The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 - Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings

5 posters

Go down

Week 4 - Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings Empty Week 4 - Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings

Post by Gregers Tue 27 Sep - 12:05

Welcome to the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, home of the Deccan Chargers

Form

DC - LLW

CSK- WWW

Pitch Conditions: A spinners haven. The pitch will offer vicious turn throughout both innings with even the part time spinners finding plenty of assistance. Genuine quick bowlers will struggle with the medium pacers who can bowl cutters being far more effective.

-----

Please post tactics below:

-----

Chennai Super Kings

Vijay
Srikkanth
Hussey
Raina
Badrinath
Dhoni
Afridi
Ashwin
Rusty Theron
Saeed Ajmal
Mendis

Toss: Bat first

I have decided to go with Badrinath ahead of Jakati for two reasons. 1) Because he is a better batsman, and that may be needed on a viciously turning pitch. 2) Because I already have enough bowling options, with Raina able to provide back up if necessary. My openers are decent players of both seam and spin, and likewise the middle order of Hussey, Raina and Dhoni are all very accomplished players in turning conditions. Dhoni and Hussey in particular are capable of rescuing a game if early wickets were to fall. Afridi and Badrinath will provide the lower order hitting.

Theron plays ahead of Southee in this game to make use of his variations and cutters, whereas I feel Southee may sit up to be hit a bit here, so Rusty will open the bowling alongside Shahid Afridi. I feel that the pace with which Afridi bowls, and his flat action, will make it difficult for the batsmen to get underneath in the powerplay overs, especially when you factor in that he will probably get a fair bit of turn, too.

The middle overs will be rotated between Mendis, Saeed Ajmal and Ashwin, with Raina chipping in to help if any of those 4 are slightly off form. I feel that this spin combination should cause a lot of damage in those middle overs, and be very difficult to score off given the nature of the pitch. Hussey could always bowl some cutters if we were really struggling. Theron will keep 2 overs back for the death, as will Afridi, when he will bowl flat, fast and full to limit the runs scored off him. Rusty will keep mixing it up to hopefully draw false shots from the batsmen.

Overall, probably the best pitch I could have asked for, and this team should be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of playing on it.

-----

Deccan Chargers

Right my tactics are going up now, and although chennai are overwhelming favourties for this game i believe i have the right team and balance for this game with the toss being crucial..

Dave Hussey is hoping to build on his winning start as captain last week, by trying to pull off an upset again this week.

1)T.Dilshan
2)Monish Mishra
3)Manvinder Bisla (WK)
4)Chipli
5)Zander DeBryun
6)David Hussey (C)
7)Shrikant Wagh
8)Imran Tahir
9)Nayan Doshi
10)Sarfraz Ashraf
11)Wayne Parnell

Team news: Mishra, De Bryun, Doshi and parnell all make debuts in this game, the big name missing out is steyn, who isnt effective on this pitch.

Toss: Bat first, for either side toss is crucial no matter who is in your line up, as the pitch will just crumble.

Batting: Dilshan will look to take advantage of the powerplay overs because the best time to bat will be against the new ball, before the ball gets old and the pitch is slow and low. Mishra will look to bat, and bisla and chipli look to nudge the ball around. Zander de bryun can rebuild an innings if there is a collaspe, and hussey and wagh can hit out towards the end.

I have packed my team full of spin, i have 5 spin options, 1 quick and some bowlers that can bowl cutters.

Bowling: Wayne Parnell will open the bowling with Dilshan. Parnell will bowl 2 overs as will Dilshan who is very effective bowling in a powerplay. Once Parnell has bowled 2 tahir will come into the attack and bowl out. As will Doshi. Ashraf will come on after Tahir, and once doshi has bowled, either, Hussey/Wagh/DeBruyn will bowl two.Wagh and De bryun's cutters will be very handy on this pitch and hard to hit away.

Parnell, 1,3,18,20
Dilshan,2,4
Tahir,5,7,9,11
Doshi,6,8,10,12
Ashraf,13,15,17,19
D.Hussey/Wagh/Debryuyn.14,16

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings Empty Re: Week 4 - Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep - 12:40

Sad this is the pitch i didnt want, and its the pitch fists wanted..but i have players who will do well in this game

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings Empty Re: Week 4 - Match 2 - Deccan Chargers vs Chennai Super Kings

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep - 12:46

the player that i bought today maybe crucial, not just for his batting, but his cutters would be useful..

thats right

zander de bryun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Sep - 12:58

Ooh here we go. Full spin attack to the fore!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep - 13:01

think im gonna have to hand out some debuts in this game, tough to pick a side for this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Sep - 13:11

Probable line-up:

Vijay
Srikkanth
Hussey
Raina
Afridi
Dhoni
Jakati
Ashwin
Rusty Theron
Saeed Ajmal
Mendis

Likely to go with Theron over Southee due to his bowling style...less pace, better cutters. Other than that, full on spin attack with Ajmal even opening the bowling.

Last edited by Fists of Fury on Wed 28 Sep - 11:03; edited 1 time in total

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 27 Sep - 13:15

who's Jakati? Other than that excellent side, but maybe not packed with the best players of spin (Hussey aside)? Bowling attack looks formidable though, Theron an excellent option IMO.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Sep - 13:17

Jakati is a slow left armer, all-rounder, good player.

Raina and Dhoni are excellent players of spin, likewise Vijay and Badrinath are handy enough.

Afridi will look to slog them out of the park, no doubt.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep - 13:39

time for tahir to step up, with his variations.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 27 Sep - 13:45

Unlkie others,I dont think this pitch necessarily suits Fists.Chennai are a better side than Deccan and should beat them comfortably on a normal playing surface.But when you are up on a vicious turner then the toss cbecomes absolutely crucial as anything over 100 is defendable as shown yesterday in the CL where Mumbai chased 99 for the loss of 9 wickets of the last ball and also of course in the secod T20 between England and West Indies on Sunday.

Chennai the better side but Toss could well be the boss over here.Still fancy Chennai though but its a lot more even.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Sep - 13:51

If this pitch doesn't suit Afridi Ajmal Mendis Ashwin et al then I don't know what will. It is the pitch that Chennai are at their most effective playing on.

Having said that, still relying on my better players of spin e.g Hussey Raina Dhoni to bag me some runs.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 27 Sep - 14:05

Fists of Fury wrote:If this pitch doesn't suit Afridi Ajmal Mendis Ashwin et al then I don't know what will. It is the pitch that Chennai are at their most effective playing on.

Having said that, still relying on my better players of spin e.g Hussey Raina Dhoni to bag me some runs.

Mate you are getting me wrong.It obviously suits your spinners but they would do well on most surfaces.But on this pitch even CF's lesser spinners(with due respect to Tahir) will come into their own.This is the surface which would make ordinary spinners look great(not talking about Tahir).So if he bats first then he has a chance with the pitch turning even more in the 2nd innings.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Sep - 14:21

The turn is the same in both innings, so toss isn't as important in this one, as far as I'm concerned.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 27 Sep - 14:23

Fists of Fury wrote:The turn is the same in both innings, so toss isn't as important in this one, as far as I'm concerned.

Fair point mate thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Sep - 14:41

Though if I bat first I will make sure I run on the pitch and scuff it all up even more devil

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep - 15:51

jason roy will have to play this game

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue 27 Sep - 15:58

I don't think this could of been a better pitch for Fists, unlucky CF
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep - 18:39

my team sheet will either be up tonight, or early tomorrow just waiting on a couple of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep - 19:24

just trying to decide if i should go with only 1 quick bowler in steyn, play zander debruyn who is an allrounder with wagh, and go with 3 spinners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 27 Sep - 19:28

TBH cf I don't see Woakes Mithun or Riaz doing much on this pitch, so I'd pack the side with spinners (and you have two really good ones in Doshi and Tahir) and hope for the best. Dilshan's spin could be useful on this too. Do you still have David Hussey?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep - 19:29

yh hussey is my new captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 27 Sep - 19:30

so Tahir Doshi and Steyn bowl four overs each, then you could easily get through eight overs of De Bruyn or Wagh's cutters and Dilshan and Hussey's off spinners IMO, or something like that. Don't waste a valuable overseas spot on Woakes or Riaz here...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep - 10:42

guys dont start writing my side off straight away, im coming up with an intresting side for this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep - 14:39

now trying to figure out different combinations

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 29 Sep - 15:25

I'll be posting my full team and tactics tonight.

Not expecting there to be any surprises in my lineup, only debate is whether to open the bowling with Ajmal or Afridi. Tempted by Afridi as he hurries the batsmen into their shots, which can be quite dangerous early on. Ajmal Mendis Ashwin could then use their accuracy, and in the case of Ajmal and Mendis, their outrageous skill, to do the business in the middle overs. Theron would then return to bowl his last 2 overs at the death, using the cutters and variations.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep - 17:14

whatever i try i just cant seem to get the right combinations together

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 29 Sep - 17:45

My tactics are up fellas.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep - 17:56

fists u mention, that badrinath will hit out towards the end, badrinath isnt a hitter when he plays for chennnai he comes in when they are in trouble and gets 1's and 2's..

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 29 Sep - 18:06

Cf
once set he can hit out.i recall him winning a matches for csk with some excellent hitting.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep - 18:44

will put my tactics up later on tonight or in the morning, cos going out for a curry in a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 29 Sep - 20:39

yeah Badrinath can play in both ways, in my opinion. If I needed him to tick the score along then he could, but as shanky says I have seen him play some very aggressive innings for Chennai in the past, and that's why I've given him that role.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep - 22:02

just got back in but im shattered,

tactics dont have to be in till midnight tomorrow, so will post them tomorrow Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep - 8:59

Right my tactics are going up now, and although chennai are overwhelming favourties for this game i believe i have the right team and balance for this game with the toss being crucial..

Dave Hussey is hoping to build on his winning start as captain last week, by trying to pull off an upset again this week.

1)T.Dilshan
2)Monish Mishra
3)Manvinder Bisla (WK)
4)Chipli
5)Zander DeBryun
6)David Hussey (C)
7)Shrikant Wagh
8)Imran Tahir
9)Nayan Doshi
10)Sarfraz Ashraf
11)Wayne Parnell

Team news: Mishra, De Bryun, Doshi and parnell all make debuts in this game, the big name missing out is steyn, who isnt effective on this pitch.

Toss: Bat first, for either side toss is crucial no matter who is in your line up, as the pitch will just crumble.

Batting: Dilshan will look to take advantage of the powerplay overs because the best time to bat will be against the new ball, before the ball gets old and the pitch is slow and low. Mishra will look to bat, and bisla and chipli look to nudge the ball around. Zander de bryun can rebuild an innings if there is a collaspe, and hussey and wagh can hit out towards the end.

I have packed my team full of spin, i have 5 spin options, 1 quick and some bowlers that can bowl cutters.

Bowling: Wayne Parnell will open the bowling with Dilshan. Parnell will bowl 2 overs as will Dilshan who is very effective bowling in a powerplay. Once Parnell has bowled 2 tahir will come into the attack and bowl out. As will Doshi. Ashraf will come on after Tahir, and once doshi has bowled, either, Hussey/Wagh/DeBruyn will bowl two.Wagh and De bryun's cutters will be very handy on this pitch and hard to hit away.

Parnell, 1,3,18,20
Dilshan,2,4
Tahir,5,7,9,11
Doshi,6,8,10,12
Ashraf,13,15,17,19
D.Hussey/Wagh/Debryuyn.14,16

i feel my side is good for this pitch

Last edited by cricketfan90 on Fri 30 Sep - 9:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 30 Sep - 9:04

Toss isn't really that important cf, there is vicious turn in both innings, and pitches don't crumble in the space of 40 overs really.

Good luck though, that's a decent side.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep - 9:07

i had to leave out steyn, sohal etc as steyn wouldnt have been effective, and now i have misrha, sohal isnt really needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 30 Sep - 15:59

How would Parnell be more effective than Steyn?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep - 16:00

because steyn is out and out quick and on this pitch it would just sit up, whereas parnell can bowl cutters and changes pace better than steyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 30 Sep - 16:54

cricketfan90 wrote:because steyn is out and out quick and on this pitch it would just sit up, whereas parnell can bowl cutters and changes pace better than steyn

thumbsup

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 1 Oct - 11:13

i should have kept dernbach, he would have been the most effective on this pitch lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct - 10:54

imran tahir would be devastatingly good on this pitch, especially now im batting first

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 2 Oct - 11:06

As would Afridi Ajmal and Mendis Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 2 Oct - 11:40

Afridi > Tahir
Ajmal > Tahir
Mendis > Tahir
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 2 Oct - 12:43

Agree with Liam

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 2 Oct - 12:53

Gregers wrote:Agree with Liam
thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 2 Oct - 12:53

Liam_Main wrote:Afridi > Tahir
Ajmal > Tahir
Mendis > Tahir
I agree mate but its fairly obvious isnt it?lol

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 2 Oct - 15:40

i probably should have played jonathon trott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Oct - 19:57

looks like im gonna have a huge defeat here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 4 Oct - 17:26

have to say im not suprised i lost at all, but i think people had made up their minds already, before tactics were up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down