The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers.

+19
Lumbering_Jack
AlexHuckerby
6oldenbhoy
paul12342
Seanusarrilius
GerardMcL
thecornerstool
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Adam D
Union Cane
Rowley
Michaels, Sean
Dass
two_tone
BALTIMORA
Daz
Fists of Fury
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers. - Page 2 Empty BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers.

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 12:45

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlh2Vs_JVgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCADyWAJeM

Thought it deserved a thread of its own. Looks pretty impressive.

30th Sept

The Commonwealth Super-Featherweight Title
Liam Walsh vs Paul Appleby
Programme starts @ 7pm

01ST Oct

WBA/IBF CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE
Steve Cunningham vs Pablo Hernandez
Programme starts @ 7pm

05th Oct

World Amateur Boxing Championships - Quarter Finals
Live from Baku Programme starts @ 12.00 - 14.30
then 15.30 - 18.00(UK time)

07th Oct

Amateur Boxing
UK Military vs US Military
Programme starts @ 7pm

World Amateur Boxing Championships - semi finals
Live from Baku
Programme starts @ 11.30 - 14.00
then 15.30 - 18.00(UK time)

08th Oct

World Amateur Boxing Championships - Finals
Live from Baku
Programme starts @ 10.00 - 14.00

15th Oct

The WBO World Light-Heavyweight Title
Nathan Cleverly vs Tony Bellew
The European Super-Middleweight Title
Piotr Wilczeski vs James DeGale
Programme starts @ 7pm

The WBC World Light-Heavyweight Title
Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson

LIVE FROM STAPLES CENTRE, LA
Programme starts @ 7pm

21st Oct

The British Cruiserweight Championship
Robert Norton vs TBA
Programme starts @ 7pm

22nd Oct

WBO/WBC Cruiserweight Title
Marco Huck vs Krystof Wlodarczyk

LIVE - SAUERLAND GERMANY
Programme starts @ 7pm

28th Oct

British Welterweight Title
Frankie Gavin vs Lee Purdy

Programme starts @ 7pm

05th Nov

The WBO Interium World Lightweight Title
Ricky Burns vs Michael Katsidis
The WBO Intercontinental Lightweight Title
Kevin Mitchell vs TBA
The British & Commonwealth Super-Middleweight Title
George Groves vs TBA
The Vacant English Super-Bantamweight Title
Ryan Walsh vs Liam Richards

Programme starts @ 7pm

Mikel Kessler vs Robert Stieglitz

LIVE - SAUERLAND GERMANY
Programme starts @ 7pm

18th Nov

British & Commonwealth Featherweight Title
Lee Selby vsJohn Simpson

Programme starts @ 7pm https://www.youtube.com/v/Mlh2Vs_JVgc

Last edited by Scottrf on Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 11:37; edited 2 times in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers. - Page 2 Empty Re: BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers.

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:01

Michaels, Sean wrote:
rowley wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:I'm dreading going home and telling the Mrs that we need to up the Sky Bill by another £10 a month shortly.

Sent out an exploratory probe last night Daz, think to describe it as even a partial success would be to over sell it by quite a margin.

Rowley, i thought you only sent out exploratory probes on special occasions?

Mind like a sewer Sean, but trust me after telling the sainted Mrs Rowley about the extra tenner a month last night it will be quite some time until I do get to send out an exploratory probe.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers. - Page 2 Empty Re: BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers.

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:01

You never know, if this goes t*ts up for Frank then Matchroom could really benefit from it.

Sky are the ones who can propell a fighter to the masses. BoxNation won't.

With Sky Sports News being watched by millions, Frank's stable will unfortunately not get the attention of Matchroom, Frank Maloneys fighters.

Tho I think this may have something to do with Sky if I'm being honest. I don't think Warren is THAT stupid. Sky could maybe still be getting a cut by advertising BoxNation fights or something, I dunno.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:03

Can someone put 'the sainted Mrs Rowley' on the swear filter, it's getting a bit much.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:04

Scottrf wrote:Can someone put 'the sainted Mrs Rowley' on the swear filter, it's getting a bit much.

If L*l goes you can have my word it will never darken these boards again.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by thecornerstool Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:04

I cant help think that this is bad for everyone involved. Warrens fighters are going to lose exposure and may alienate their fans who are used to seeing them fight on sky sports and arent willing to up their subscriptions (current climate and all that). It is also going to bring down the amount of people watching the sport which dropped massively anyway when most went to sky sports.

The only winner I can see here is Mr Warren (and possibly Hearn in the long run) who will be taking a nice slice of the subscriptions. Will his boxers get a healthy slice of it............I guess we'll see how it all develops.

I agree with what has already been posted that more needs to be on terrestrial or at least sky sports 1,2 and 3 in order to keep people interested in the latest fighters.

thecornerstool

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:05

rowley wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:I'm dreading going home and telling the Mrs that we need to up the Sky Bill by another £10 a month shortly.

Sent out an exploratory probe last night Daz, think to describe it as even a partial success would be to over sell it by quite a margin.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the Rowley household for that one!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:06

If this includes archive fights which he holds the rights to, it might be decent value.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:07

rowley wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:
rowley wrote:

Rowley, i thought you only sent out exploratory probes on special occasions?

Mind like a sewer Sean, but trust me after telling the sainted Mrs Rowley about the extra tenner a month last night it will be quite some time until I do get to send out an exploratory probe.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:09

rowley wrote:Mind like a sewer Sean, but trust me after telling the sainted Mrs Rowley about the extra tenner a month last night it will be quite some time until I do get to send out an exploratory probe.
Post of the week (on the main boxing forum).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GerardMcL Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:15

This is a free licence for Warren to make mismatch after mismatch and tomato can his fighters to meaningless world titles.

Is this shower then going to demand extra PPV money for 'big' fights? Maybe Khan v Fagan 2!!!
Sky try to start a new regime demanding first class fights, well matched bouts and no lengthy contracts to allow promoters to axct the maggot and Warren the git just sticks it to the fans again.
Respect for Buncy is dropping too for going along with this cr@p

GerardMcL

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:19

Buncey has to earn a living you can't blame him for taking the work.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:20

Gerard the only thing I would say in response to that is this is the first time Warren has a vested interest in how many subscribers join and so he surely will realise the likelihood of people signing up is increased by the quality of the match ups and cards shown.

If he does make Khan Fagin 2 I would have no problem not having the channel, if he made Khan Mayweather I would be gutted were I not signed up.

And before the pedantry police jump I know Khan is no longer with Warren was but an example.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

BoxNation Schedule & Press Conference (First post). Richard Keys Announced as Presenter - Clever move, should get in the papers. - Page 2 Empty Warren confirms new boxing channel on sky 10 pound a month

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:27

So its going to be free for first few months then subscription of tenner a month, no ppv.

Long read but what you guys think

Looks like there going to try and dedicate the channel to our beloved sport, but does boxing have the fans willingt o pay a tenner a month just for boxing?

http://www.boxingscene.com/boxnation-full-details-warren-part-uk-blockbuster--44071

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by GerardMcL Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:28

£10 for Warren mismatches - Nope

GerardMcL

Back to top Go down

Post by GerardMcL Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:32

what happens when boxing season slows down over July, August and September - £10 a month for reruns?

GerardMcL

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:33

No way I'm paying it. It isn't even like he has any world class fighters, or massively exciting ones, for that matter.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:33

And in further news, Gary Glitter has just handed his broken PC in for repair.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:35

i hear you gerald, givent hat they know that they should use those moneths as free to air and to rope in new fans. This is just setanta again isn't it?? To be honest the ppv here are $50 and the last one with floyd was $60 and $70 for HD, in Britain its cheap in comparison, so why dont htey just have it all on sky sports and run decent ppv events whihc we will buy? I like a dedicated boxing channel as a concept but we got to think about new fans too.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:35

Fists of Fury wrote:No way I'm paying it. It isn't even like he has any world class fighters, or massively exciting ones, for that matter.
It wont be all his fighters.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:38

Is this £10 per month but only between 6pm and midnight? So...£10 per 1/4 month effectively. Fish-eyes can shove it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:43

BALTIMORA wrote:Is this £10 per month but only between 6pm and midnight? So...£10 per 1/4 month effectively. Fish-eyes can shove it.
Which other channel has 6 hours of boxing a day?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:45

Unless you live alone, I can't see you getting access to the friggin' tv between 6pm and midnight anyway!

It might work if they included a number of interviews with a wide variety of fighters from around the globe. A sort of, "Where are they now?" look back at some of the guys from yesteryear (however, for Windy would be yet more interviews with "these modern guys")

They could even stick on a few documentaries (but hopefully none of the same sh*t we've seen before though...Ali won in Zaire...Tyson wasn't nice...we get it!)

Throw in a few programs that deal with the technical aspects of the sport, a few behind the scenes looks at promotors, judges, trainers etc and there's the making of a half decent channel. Sadly, as Warren is involved, it will undoubtedly be a massive bag of toss and not the beautiful thing I've proposed for you all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:47

Dave even if it all those things and more it still doesn't get round the fact it is still another £10 on the already hefty sky bill every sodding month.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:48

DAVE667 wrote:Unless you live alone, I can't see you getting access to the friggin' tv between 6pm and midnight anyway!

It might work if they included a number of interviews with a wide variety of fighters from around the globe. A sort of, "Where are they now?" look back at some of the guys from yesteryear (however, for Windy would be yet more interviews with "these modern guys")

They could even stick on a few documentaries (but hopefully none of the same sh*t we've seen before though...Ali won in Zaire...Tyson wasn't nice...we get it!)

Throw in a few programs that deal with the technical aspects of the sport, a few behind the scenes looks at promotors, judges, trainers etc and there's the making of a half decent channel. Sadly, as Warren is involved, it will undoubtedly be a massive bag of toss and not the beautiful thing I've proposed for you all.
It has archive fights with Leonard, Tyson, Ali, he has rights to pretty much every 80's/90's British bout.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:49

Thing is if you want to watch reruns you can watch most classics on youtube

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:53

Scottrf wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Unless you live alone, I can't see you getting access to the friggin' tv between 6pm and midnight anyway!

It has archive fights with Leonard, Tyson, Ali, he has rights to pretty much every 80's/90's British bout.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:54

DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:55

For me the model doesnt work.

Its great having a channel in principal that shows all the domestic fights but when it comes to PPV, they just wont have the clout unless they break their own subscription model and charge.

From the subscription fee, they will keep the channel afloat and pay the fighters. To get to PPV fees for the fighters, they would have to put adverts in between rounds etc at the very least, as well as sign a mega load of people up ON TOP of the boxing hardcore who already subscribe.

And for this reason alone, the channel is unikely to ever show world class boxers - only interesting domestic match ups.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 14:59

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:For me the model doesnt work.

Its great having a channel in principal that shows all the domestic fights but when it comes to PPV, they just wont have the clout unless they break their own subscription model and charge.

From the subscription fee, they will keep the channel afloat and pay the fighters. To get to PPV fees for the fighters, they would have to put adverts in between rounds etc at the very least, as well as sign a mega load of people up ON TOP of the boxing hardcore who already subscribe.

And for this reason alone, the channel is unikely to ever show world class boxers - only interesting domestic match ups.

I'm after advice on how to earn a living out of boxing, should I:

a.) Take Hobo's advice?

b.) Take Fwanks advice?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 15:00

DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Wow, another 70 mins of watching those "Best of British" "KO Kings" dvds voiced by Des Lynham. Haven't we already seen the same clips of Benn, Eubank, Naz and Calzaghe a thousand times.

What about the under-rated, overlooked guys we talk about on here week in week out. I'm sure Rowley would love to see a documentary on the likes of Burley or Langford.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 15:07

Not at all Dave what I would much prefer to see is the Rumble in the Jungle again, ESPN Classic have got it just right.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 15:25

I hope he gets the girl from Top Rank as an interviewer, Inez Sainz.

Spoiler:

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 15:34

Fair enough, I'll keep my opinions to myself....like that's ever going to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 15:43

Personally I'm happy that the channel is picking up the World Amateur Championships, albeit missing out the early stages. Beats watching it online.

My main worry though is the quality of the cards. I think they will need to have two live shows a week for it to be worthy of the monthly fee. Although other promotions will feature, Warren will need to spread the talent in his stable awfully thin to cover this.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 15:45

Scottrf wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:Just had a quick browse. Fair to say no more work will be getting down this afternoon.
I hope you work from home! Best post in 606v2 history? https://www.606v2.com/t14280p100-606s-fittest-babes#501939

I don't unfortunately. Hence why I'm ahem leaving the office early to errrr do some research.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 15:46

<hotdog> <snowball> ?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 15:47

Avalanche!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 16:20

we need to boycott this in love of our sport if he barely gets any subscribers he will be forced to run back to sky. dont buy if you want it on sky! thats our slogan!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 17:18

i cant see how it can work most my mates are casual boxing fans who only watch the fights that they find that sky build up!

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 17:50

paul12342 wrote:i cant see how it can work most my mates are casual boxing fans who only watch the fights that they find that sky build up!

Exactly why Boxing will never grow. Such a shame.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 17:57

Dazstarr wrote:
paul12342 wrote:i cant see how it can work most my mates are casual boxing fans who only watch the fights that they find that sky build up!

Exactly why Boxing will never grow. Such a shame.

Boxing isn't a mainstream sport any more. To be fair the Premier league is that big most other sports are niche sports now. Warren must be giving Sky a kickback for exposure through Sky sports news. ESPN did a similar deal with Football.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 18:18

It once was though Kev. With things like BoxNation - it never will be again. Not even mainstream - but popular.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 18:44

It's been a long time since it was though mate. Unless people don't buy these PPV's and monthly subscriptions it will never change.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 18:45

Scottrf wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Is this £10 per month but only between 6pm and midnight? So...£10 per 1/4 month effectively. Fish-eyes can shove it.

For ten pounds a month other channels offer you more than 25% viewing time!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 18:56

prettyboykev wrote:It's been a long time since it was though mate. Unless people don't buy these PPV's and monthly subscriptions it will never change.

I agree with what you're saying but PPV and BoxNation subscriptions will never attract new people to the sport. I'm already gutted I never have anyone (in the real world) to talk with about boxing. This isnt going to help the cause. Sad

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 18:59

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Of relevant programmes, or repeats? I barely watch 6 hours TV a week, it's a nothing point to pick up on without seeing their schedule.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 19:00

Dazstarr wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:It's been a long time since it was though mate. Unless people don't buy these PPV's and monthly subscriptions it will never change.

I agree with what you're saying but PPV and BoxNation subscriptions will never attract new people to the sport. I'm already gutted I never have anyone (in the real world) to talk with about boxing. This isnt going to help the cause. Sad

None of my mates like watching boxing regularly most will watch the big fights but that's it. The Mrs likes a bit of boxing usually watches Fight night on Sky and will come to watch boxing with me live as well. My Dad and Grandad love boxing but they are both a pain in the @rse!

Before DeGale vs Groves I was talking about it and most of my mates never had a clue who they were.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 19:06

Scottrf wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Of relevant programmes, or repeats? I barely watch 6 hours TV a week, it's a nothing point to pick up on without seeing their schedule.

My point is that for £10 a month they're not offering a great deal of content. I wouldn't have a problem with repeats if they were offering quality content, documentaries and what-have-you. If they're offering low-level stuff and matches I can watch on YouTube, it's not worth it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 19:10

I think that with the fights on the schedule, a weekly magazine style show, and archive fights it could be a good deal. With the Golden Boy link up it seems they have, they may replace Primetime.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 19:14

I just don't think this is the solution to the problem. Boxing needs greater exposure, and having a niche subscription channel isn't going to address that problem.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next