The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Sport.....

5 posters

Go down

World of Sport..... Empty World of Sport.....

Post by Brady12 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:58 am

Just a quick one for you guys out. Its been brought to my attention that on Sky channel 228 Men & Movies they are replaying classic 'World of Sport' British Wrestling... Not seen any yet but sky plussing a few that are on next week after seeing names such as Dynamite Kid, Steven Regal, Dave Finlay, Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks & The Road Warriors on the info button...

Not expecting much, i'm guessing these events will have aged terribly especially being use to the top notch pryo's, lighting & production of the American stuff but i'm sure one or two may give it a look....Anyone seen any of these?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

World of Sport..... Empty Re: World of Sport.....

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:17 am

Weirdly I was watching some World of Sport snippets earlier and was surprised that Haystacks appeared in WCW as Loch Ness a couple of years before his death.

The commentary was awful in retrospect!

Back to top Go down

Post by jomosactingcoach Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:00 pm

I'm guessing this channel is a sky only one, can't see anything on virgin which is a shame....onto you tube to watch some old school wrestling "EASY EASY EASY"
jomosactingcoach
jomosactingcoach

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:31 pm

Watch the best of Big Daddy on it, talk about a limited move! Two move, Running should block and a big splash!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

This a not really related to world of sport but didnt want to satart a new article for it...

was watching bbc 2 last night David Dimbleby does south america or something, anyway he was in a small village in Chile and he met with some female wrestlers from the local village ( wrestling is the main form of entertainment there), he did a bit of training with them and that was that.

Then it came to the evening of the show, Dimbleby was on the front row of the crowd, during these 2 womans tag match with 2 guys Dimbleby jumped the barrier and trips one of the guys up, causing the distraction so the women could make a comeback....

So the women beat up one of the guys (both were wearing masks) and hold him down then from no where Dimbleby slides into the ring runs towards the man being held down and jumps in the air landing a pretty good looking big splash. Dimbleby gets the pin and the ref counts 123!

Your winner David Dimbleby and two old hags, Dimbleby then climed the turnbuckle wearing a luchador mask to celebrate

was good TV if u ask me, surreal but sounds better than NOTC was last night to be fair

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by jomosactingcoach Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:29 pm

Lex-Express wrote:This a not really related to world of sport but didnt want to satart a new article for it...

was watching bbc 2 last night David Dimbleby does south america or something, anyway he was in a small village in Chile and he met with some female wrestlers from the local village ( wrestling is the main form of entertainment there), he did a bit of training with them and that was that.

Then it came to the evening of the show, Dimbleby was on the front row of the crowd, during these 2 womans tag match with 2 guys Dimbleby jumped the barrier and trips one of the guys up, causing the distraction so the women could make a comeback....

So the women beat up one of the guys (both were wearing masks) and hold him down then from no where Dimbleby slides into the ring runs towards the man being held down and jumps in the air landing a pretty good looking big splash. Dimbleby gets the pin and the ref counts 123!

Your winner David Dimbleby and two old hags, Dimbleby then climed the turnbuckle wearing a luchador mask to celebrate

was good TV if u ask me, surreal but sounds better than NOTC was last night to be fair

Haha that sounds awesome, gonna have to try and watch this if its available on catch up
jomosactingcoach
jomosactingcoach

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm

Are you sure it was David Dimbleby? He is a real old bloke? I doubt he could jump over the barrier.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by jomosactingcoach Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

xTwisTx wrote:Are you sure it was David Dimbleby? He is a real old bloke? I doubt he could jump over the barrier.

Keep an eye out for a TNA debut soon....
jomosactingcoach
jomosactingcoach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

yeh it was defo David Dimbleby, he may be an elder statesman but the guy can nail a big splash lol

should be on I player I imagine

Dimbleby V Flair at BFG, Imagine the promo's for that, my god it could be huge!

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:19 pm

This is like a bizarre dream...

David Dimbleby splashes a wrestler in an intergender tag match. Did Peter Snow come out with his swing-o-meter.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down