The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Alex Ferguson The Master

+9
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Crimey
TechInept
davidl1061
ReallyReal
Josiah Maiestas
Soldier_Of_Fortune
marty2086
dondelero
13 posters

Go down

Sir Alex Ferguson The Master Empty Sir Alex Ferguson The Master

Post by dondelero Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:24 am

Once again Sir Alex Ferguson showed that he is the master of dealing with the media who look to get a story when there isn't one. Kelly Dalglish was put in her place by SAF yesterday on ITV after the CL game when she asked whether he would now drop David De Gea on Sunday against Chelsea. He asked her why was she was asking stupid questions and explained that De Gea would be playing on Sunday. Now that is how you deal with the media!

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Sir Alex Ferguson The Master Empty Re: Sir Alex Ferguson The Master

Post by marty2086 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:30 am

Thought it was a bit overdefensive from Fergie but can understand it hes trying to protect his keeper

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:03 pm

Fergy sucks EGGS.

Think hes goin through the change

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:30 pm

Master of getting the referee's on his side, certainly!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

Well De Gea was dropped for last nights game so it was a legitimate question.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

Master, I think everyone who was brought up properly simply viewed it as arrogance and a bad attitude to anyone who doesn't think or do exactly what Fergie wants.

It's obvious to anyone who isn't blinklered that Fergie is one of the best managers ever, he has a transfer record second to none, but he's also a domineering, overbearing, bully who acts like a 4 year old when anyone questions his authority in any way whatsoever.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

In fact SAF showed the way in how to deal with an interviewer like that who was only intent on stirring trouble. She was firmly put in her place, maybe she can ask those ridiculous questions to other gullable managers but not the Great Sir Alex. He's too clever.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:02 pm

You do not deal with an interviewer by being rude and surly. Considering De Gea didnt play in the game I think that the viewing audience woyuld have been surprised if it wasnt asked!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

Take your blinkers off dondelero.
The question was a fair one, how could it not be when your cheap reserve had such a great game and your very expensive new signing who has caused alarm in many quarters so far this season, has been rested?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:27 pm

david1061 - Fair point but why didn't she ask if Ashley Young or Phil Jones would be dropped?

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:31 pm

ReallyReal wrote:Take your blinkers off dondelero.
The question was a fair one, how could it not be when your cheap reserve had such a great game and your very expensive new signing who has caused alarm in many quarters so far this season, has been rested?

But surely you can see what she was trying to do. She focussed on the goal keepers for a reason. In fairness though she was just probably following the producer's instructions.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Thu 15 Sep 2011, 6:02 pm

Goal keepers generally don't need resting, so it wasn't a stupid question. I wouldn't call AF a master on the back of this.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Thu 15 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

dondelero wrote:
ReallyReal wrote:Take your blinkers off dondelero.

But surely you can see what she was trying to do. She focussed on the goal keepers for a reason. In fairness though she was just probably following the producer's instructions.

Yes, she was doing her job and unlike many journalists she actually asked a valid question instead of the usual BS we hear asked to Fergies by those who are too scared to ask anything of interest.
My point stands, Fergie, as great a manager as he has been, is no more than an arrogant bully when asked about anything he doesn't want to answer, this certainly doesn't make him a "Master", by any definition of the word.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Sep 2011, 6:30 pm

You have a completley different reaction to his comments than me, he came across as incredibly defensive and childish to what was a perfectly valid question, and one I'm sure many people were wondering themselves.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Thu 15 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

You all seem to have missed the point that her question was NOT valid. SAF made a number of changes to the Utd team last night and before the game she never asked about any other players but the goalkeeper? Why? Now after the game she did the same Why? She was obviously trying to stir things up but she was dealt with appropriately by SAF.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Sep 2011, 7:39 pm

Because De Gea has been performing below par recently and Linegaard had a good game, seems pretty simple to me.

ReallyReal has already told you this anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:21 pm

DeGea hasn't done that badly a bit of an over reaction to a couple of mistakes. He's also made some great saves and his distribution is excellent.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:19 am

prettyboykev wrote:DeGea hasn't done that badly a bit of an over reaction to a couple of mistakes. He's also made some great saves and his distribution is excellent.

This is the point De Gea hasn't actually done that badly, but the media's agenda is to make it look like he's been dreadful and off course there is the story that they want. However SAF is wise to this and swatted this irritant like a fly and deservedly so.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:24 am

it does make me laugh how some people critise fergie over dealings with the media, the poor little media who do nothing wrong. let them in be there friend im sure they wont turn on you soon as anything goes wrong. as a united fan im obviosly biased but i like the way fergie keeps the media at arms length and is very contolling over what can be said and what cant. its the way he runs the club and i dont think anyone can argue that it doesnt work. out of all the managers who deal with the media is tactic has lasted the longest, rafa/ keegan et al all wanted to be matey look where that got them!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:52 am

Crackin' up.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:13 am

was a bit defensive from fergie, but i still found it quite funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

compelling and rich wrote:it does make me laugh how some people critise fergie over dealings with the media, the poor little media who do nothing wrong. let them in be there friend im sure they wont turn on you soon as anything goes wrong. as a united fan im obviosly biased but i like the way fergie keeps the media at arms length and is very contolling over what can be said and what cant. its the way he runs the club and i dont think anyone can argue that it doesnt work. out of all the managers who deal with the media is tactic has lasted the longest, rafa/ keegan et al all wanted to be matey look where that got them!!

Spot on my brother

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

Rafa never wanted to make friends with the media, that was his downfall. In fact he often picked out individual members of the media for criticism. Fergie is in a unique position, he can say and do what he likes and the media will lap it up. That's what winning things for so long has done for him. Anyone else takes his attitude and they are slaughtered - apart from maybe Dalglish.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:18 am

To me the move was a masterstroke from Fergie he dropped DeGea after he kept a cleansheet instead of when he was getting the criticism now Lindegaard has staked a good claim to be No1 going into their biggest game so far and DeGea gets picked thatll help his confidence

Fergie explained it all before hand that it was rotation yet it was only the keepers he was questioned about at either point Valencia played well yet Young and Nanis status wasnt queried she asked a question hoping for a headline and she got the wrong one

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

He's a horrible bully with anyone who doesn't praise his club, surely you can see that 'dondelero'. I'd respect him more if he was more of a man than a nasty piece of s**t..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:26 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:He's a horrible bully with anyone who doesn't praise his club, surely you can see that 'dondelero'. I'd respect him more if he was more of a man than a nasty piece of s**t..

Well that's a bit harsh isn't it? It wasn't about prasing his club, she asked a stupid question to make a story and SAF dealth with her appropriately.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:34 pm

I don't see why Kenny Daglish's reaction to the media does'nt get this attention.

'King@ Kenny's reaction to poor decisions was (typically) childish from him, wonder what kelly thought of that?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

dondelero wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:He's a horrible bully with anyone who doesn't praise his club, surely you can see that 'dondelero'. I'd respect him more if he was more of a man than a nasty piece of s**t..

Well that's a bit harsh isn't it? It wasn't about prasing his club, she asked a stupid question to make a story and SAF dealth with her appropriately.

He IS a bully.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

JDandfries wrote:I don't see why Kenny Daglish's reaction to the media does'nt get this attention.

'King@ Kenny's reaction to poor decisions was (typically) childish from him, wonder what kelly thought of that?

I'd say this is aimed at Soldier myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

FreekShow wrote:
JDandfries wrote:I don't see why Kenny Daglish's reaction to the media does'nt get this attention.

I think JD finds it physically impossible to make a post in the football section without making a dig at Liverpool.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

I think JD finds it physically impossible to make a post in the football section without making a dig at Liverpool.

It's usually an indication of a some deep-rooted mental issue.

"Give a man a mask and he'll tell the truth. Give a man a username and he'll act like a total t*at."

Last edited by liverbnz on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:42 pm

Personally, I think Liverpool are certs for an away win this weekend.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Darts Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:24 pm

Fergie will do the right thing, years of experience, im sure he has dealt with a few dodgy keepers in his time just like he will likely deal with De Gae.
A-Darts
A-Darts

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:20 am

liverbnz wrote:He IS a bully.
Is that because he puts the media in their place? If he was a bully his players would not respect him so much along with other managers.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:56 am

he isnt a bully, thats a bit over the top.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down