The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 - Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Pune Warriors

4 posters

Go down

Week 3 - Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Pune Warriors Empty Week 3 - Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Pune Warriors

Post by Gregers Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

Welcome to the Wankhede Stadium, home of the Mumbai Indians.

Form

MI - WL

PW - LW

Pitch Conditions: A bit of a green top offering some movement to the fast bowlers in the first innings, as the match goes on batting will become easier. However, it will offer assistance to the spinners throughout with spin becoming a bigger threat in the second innings.

-----

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Pune Warriors Empty Re: Week 3 - Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Pune Warriors

Post by JDizzle Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

I don't care if I win this game. At least I can say I have played at the Wankhede stadium.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Pune Warriors Empty Re: Week 3 - Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Pune Warriors

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

if pune get sachin early then it would be very intresting i would assume.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:30 pm

Sachin is always the key. Mumbai have other great players, but if you don't get the Little Master early you are in trouble.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:10 am

you would have to get rohit sharma early as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

also have to keep out malinga lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

Mumbai Indians

1) S. Tendulkar (c)
2) L. Wright
3) S. Kanwar
4) R. Sharma
5) Harpreet Singh
6) K. Pollard
7) P. Shah (wk)
8) Harbajhan Singh
9) D. Sammy
10) U. Gul
11) L. Malinga

The Indians make a few changes this week in order to fully take advantage of the conditions. We bat all the way down to 9 and even Gul and Malinga can swing a bat if needed.

Toss: Bowl first

As the ball will seam around in the first innings we will bowl first in order to take advantage of this. Sammy has taken wickets all over the world and will get lots of assistance off of this pitch. At the other end Malinga will open up bowling 2 of his allotted overs. He will be replaced for the 6th over by Kieron Pollard who will get some assistance off of this pitch as well. After the powerplay Gul will bowl one over before being replaced by Harbajhan who is a great bowler in t20 cricket. Pollard will then be replaced by Luke Wright who has shown time and time again for Sussex that he is a brilliant t20 bowler. He will use all of his variations and should get some assistance off of the pitch. Darren Sammy will come back for his final over in the 14th over with Harbhy changing ends for his final over. Malinga and Gul to bowl the final 5 overs as they are the best death bowlers in world cricket. If we lose the toss and bowl second then Rohit will bowl one or two of Pollard/Wrights allocation as the pitch will offer more to the spinners in the second innings.

Bowlers used:

D. Sammy - 4 overs (1,3,5,14)
L. Malinga - 4 overs (2,4,18,20)
K. Pollard - 2 overs (6,8)
U. Gul - 4 overs (7,15,17,19)
Harbajhan Singh - 4 overs (9,11,13,16))
L. Wright - 2 overs (10,12)

Batting

Pune lack any real threatening opening bowlers with the likes of Tait being expensive at times. As the pitch will be easier to bat on second time around Sachin will be his amazing best. Luke Wright is there to get us off to a quick start. As we have bowled first we would expect to be chasing a slightly lower than par score and once we are ahead of the rate I'd expect us to see it home. Kanwar, Rohit and Harpreet are all great young batsmen (Rohit especially) and will be able to play there natural way on this pitch. Swann will be dangerous however these three (and Sachin) are great players of spin. Pollard and Shah are there to see us home if they are needed to.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

I would say you look like the favourite here gregers but then you included Luke Wright in your side so I may have to reconsider Wink

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

I needed another bowling option and Luke Wright is a good t20 opener

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

no suprise sachin is in there, but suprised that there's no matt prior, he would do well opening the batting for you, and with the gloves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

I went back and forth between:
Shah and Wright
Or
Prior and Raut

Went for the extra seamer and Shah is quality with the gloves

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm

Nash > Wright
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Yes he is but Nash isn't a quick bowler

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

jdizzle tactics??

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:04 am

I will get them up when I am nopt playing cricket and sober!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:16 pm

Pune:

Virat Kohli
Paul Valthaty
Akinjha Rahane
Yuvraj Singh
JP Duminy
Jos Buttler
Angelo Mathews
Graeme Swann
Praveen Kumar
Shaun Tait
Jaydev Unadkat

Toss: Bowl first

Win the toss, and bowl first as it will negate the strengths of Mumbai, namely their seamers. Also the green top will assist my quicker bowlers with Tait getting some movement at extreme pace, along with Unadkat and Angelo Mathews/Kumar will move the ball on a good length and not make batting easy. Then in the middle overs Swann, Yuvraj and Duminy can turn through some overs before bringing back Tait and Mathews for the slog overs. Even if we bowl second I have the spinners, including the best spinner in the world Graeme Swann, to take advantage of turning conditions aswell as my seamers with cutters.

Batting:

My batting line up is very deep with Praveen being handy with the bat at 9. I have a good mix of power and touch players who can play around then. Paul Valthaty will look to get Pune off to a quick start and if he falls early then Kohli and Rahane, too more sedate and reliable players, can build again and set a platform for the slog overs. Then with plenty of power hitters to come I can take advantage. Jos Buttler and JP Duminy are crucial as they are used to the these sorts of green, seaming conditions and can take advantage of the extra pace on the ball. Also Angelo Mathews can be required to come in and finish the game off for me.

Sorry for the delay in tactics!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm

Think you might be to late mate, some have already voted.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:19 pm

Ah well.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

can we vote on this game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 25 Sep 2011, 1:41 pm

I don't see why not

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2011, 2:00 pm

will vote on it now, and will edit my original vote post, so it has this game on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down