The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab

4 posters

Go down

Week 5 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab Empty Week 5 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab

Post by Gregers Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

Welcome to the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, home of the Chennai Super Kings.

Form

CSK- WWWW

KXIP: DWLW

Pitch Conditions: A bowler friendly pitch where batting will be hard. The pitch has some grass on it so will seam around as well as some rougher patches which will help the spinners.

-----

Please post tactics below:

Last edited by Gregers on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab Empty Re: Week 5 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 07 Oct 2011, 4:56 pm

Chennai Super Kings

Toss: Bowl first - I think my bowling lineup is capable of making some early inroads, and the batsmen such as Hussey and Dhoni are well suited to chasing.

Vijay
Srikkanth
Mike Hussey
Raina
Dwayne Bravo
Afridi
Dhoni (c)(wk)
Southee
Ashwin
Joginder Sharma
Saeed Ajmal

I have gone with two all rounders in this match for two reasons, the first being that they add depth to the batting lineup, and the second being that the bowling of Bravo and Afridi should suit this pitch well. Bravo seaming it around, and Afridi making use of the rough patches.

Tim Southee returns to the lineup as he should prove pretty dangerous in these conditions with his additional pace and ability to seam the ball, and he also offers a big hitting lower order batting option. Likewise, Joginder Sharma makes an appearance in order to utilise his seamers in the opening overs and at the death.

Southee and Joginder Sharma will open the bowling with two overs apiece before Saeed Ajmal, Afridi, Bravo and R Ashwin rotate in the middle overs. I'd expect Afridi and Ajmal to bowl their full quota, whereas Bravo and Ashwin will either share two overs each, or one will get three overs judging by how well they are bowling.

Vijay and Srikkanth will open the innings with Vijay looking to play correctly. Mike Hussey will be the rock around which the innings is built if we were to lose early wickets as there is plenty of middle order hitting to support him, and Raina/Dhoni should provide suitable fireworks to match. Dwayne Bravo will be able to adapt to the type of batting required at that time, and Dhoni will be looking to play one of his 'see it through to the end' innings where he gets himself in before hitting out if Hussey were to fall early.

Last edited by Fists of Fury on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab Empty Re: Week 5 - Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:17 pm

Hussey's the key for me in this game. If we can get him early I think the rest could struggle on a bowler friendly pitch. I suspect my team will be pretty similar to last week's, though Karthik is out (due to having been transfered away), and Nehra will probably make his debut, in place of Yadav. Also, is Ajmal really going to bat above Ashwin? Whistle

Probable team:
Gambhir
Kieswetter
KP
Ganguly
Umar Akmal
Chitnis
RTD
Bresnan
Rahul Sharma
Nehra
Karthik

I actually think I could put up a decent fight here, as IMO my seamers are better, though CSK probably has the better spinners. Batting I think is pretty close.

Or am I being wildly optimistic, and am I to become just the latest victim of the CSK juggernaut as they move on inexorably towards the semis? I don't know, let's find out...

Tactics and definitive team up probably tomorrow, though it's about 95% certain that I'll play the team listed above...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:06 am

Ha in answer to you MFC no he isn't, that was a copy and paste from my spreadsheet. Ashwin obviously comes in after Southee as Ajmal is like me with the bat...a swiper and nothing else. Sharma bats at 10 as he has a decent average/strike rate for a bowler and Ajmal is my number 11 bunny.

I'll edit it in the morning after the beer has worn off pal.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:32 am

Punjab batting looks stronger.If Punjab bat first then they have a good chance.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:43 am

Can't say I agree with you there shanky, my middle order is nothing but world class players, and the openers are decent too.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:45 am

Toss isn't too important here I don't think. Seems that it'll seam and turn in both innings without any deterioration.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

i disagree with you shanky on this one, there is quality in the chennai batting line up all the way down, they easily have the best squad in the competion Sad

however fists, toss i find is important in near enough all games, the grass dosent stay on the pitch for the full 40 overs, ever in ipl, or indian cricket. It might on english pitches, but in india, it dosent, so i personally think toss is key in this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:02 am

Yeah I'm looking to bowl first to make use of any grass that may be on the wicket. If I have to bowl second though then my spinners should be able to do a good containing role.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:34 pm

Team:
Gambhir
Kieswetter
Pietersen
Ganguly
Umar Akmal
Chitnis
Ten Doeschate
Bresnan
Rahul Sharma
Nehra
Murali Karthik

Selection: the pitch offering some assistance to the seamers, new signing Nehra comes in to make his debut in place of off-spinner Yadav, while with Karthik (Dinesh) departing, his place is taken by exciting young talent Chitnis (SR of over 170 in T20!)

Toss - bat first. CSK, Hussey aside, don't have guys who are great at chasing down a score, and on a difficult pitch runs on the board will be important.

Batting: Gambhir will anchor the innings, with Kieswetter and KP playing around him. It's a fine batting line-up with plenty of international T20 stars. Batting to be flexible as ever, with Akmal and Ganguly capable of switching positions depending on the situation. Some late fireworks from Chitnis and/or RTD should see me to a good score. There's depth to the batting as well, with Bresnan in at n°8.

Bowling: Nehra and Bresnan to open up and take advantage of the new ball on a seaming pitch. Karthik will also bowl in the PP overs. RTD, Nehra and young leggie Sharma to share the middle-overs, with Bresnan and Karthik on duty at the death. My bowling attack has plenty of class, and great variety (one left-arm seamer, two right arm ones, one SLA, and one leggie). Ganguly or KP can fill in an over or two if needed, but on a helpful wicket I expect my five bowlers to do the job.

Overs:
Bresnan (1,3,18,20)
Nehra(2,4,6,12)
Karthil (5,7,9,19)
RTD(8,10,14,16)
Sharma (11,13,15,17)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:53 pm

Dhoni isn't good at chasing down a score? Ok then... Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:37 pm

dhoni's quality at chasing down scores, for example, the world cup final, where he promoted himself up the order and hit 80odd not out..

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

Yeah he's proven it time and time again, such a cool head under pressure, and seems to know how to pace an innings perfectly.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down