The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+26
Rava
greybeard
Hound_of_Harrow
mickyt
Mickado
red_stag
rodders
Luckless Pedestrian
Suspicious lurker
Portnoy
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Glas a du
Ozzy3213
MBTGOG
MrsP
Thomond
Gibson
Notch
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Feckless Rogue
Cymroglan
WillyGilly
Cari
30 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 14:14

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of great current hookers pictures on the bar. We've got Tincu, Ledesma, Ford, Best, Thompson and Bennett Shocked all in action. Graffiti's a banning offence Wink

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Previous pub: https://www.606v2.com/t13864-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#475041

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 18:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by mickyt Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:18

I know Munsty, I always say that. I can't remember but am convinced some witty response that became jokes are mine.

someone has to invent them indeed.

This 600th post was brought to you by Power Gen
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:19

I've invented plenty of jokes before, but they're always painfully unfunny. No one has any doubt that I invented them when I tell them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:20

red_stag wrote:Micky having one attacking weapon isn't a bad thing. The scrum appears to be Irelands only attacking weapon so far this World Cup. Munster won a Heineken Cup based almost solely on the pick and drive ball retention game.

Stag, come on Pal. you saying any team would be happy with one trick up their sleeve? I am sure our Ulster friends here could argue many a go to move that is used other than Wallaces pass. They have won games excitingly with other game plans and without him.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:20

Going to lock this in a bit and set up a new one.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:21

red_stag wrote:Micky having one attacking weapon isn't a bad thing. The scrum appears to be Irelands only attacking weapon so far this World Cup. Munster won a Heineken Cup based almost solely on the pick and drive ball retention game.

Did you watch Munster win either H Cup?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:25

mickyt wrote:

Stag, come on Pal. you saying any team would be happy with one trick up their sleeve? I am sure our Ulster friends here could argue many a go to move that is used other than Wallaces pass. They have won games excitingly with other game plans and without him.

Ok a slight exaggeration but its a move that all last season I found them to be overly reliant on. However it yielded results and they did well from it.

Look at this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjKPGOSShQg

Or look at the build up to Humphreys try here. Inside Pass, Inside Pass, DUMMY Inside Pass - Try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvs-rEKYVkI

Its a move they use a LOT
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:27

MBTGOG wrote:

Did you watch Munster win either H Cup?

Yea I thought in 2008 the pick and drive retain ball was by far biggest reason we won it. I've said already its a mild exaggeration to say its only reason but its the main reason we beat Toulouse, Wasps and Llanelli Scarlets in that campaign.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:30

red_stag wrote:
mickyt wrote:

Ok a slight exaggeration but its a move that all last season I found them to be overly reliant on. However it yielded results and they did well from it.

Look at this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjKPGOSShQg

Or look at the build up to Humphreys try here. Inside Pass, Inside Pass, DUMMY Inside Pass - Try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvs-rEKYVkI

Its a move they use a LOT

That's when you need an old fashioned 7. Tell the 8 to mind the inside pass and get the 7 to smash the fly half, late if necessary on 1st phase. He'll get his pass out open or kick it next time, guaranteed.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:41

Haven't chatted with you in a while Stag hows the new job working out for you??
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 22 Sep 2011, 14:42

MBTGOG wrote:You know when you genuinely come up with a joke, no one ever believes you. Where do they think jokes originate?

Mobile Phone companies make up the jokes. Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21