The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland team for England

+2
flyhalffactory
GLove39
6 posters

Go down

Scotland team for England  Empty Scotland team for England

Post by GLove39 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Andy Robinson announces his team for Scotland's crunch match against England.

15 Chris Paterson
14 Max Evans
13 Joe Ansbro
12 Sean Lamont
11 Simon Danielli
10 Ruaridh Jackson
9 Mike Blair VICE CAPTAIN

1 Allan Jacobsen
2 Ross Ford
3 Euan Murray
4 Richie Gray
5 Alastair Kellock CAPTAIN
6 Alasdair Strokosch
7 John Barclay
8 Richie Vernon

Substitutes
16 Scott Lawson
17 Alasdair Dickinson
18 Nathan Hines
19 Ross Rennie
20 Chris Cusiter
21 Dan Parks
22 Nick De Luca

A total of 7 changes from the Andy Pandy as his side seek the 8 point victory over the 'Auld Enemy'. (Kelly Brown's admission is down to concussion, a real blow for Scotland though as he's been one of our most consistent performers so far. )

Hoping Jackson has another strong performance, a few of those long range drop goals would be good on Saturday.

I'm sure a lot of people on here will be pleasantly surprised to see Sean Lamont starting at 12 in place of Graeme Morrison. This gives Scotland a more attacking minded centre combination, and I'm glad to see Joe Ansbro return. Here's hoping he can give the Scott's some insight into certain members of the England camp... It would be nice if the centres were able to string some passes together and give Evans and Danielli some quick ball.

At scrum-half I'm very surprised to see Blair starting, I thought Lawson had a pretty good game against Argentina, and by contrast like Dan Parks I wasn't impressed with Blair last weekend...

In the scrum Euan Murray owes the management and fans a big performance to reward their faith in him. His task may be made harder though as the second row lacks the level of oomph that it had against Georgia and Argentina. On the flip side though as well as being a mobile unit, Scotland will have vital leadership from Captain Kellock.
At the back of the scrum, the loss of Kelly Brown is a huge blow, here's hoping Vernon seizes this opportunity. I'd have preferred to see Rennie over Barclay as Barcaly's looked of the pace the last few games, and the breakdowns were a mess for us last weekend.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts on the changes? Is this the team that will be immortalised in Scottish folklore as the side that knocked England out of the World Cup..? Braveheart

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Scotland team for England  Empty Re: Scotland team for England

Post by flyhalffactory Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 am

This is a massive match for Jackson and whilst he has had two good games, I can see the logic in picking Mossy for the place kicks. However I am a disappointed man, that side is very much a halfway-house.......... not sure if is a structured defensive side with attacking options or an offensively minded side with a structured pack.

No starting slots for

15 Rory Lamont - pace and strength
7 Ross Rennie - we lost so much at the breakdown and in loose play against the Pumas
5 Nathan Hines - Brutal agression and strength in the scrum

Now with these three in the first 15 we would have been much more attack minded

Apart from that its the side I would have gone for.

Braveheart COME ON SCOTLAND crank it up, and do us proud
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:55 am

Is it being played in Dunedin in doors, or are we due for another Mudlark.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:38 am

It's in Auckland, outside.

That is the Scotland team I would rate as their best. I have no idea why Ansbro didn't play against Argentina! If I were a Scotland fan I would be very happy with that side.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 am

Backs - happy with - exactly what I selected - not sure why people are calling for R Lamont. The recent times he has played for us he has been tunred over and loss the ball. He is not imo in form

Ross Rennie can consider himself unlucky. Thought he had played well. At least he is on the bench so can be brought on if needed

Second row is still a concern. Think Gray is very lucky to be selected, as he is not living up to the hype at the moment. Not sure Hines is a started, and I assume Hamilton is still injured

Sub bench looks a lot more balanced this time.

Altogether, I think give AR 8.5 / 10 for the selection

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 am

As an England supporter - I am not looking forward to this game. (well, I am, but I'm more than a little worried).

I dont think the England selection is what it should be. Apart from Flood there arent any game changers coming off the bench. And that Scots pack and back row could really dominate at the breakdown.

I'm also concerned about 2 backs in the Scots team in particular - Max Evans and Ansbro.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down