The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's best motivational speech ever.... FACT. END OF.

+22
HammerofThunor
RubyGuby
disneychilly
Luckless Pedestrian
beshocked
Geordie
Great White
screamingaddabs
rodders
Tattie Scones RRN
Metal Tiger
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
mckay1402
GLove39
Pot Hale
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
TheGreyGhost
mystiroakey
Gatts
munkian
EnglishReign
PJHolybloke
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

England's best motivational speech ever.... FACT. END OF. - Page 2 Empty England's best motivational speech ever.... FACT. END OF.

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 21:56

First topic message reminder :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15069848.stm

OK Nice one Nick, thanks very much. Bonus? Grow up you snivelling little boy.

Talk like that makes me vomit I don't want to see Scotland go out, I don't want to see any of the home nations or Ireland go out, but before the final at least three of them must. That's what a tournament is all about, but to talk about knocking another team out as a "bonus" is about as small-minded as you can get.

I suppose he feels comfortable talking in those terms because he's on the bench on Saturday, look out for him Courtney, if he does come on he'll be the one in brown shorts. steam

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

England's best motivational speech ever.... FACT. END OF. - Page 2 Empty Re: England's best motivational speech ever.... FACT. END OF.

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 16:06

RubyGuby wrote:I love all this "be modest" Scotland stuff that's going around - The irony is it's coming from a side who had already prepared a Grand Slam winning DVD in 2011 - Hows that for modesty Yahoo

What have Nike got to do with this?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

England's best motivational speech ever.... FACT. END OF. - Page 2 Empty Re: England's best motivational speech ever.... FACT. END OF.

Post by RubyGuby Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 16:09

What have Nike got to do with this?. Yahoo Keep 'em coming - God it's a great Friday

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 16:41

Please, no more dancey-dance emoticons!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 17:04

De Luca and Youngs said exactly the same thing. Both would love to send the other home (although I hope De Luca doesn’t play any part in this game). Why is it such an issue? I don’t think either team will be dwelling on their comments. The interview isn’t going to be the closing video at the last team meeting before the game. Robinson and Johnson aren’t going to say remember what that Tinkywinky said before the team take the field. It’s difficult to explain the England Scotland rivalry from a Scottish point of view. Hell I can’t even describe it myself, but the Scots on the forum know exactly what I mean. Whether it’s jealousy of success or being tired of the media forever hyping up the English teams. Either way, both teams will be concentrating on winning.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 17:30

Scot Abroad wrote:De Luca and Youngs said exactly the same thing. Both would love to send the other home (although I hope De Luca doesn’t play any part in this game). Why is it such an issue?

Because both are pathetic

by RubyGuby on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:09 pm

What have Nike got to do with this?. Keep 'em coming - God it's a great Friday

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 17:32

Ok Thunor I'll concede here - I'm actually just happy its the end of a working Friday with some cracking rugby ahead - I tend to get a bit manic and hence the ridiculous posts thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 17:50

Sorry, should have followed the RubyGuby quote with ???

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 18:49

When we're this close to a game I don't take comments by players very seriously. I'm a bit surprised De Luca went public because it could be used as ammo by the English lads. But I doubt they'll need it. I am sure plenty of very nasty things are being said about Scots, Scotland and anything vaguely Scottish by the English players, coaches and management in the lead up to the game. Just part of the build up.

When pundits stir the race pot - that's when I get miffed.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 19:03

omg you saes are a lot are'nt you?read these posts back-its the most self important drivel I've read since Gordon Brown said we couldescape the turmoil that was engulfing the rest of the financial world-GET A LIFE and stop thinking that the WC starts and ends with england
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 19:30

omg you saes are a lot are'nt you

In exactly the same way you welsh are...? Rolling Eyes

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 20:37

The thing is we Scots know we will never win the RWC. Whereas the English when they are average think they are good, when good think very good, and when very good, unbeatable. This is due to a large degree to their risible media morons but also the smug attitude of some of the players/coaches/fans and esp. blazerati.

We travel in hope whereas the English travel in expectation, such is their conceit in their own ability.

We will not win tomorrow by 8 points or even 1 point but hopefully give a performance to make us proud. That is how we go forward. Good luck to both teams but please Scotland make us proud again. Braveheart
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 20:52

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:The thing is we Scots know we will never win the RWC. Whereas the English when they are average think they are good, when good think very good, and when very good, unbeatable. This is due to a large degree to their risible media morons but also the smug attitude of some of the players/coaches/fans and esp. blazerati.

We travel in hope whereas the English travel in expectation, such is their conceit in their own ability.

We will not win tomorrow by 8 points or even 1 point but hopefully give a performance to make us proud. That is how we go forward. Good luck to both teams but please Scotland make us proud again. Braveheart

Yes, all us English people are gullible and just believe everything the media goes on about.

Do you realise how bigoted that post is?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 21:19

Nope ?

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 21:23

Very

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 21:57

Personally I thought it an arrogant assumption of superiority based on ancient stereotype.

Or in other words, bigotry.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2