The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland must make the most of this opportunity

+16
emack2
Standulstermen
chewed_mintie
The Great Aukster
Feckless Rogue
Shifty
doctor_grey
BlueMuff
pete (buachaill on eirne)
bedfordwelsh
Notch
Nos na Gaoithe
clivemcl
rodders
Biltong
kiakahaaotearoa
20 posters

Go down

Ireland must make the most of this opportunity Empty Ireland must make the most of this opportunity

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:11 pm

Well firstly congrats to the Irish lads and fans for a great win that´s really turned this tournament on its head. It was a fantastic execution of team orders with players lifting their game for the performance. The Irish scrum, much maligned in recent times, turned in a huge performance and the backrow performance was special.

I remember reading the pre-match discussion last week. Nerves were all too apparent among the Irish posters and confidence was high with the Australian posters. Ireland had come into the tournament with poor form given their high standards and needed to go back to the England match in the 6N for their best performance to try to emulate. And it was a similar kind of performance. The Irish threw everything they had into the breakdown and failed to let Australia into the match. But before the game, you got the feeling that not many Irish posters were confident of the win but still held out hope as they were at least capable of a win if things went to plan.

So now Ireland find themselves in a very good position. They must remain focused and win their pool games. There is no point in winning against Australia and then do the unthinkable and lose to a team like Italy. They must ensure that they win those games and it doesn´t matter how they win.

But the way Wales are playing, Ireland have to somehow find a way to make sure their performance against Australia doesn´t become just a one-off. Ireland seem to like the underdog status. But if they top the pool then they did something that Wales proved incapable of doing (albeit tantalisingly close) and that is beat a SH side (the one that won the 3N this year). So they go into that match as favourites. It seemed to take a significant emotional summoning of strength. The injured Flannery gave out the jerseys the day before and POC was apparently in tears rarking up the troops just before battle.

Ireland have to find a way to summon the same amount of focus and application. But Decs will have to be smart and make sure the tactics are right. Teams will now know what game plan Ireland will like to play so he´ll need to have a few tricks up his sleeve to get his boys to make a few surprise moves.

So a tremendous victory for the Irish, but having done the hard part so early, they need to find a way to keep up their performances and make the most of the easier draw they have now. It's still a huge ask with a lot of class teams on the way to the final who are all capable of beating Ireland. But Ireland have to find a way to call on their reserves and come out with an attitude that they are afraid of no team. Because like it or not they have made the rugby world sit up and notice and now teams will be drawing on their strength to try to overcome Ireland. With the Grand Slam in 2009, Ireland showed that they possess the mettle to overcome pressure. But this is another level with the World Cup. Ireland must strive for consistency in their performance and take this tournament by the scruff of its neck and show them who is boss.

Keep it clean, keep it green, keep the dream. Go you good things.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Ireland must make the most of this opportunity Empty Re: Ireland must make the most of this opportunity

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

Absolutely, their best opportunity to reach a final since 1987.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Ireland must make the most of this opportunity Empty Re: Ireland must make the most of this opportunity

Post by rodders Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

Well Kia I think you have summed up this little predicament we find ourselves in nicely.

The challenge now for Kidney is to get selection right for the remainder of the pool games and the challenge for the players is to stay focused on teh task at hand.

Kidney needs to rest players were necessary but also try and keep some sort of consistancy with the key combinations so that we maintain momentum heading into the KO stages.

I think most of our players are too long in the tooth to get carried away with this result but we will have to deal with a higher level of expectation now and show that we can back this level of performance up and indeed surpass it.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

91 was oh so close against Australia Biltong.

Ireland have shown in previous World Cups that they find it difficult to impose themselves on the so-called minnow teams. Plenty of wise heads in the side rodders along with the new, young talent but a huge mental effort is required to play good rugby against the likes of Russia or Italy. The motivation of winning the pool makes that easier but like you say, that all-important momentum gained from last Saturday has to be kept going in combinations and performance. Player management will be key and also making sure minds are kept focused.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

Yeah sorry, it was then that they had the loss by 1 point, i was too lazy to check my facts.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

Wales beat Australia in 87 who looked good before the tournament. 95, well don´t remember who made the final that year. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:45 pm

Yeah, I have a vague recollection, but we don't delve in the past, do we Kia? Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

By the sounds of it Darcy won't make the Russia game. I rcekon Paddy was gona get this one anyway. Rog at out-half. Sexton rested completly. McFadden will come on at 12 with Paddy goin to 10.
also reckon trimble will get his chance. Ferris and DOC and POC rested too i reckon.

Maybe thats too many changes though?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm

clivemcl wrote:By the sounds of it Darcy won't make the Russia game. I rcekon Paddy was gona get this one anyway. Rog at out-half. Sexton rested completly. McFadden will come on at 12 with Paddy goin to 10.
also reckon trimble will get his chance. Ferris and DOC and POC rested too i reckon.

Preparation for Ireland v Russia:

1) Take Mr Ross to one side
2) Purchase a large large - industrial - amount of bubble wrap.
3) Wrap every hair, limb, toe and finger.
4) Leave him to have a nice meal and head off for the match.

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

Well Italy has to be targeted as the more crucial team. Players need to be rested after such a titanic display. But continuity is important. A difficult compromise and a game against Russia sounds easy and therein lies the danger. Not of a loss but of dropping standards and performance.

Momentum is very important in any elite sport. You´ve got to learn to ride that momentum wave when it´s going your way.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:00 pm

Tight five is the most important area to rest players after that game.

O'Callaghan and Healy should play. Ross and O'Connell should put the feet up. Best is 50/50 really depending on the composition of the rest of the team but with Flannery gone he needs to be fit for 80 minutes against Italy and beyond, if we go beyond. If we make three changes to the tight five we should keep the same backrow and 9.

Backs are fine, less physically intensive game and a long week of rest but would give O'Gara and Wallace a run, possibly Trimble as well.

8-day turnaround means we can afford to name a strong side, just shows what an advantage the likes of ourselves and Wales have over Samoa etc.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm

Neither Wales nor Ireland seem to like the favourites tag but I suppose if things go as we seem to think (I Am not saying anything until we beat Namibia and Fiji).

If that happens then Ireland will indeed be seen as faves due to the fact they beat Australia. These teams will know each other inside out due to the Pro12 and 6 Nations links and they tend to be quite good games as well.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:20 pm

clivemcl wrote:By the sounds of it Darcy won't make the Russia game. I rcekon Paddy was gona get this one anyway. Rog at out-half. Sexton rested completly. McFadden will come on at 12 with Paddy goin to 10.

After listening to Fitzpatrick, Dayglo and Pienaar speak about the importance of momentum and combinations I think we need to keep rotation to a mimimum, even if it means fringe players don't see much gametime.

It's not like a lions tour were you can afford to have a dirttrackers side. Every game is equal and we need to put out our strongest side against Russia bar those needing rest or carrying knocks.

The only player I would leave out would be Mike Ross because he's not the fittest and POC and D'arcy because they are carrying knocks. I wouldn't risk Ferris because of his knee so I would put Leamy at 6. However Heaslip needs more gametime to find form and O'Brien needs more time at 7.

I think we need to keep the same halfback combinations and stick with Best at hooker to keep the same key combinations. Best needs to keep is rich form going and a lower pressure game might help Sexton improve his goal kicking percentages.

Out wide Bowe, BOD and Kearney are all still trying to find match fitness and sharpness so I would start them all.

If we open up a decent lead against Russia then I would start to make changes but I think we need to play the core of the side which played Australia to try and build on that performance. A few tries and linebreaks would help the backs confidence too.

There'll still be opportunties for other players over the course of the tournament but right now we need to stick to a winning formula where possible I feel.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:46 pm

I would put Cronin in also as I think he needs game time if he comes in off the bench in one of our matches coming up.

Agree with most of the calls here though about needing to keep combinations playing to a certain extent.

My changes would be:

Cronin for Best (Best to bench)
Court for Ross (Buckley to bench)
Cullen for POC (Ryan to bench)
Leamy for Ferris (Ferris to bench)
Wallace for Darcy

BOD, Sexton, Reddan, Healy, SOB off once the match feels comfortable (sounds arrogant I know)

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

rodders I would bring O'Gara into 10 not to rest Sexton, but because I believe he should be starting every game from here on in. I think there is a similar argument to be made about Trimble!

So those two changes I would make aren't really rotation.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

Cronin, Trimble, ROG!!! You guys have lost it! Run

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:00 pm

Notch wrote:rodders I would bring O'Gara into 10 not to rest Sexton, but because I believe he should be starting every game from here on in. I think there is a similar argument to be made about Trimble!

So those two changes I would make aren't really rotation.

Seconded - we could have easily lost the match if ROG didnt pop over those kicks. Also his first kick was a massive 50 metre gain with which we gained the penalty.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:10 pm

This is terrible - I must be the only Rugby person in the world who has not yet watched the Ireland-Aus match. I recorded it, but haven't had the two hours to watch it yet.
Hopefully tonight. Anything in particular to look for? Or, just grab my beer, sit back and enjoy?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:13 pm

But the conditions suited ROG. Not much running around on Saturday.

You get a nice sunny day (it can happen) and suddenly you have to be a bit more creative in the backs (other teams likely to face Ireland will be on to their game plan and will look for ways to counter it. Ireland needs a bit of variety and Sexton offers that on attack with running the ball in hand.)

By all means pull on ROG if the game is tight. But let´s not forget the Sexton drop goal to get things started for Ireland.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

Russia are no threat to Ireland to be honest, I have seen Russia play live twice this year against the Dragons and the Ospreys where they basically played 2 different teams and their entire World Cup squad.

They do have a talent in their back 3, their full back and wingers are good. Popov or (Boris Johnson the mayor of London) their loose head is like Wales Adam Jones but blonde, he is a real character.

They can put nice patterns together and can be dangerous through their backs, however their pack is generally weak, and they are prone to losing the ball at vital moments and losing patience in build up play.

The Ospreys and Dragons beat them by 20-30 points, and that was when the regions were trying out academy players to be honest, so Ireland should win by at least 40, if not 50.

I really like Russia and watched all their Churchill Cup games, and try to watch their club games when I can get my hands on them, but I am very fearful what Ireland and especially Australia will do to them, I really doubt they have any idea what is in store for them.

Their not the monstrous, battle scarred, bear wrestlers you might imagine, their a small side with nippy skillful backs, and against a focussed Ireland or Australia... well.... Sorry
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:17 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:But the conditions suited ROG. Not much running around on Saturday.

You get a nice sunny day (it can happen) and suddenly you have to be a bit more creative in the backs (other teams likely to face Ireland will be on to their game plan and will look for ways to counter it. Ireland needs a bit of variety and Sexton offers that on attack with running the ball in hand.)

By all means pull on ROG if the game is tight. But let´s not forget the Sexton drop goal to get things started for Ireland.

Funny didnt see much attacking variety on Sat from the backs. All the points came from set pieces. (drop goal apart). Jowever given that we had the penalty and men out wide Sexton should have moved the ball out wide. He didnt.

The up and under was Sexton biggest tool. However I did see ROG start a running move from inside his own 22 when it was on.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

Well that was the tactics for the match. Not enter a running game with those Aussie backs but shut them down in the tight and go for territory. I´m sure Sexton can employ a more open style if required and, like Wilkinson, I like seeing experience coming on in the business end of the game rather than seeing it go off. Leave ROG in that role in my opinion.

As for the drop goal, the ref was giving advantage but on the run he went for the points. Hindsight´s a wonderful thing but bagging 3 is better than risking advantage being called off and going back to a more difficult kick and coming away with nothing. Ireland showed the importance of coming away with points at the right times putting pressure on the opposition. ROG did a great job but despite his great passing, you´d be mad to think he has a better running game than Sexton.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:41 pm

Poor old Jonny he architects the biggest win in the history of Irish rugby and is the lynchpin in our two best performances this year and people still want him dropped.

It seems once again people are wearing rog tinted specs. Rogs decision making and kicking out of hand have not been good recently. No one seems to remember the up and under straight into touch which could have cost us big time.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

Ireland have a huge chance now. A Wales quarter and England semi anyone? Not easy of course, but a realistic chance of making it to a semi final or even the final. The FINAL. And it's not a pie in the sky wish now. It's really do-able.

Of course England, Wales and France will be thinking exactly the same thing after our win catapulted Oz into the same side as SA and NZ. It's made a semi final appearance a real possibility for the four teams and possibly a final. They can all beat each other.

The Irish team should have the confidence now. And they will have a burning desire not to miss a chance they've earned for themselves. We beat England and Wales more often than not. We can't seem to beat France more than twice a decade though.

I want to see more from the backs now. Our forwards were great against Oz. And I think there's a lot of untapped potential behind those forwards. I believe Ireland can play better than they did at the weekend. It would be unbearable if we didn't get our first semi final now.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

There needs to be a compromise. Sexton must wear red underwear if he starts and ROG must run it out from the posts if he comes on. Simple.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

I'd change most of the pack and keep most of the backs. The forwards will need to be fresh for Italy and they all have enough match fitness now. All the talk before the tournament was about how to preserve the forwards playing so many games in so few weeks. If Ireland are serious about progressing beyond the pool and then the quarters they will have enough of so called momentum without pretending that a match against Russia will make any difference to it.

Add to that as the matches get more difficult the likelihood of an injury is probably increased so if a cover player has to come in they need to have had some gametime to keep match sharp.

Thirdly there is always a risk of injury in every game and Kidney has to trust his squad to spread that risk and the Russia game is the perfect opportunity to do that.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

If I may be bold, I am going head on the block time to declare that one of the finalists will be one of Ireland or Wales. That is how I see it. Whoever wins that QF (if it pans out) will beat either England or France (if they lose to NZ this week)

I have said to all and sundry, Ireland will beat anyone in the world when their forward pack turns up in the right frame of mind. Thank god they did on Saturday, it was an inspiring effort

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

Team for Russia (imo)

Court
Best
Buckley
Ryan
Cullen
Leamy
SOB
Heaslip
Boss

ROG
Trimble
Wallace
BOD
Bowe
Kearney/Murphy

As regards a possible welsh QF i genuinely dont know how we should play. I think we can match wales in the front row, better them in the 2nd and back row(only just) which would lead me to say that we should keep it tight. Then again Wales scrum is great. For me i think the plan would be to kick the corners and put pressure on Bennett (although they have two good lineout men in Charteris and AWJ). In the backs i would be happy enough matching the back 3 but Roberts and Davies (to a lesser extent) would worry me with their phsicality. Key areas to put pressure on would be hooker and fly half imo.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:21 pm

My team for Russia:

1. Healy
2. Best
3. Court
4. DOC
5. Cullen
6. Leamy
7. SOB
8. Heaslip
9. Reddan
10. Sexton
11. Earls
12. McFadden
13. BOD
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

Bench: Buckley, Cronin, Ryan, Jennings, Boss, Wallace, Trimble

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:56 pm

Take one match at a time,and don`t stuff up against Italy.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:31 am

It's an interesting decision that Kidney & Co have to make.

Continue the momentum versus involving the whole squad. I'm going for the latter.

I think there are some players who need R&R and to quell potential injuries. They are:

O'Driscoll,
Darcy,
Kearney
O'Connell
Ross,
Healy.

Given Gaffney's comments about the Rog/Sexton combo, I reckon they might look to use that again and start the match against Russia with that. Murray feeds them.

Outside them, McFadden or Earls at 13, with the other taking one of the wing slots with Trimble on the other. Geordan takes the 15 shirt.

Up front, Buckley and Court combine with Best in the middle. Cronin or Varley off the bench.

Donncha O'C and Cullen in the locking department with Leamy, Jennings and Heaslip packing behind them.

Boss to get a run in the second half. Along with Wallace and Bowe. Ryan, O'Brien, Cronin, Healy to complete the forward replacements.

This gives most of the squad a runout, gives more time to the 10/12 axis that I think they're going to need because Darcy is going to break down, and Gaffney is not convinced of the Wallace solution. Reddan is what he is. He ain't going to improve with more game time against Russia. Murray needs it, and Boss will be chomping at the bit to give more devil to the backline.

Leo Cullen needs game time as he'll be on the bench for the Italy game. Donncha continues. Heaslip is still in a shell with his concussion and needs to get more running into his legs. Since we brought a specialist opensider, Jennings needs time if he's chosen for the Italy match.

Court, Best, Buckley,
DOC, Cullen
Leamy, Jennings,
Heaslip

Murray, ROG, Sexton, McFadden,
Earls, Murphy Trimble.

I reserve the right to change my mind at least four times a day between now and Thursday.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:17 am

Ireland find themselves in a unique position.
To back up against italy will be difficult for the players.
For one italy will fully expect the team that toppled oz to come out and will play like it.

The irish players will come out and expect to play like it as well. This is the conundrum that winning teams face.

If at the end of the italy match we are all saying "gee they were better than that against oz" then the players will have learnt that expectations and doing it are poles apart.

Ireland are in a new world as far as their rugby goes whether they like it or not. How they handle it now will determine their character.

No pressure boys... Whistle

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 20 Sep 2011, 9:19 am

Taylorman wrote:Ireland are in a new world as far as their rugby goes whether they like it or not. How they handle it now will determine their character.

No pressure boys... Whistle

Taylorman I'm not so sure how true that is. Leinster and Munster have both won HEC cups when they have been expected to do so and a lot of these players have the experience of closing out a 6N Grand slam.

We didn't deal well with expectation in 2007 but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then and plenty of trophies in the cabinate. I think this group of players is much better equipped to deal with expectation than a lot of people might think.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 20 Sep 2011, 9:25 am

There is very little between Ireland, England and Wales and all are capable of beating each other - Ireland beating Australia is hardly a surprise IMO - The only suprise perhaps is that Ireland had a poor world cup warm up - which might have served to galvanise them. If and it remains an if Ireland meet Wales in 1/4's then it's a 50/50 game. Wales IMO are also looking good so the opportunity is there for both these countrys. Let's hope BOD does not get injured. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 20 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

In terms of the world cup I believe this is the first time Ireland has beaten a SH side and from the compliments they are getting from the rugby world expectations of them will be huge. No disrespect but this aint HEC. That doesnt rate in these parts in all honesty.

This is a brand new pressure for them, the kind we get to face on a slightly more regular basis, something they just won't quite be used to just yet. Thats why how they handle it will be very interesting in their next 2-3 performances. Maintaining the standard against Oz will be difficult (said as an understatement).

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 20 Sep 2011, 9:54 am

Taylorman wrote:In terms of the world cup I believe this is the first time Ireland has beaten a SH side and from the compliments they are getting from the rugby world expectations of them will be huge. No disrespect but this aint HEC. That doesnt rate in these parts in all honesty.

This is a brand new pressure for them, the kind we get to face on a slightly more regular basis, something they just won't quite be used to just yet. Thats why how they handle it will be very interesting in their next 2-3 performances. Maintaining the standard against Oz will be difficult (said as an understatement).

The format of the HEC is identical to the RWC and the Irish players have a lot of experience of being successful under that format both as underdogs and favourites.

Ireland have one of the most experienced squads in the tournament and know more than many other teams what is required if they are to progress. I think you are being influenced a bit by cultural stereotypes here and this Irish team is more equipped than most teams in the tournament to deal with the situation they find themselves in.

They won't be able to go under the radar now but I don't think the high expectations will phase these players at all.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:14 am

Wow, didn’t expect us to get into a ROG v Sexton slagging match by Monday evening. That must be a new record lads!

The great thing about that win is that there is a LOT of room for improvement.

1) Sextons place kicking is still not up to scratch. His kicking coach at Leinster claims his technique is fine, that’s good the good news, he’s not pishing in the wind, his stats will improve.
2) Kearney had a good game, but will need to improve as the tournament goes on, a couple of sliced kicks and a lazy attempt at t a high catch were blots on his copy, he’ll be looking to put that right next time round.
3) The backs in general have yet to fire. After the last game I now see this as when and not if, with the forwards giving them the impetuous we saw on Saturday, they could make hay against a lesser side than the Aussies.
4) Heaslip had another quiet game, carrying was not up to much and gave away a ridiculous penalty at the breakdown.
5) O'Driscoll is still not fit. Hopefully another rest will do him the world of good, he has history of hitting the ground running when back from injury but he needs to be afforded the chance to heal first and foremost.

An absolutely epic game on Saturday, couldn’t believe we had done it, but we won ONE game and nothing more, plenty more to do to make this WC a special one. The team against Russia should be:

Healy – Cronin – Court
DOC – Cullen
Leamy – Heaslip – O’Brien
Boss – ROG
Trimble – Wallace – McFadden – Bowe
Kearney

Best – Buckley – Ryan – Ferris – Murray – Earls – Murphy

Wallace can move to 10 if / when ROG needs to come ashore. Boss needs a start, Murray to come on if we’re looking comfortable.
Russia were eaten up by the US scrum and we know what Court/Ross and Buckley done to them, they’ve also no lineout to speak of, so having ROG in there is a tactical move, ping the corners all day and let Cullen call it to any of the 4/5 (O’Brien maybe) jumpers in the pack. I’ve gone with Boss at scrum half because I think each player needs some exposure and he works well with strike runners hitting the gainline at pace, in Bowe, Trimble, Heaslip and O’Brien we’ve got plenty of that.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down