The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderator Vote Results

+10
Scottrf
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend
coxy0001
azania
oxring
Imperial Ghosty
HumanWindmill
D4thincarnation
The Galveston Giant
Adam D
14 posters

Go down

Moderator Vote Results Empty Moderator Vote Results

Post by Adam D Fri 25 Feb 2011, 8:46 pm

After running the poll for the last 24 hours, I have decided to put an end to the vote, as the results don't seem to have changed much in the last few hours.

Hopefully, you will all welcome your new boxing board moderators:

Human Windmill
and
Azania

Please remember that they are still ordinary members of the board - they will only get involved when necessary. They will lock/merge duplicate threads and deal with comments that are either:

Libellous
Sexist
Racist
Overly Offensive
Wumming

Any members who are constant pests can be referred to the moderation team at any time and if you feel that any of the boxing moderators are over stepping the mark, please report it on the "alert a moderator" thread on the top of the homepage.

Good luck to the new boxing dream team - Oxring, Human Windmill and Azania thumbsup

Last edited by Hobo on Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Moderator Vote Results Empty Re: Moderator Vote Results

Post by Guest Fri 25 Feb 2011, 8:57 pm

congratulations Human Windmill & Azania.
Im sure you will both do a great job
thumbsup

Last edited by Y I Man on Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:03 pm

Yeah congratulations to the both you guys thumbsup
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:07 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:21 pm

Many thanks, fellas.

For my part, I can say that I was a little reticent when Hobo first broached the subject, though I understood that he needed several candidates to spread the net as wide as possible and thus have a chance of getting a representative vote.

Nonetheless, I shall do my utmost to do my best for all of us so that we can continue to enjoy a very fine forum.

D4, I haven't really had an opportunity to say ' Hi ' to you thus far, so let me say it now, and let me also say that it's good to have the opportunity to chew the fat with you again. Always enjoyed our light hearted tail yanking.

Thanks again.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:47 pm

Congrats Windy

At least we've got one decent moderator

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:56 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat 26 Feb 2011, 12:43 am

imperialghosty wrote:Congrats Windy

At least we've got one decent moderator

!!!! Sad

You're breaking me ghosty, honestly.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 26 Feb 2011, 8:58 am

D4thincarnation wrote: HumanWindmill

Hi again, funny how things work out Smile

Gratz on the Mod role, guess you will be calling rank now when our jousting goes overboard Wink

Thanks, D4.

I wouldn't dream of ' pulling rank, ' Smile and besides, your being the politest and most civil of contributors would mean that I'd have very little ammunition. I dare say that ox and azania will probably chuck me into the sin bin long before you find yourself in trouble.

Thanks, also, to Ghosty. ( I see your friendly rivalry with ox is still alive and kicking. )

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 26 Feb 2011, 10:15 am

Think the end is nigh for me now, can no longer put up with the constant rubbish any more. Best bit of all is the other new mod is fond of recycling his own insistence that Pacquiao is a drugs cheat.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 26 Feb 2011, 10:27 am

imperialghosty wrote:Think the end is nigh for me now, can no longer put up with the constant rubbish any more. Best bit of all is the other new mod is fond of recycling his own insistence that Pacquiao is a drugs cheat.

Can only speak for myself, Ghosty, but it would be a shame to lose your contributions.

Your interest in, and knowledge of, the history of the sport brings balance and variety, and I'm certain that I'm not the only one who enjoys your input.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 Feb 2011, 11:33 am

imperialghosty wrote:Think the end is nigh for me now, can no longer put up with the constant rubbish any more. Best bit of all is the other new mod is fond of recycling his own insistence that Pacquiao is a drugs cheat.

It would be a shame to lose you, but you shouldn't allow my opinion on Pac make you leave.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 26 Feb 2011, 11:54 am

Cheers for the compliment Windy, can only envisage things getting worse

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:08 pm

All i can say is thank god D4 wasn't "voted" in. Putting himself up for moderator smacks of ignorance due to how he seems to forget the barrage of abuse he took on the old 606 about his obsessed repetitive drivel.

Best of lucky to Windy and Azzie though, i promise not to behave so it makes it interesting!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sun 27 Feb 2011, 10:37 pm

Coxy

I would rather have D4 as a mod then you, at least D4 isn't against freedom of speech and lets everyone have a opinion unlike you who calls people who disagree with you a "idiot" "muppet" and loads of other abusive things. At least on this site you can't go running to the mods to save you. The mods on here are fair and unbiased. You can learn from D4 and show some respect for once. Sorry for going off topic but im sticking up for D4.

Congratulations Human Windmill and azania im sure you will do a great job as mods and enlighten us with your boxing knowledge. If you need any help let me know

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 28 Feb 2011, 8:54 am

coxy0001 wrote:Best of lucky to Windy and Azzie though, i promise not to behave so it makes it interesting!

Thanks very much, coxy.

I guess that with your recent ' ticker ' scare you MUST keep the excitement level down a wee bit. Smile and on a serious note I hope all's well with your health issues.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:16 am

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend wrote:Congratulations Human Windmill and azania im sure you will do a great job as mods and enlighten us with your boxing knowledge. If you need any help let me know

Thanks very much, SJB.

I shall certainly do my best for everybody and I'm sure I can speak for azania in this regard, also. I'm sure that we WILL require yours and everybody else's help from time to time. The administrators have set up a very impressive forum here, and one of the biggest advantages which it has in comparison to the BBC board, ( in my opinion, anyway, ) is that we can regulate ourselves, rather than be subject to the random and reactive moderation employed by the Beeb, which was inconsistent and inefficient. Heaven knows that I blew my stack a few times with the quarterwits who invaded us from other forums for no other reason than to cause mischief, and that is something with which we clearly will not be plagued here at 606v2.

I'm sure I'm not betraying any confidences by saying that I was reluctant to have my name included in the original batch of candidates, since politics isn't really my ' thing.' However, the administrators wanted a large field of candidates and I understand their reasoning, just as I CERTAINLY subscribe to the view that we are better off with mild and interactive moderation than we would be with the Beeb alternative. Under those circumstances I am happy to take on the role and all I would ask, as one who has, by his own admission, been guilty from time to time of having let his passion get the better of him, is that we all remember that 606v2 can give us the best of the old 606 without the nonsense which sometimes spoiled it.

oxring has already done an excellent job here at the boxing forum, and I intend to learn from him and also consult the administrators from time to time. My view would probably be that the best moderation is that which is invisible and unobtrusive, and it is this ideal for which I shall strive.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:22 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend wrote:Congratulations Human Windmill and azania im sure you will do a great job as mods and enlighten us with your boxing knowledge. If you need any help let me know

Thanks very much, SJB.

I shall certainly do my best for everybody and I'm sure I can speak for azania in this regard, also. I'm sure that we WILL require yours and everybody else's help from time to time. The administrators have set up a very impressive forum here, and one of the biggest advantages which it has in comparison to the BBC board, ( in my opinion, anyway, ) is that we can regulate ourselves, rather than be subject to the random and reactive moderation employed by the Beeb, which was inconsistent and inefficient. Heaven knows that I blew my stack a few times with the quarterwits who invaded us from other forums for no other reason than to cause mischief, and that is something with which we clearly will not be plagued here at 606v2.

I'm sure I'm not betraying any confidences by saying that I was reluctant to have my name included in the original batch of candidates, since politics isn't really my ' thing.' However, the administrators wanted a large field of candidates and I understand their reasoning, just as I CERTAINLY subscribe to the view that we are better off with mild and interactive moderation than we would be with the Beeb alternative. Under those circumstances I am happy to take on the role and all I would ask, as one who has, by his own admission, been guilty from time to time of having let his passion get the better of him, is that we all remember that 606v2 can give us the best of the old 606 without the nonsense which sometimes spoiled it.

oxring has already done an excellent job here at the boxing forum, and I intend to learn from him and also consult the administrators from time to time. My view would probably be that the best moderation is that which is invisible and unobtrusive, and it is this ideal for which I shall strive.
I've seen candidates accept the presidency with less rigmarole thumbsup

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:24 am

Sorry I'm a bit late, just thought I'd add my congratulations and best wishes to Windy and Azania. I don't envy you, I quickly threw water on the fire when my name was mentioned as modding any forum is a difficult task, so hats off to you. The forum is in very good hands, I reckon.

Cheers.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:25 am

Scottrf wrote:I've seen candidates accept the presidency with less rigmarole thumbsup

Ha !

You do have a point, Scott. Then again, why use two words when three hundred will do ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:26 am

88Chris05 wrote:Sorry I'm a bit late, just thought I'd add my congratulations and best wishes to Windy and Azania.

Thanks very much, Chris.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:34 am

Guys - the admin team are leaving it up to you guys to run the saloon now.

You have obviously been given guidelines as to what constitutes acceptable behaviour etc but we wont be hovering over you. So although there is a line in the sand, how close you allow people to get to it is up to you.

If anyone feels that they have an issue with a mod, then please let us know and we will review.

Other than that, I feel that you are in very capable hands.

I will still pop in to chat as I genuinely do love boxing, but I will just popping in as a poster,, not as an admin. Expect to see an MMA post very soon Wink

Good luck guys - Windy - just about to drop you a pm.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:54 am

Shantel

Not quite sure how you think i'm against freedom of speech, maybe you shouldn't go round accusing posters of being a kiddie fiddler then you probably wouldn't have been banned. How many times was it? 3 bans inside 2 weeks?

Yeah, your opinion and views are rendered pretty much null and void when you try to take the moral high ground over me.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:13 am

Coxy

You are against freedom of speech you don't let anyone have a opinion which is why people got sick off you and voted you off. Well done you went crying to the mods when you couldn't take the abuse coming right back at you. When I first joined 606 you kept commenting on my articles and following me about on 606 like you did with D4. Yeah I do hold moral high ground over you. My opinions and views are much better then yours. You seem to have a high opinion of yourself a shame most posters don't seem to think so as proven that you were voted off 606.

I would happily continue arguing with you elsewhere but this is Human Windill and Azania thread so we should not spoil it.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:16 am

By all means Shantel feel free to think your opinions and views are worth more than those of mine. I'm not the one who pretended to be FMJ, how many useful articles have you had?

And yes, moving on as to be honest you're a bit deluded if you think you're of any worth to anyone based on your past history. "Poochiao take the test" is one of many highly informative and well written articles you've given us.

Off to talk boxing, will be safe from you on boxing articles.

Laters "Floyd"

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:19 am

Thanks to you all. For me the less time I spend modding the better. Truth be said, I believe people are adult enough to abide by the set rules without the need for mods. So the less I do the better for me.

peace out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:32 pm

Please remember that they are still ordinary members of the board - they will only get involved when necessary. They will lock/merge duplicate threads and deal with comments that are either:

Libellous
Sexist
Racist
Overly Offensive
Wumming
-------------------------
Sounds fair enough. Presumably birds, irishmen and woofties are still banned though?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Public_Enemy_No.2 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:58 pm

Congrats Windy! I was never much of a contributor on the old 606 but enjoyed reading all of your contributions, great to see you're on here so that uiniformed observers such as myself can continue to enjoy your wealth of knowledge! Think I might start throwing my tuppence worth into a few threads now as the moderation seems to be more sensible, looking forward to being shot down a few times...

Public_Enemy_No.2

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:07 pm

Public_Enemy_No.2 wrote:Congrats Windy! I was never much of a contributor on the old 606 but enjoyed reading all of your contributions, great to see you're on here so that uiniformed observers such as myself can continue to enjoy your wealth of knowledge! Think I might start throwing my tuppence worth into a few threads now as the moderation seems to be more sensible, looking forward to being shot down a few times...

Thanks very much. Public_Enemy, and let me say that it's great to see that you've moved over. Very much look forward to your input. I don't think there's too much of the ' shooting down ' stuff here. I haven't seen any ' oneupmanship ' so far, anyway. All very civilized, thank Heavens.

Likewise pleased to see you've joined also, Sean, though your inverted username is going to take a bit of getting used to. Looking forward to your input, also, not the least of which would be the dry one liners which you used to liberally sprinkle at the old forum.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:15 pm

Admins - How do you feel about allowing pictures on a specifically marked thread - so no chance of someone stumbling across them by accident and spoiling the incognito browsing? Thinking of perhaps a picture quiz in the future.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:20 pm

Scottrf wrote:Admins - How do you feel about allowing pictures on a specifically marked thread - so no chance of someone stumbling across them by accident and spoiling the incognito browsing? Thinking of perhaps a picture quiz in the future.

We have been asked for something similar for the golf people, leave it with us and we'll get back to you!

Cheers,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Feb 2011, 7:18 pm

just joined from 606, glad to see some old faces and glad windy got the role over D4!!! would imagine he will be pretty fair. also well done azainia

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down