The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Releases - WRL

2 posters

Go down

Press Releases - WRL Empty Press Releases - WRL

Post by Driver Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Post any press releases here such as Match reports , 'A' team games , transfer gossip and anything else which springs to mind.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Press Releases - WRL Empty Re: Press Releases - WRL

Post by Driver Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:10 am

CRUSADERS WARM UP FOR WRL WITH WIN IN CHRIS JACK TESTIMONIAL

The Crusaders ran out convincing winners against a Barbarians select in Chris Jack's memorial game which doubled up as a fundraiser for the Christchurch victims.

The Crusaders fielding a mixed team with youngsters Adam and Luke Whitelock both playing along with Tu Umaga-Williams. Jack skippered the side from the second row and even bagged him self a try in the 52-0 win.

T: Umaga-Williams (2) , Jack , Carter , Bill - Williams , Andrew Ellis.
C: Carter (5) ; Ward (2) ; Jack (1)
DG: Bleyendaal

01.Wyatt Crockett 09.Andrew Ellis
02.David Hall 10.Dan Carter
03.Ben Franks
04.Chris Jack(c) 11.Tu Umaga-Marshall
05.Brad Thorn 12.Sonny Bill-Williams
06.Luke Whitelock 13.Adam Whitelock
07.Matt Todd 14.Brent Ward
08.Richie McCaw15.Tom Marshall

16.C Flynn 17.O Franks 18.R Thorne 19.T Blackadder 20.J Marshall 21.A Mertens 22.A Mauger 23.T Bleyendaal 24.S Maitland
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:10 pm

Pullthestrings relishing the challenge of WRL5

After coming so close with Leicester Tigers last year, experienced manager Pullthestrings is buzzing for the new challenge at rivals Northampton Saints.

'Last season was disappointing for us to get knocked out in the semi's after what was a great season. It seems the lads had worked so hard all year to chase Toulouse that they ran out of steam at the end. I enjoyed my time at Welford Road but I believe it is time for me to seek a new challenge at Northampton

Something special has begun at Franklin's gardens and I'm hoping to continue the progress that the club has made. We have a strong squad, but know there are areas for improvement. I'll certainly be looking to the transfer market to bulk up my squad before the season kicks off.

This is a challenge for the lads to prove themselves on the world stage, but also a challenge for me personally. I want to go one step further and clinch the WRL title this year. I know my players share my ambition and they'll be showing that on the pitch.'

BOOM.

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Crusaders carry on winning start to pre-season

Crusaders 45
Golden Lions 6

The Crusaders faced the Golden Lions as part of there warm up tour and had a nervy start as they found them selves 6-0 down at the 10 minute mark thanks to infringements at the ruck from Brad Thorn and Matt Todd. But the Crusaders soon rallied well and Dan Carter slipped a killer ball through to Isreal Dagg who took his man on the outside and scored with Ward adding the extras. Zac Guildford punished the Lions poor tactical kicking with 2 well taken trys from deep with Bleyendaal sneaking a drop goal between the tries. With Crusaders dominate they started to run the trys in for fun with SBW , Thorn and Poff joining the party.

1.Ben Franks 2.David Hall 3.Owen Franks 4.Brad Thorn 5.Sam Whitelock 6.Matt Todd 7.Johnathan Poff 8.Kieron Read (c) 9.Kahn Fotuali'i 10.Tyler Bleyendaal 11.Sonny Bill-Williams 12.Dan Carter 13.Isreal Dagg 14.Brent Ward 15.Zac Guildford
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down