The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger's New Caddie

+13
Gareth_NI
Davie
delToro87
pedro
super_realist
GWR-Golfer
JPX
Maverick
Shotrock
kwinigolfer
drive4show
SmithersJones
MustPuttBetter
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tiger's New Caddie - Page 2 Empty Tiger's New Caddie

Post by MustPuttBetter Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Watching the end of the Tour Championship and Butch Harmon has just announced on Sky that Dustin Johnson's caddy, Joe LaCava, is now going to be caddying for Tiger Woods.
New caddie needed for DJ.

I have to confess to knowing very little of Joe LaCava other than that he's not been with Dustin for long. I assume he's decent?!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Tiger's New Caddie - Page 2 Empty Re: Tiger's New Caddie

Post by GWR-Golfer Wed 28 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

ScottieD18 wrote:Sorry, not related to Tiger's new caddie, but a lot of the talk is about which player (Dustin or Tiger) will do better next year.

I'll open with 1 top 5 in Majors, 1 win and 3 top 5s in Non-Majors and getting back to 7th in the World Ranking.

Very much doubt it - he's a spent force.. crap swing, can't putt and he will no doubt have another knee problem. I predicted he would drop out of the top 50 be the end of the year (as he's 50 right now - that prediction will come true). I expect him to be about 75 by this time next year.

So not a fan Whistle
GWR-Golfer
GWR-Golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 28 Sep 2011, 6:43 pm

You have seen the last of Tiger only if you wish to turn off your TV next time he's competing in a tournament.

But I predict he'll be in the mix in major tournaments next year - grab a win or two and possibly hoist a major trophy.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by GWR-Golfer Wed 28 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

Shotrock - Unfortunately your right, we will see more of Tiger but only because the networks think they need to keep showing him. It will be at the expense of others playing good shots

Rolling Eyes
GWR-Golfer
GWR-Golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 28 Sep 2011, 6:50 pm

GWR - True - but the networks don't just think, they KNOW they need to keep showing him if they are to max their ratings.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 28 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

Shotrock,
Don't you think Tiger needs to make a statement that he's BAAAAAAACCCKKK some time?
Frankly, it feels as if there are very few events he much cares about nowadays, but I think the Chevron, Masters, possibly US Open (tho' not sure he'll fancy Olympic Club) are among the few that still get his adrenalin pumping, perhaps San Diego, Bay Hill and Bridgestone if things go well to start with.
Nothing really to suggest the other Majors really get him going these days unless they're at a favourite course. Not sure that Lytham or Kiawah will wind him up; and he'll miss out on Cog Hill next year plus, possibly, Congressional.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 28 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

Kwin - I don't the he needs to make a statement, but that's just me. Like every other pro, he's an IC and as long as they live up to their signed commitments (health permitting), they can be as vocal or silent as they wish IMO.

Like Nicklaus, TW has always been a fewer rather than greater tournament guy. I'm of the opinion the only tournaments that really get him "going" these days are majors.

It would be nice if he made a "statement" by stringing 4 good rounds together however!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 28 Sep 2011, 7:36 pm

Sr,
But with Tiger's game in its most recently seen state, that could be a recipe for disappointment.
I'd be very surprised if he can return anywhere close to his best until he rediscovers the passion for winning, whether its Bay Hill or Augusta. It was infectious for him, like feeding an addiction. Looking forward to 2012 I'd say only Augusta would in any way suit him, unless of course he regains that winning habit at smaller stops and he starts willing the ball into the hole once again.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

Shotrock wrote:GWR - True - but the networks don't just think, they KNOW they need to keep showing him if they are to max their ratings.

That might be true in the short run, but how much longer will so called "Woods" fans put up with him being ordinary before they find a new player on who to hang their glory hunting behavior on?

Such people are fickle and will quickly move on.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2