The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+26
Rava
greybeard
Hound_of_Harrow
mickyt
Mickado
red_stag
rodders
Luckless Pedestrian
Suspicious lurker
Portnoy
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Glas a du
Ozzy3213
MBTGOG
MrsP
Thomond
Gibson
Notch
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Feckless Rogue
Cymroglan
WillyGilly
Cari
30 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:14 am

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of great current hookers pictures on the bar. We've got Tincu, Ledesma, Ford, Best, Thompson and Bennett Shocked all in action. Graffiti's a banning offence Wink

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Previous pub: https://www.606v2.com/t13864-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#475041

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 am

maaaaaan I'm tired.

Got about 2hrs sleep before the Wales match. Woke up at 3am so nervous for it I couldn't get back to sleep. We played dreadfully (except in defence). Honestly thought at HT that we were going to lose, Samoa just looked so much more dangerous in attack.

1/2p was brilliant when he came on, so if we have lost Hook to injury I don't think it's as big a loss as it could have been. He made a great
break and link up with Foxy, who is so very lucky Shane was there to clean up his awful "pass".

Lydiate is a much bigger worry though, Powell is just no where near as effective as him, we really missed him doing the dirty hard work at the breakdown yesterday, Samoa really steam rollered us there. His face didn not look good when he was sat at the side, really hope his wc isn't over Sad

Congrats to England on the win, I missed that match as I really needed to get some sleep. Going to watch the highlights later. Got up again for teh France v Canadad match though. Canada really put up a fight, so enjoyed this one!

Have to say watching the Wales match was a really strange experience, me and one of my friends dancing around cheering but in complete silence so as not to wake up the others! Stressful viewing, juts so relieved to have got the win.

Just seen the Scarlets result mind, feared it might be a score like that, but don't like seeing it a realityy Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:22 am

Afternoon Dreamer. I had to keep quiet too, so not to bother my neighbours. Very strange getting up to watch it. I'm staying up now because the Dubs play soon.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:26 am

Yeah I'm going to try and power on through today so I can sleep tonight, just watching the Dragons v Aironi game on Clic on S4C's website.

A good start by the Dreigiau I have to say.

Just been speaking to my sis on f/book too. My parents went away on hols on Thurs and my sis just popped over to the house and apparently my cat is a bit depressed, she's just walking round the house crying, so not used to being by herself Sad Can't wait till Monday evening now when I can go home and look after her.

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:38 am

Marks & Spencer
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:40 am

I really love the colour of Aironi's kit, think it might be my fave of any teams in the Pro12 this season (apart from the Scarlets of course)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:44 am

Yes it looks good,, Did you see the match live this am

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:51 am

of course Cymro, no way I was going to miss it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:54 am

I have watched rugby man and boy but I can honestly say I have never been so nervous before or during a match.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:57 am

Same here, I was dreadful, absolutely petrified at HT as well. Samoa were superb at the breakdown, we seriously, seriously missed Lydiate there. For all the tackling Powell does for us, he's really pretty ineffective at the breakdown imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:59 am

How did Turnbull and McCusker play yesterday we may need to fly somebody out there.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:02 am

Not a clue sorry Cymro, only seen the score for that match, not read any reports yet.

Really hope Lydiate isn't seriously injured but he didn't look happy. I fear the worst for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:04 am

At least he walked off so lets hope it's just a slight strain had a few of them myself over the years ,, hurt like hell but soon heal.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:07 am

KiaRose wrote:The bit I like is the "15m" Ferris carried Genia; yesterday morning it was "10m". What'll it be tomorrow? half the length of the pitch?

It's already at 65m Kia. Yahoo
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:14 am

Feckless Rogue wrote:
KiaRose wrote:The bit I like is the "15m" Ferris carried Genia; yesterday morning it was "10m". What'll it be tomorrow? half the length of the pitch?

It's already at 65m Kia. Yahoo

No just re-watched it Rogue - put the measuring tape on the screen - 2.5cm;

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:30 am

Off to listen to a GAA match now

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:38 am

Finally got round to watching the match....really couldn't get into it but a wins a win even though Andy Powell was on the pitch!!

Dreamer: you missed me off the great hookers list!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:46 am

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:09 am

Dreamer,

Glad you enjoyed the Dragons start. It all goes wrong from there Sad

I'm in a better state now after a carvery. Have to say now I am not hungover, I am so much happier with Wales winning. Result rather than performance for a change.

It's a shame Lydiate had to get injured for some people to appreciate his work (not directed at anybody in here). When people say he doesn't carry enough etc it gets on my wick a bit. We need him back for Ireland anyway, as our two backrows going hammer and tongs will be an epic clash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:13 am

KiaRose wrote:Off to listen to a GAA match now

I'm watching it on a strema if you wanted it? Dubs ahead - wooooooooooo!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:14 am

Kia - got your message, just pending an Admin decision but should be okay OK

Rev - yeah just finished watching it. Lack of concentration seemed be a problem for the Dragons, and keeping their composure. Credit to Airnoi they didn't give up, they really are becoming when heck of a difficult team to play both home and away. Some positive things to take from the match, the Dragons just need to make a note of them and build on them. Good for them to get their first win of the season Smile

And I know what you mean on the Lydiate issue, but then I sometimes think it's a Welsh curse. Often some fans just can't see the merit of a player, until they're not able to play for us. I really hope Lydiate can regain fitness for the rest of this rwc, we're going to suffer without him.

Prop - sorry only rwc players allowed up there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:49 am

I gotta say, and I'm sorry for the Welsh fans, I'm absolutely gutted for Samoan rugby. I really wanted to see them make it out of their group (they still might); Wales hold all the aces, just like we do against the USA and Russia.

Professional league, regular test matches, TV deals and if that wasn't enough a favourable World Cup schedule. We're so favoured. For all that, Samoa could have done them today. There's nearly nothing between the teams but to the victor the spoils.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:52 am

Notch - I'm not surprised you've said that to be honest. If it had been any other team you probably would've said the same thing. I don't mind, because we won and your opinion doesn't change anything. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:54 am

Sadly, it does not.

Still, fully behind Samoa and Fiji for the rest of their games.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:56 am

Notch - aye fair enough Smile I'm not a big fan of the likes of Saoma and Fiji though personally (and not just because of our record against them!). Just don't like a lot of the way they play. Was utterly fuming at a lot of the Saoman players today, just so many cheap shots going in (or that's how it looked to my tired eyes in the wee hours). Just not what I like to see in rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:57 am

Listening to it on RTE Cari - some games I actually prefer on radio but thanks

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:02 am

Well done Dublin thumbsup

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:03 am

What a blydi match!!!

dublin are champions!! I believed!!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:05 am

Ultimately, if theres two guys running a race and one of them has two legs and one of them is hopping and has his spare leg tied behind his back I'm going to support the guy with one available leg! UNLESS I have an emotional tie to the the guy with the blatant advantage.

Now when it comes to Ireland, we're Tier 1 but I'm Irish- what can I do? When it comes to England and Wales, there's no emotional tie there. Underdogs all the way!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:06 am

Well done Dublin clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 am

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Yahoo

All Ireland Champions! guinness

Free at Last... Free at Last!

Sam is coming HOME!!!!

I bet Mickado is crying now. Ive got a few coming.

What a weekend!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Notch - aye fair enough Smile I'm not a big fan of the likes of Saoma and Fiji though personally (and not just because of our record against them!). Just don't like a lot of the way they play. Was utterly fuming at a lot of the Saoman players today, just so many cheap shots going in (or that's how it looked to my tired eyes in the wee hours). Just not what I like to see in rugby.

I didn't see today's game, but I know what you mean on this Dreamer. And yet I appreciate Notch's point as well.

The tier 2 teams have everything loaded against them in terms of the scheduling. They are improving. The scorelines do not always reflect how hard it has been for the tier 1 teams to score against them. That is one reason why many of us wqould like to see a real upset: tier 2 team beats tier 1.

One of the reasons I don't like the ABs is because I so often see cheap shots from them as well. They are so blydi good, why do they have to indulge in childish antics like blocking players, little off the ball incidents and so on? I am sure there will be some Kiwi supporters on here who will attempt to disabuse me of this, but I often see it. They can win without doing it and if they did I would enjoy watching them as much as I enjoy watching France. I can even enjoy watching a French team in full flow trouncing Ireland.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:12 am

Gibson wrote:YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Yahoo

All Ireland Champions! guinness

Free at Last... Free at Last!

Sam is coming HOME!!!!

I bet Mickado is crying now. Ive got a few coming.

What a weekend!

Do I gather you enjoyed the game then Gibson? Commentators said the quality was fairly rubbish. But I suppose if you haven't won for that long ...

Hug

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:14 am

Exactly Kia.

I love to see Tier 2 teams competeing and playing really well too. I absolutely loved the Scotland v Romania game, and I understand that they are up against a lot when they get to the wc. But doesn't matter what tier they are, if I don't like aspects of their play (like I don't with Samoa and Fiji), I'm always going to find it hard to back them.

And I know exactly what you mean about France. When they absolutely trounced Wales in the 6N's, I still enjoyed watching them play. Which was a bit weird, but I just couldn't help myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:17 am

At the same time, Kearney took the head off Beale the other day. If he had been an Islander he'd have been sin binned for it.

It is annoying in the game. Lualala's cheap shot on Humphreys was a perfect example- why do it?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:18 am

I'd have sin binned him too Notch. I don't like seeing it from any team, but I couldn't beleive the amount of cheap shots I saw today. Wales weren't guilt free either, even though Georgie and the Doc made some really good runs, I hate how they've started to lead with the arm and do like an arm/elbow smash into the approaching tackler. Don't like it. That's just my own personal gripe about the game though, and some teams are more guilty of it than others Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 am

I caught the last few minutes on the radio,even I willed the Dubs on! Good teams win it once,great teams win it again,Cork didn't have that this year. Dublin's fitness seemed to show from what I gathered. Congrats to them! I am happy for you lot and a bit upset that Cork didn't make it at the same time!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 am

Ah it was a very exciting 2nd half Kia. Ding-dong, end to end stuff. Kerry thought they had it... They thought it was all over. It IS now!

I'm out for pints to celebrate!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:21 am

I understand dreamer. It's kind of like when a guy in a wheelchair calls you a barsteward. You kind of want to knock him out and help him up a flight of stairs at the same time.

This is brilliant. About Brussows chip for Steyn agianst Fiji;

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/rugby/springboks/brussouw-fined-for-chip-kick-1.1139708

Openside flanker outs in a beautiful measured kick, sets up a try, but still has to pay the fine for kicking the ball away! Blydi forwards Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 am

Dublin fans have mail.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:36 am

Well I hope Gibbo and Mickado enjoy their celebrations. I'm off to do some prep for tomorrow.

It's been a good weekend for me Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:39 am

What a fantastic mum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86jlvrG54o&feature=related

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:42 am

Thomond - duly replied, sir Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:59 am

Okay!

Hold the bus here!

Just why might I ask is our Rory's picture not adorning the bar?????

And I was sure Dimitri Szarzewski would make it, even in his own eyes.

Front rowers are supposed to look ... Whistle ...grizzled, not like they have just walked out of the beauty parlour!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:03 am

Dreamer,

Apparently he can't put weight on it at the moment. But I think he'll probably be alright for Fiji.

Gatland spoke well of him anyway, I have just read on the RWC app.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:04 am

argh how did I forget Rory?! he's been my Irish player of the tournament so far too. Shall fix that now....

And Szarzewski? I dunno, his hair's just so....shiny. Reckon he'd just look out of place Wink

Rev - aye, just been reading up about it myself. Guess we'll have to wait for the scan results tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:05 am

I hope when the second rows are on that my picture is up Wink and Prop Lyd is up for the Prop Idols.

Well done Da Dubs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:10 am

Rev - that'll be entirley dependent on whether we let the criteria of having to play in the rwc go, we shall see Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:10 am

thumbsup

Thanks Dreamer.

Dinner time!

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:14 am

Risca Rev wrote:I hope when the second rows are on that my picture is up Wink and Prop Lyd is up for the Prop Idols.

Well done Da Dubs.

I wasn't allowed to go on as a hooker so doubt i will prop either!! How'd you get on yesterday?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next