The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers.

+19
Lumbering_Jack
AlexHuckerby
6oldenbhoy
paul12342
Seanusarrilius
GerardMcL
thecornerstool
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Adam D
Union Cane
Rowley
Michaels, Sean
Dass
two_tone
BALTIMORA
Daz
Fists of Fury
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers. - Page 3 Empty BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers.

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlh2Vs_JVgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCADyWAJeM

Thought it deserved a thread of its own. Looks pretty impressive.

30th Sept

The Commonwealth Super-Featherweight Title
Liam Walsh vs Paul Appleby
Programme starts @ 7pm

01ST Oct

WBA/IBF CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE
Steve Cunningham vs Pablo Hernandez
Programme starts @ 7pm

05th Oct

World Amateur Boxing Championships - Quarter Finals
Live from Baku Programme starts @ 12.00 - 14.30
then 15.30 - 18.00(UK time)

07th Oct

Amateur Boxing
UK Military vs US Military
Programme starts @ 7pm

World Amateur Boxing Championships - semi finals
Live from Baku
Programme starts @ 11.30 - 14.00
then 15.30 - 18.00(UK time)

08th Oct

World Amateur Boxing Championships - Finals
Live from Baku
Programme starts @ 10.00 - 14.00

15th Oct

The WBO World Light-Heavyweight Title
Nathan Cleverly vs Tony Bellew
The European Super-Middleweight Title
Piotr Wilczeski vs James DeGale
Programme starts @ 7pm

The WBC World Light-Heavyweight Title
Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson

LIVE FROM STAPLES CENTRE, LA
Programme starts @ 7pm

21st Oct

The British Cruiserweight Championship
Robert Norton vs TBA
Programme starts @ 7pm

22nd Oct

WBO/WBC Cruiserweight Title
Marco Huck vs Krystof Wlodarczyk

LIVE - SAUERLAND GERMANY
Programme starts @ 7pm

28th Oct

British Welterweight Title
Frankie Gavin vs Lee Purdy

Programme starts @ 7pm

05th Nov

The WBO Interium World Lightweight Title
Ricky Burns vs Michael Katsidis
The WBO Intercontinental Lightweight Title
Kevin Mitchell vs TBA
The British & Commonwealth Super-Middleweight Title
George Groves vs TBA
The Vacant English Super-Bantamweight Title
Ryan Walsh vs Liam Richards

Programme starts @ 7pm

Mikel Kessler vs Robert Stieglitz

LIVE - SAUERLAND GERMANY
Programme starts @ 7pm

18th Nov

British & Commonwealth Featherweight Title
Lee Selby vsJohn Simpson

Programme starts @ 7pm https://www.youtube.com/v/Mlh2Vs_JVgc

Last edited by Scottrf on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers. - Page 3 Empty Re: BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers.

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:21 pm

rowley wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Sky sports is something like an extra £10 on your subscription.

ESPN is £10

Premier sports is £6

Primetime £15 every 3 months or so for a PPV.

Now Boxnation an extra £10!

My maths ain't great but I work that out as about £40 a month including the PPV. I'm sticing to downloading and streaming from now on. I'm keeping Sky Sports for the football and snooker mind you.

Appreciate waht you're saying Kev but some of us have wifes who we live with who like such things as films and America's next top model and CSI Grimsby or whereever it is now and so would actually like to have some channels on our sky packages which show these things. Telling the wife she has to dump every channel she watches because some fish eyed toe rag has made his own channel is not the easiest conversation, even with a wife as understanding as the sainted Mrs Rowley.

My girlfriend told me a couldn't order this channel. I then reminded her of the hierarchy within our house and that she certainly does not have any say in the matter. Once we had cleared that up she was able to carry on cooking my tea, which is just as well, as I was very hungry and annoyed from watching her makes loads of noise when doing all the cleaning.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers. - Page 3 Empty Re: BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers.

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:27 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:My girlfriend told me a couldn't order this channel. I then reminded her of the hierarchy within our house and that she certainly does not have any say in the matter. Once we had cleared that up she was able to carry on cooking my tea, which is just as well, as I was very hungry and annoyed from watching her makes loads of noise when doing all the cleaning.
thumbsup

Some people on here need to man up.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:31 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:My girlfriend told me a couldn't order this channel. I then reminded her of the hierarchy within our house and that she certainly does not have any say in the matter. Once we had cleared that up she was able to carry on cooking my tea, which is just as well, as I was very hungry and annoyed from watching her makes loads of noise when doing all the cleaning.
thumbsup

Some people on here need to man up.

Exactly Scott. In time your possession (girlfriend/wife) will realise what you come to expect of them. Mine is nearly there, just takes lots of training to get to that point.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:36 pm

Just like a dog, if you let it off the leash, it will take advantage and keep pushing barriers.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:43 pm

Scottrf wrote:Just like a dog, if you let it off the leash, it will take advantage and keep pushing barriers.

Ah but you see, if they are trained properly they will already know the limits of what they are allowed to do by their owner.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:18 pm

I'm not sure if it's good or bad news to be honest, if Boxnation can bring us fights from overseas, agbeko v mares, donaire etc.. Fighters we wouldn't normally see plus your big hbo nights than I believe it will represent fantastic value, and something as a fan we would be obliged to pay.

Sky have been a pivotal platform of boxing over the years, but let's be honest the coverage over the last 3/4 years has been poor, the big fights have went missing, the like of Mayweather, Pacquiao should never be shown on another channel, the amount of subscription Sky get, Mayweathers latest fight being shown on Primetime suggests Sky have hardly any interest in boxing anymore.

The prizefighter series have become gruesome tv, an insult to boxing in my opinion and sky really don't have any intention of showing u.s fights not including Brits, like I mentioned earlier I'd happily drop sky like a sack of spuds, I only pay for the boxing and that's so sporadic it's not worth it.

I hope box nation secure some big fights like Setanta did and I wouldn't have a problem paying them.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:30 pm

I stream everything except Haye/Khan etc where I go to the sports pub around the corner from where live.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

I will be dropping Sky Sports if they are dumping boxing, that will cover BoxNations price. They have nobody left to compete, unless they invest in boxing from America but looks like De La Hoya definately wouldn't be part of that.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:37 am

Richard Keys to present on Saturday.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

Scottrf wrote:Richard Keys to present on Saturday.

Will he shave his hands now he's back on TV?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 26 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

Thought it would be the last we would have to see of the rat faced little s**t, ah well least no more Andy Gray, every cloud...

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 26 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

two_tone wrote:Thought it would be the last we would have to see of the rat faced little s**t, ah well least no more Andy Gray, every cloud...

If you've listened to them, they know Poopie all about boxing.

Still a fan of the new channel though
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 26 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

About as much as they knew about football as well then!

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 26 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

setanta fell on its ar$e and that was the same price but with boxing (including world level fights such as paco v JMM 2 and marg v cotto), football, rugby and ufc if i rememeber correctly. dont see how boxnation is going to be able to beat that.

i just dont beleive there is a big enough hardcore element of boxing fans who are willing to pay frank warren of all people a tenner a month. will pull in the casual boxing fan every now again with fights like clev v bellew but they will soon drop it again once thats done with.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:33 pm

compelling and rich wrote:setanta fell on its ar$e and that was the same price but with boxing (including world level fights such as paco v JMM 2 and marg v cotto), football, rugby and ufc if i rememeber correctly. dont see how boxnation is going to be able to beat that.

i just dont beleive there is a big enough hardcore element of boxing fans who are willing to pay frank warren of all people a tenner a month. will pull in the casual boxing fan every now again with fights like clev v bellew but they will soon drop it again once thats done with.

If the 3 free months is a success I reckon people will go for it
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

compelling and rich wrote:setanta fell on its ar$e and that was the same price but with boxing (including world level fights such as paco v JMM 2 and marg v cotto), football, rugby and ufc if i rememeber correctly. dont see how boxnation is going to be able to beat that.

But the reason Setanta in the UK went to the wall was due to the outrageous sums it was paying for football. They agreed to pay the SPL silly money for the broadcasting rights, as well as picking up Premiership matches when they couldn't afford to. As Boxnation is a boxing and MMA channel the running costs will be far less. I'm assuming most of these shows will be Warren cards, so again less expenditure.

I have no idea how much a it costs to broadcast a Golden Boy show for example, but seeing as they're in the very early hours (GMT-wise) I assume they couldn't be that much. I'll watch it to see the quality of the broadcasting, punditry etc to see if its worth investing in. As much I would not want to give Warren a penny never mind £10, its not that much for a months boxing viewing.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:41 am

I got a bit excited when Warren was interviewed by Richard Keys and Andy Gray, he was going on about a huge announcement Monday that was going to shock the world. What was the announcement, Richard Flip Keys, what a soloist. I suppose i shouldn't be so gullible.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 28 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

i cant stand Richard Keys or Andy Gray.

If you ever listen to their talksport show its a smug love in where they show their complete ignorance of every sport other than football. They obviously are fed facts about the other sports to appear knowledgable but still manage to come other smug and clueless.

The other morning when talking about the RUGBY world cup game between England and Argentina they mentioned the tensions due to 'the hand of God' incident!

Keys will add nothing to the channel other than unsightly body hair.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 28 Sep 2011, 5:29 pm

Tend to agree Adam, there is nothing worse than seeing someone with either a casual interest or sod all knowledge of the sport hosting a show, remember when John Inverdale did a few on the BBC, he was terrible, would have to guess Keys would be equally as useless. Can only hope there is a female ref or judge, the buffoon should be sacked as soon as that happens.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3