The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luck sweepstakes

+6
BamBam
skins4ever
The Mangler US_UK
Cheesehead United
Grizzly
cherriesfna
10 posters

Go down

Luck sweepstakes Empty Luck sweepstakes

Post by cherriesfna Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

After the first 2 weeks of the season i can only see 2 teams capable of doing bad enough to have a chance o the 1st overall pick
The seattle seahawks,
and the KC chiefs.

seattle have looked totally lost on ofeence , with there running game non extistant and a Q.B who lets face it, isnt good enough and a very raw o-line putting points on the board has become a huge challenge( as proved on sunday 🤦 ) and only there denfence has kept some respect, i can easily see this team going 2-14 or in that region.(unfortunantly)

now the chiefs,
10 points scored
99 against
where has the division topping team of last year gone?
and now without berry and charles, i can see this being a very long season for the chiefs but may end in salvation witht the 1st overall draft pick and andrew luck! im sorry to say this but i can see kansas going 0-16, with a scedule that includes, the packers, bears patriots jets and the steelers my bold prediction may come true.

then again luck could be a bust! but not likley
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Luck sweepstakes Empty Re: Luck sweepstakes

Post by Grizzly Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

cherries - we won't go 0-16, we've got the self destroying Chargers to play twice yet LOL !

Things are bad though I know that and it all started when a diva WR got drafted and ripped the team spirit out the locker room - I think Haley has proved he's not strong enough to deal with it but that maybe comes from a guy who's never been in a locker room as a player.
I'll take the #1 pick because I don't take the view that Cassel is the type you'd want to lead you over the top, his performances this season have stunk the place out and whilst we've had some tough injuries to deal with you want your big players to stand up, Cassel goes missing.

And whilst it does look as if the Chiefs and Seahawks are early fabs for the pick I still think Jacksonville could enter the running....

Last edited by Grizzly on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead United Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

Do you reckon the Colts will purposely lose all their games to ensure they get the Luck in the draft laughing

In all seriousness though, I think the Seahawks will be front of the queue.

Cheesehead United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:31 pm

Well Grizz, there could be a bright spot in a potentially dismal year for you. So why do you think the wheels came off the bus?

That would be an interesting dynamic if the Colts drafted Luck. How would Manning feel with an anointed heir, the 2nd Coming of John Elway, sitting on the bench?

I hope Luck doesn't end up in the NFC West (unless the Cards flame out and we get him -- cya Kolb). I've watched him play and I don't want to see him twice a year.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

Mangler - I do think we flattered to deceive last year, our div win was as much owing to the Chargers errors as it was our improvement.
Baldwin did the damage in the locker room and losing Berry and Jamaal have hurt us, Cassel got out of jail last year because Jamaal and Jones were so effective running the ball teams stacked the box to stop them which opened up the passing game IMO.
But if you do break down last year Denver were poor and Oakland got up for the div battles only in which they went 6-0, but managed to lose some ridiculous games.
Look at the mess Detroit were in 2 years ago and how good they are now, with good trades/drafts you can turn things around quickly.
Besides, Colts don't need a franchise QB, we do....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:30 pm

Funnily enough, I can see Carolina having the top yardage passing offense and still end up with the #1 pick again! Shocked

My vote though is going with the Chiefs. I just can't see them getting a win in that division and its hard to see who they can get a win against outside the division.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 19 Sep 2011, 7:13 pm

I still reckon the Chiefs will improve, they aren't as bad as they have looked in the first 2 games. The Seahawks are my tip for number one pick, what's the betting that Pete Carroll passes over Luck and drafts his lovechild Matt Barkley! I could see a possible trade up to the first pick (please be 49ers) if Seattle are the worst team

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Mon 19 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Well, Grizz, the one key thing you have going in your favor is that Matt Millen isn't helming the operation--so hopefully it won't take as long to sort out in KC.

Berry and Charles are two, huge crushing blows and you're correct about the Chargers last year shooting themselves in both feet to start the season out.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:00 pm

bambamwillis wrote:I still reckon the Chiefs will improve, they aren't as bad as they have looked in the first 2 games. The Seahawks are my tip for number one pick, what's the betting that Pete Carroll passes over Luck and drafts his lovechild Matt Barkley! I could see a possible trade up to the first pick (please be 49ers) if Seattle are the worst team

i would personaly fly over there and hunt pete down if he did that mad
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:00 am

Hmmm... I'd put the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes as Seattle, KC, Indy in that order.

Seattle because they suck, KC because there down 3 big talents and Indy because Collins is not the answer Painter is worse and once they are out of contention they wont rush Manning back at all.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:42 am

I'd throw the dolphins into the sweepstakes too. I'm not buying Henne 1 bit, the defence isn't what it's been made out to be and honesty I can only see them winning 1 division game, if that. Colts I don't think will be in the chase, they will improve as Collins gets to know the offence more and although I don't think they'll have a winning season I do think they'll go something like 5-11/6-10.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Wed 28 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

The Rams have entered the running ,they are having a shocker
Vikes also 0-3 but surely too good to go 0-16

Still 5 teams without a win , the 1-2 broncos & Jags don't look like winning many either
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

Rams are struggling with so many injuries but they already have their #1 pick and franchise QB, besides they'll get better and had a very tough first half of the season, I'd expect them to win at least 6 games still.

If they did get the #1 overall pick I'm sure they'd trade down...

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

Forward Pass wrote:The Rams have entered the running ,they are having a shocker
Vikes also 0-3 but surely too good to go 0-16

Still 5 teams without a win , the 1-2 broncos & Jags don't look like winning many either

I am biased I know, but the Broncos are definitely not that bad. I realise they are not good but all 3 of their games have been decided by 3 points or less.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 28 Sep 2011, 6:06 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if its the Vikes. The Rams have at times looked potent and therefore I reckon potentially able to spring an upset. The Vikes OTOH seem to be a side that get surprised when they are winning and thereafter looking to find ways to screw up! Shocked

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down