WC? (the only acceptable one really)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 14:29

None really just broke tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 16 Sep 2011, 14:32

Mickado wrote:
Thomond wrote:Is it on TG4? The best soccer team in the world are on tonight on RTE,so it's not on there.

Not on TV at all, anywhere. The supporters club are going rasher about it, and rightly so.

The supporters club should bloody well be at the game and not care about whether it's televised or not.

Anyway, not every Pro12 match is televised, we don't have a divine right to 100% coverage.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 16 Sep 2011, 14:40

greybeard wrote:
Mickado wrote:

The supporters club should bloody well be at the game and not care about whether it's televised or not.

Anyway, not every Pro12 match is televised, we don't have a divine right to 100% coverage.

If the Bluebells are performing "Please Mr. Schmidt", its a real pity its not televised Laugh

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Sep 2011, 14:47

greybeard wrote:
Mickado wrote:

The supporters club will, of course, be there. They're complaining on behalf of the Leinster fans that won't make it to the match. We don't have a divine right to coverage but when it's on at 6pm on Saturday evening, there's nothing else on instead and Leinster games are consistantly high in their ratings then they have every right to be peeved. I personally don't mind, I'll be there.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 16 Sep 2011, 15:43

Mickado wrote:
greybeard wrote:
Mickado wrote:

The supporters club will, of course, be there. They're complaining on behalf of the Leinster fans that won't make it to the match. We don't have a divine right to coverage but when it's on at 6pm on Saturday evening, there's nothing else on instead and Leinster games are consistantly high in their ratings then they have every right to be peeved. I personally don't mind, I'll be there.

RTE2 are showing Rugby World Cup highlights at 6.30 tomorrow evening. (including New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina highlights). Panel are Daire O'Brien, Frankie, George Hook and Victor Costello.

At 8pm they have Premier Soccer.
Perhaps if the match was at 4pm or something instead they might have been able to fit it in.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 15:56

Its a good team. I also think that Mclaughlin is still international standard. Did well when he played for Ireland. Just outshone by SOB. Glad to see him get a run at lock.
I see Dom Ryan as Jenno's successor. He's young, so plenty of time for him to develop into a class 7. Possibly the best young tackler Ive seen in the Irish game. Unreal timing and force. Could he be our Pocock?

I expect Fitz to start showing why he was a Lion. He'd better, if he wants to get back on the Ireland horse. Too many coming through who could pass him by. And that's just at Leinster. This is a crucial period for him.

Phhok the World Cup, interfering with my Leinster viewing.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:04

Fitz has me scratching my head far too often.

If I'm honest I was very surprised that he was called up to the Lions, I think he rode some coattails for that one if I'm honest. But he's definitely international standard and just needs to have a few good games to settle him.

He's not a leader though, so with everyone away on WC duty he'll be looked at to lead the way along with Isa, and I don't think that extra pressure will be good for him.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:14

Grey, I actually think he got a wee bit big for his boots. Thought he was a shoo-in. I could read it between his written word. Earls may suffer from that also.

Both very talented natural players. But not as good as they think they are. Its important to be confident, but not beyond your ability and maturity. There was and is - only ONE BOD.

I think he needs to show maturity now. Needs a good mentor to put him back on the right path. Schmidt's job. Isa is his playing example. Ultimate pro, who refused Fiji for us. I'll always admire him for that. Would have loved to see him out there. But, he made his decision and stuck with it.

Isa is a huge part of Leinster's makeup now. He is vital. For more than playing reasons

Watch him young Luke. Watch the Force in action and follow...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:17

I think Fitz has a major positional crisis on his hands

Wing: Not exactly the quickest wing about and more importantly has a very low try scoring rate.

Centre: Probably doesn't have the hands for it or the precision in passing

Fullback: Doesn't appear to have the bottle for it and is to erratic and undependable.

I think he could be in trouble when McFadden, BOD and Kearney come back.

I think Íosa, Kearney, Carr, Horgan are all better wingers.
I think BOD, McFadden and O'Malley are all better centres. Poss Darcy too.
I think Íosa, Kearney, Conway and possibly Madigan are all better fullbacks

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:19

And I'll tell ya what drives me absolutely bonkers, the way he takes a knee when he scores. Either dive or bend down, don't drop onto one knee FFS. Is he scared of mud or something?

Someone is doing to decapitate him with a last gasp tackle one of these days.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:22

Leinster 1/50 on, says it all about Glasgows chances.

wouldn't be surprised to see them offer big odds on a team like Glasgow in th eRDS and get stung, just wonder what team might beat Leinster in Dublin

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:23

Pete,
I think you could be right on all counts. Conway is no slouch and it's just a matter of time for him. And Carr is starting to motor now with better players around him. Two speedsters who just need more time and experience in the PRO12. Shaggy has at least another great season in him. Kearney is developing nicely.

Wing options? We could sell em.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:24

Gibson wrote:I see Dom Ryan as Jenno's successor. He's young, so plenty of time for him to develop into a class 7. Possibly the best young tackler Ive seen in the Irish game. Unreal timing and force. Could he be our Pocock?

I'd consider having him ahead of Jennings. I really think we could do worse in the pack than:

01 Healy
02 Best
03 Ross
04 Ferris
05 O'Connell
06 O'Brien
07 Ryan
08 Heaslip

16 Sherry
17 Hagan

thumbsup

Leinster are producing top backrow - lets use em.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:26

Carr has 3 years Pro12 experience, he just needs HEC experience now. I hope we use him, even with the big boys back, there'll be a few teams who won't know what's hit them if he gets a chance.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:27

greybeard wrote:And I'll tell ya what drives me absolutely bonkers, the way he takes a knee when he scores. Either dive or bend down, don't drop onto one knee FFS. Is he scared of mud or something?

Someone is doing to decapitate him with a last gasp tackle one of these days.

Yeah I can see that happening too and also it increases the chance of him getting tackled into touch and/or losing the ball in contact.

Also, the kick ahead and chase while he does it well, he now does it too often.

I just don't see where he is going to fit in, he has really disappointed me I have to say was one of his biggest fans but since those 2 injuries he has been very, very poor. Even his passing is horrible, against Saracens and against France, he just threw the ball into the ground.

I agree, Stag I got to say.
Tuohy is going to be in there and so is Ryan, put them on the bench too.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:30

Actually never mind Tuohy - its your boy Spence I want to see with BOD. He can play with Cave, he can play with BOD.

Anyway thats off topic - on Carr, I think he can earn a starting place at Leinster and I can see Fitz coming back stronger and better player.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:31

Gibson wrote:

Both very talented natural players. But not as good as they think they are. Its important to be confident, but not beyond your ability and maturity. There was and is - only ONE BOD.

Gibbo, I'm knocking this one on the head before it gets legs. Earls goes to a sports psychologist specifically because he has confidence issues. Polar opposite to what Luke was and Kearney is.

Luke's confidence may have taken a bit of a knock - he is very talented and he will get over it. All his coaches are willing him to succeed because he is talented. I think people forget how young Luke & Earls are because they have accomplished so much already.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:32

Yeah Grey, I know he had with Connacht, but he has moved up a level. Really took the game to Dragons.Took individual responsibility Ran riot. I believe that after the RWC, Schmidt will start showing his future hand. He was stymied into playing Irish squad players pre WC, imo. Like Fitz, when he was playing shoite. And Darcy. Not any more.

Mcfadden in. Carr and Conway in slowly. Isa is a better wing than the lot of them.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:34

Gibbo in your opinion whats Leinsters best backline at the moment (inclduing RWC players):

09 Reddan
10 Sexton
11 Nacewa
12 McFadden
13 O'Driscoll
14 Horgan
15 Kearney

20 Boss
21 Berquist
22 Carr

Or am I off?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:36

Sin é wrote:
Gibson wrote:

Gibbo, I'm knocking this one on the head before it gets legs. Earls goes to a sports psychologist specifically because he has confidence issues. Polar opposite to what Luke was and Kearney is.

Luke's confidence may have taken a bit of a knock - he is very talented and he will get over it. All his coaches are willing him to succeed because he is talented. I think people forget how young Luke & Earls are because they have accomplished so much already.

Fair comment Sin. Didn't know that background on Earls. Taken on board. OK
But the effect has been the same. Lack of confidence and over-confidence. I hope the lads get it together.

To be honest, Earls was my Great White Hope. I hope he shows some of it tomorrow.

Anyway, that's for an Ireland thread.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:37; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:36

Also agree there, Irish backs are looking good in the future due to Ulster and Leinster academies particularily Ulster.

Potential backline of youngsters

9 Murray/Porter
10 Sexton/Keatley
11 Earls/Carr/Trimble*
12 McFadden/Marshall
13 Spence/O'Malley/Griffin
14 Bowe*/Kearney/Fitz/Gilroy
15 Jones/Kearney/Conway/Darcy

*=not that young I guess

It's very hard to try and work out Leinster's first choice backline. if I had to give it a shout I'd say

9 Reddan
10 sexton
11 Carr
12 McFadden
13 BOD
14 Horgan
15 Íosa

21 Boss
22 Madigan
23 Kearney/Fitz/Conway/Kearney Jr/O'Malley

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:37

I think Carrs problem at Connacht was he was always going to get the ball, whether he wanted it or not. They had a habit of shovelling it to him any time they could, as if to say "Go on, do your thing, we'll be at the half way line if you need us"

With us he has a better game plan and one that can really showcase his talents. And it means he gets to go looking. When he's isolated he does too much of the chip and chase, but for us he should be better supported. He was imperious against the Dragons.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:40

red_stag wrote:Gibbo in your opinion whats Leinsters best backline at the moment (inclduing RWC players):

09 Reddan
10 Sexton
11 Nacewa
12 McFadden
13 O'Driscoll
14 Horgan
15 Kearney

20 Boss
21 Berquist
22 Carr

Or am I off?

Berquist didn't really show much before the injury, can't really say about him. I'd rather Carr on the wing and Nacewa at FB, Kearney on the bench.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:40

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Also agree there, Irish backs are looking good in the future due to Ulster and Leinster academies particularily Ulster.

Yea Conor Murray, Ian Keatley, Keith Earls and Felix Jones are useless Rolling Eyes All aged about 22-24, all playing for Munster, all capped for Ireland, all have big futures internationally thumbsup
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:41

red_stag wrote:
pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Also agree there, Irish backs are looking good in the future due to Ulster and Leinster academies particularily Ulster.

Yea Conor Murray, Ian Keatley, Keith Earls and Felix Jones are useless Rolling Eyes All aged about 22-24, all playing for Munster, all capped for Ireland, all have big futures internationally thumbsup

And a good 50% of them actually from Munster laughing

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:42

red_stag wrote:
Gibson wrote:I see Dom Ryan as Jenno's successor. He's young, so plenty of time for him to develop into a class 7. Possibly the best young tackler Ive seen in the Irish game. Unreal timing and force. Could he be our Pocock?

I'd consider having him ahead of Jennings. I really think we could do worse in the pack than:
Wash your mouth out! For me Ryan is a 6 who might just convert to 7 given the amount of 6s we have. Great player, Great attitude, great tackler. But he's only 20.

Shane Jennings is a seasoned pro. Great 7 with premiership, Magners league, and HC medals in his arse pocket.

Perhaps you reckon Jeno has missed the boat for Ireland and that is why you want Ryan to leapfrog him. I can't see Ryan displacing him at 7 for Leinster for a year or two though.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:43

Hey I put them in the big team yoke!!! haha!
The Leinster and Ulster academies are without doubt more successful though realistically. But yes I agree that those 4 are going to be great.

Can see all of them fighting for a spot in the 22/23.

Not sure Berq showed us more than Madigan, I thinks Mads has been playing pretty well.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:50

All I know is that time and time and time and time again Jennings underwhelmes me for Ireland. Never does what he does for Leinster. Keep him there and let Ryan grow into the role.

RE: Munster, although they won't probably feature much internationall Zebo and Barnes are good provincial players.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 16:54

red_stag wrote:Gibbo in your opinion whats Leinsters best backline at the moment (inclduing RWC players):

09 Reddan
10 Sexton
11 Nacewa
12 McFadden
13 O'Driscoll
14 Horgan
15 Kearney

20 Boss
21 Berquist
22 Carr
Or am I off?

I think there are different ways to look at it Stag. PRO12, experience and performance, leads to HC places. Horgan - on last years form - stays in the HC backline. He still has immense influence when he plays for us in the HC and the big PRO12 games. I feel sorry for Berquist, but I would rather see Madigan given all the game time he can get in the PRO12. We need to find out if he has the stuff.

Sexton had to wait 2 years, before Contepomi got injured, to take his place. He did. I hope Madigan can grow (given the time) and fight with Sexton for 10 in a year or 2. I see Conway challenging Carr in the PRO12. I also see O Donahoe coming back from Connacht in 2 years. We are desperately short if one of Reddan or Boss gets injured. Willis will leave shortly. He is temporary.

EDIT:
Ok I go with your 1st 9-15. That's our strongest now. The bench options? OK. Except for Madigan over Berquist.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:03

O'Donoghue will definitely come back. Leinster need to sign a scrumhalf in a season or two. He'd be mad not to make that his aim.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:05

Ok, so no TV, but BBC radio Scotland have a live broadcast tonight, not sure if they're covering Edinburgh or Glasgow, though. Still, worth a shot...

BBC Radio Scotland

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:06

red_stag wrote:All I know is that time and time and time and time again Jennings underwhelmes me for Ireland. Never does what he does for Leinster. Keep him there and let Ryan grow into the role.
Which time and again would that be? The 2 caps he has this season have probably doubled the gametime he has for Ireland in his whole career.
I am not arguing that he is a top class international, just that he has had very little chance to prove it either way, and now he is 30.

He is no worse a player than Mick O'Driscoll for sure, who has about a bjillion caps in comparison.

Jeno went t'england Micko went to France. Micko is probably a year older. Much more pressure in the back row of course.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:08

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
red_stag wrote:

Wash your mouth out! For me Ryan is a 6 who might just convert to 7 given the amount of 6s we have. Great player, Great attitude, great tackler. But he's only 20.

Shane Jennings is a seasoned pro. Great 7 with premiership, Magners league, and HC medals in his arse pocket.

Perhaps you reckon Jeno has missed the boat for Ireland and that is why you want Ryan to leapfrog him. I can't see Ryan displacing him at 7 for Leinster for a year or two though.

Stag & Jen,
MY Jenno has a 3 years contract and is the best 7 in Europe. Warburton is fast challenging him. Im pished off he's not on the bench tomorrow. I dont give a flying phhok what these ball-carrying obsessed Paddies say. We need to secure the ball 1st.

Anyway... As you say, Ryan is 20 and would make a great 6 or 8. But we have millions of em! Ryan, to get his place, must be shifted to 7. What better mentor to have than the Master 7.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:14

An addendum. Ruddock has nowhere near shown the promise we were promised. Id shift him to Ulster or Munster. He may thrive there.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:15; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:15

Gibson wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
red_stag wrote:

Stag & Jen,
MY Jenno has a 3 years contract and is the best 7 in Europe. Warburton is fast challenging him. Im pished off he's not on the bench tomorrow. I dont give a flying phhok what these ball-carrying obsessed Paddies say. We need to secure the ball 1st.

Anyway... As you say, Ryan is 20 and would make a great 6 or 8. But we have millions of em! Ryan, to get his place, must be shifted to 7. What better mentor to have than the Master 7.

Smile I was playing Jeno down so as he would at least read to the end of the post. Just as peed off that he is not there. Ryan covering 4,5,6 and Jeno covering 7 would have been perfect. Rather that Ferris, (Best position 6) Sob (Best position 6, then 8) Ryan (only back row position covered, eeeeh 6)I know let's bring in Leamy (best position 6 not great at 8 anymore and 7?)

Ryan will find it hard to oust Jennings for Leinster and thereby get a crack at 7 for Ireland.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:26

red_stag wrote:

Oh Murray and OUR Felix have the stuff already. NO argument. I want to see em BOTH play for Ireland, long into the future. Just love Felix Jones for his maturity, skill, determination and guts - in the face of adversity. He's proven international class for me. Has everything it takes. The boy just needs the luck the Gods haven't given him.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:29

The surprise on the Glasgow side is Duncan Weir not starting. Odd.

Leinster will win this game jogging. Men vs boys.

The Glasgow pack is horribly under powered and under skilled, with only Harley really being close to international quality in his position. The Glasgow backs don't look threatening either.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 17:30

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Gibson wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
red_stag wrote:

Stag & Jen,

Smile I was playing Jeno down so as he would at least read to the end of the post. Just as peed off that he is not there. Ryan covering 4,5,6 and Jeno covering 7 would have been perfect. Rather that Ferris, (Best position 6) Sob (Best position 6, then 8) Ryan (only back row position covered, eeeeh 6)I know let's bring in Leamy (best position 6 not great at 8 anymore and 7?)

Ryan will find it hard to oust Jennings for Leinster and thereby get a crack at 7 for Ireland.

Therein lies the challenge. Therein lies the AB and Ozzie way. Best player wins.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next