The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+26
Rava
greybeard
Hound_of_Harrow
mickyt
Mickado
red_stag
rodders
Luckless Pedestrian
Suspicious lurker
Portnoy
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Glas a du
Ozzy3213
MBTGOG
MrsP
Thomond
Gibson
Notch
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Feckless Rogue
Cymroglan
WillyGilly
Cari
30 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of great current hookers pictures on the bar. We've got Tincu, Ledesma, Ford, Best, Thompson and Bennett Shocked all in action. Graffiti's a banning offence Wink

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Previous pub: https://www.606v2.com/t13864-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#475041

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MBTGOG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

Watching the Irish game again.

This time with a lot less alcohol and even less nerves.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Thomond Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

I'm watching NFL here,I'm beginning to think I'm wasting my money heading over to Wembley!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

Evening all
My computer is broke. Ah well I have had it for about ten years, maybe time to get a new one.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

What's happening Thomond?

Just watching the end of the Ireland game now. The commentator is driving me barmy. ITV really have treated this competition with apathy with the selection of the commentators they've picked up.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

Prop,

Stuffed 40 odd 15. I played last 15 minutes and the score was 0-0 during that period, so I can't be blamed. I played well enough though. People are saying positive things to my dad over my form this season, so I must be doing ok.

Dreamer,

I've played in a schoolboy "World Cup" with Risca Juniors and won the World schoolboy tens with Crosskeys College in Australia. They must count surely Whistle

I'm rewatching Wales and Samoa with cider Munsty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

MBTGOG wrote:What's happening Thomond?

Just watching the end of the Ireland game now. The commentator is driving me barmy. ITV really have treated this competition with apathy with the selection of the commentators they've picked up.

To counterbalance that, I have to say that Francois Pienaar, Sean Fitzpatrick and Michael Lynagh are all brilliant in the studio.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:31 pm

Notch wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:What's happening Thomond?

To counterbalance that, I have to say that Francois Pienaar, Sean Fitzpatrick and Michael Lynagh are all brilliant in the studio.

True, but they aren't the ones ruining a large part of the in game viewing experience. They would have been much better taking the New Zealand commentary which has been top notch from what I've seen on links.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

Just so long as I don't have to listen to Phil Vickery commentating again... spare me!

Half-time I generally don't pay that much attention. I'd rather have good commentators as well. BBC and ITV seem to invest more in the studio pundits.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:36 pm

The Bucs have been lethargic Munsty. No offense or defence,just awful.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

Notch wrote:Just so long as I don't have to listen to Phil Vickery commentating again... spare me!

Half-time I generally don't pay that much attention. I'd rather have good commentators as well. BBC and ITV seem to invest more in the studio pundits.

It's purely an aesthetics thing for me really but I hate having to listen to these commentators that speak through their nose. A smooth deep voice is what works well as the main commentator.

Alan Quinlan doesn't have a future in commentary unless he adds emotion to his analysis and removes the monotone.

BBC have a decent stable of commentators. Best around these isles anyway.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:48 pm

Thomond wrote:The Bucs have been lethargic Munsty. No offense or defence,just awful.

Only 17-0 at half time though wasn't it?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Disagree with you on Quinlan, Munsty, think Cari might do too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Only?! 17-7 now Bucs just recovered an onside kick. Blount getting the ball and pounding the rock now. He got no ball in the first game and the first half here,need a good drive here.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

Thomond wrote:Only?! 17-7 now Bucs just recovered an onside kick. Blount getting the ball and pounding the rock now. He got no ball in the first game and the first half here,need a good drive here.

Considering they had no defence or offence, that sounds good to me.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:55 pm

They got shredded by Peterson in the 1st half,he had something like 80 yards. The lockout hurt them a lot I'd say especially for such a young team. They could do with one or two experienced heads though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

Feck,interception! Freeman has thrown 2 this year a third of his total last year.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

MBTGOG wrote:
Notch wrote:Just so long as I don't have to listen to Phil Vickery commentating again... spare me!

It's purely an aesthetics thing for me really but I hate having to listen to these commentators that speak through their nose. A smooth deep voice is what works well as the main commentator.

Alan Quinlan doesn't have a future in commentary unless he adds emotion to his analysis and removes the monotone.

Eddie Butler has the perfect voice for commentary. Brian Moore has one of the worst.

It's an intriguing combination.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

Notch wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:

Eddie Butler has the perfect voice for commentary. Brian Moore has one of the worst.

It's an intriguing combination.

True, but Brian Moore only has brief interjections which is probably why it works.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

Thomond,

How about that for a second half eh?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Did you watch it? Un freaking believable. Freeman is going places,with the game on the line he delivers. Over half of his career wins have been comebacks in the 4th quarter. If they could just start games earlier they would save themselves some hassle!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:39 pm

Whoppeee don't have to go to Oxford tomorrow. Had a few things to do but have dispensed with two of them and the other I can do by snailmail.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:04 pm

Anybody see the Mayweather knockout from last night? Opportunist one shall we say.

Enjoyed watching the Manceinion Unedig match earlier just for Torres' miss and Rooney's slip for his penalty.

Anyway, done in from last night. Sleep time and back to work tomorrow after a week on leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:33 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/9853194

This article is all kinds of wrong; firstly, why give this moron the oxegen of publicity in the national press? He's a troll. Trolls love attention.

Secondly, why do people increasingly try and get more and more offensive just to try and get a rise out of somebody? Is internet tough guy syndrome going too far? I blame 4chan. Of course, thats what 4chan want me to say Smile

Thirdly, and this is the worst, why on earth is this a police matter?? This little jerk-off has a right to post what he likes. If it breaks the rules of a site, remove the content. You can't prosecute someone for a tasteless joke no matter how tasteless or unfunny. I understand laws against inciting racial hatred but this is just an insensitive attempt to get a rise. He's not trying to convince people to attack or otherwise discriminate against anyone. He's just being an a'hole. It's not a police matter.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:39 am

Feic Soccer. Feic Rugby. Feic cricket. Volleyball is cool.

But GAA Football is real a mans game.

Champions! guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:28 am

As the biggest population centre shouldn't you be champs all the time?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:02 am

Morning All coffee

Got my interview later so I won't be in until this afternoon sometime. I'm hoping that the fact ALL my teams won this weekend is a good omen Smile

Hope everyone has a happy Monday Very Happy

Oi Munsty - fancy saying Quinny has no future in rugby commentary! The man is perfect for the job. raspberry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 19 Sep 2011, 7:42 am

Just a point from the game on Saturday but did anyone else think that the scrums on the day were exactly how they were intended to be. The team that won the penalties did so by driving the opposition back, not dropping them down. The contest was incredible.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 19 Sep 2011, 7:43 am

Glas,as Ireland's primate city and after receiving a fortune in grant money from the GAA,they should win it most of the time. Run

Thomond

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Asbo

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 19 Sep 2011, 7:59 am

Good morning people's asbo special please :fried egg::fried egg:

Recovering after great Whiskey session

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:03 am

Thomond wrote:Glas,as Ireland's primate city and after receiving a fortune in grant money from the GAA,they should win it most of the time. Run

Yeah, that's what I though and all.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:06 am

Had the keys to our new office in Llandeilo over the weekend. Mrs G has been cleaning, hope to open up this week.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:17 am

Big office Glas?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:43 am

ah cool, where abouts in Llandeilo Glas? Shall have to keep an eye out when I drive through there later.

Cari - good luck!

Today is the only day in work for me this week, incredibly happy about that Very Happy

Good morning all Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:00 am

Morning people cuppa Monday already, sheesh! Erm

Dreamer, are you able to move individual posts between threads? Asbo has posted in Staggie's Referee Ratings thread but I think he's confused, it should perhaps be here. I suspect he is a little 'under the weather' Wink Laugh
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:03 am

Laugh

I've just spotted that Swanny!

Whil give it a whirl trying to move it now......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:06 am

ha well it's in here now, has slotted in a few posts higher up, bless him Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:12 am

Cheers Dreamer thumbsup

I feel a little mocking the self-inflicted session is on the cards... Whistle
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:23 am

ha, funny that, so do I..... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:25 am

rugbydreamer wrote:ha, funny that, so do I..... Wink

Morning all.

I know what state Hughie was in when we left the Walkabout on Saturday, I hate to think how he's feeling after Sunday ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:29 am

I think a fair few of the Irish regs in here might be a bit worse for wear after the weekend! just some amazing sporting results all round Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

I don't know how I was standing so well by the time we left the Walkabout. The travel home was more than little unenjoyable!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Good morning people's asbo special please :fried egg::fried egg:

Apologies, personna has been hijacked by amateurs that struggled with the world's finest drink! May be just a tad wobbly this morning, but had to keep Hoog, Aonghus, Staggy & MrsStaggy company as the first two celebrated some football win? - something to do with a goalkeeper? eggegg & mugmugmugmugmug

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:41 am

Morning all

Just a very brief visit to share a comment from Gerry Thornley's NZ Diary. It made me smile

"Watching the tryless bore between Scotland and Georgia on Wednesday night in a sodden Invercargill, the thought occurred that World Cup organisers must have had a masterplan in fixing the draw.

So it was that they put England (aka Leicester in white, or black), Argentina, who invariably bring opponents into an arm wrestle, Scotland (who struggle to score tries), the Georgian wrestlers and Romania, who to be fair, surprised most with their adventurous offloading, all in the same group and more often than not put them as far south as possible.

Genius." laughing

You can see the rest here, if you want to

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0917/1224304265137.html

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Good morning people's asbo special please :fried egg::fried egg:

Apologies, personna has been hijacked by amateurs that struggled with the world's finest drink! May be just a tad wobbly this morning, but had to keep Hoog, Aonghus, Staggy & MrsStaggy company as the first two celebrated some football win? - something to do with a goalkeeper? eggegg & mugmugmugmugmug

I note you were drinking "whiskEy" Asbo - might that explain your current condition.

WhiskEy is not for amateurs who are used to whisky Run

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

Please tell me I'm not too late to laugh at Asbo????

laughing

Honestly, the lad should stick to the cooking sherry and leave the good stuff alone!

Feeling a little delicate this morning my wee skirted friend?

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:45 am

Never too late, MrsP, never too late Erm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:58 am

KiaRose wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

I note you were drinking "whiskEy" Asbo - might that explain your current condition.

WhiskEy is not for amateurs who are used to whisky Run

In Asbo's defence Kia, in my experience the poorer quality the alcohol, the worse the hangover Wink Run
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

Excellent news - the missus has banned Hoog from coming over on Sunday evenings - she can't cope with the hangover on a Monday morning! Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

Apparently Hook and Lydiate are out of the remaining pool matches: shoulder and ankle respectively.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:52 am

b ugger. I knew about Hook but hadn't heard that about Lydiate. Got to pray Ryan stays fit/gets fit for Fiji then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next