The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2

+13
Bull
User Name
Samo
Dr Gregory House MD
Stonee21
President Trump
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
ADMIN
SirJohnnyEnglish
Celtic Warrior
MtotheC
17 posters

Go down

Please vote for the wrestler you rate the highest

V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_lcap11%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_lcap72%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 39 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_lcap13%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 7 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_lcap2%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_lcap0%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_lcap2%V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 54

V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Empty V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2

Post by MtotheC Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:15 am

Using the polling system please vote for the wrestler you rate the highest and please a comment as to why

The top two guys will progress to the next round with Chris Hero, Sting and Shelton.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2 Empty Re: V2 WCC Round 1 Group 2

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:26 am

Fairly difficult round. Anderson has his moments. He's good on the mic, can be pretty intense in his delivery but his downfall is that he is too sloppy in the ring for me.

MCMG are a fantastic team but Shelley is by far the better of the two, so Sabin is out.

I've opted for Cody. He's really been performing recently on the mic and in the ring. His run with Mysterio was brilliant and to see him going over Mysterio was huge. It shows that they believe they have a potential star there (Despite HHH ripping him on RAW).

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:28 am

Has to be Cody Rhodes for me. Has been in great form in recent times and has really come along in the last year or so.
12 months ago would have said Anderson who has all the tools to be a star but just doesnt seem to bothered anymore

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:28 am

This is much harder for me this round than the previous one.

I could have picked 1 of 4.

Anderson came on leaps and bounds after he left WWE, but in the past few months he's been lazy again, creative haven't helped with the constant flicking back and forth between face, tweener, heel. Excellent on the mic, needs big improvement in the ring.

Chris Sabin, One half of a fantastic tag team and often the overlooked half but he could easily become a very very good singles star with the right push. Great ring skills but needs more time on the mic.

El Generico, Brilliant indy star and another I could see be huge if he joined WWE, think the crowd would love him but my choice is...

Cody Rhodes. Been a big backer of Rhodes ever since Legacy (I did prefer him back then over Dibiase too), he's grown a huge huge amount since and I'd rate him currently as THE best heel in WWE.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:46 am

I have always rated Anderson, his confidence is sky high, he's a great talker and can deliver promos as well as anyone in the business right now, he has the look an moveset to impress in the ring but for some reason it just doesn't all come together the way you would hope it would. However I do feel he is major, major star waiting to happen!

Cody is without doubt on top of his game right now and if he is put with the right people over the next 12 months I could quiet easily see him with a world tittle!

Clay is well out of his depth in this one and I can see him picking up a big fat 0

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:00 am

I voted for Cody Rhodes for no reason other than I am most familiar with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

Electric Demon wrote:I voted for Cody Rhodes for no reason other than I am most familiar with him.

Are you now?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:33 am

Looks like this could be a run away victory for the Rhodes!

Difficult group to pick just one; but he appears to be the common choice as best. (So far)

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

Thought Cody was the obvious choice here given how well he is doing at the moment. Definitely outdoing other heels like ADR at the moment though personally I really like Christian's "One More Match" gimmick.

I can see him being a top level heel if they don't rush him into the title picture.

As for the others:

Mr. Anderson: Consistently hopeful, consistently disappointed
Chris Sabin: Tag team competitor
Petey Williams & El Generico: Unfortunately my knowledge does not extend to them
Brodus Clay: Potentially a very good bodyguard / monster heel competitor, or potentially an awkward fat guy

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

I don't think he's the best heel in WWE right now. I'd give that to Mark Henry. His performance is so intense right now - it really tells a story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm

On paper this looks like an extremely tough call but like the majority I went with Rhodes, about two years ago I said I thought Rhodes would be a World Champion within two years, obviously that time lines out but most people laughed at the initial suggestion, given another year I can see him fulfilling that particular prophacy
I agree totally on the Anderson comment, a year ago he'd be my favourite but he has become lazy and complacent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:11 pm

Clay is well out of his depth in this one and I can see him picking up a big fat 0

Oh we'll see about that Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

Cody by far for me, he has just been so impressive lately and looks like he is just going to keep building and building from his feud with Rey into a genuine main eventer.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:26 pm

I thought Cody was the most ridiculous looking Wrestler I'd ever seen in 2007, he looked like a skinny pale geek, as much as I don't like the guy working so closely with Bob Holly was brilliant for Rhodes, I've liked Cody since the early days of Pricele$$, he really stepped up to the plate when DiBiase was the one expected to hit the peaks

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

Jumping on the bandwagon here and going for Cody as well, when I first saw him after his debut and as part of Legacy, it was clear that he had a good level of athletic ability and wrestling skill, unfotunatly (and ironicly in complete contrast to his father) he was totally devoid of personality and the only notable feature of his otherwise non-descript look was how odd he looks without knee pads. Since his split from Legacy though Cody has been on the up, the Dashing gimmick was entertaining and allowed him to show previously unforseen shades of charisma but it was after he injured his face things really began to look up, since donning the mask Cody has developed a noticeable look and a gimmick which has allowed him to show off a personailty and mic skills I didn't think he had 2 years ago. His matches with Mysterio, notably at Wrestlemania, have been ther highlight but his work since then has been more than adequate and I think this guy has a world championship in his future now.

A large part of why I voted for Cody is that in strark contrast to his dynamic and continued development, just about everyone else on this list is existing in a comfert zone which they have been in for a while or are looking unmotivated and declining.

Mr Anderson is far from the verbal force that was tearing through TNA last year, constant heel/tweener/face turns, his own lack of motivation and the rise of Sting's own loose cannon character, have made Anderson look increasingly less relevant

Brodus Clay, despite looking impressive, hasn't done much in WWE, except suffer an epic hardway cut to the head at Extreme Rules this year and Petey Williams has dropped of the map of my wrestling knowledge since Glory by Honour 8 nearly 2 years ago.

Chris Sabin and El Generico were contenders but with Sabin, unlike Chris Hero who I voted for in the last round, I find it hard to think of as anything other than, one half of the MCMG and the slightly less promising one at that, is no doubt talented and has great potential to go places but needs to act on it. Gernerico on the other hand, has found his place in ROH as TV champion, a good worker who is very over as a babyface, probably nothing else he will do will match that feud he had with Kevin Steen last year, which for me was mostly driven by an intense heel Steen, and everything that has come since has seemed slightly ant-climactic

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

This result doesn't do anything for anyone who thinks there is some kind of inverted snobbery going on against WWE guys, in the end people will choose the guys and characters they like the most

Last edited by the-gaffer on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

Came down to Anderson and Rhodes for me, but I opted for Rhodes. He's grabbed the ball and ran with it since his move to Smackdown. Im really glad to say I was wrong about him when he first teamed with hardcore Holly.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:22 pm

Cody Rhodes

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

Has To Be Cody , he has really has impressed me and i think he deserves a chance at the main events

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:34 pm

I've been a big fan of Cody Rhodes since his Legacy days as he always seemed to have something different and unique about him that DiBiase lacked. I was sure though that WWE would drop the ball with Rhodes as soon as they split and that DiBiase would get the push ahead of him. How wrong I was, and Cody just gets better and better.

I have never been a big fan of Kennedy, apart from his very early WWE days, but for me he quickly became boring, and then irritating and now he is just irrelevant.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 29 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

Kennedy - Mic skills way over rated and so sloppy in the ring.

Rhodes - Been top notch since Wrestlemania and his match with Mysterio by far stole the show. Continues to impress and improve and that is why he gets my vote.

Sabin - Unfortunately he is the lesser of a great tag team. Highly talented but will always live in the shadow of Shelley.

Petey Williams - Was exciting in the beginning at TNA. Now it is more Petey who?

El Generico - Massive fan, always excites but doesn't live up to some of his ROH mates.

Brodus Clay - If pushed correctly would make a great monster heel but using him on Superstars is going to do nothing for him.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Thu 29 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

Cody for me , been a fan ever since his Pricele$$ days and legacy days , great charisma and the Dashing and Masked gimmicks have worked a treat
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:33 am

There we have it! Cody runs away with this one and is joined in the next round by mr Anderson!

Group three up soon

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

I cost Chris Sabin that round by accidentally voting Kennedy instead of Cody.

Kennedy was my second choice but I feel a bit bad now.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down