The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafateers Ahoy!!!

+8
ADMIN
hofflimits
cats_r_cool
yummymummy
rafandready
denzilsmom
Solerina
Wooffie
12 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 Empty Rafateers Ahoy!!!

Post by Wooffie Sun 27 Feb 2011, 11:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Miami Sound Machine ...

After a run to the final of Indian Wells, where Rafa mysteriously left his form in the toilet, we now move on to one of his favourite locations, full of latino flava and great Rafa support ... Miami.

For the man who holds the record of winning the most Masters Serious titles, this is one of few that eludes him. He's been to the final only once before, and last year saw one of the saddest sights I can ever recall of Rafa ... that of him cursing and beating his leg above the knee as it seemed that his knees where once again failing him.

The doubles are dropped for this tournament, and Uncle Toni is back in town. Rafa dropped out of playing in the charity football match for Japan stating that with this tournament and for what is to come, he's entering the most important phase of the season for him, and he has to be careful.

He faces one of his more difficult draws for a while, and with Novak rising to Number 2, this is the first tournament where we have Rafa and Feds drawn to meet in the semi-final. Can Rafa steer his way through an un-chartered draw? Will he meet Novak once again in the final and is he the man to end his fantastic winning streak? Can he finally get a title that eludes him in the so-called "5th Slam" and will he celebrate by swimming with the dolphins or will Dorky go and re-acquaint himself with his old mate Goofy in Disneyland?

C'mon Rafa ... you can DO it!!!

=================================================================================

Welcome to the Rafael Nadal chat thread. This is a place to celebrate, be positive and to have fun whilst discussing Rafa, the Armada and tennis in general. So whether you are a long-time poster, a newbie, or maybe a nervous lurker, if you can meet Rafa's triumphs and disasters and treat those two imposters just the same, then this is the place for you. All are welcome, so please feel free to join in with the fun ...

Last edited by Wooffie on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 10:23 pm; edited 11 times in total
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 Empty Re: Rafateers Ahoy!!!

Post by Marcus Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:06 pm

I can't believe that Sky have wasted their money by sending Crofty out there. She's the worst tennis presenter the world has ever seen, and her teniss knowledge is only superior to one person in the universe... Mats Wilander (equal with Rafan)

I'm hoping they've looked at her passport and noticed that it's valid for her journey out there and expires the day of the final. Americaland is welcome to her!

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:09 pm

I might be wrong, but I sense a certain dislike for Ms Croft, here.
Her tennis knowledge might be Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 484478 , but I bet she's still above ME in the picks Rolling Eyes

Hurrah, my link-thing worked.
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:10 pm

Yahoo It worked. Rafachat, pictures, vids, adult content, the picks game, topical football talk, my buns, Crufts champions, :hmmm hmmm: smileys and all the lastest teachings on Information Technology.

All in one fred ... amazing. Smile

Just a little something for any passing moderator/admin. I learnt how to do the <link> thing ages ago ... ner, ner, ner, ner, ner, but ... I always then go back and give it a colour because when you post, the link comes out the same colour as the other type and its not very distinguishable.

Or is even a <clever clogs> like me missing something?? Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

tennisluvver wrote:Had to look again at the draw to see who the ladyboy is - Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 56390

Been trying to do a link thing, so this is my practice

ORDER OF PLAY

Hope it works ok

Thank goodness for preview - you'd think that my keyboard only had half the letters!!

Well done tennisluvver thumbsup

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:20 pm

I'm watching the highlights program - and the Raonic / Fish game is frst up - still looking for a highlight! nOt very exciting.

This is the first time I've see Raonic - he looks younger than 20. I must have been inspired, cos I had him to beat Fish on the Picks game! Shocked
In fact, I've got him to win his next game too!!
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:26 pm

tennisluvver wrote:I might be wrong, but I sense a certain dislike for Ms Croft, here.
Her tennis knowledge might be Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 484478 , but I bet she's still above ME in the picks Rolling Eyes

Well ... she won't be by the end of the tournie, cos no doubt she'll have picked Feds to win Doh

I'm "not keen" on her, shall we say. Her slobbering over Feds is second only to Barker's, she should adopt the Trinny & Susannah mantra that women over 35 should never wear skirts above their knees, her predelictation for "showing her legs off" is embarrassing and she needs a brush putting through her hair.

Other than that ... she's alright. laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:39 pm

She's the sort of airhead that gives the rest of us a bad name Doh She's too bloody old to wear her hair down her back like that and her skirts ae waaaay too short...oh and she knows nowt about Tennis furious

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:43 pm

Why is it Denz, that we know all the rules about getting <ahem> older, with style and grace and elegance??

And others ... don't.

And we support the bestest tennis player ... Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Mon 14 Mar 2011, 8:40 pm

Cos we is fashionistas with good taste Woofs Very Happy and those who have met us know it's true Ok! and we also have excellent taste in men Drool heart

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 9:45 pm

Good evening lovely Rafateers!! Hug

Lovely Denzy Hug Barely nothing out there about our lovely Rafa.

So Dimples and NICOOOOOOOOOOOOO out now. <unjinx><unjinx><unjinx> but Rafa's draw is opening up. Ok!

Delpo now. Very Happy And blinkin' Croft got to interview him too!!! Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 980425
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 9:48 pm

Charming little interview there with JMDP on Sky. He's a real sweetie. Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 21345

Has he confirmed for MC?? <pray><pray>
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:17 pm

Well I thought I would stay up for Rafa...but as I'm still catching up on my sleep and am dozing off already, I dont think I'm going to last :sleep:

It really is opening up from what I can see, funny how some tourneys just don't go to plan....but that's what keeps it interesting thumbsup

If any brave soul does manage to stay awake, could we have a little report please?

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:19 pm

Meant to say...night night all luvverly Rafateers kiss

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:22 pm

Night night lovely Denzy Hug You sleep tight ...

Don't think I'll manage Rafa's match either. Too much on at work and I need to :sleep:

I'm enjoying the Delpo / Dolgo match so far as its not quite time for bed yet. Some great shot making. thumbsup
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:35 pm

Good evening Rafateers Hug

I'm late! Looks like you've been having such fun here today (anyone else watch Miranda?).

Angie - whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm thinking after our Rafateer trip to Cyprus to see Cats we can go even further oop north than usual and pay a visit to you in Bonnie Scotland Very Happy

I'm enjoying Delgo now - I like both players so I'm neutral. I just think Dolgo brings something really fresh to tennisssss, noh?
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:39 pm

Good evening lovely Rafan!! Hug kiss

Dolgo does bring something new, and he is playing some lovely stuff. Pearl was speaking so much of him last year .. which reminds me. I need to to that scoundresse over here.

Are we going to Scotland?? Yahoo <packs kilt>
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:41 pm

Maria Sharapova is racing through her match against Rezai, if she can keep her foot on the accelerator we might get to see a bit of Rafa Yahoo

I'm blowing the dust off my sporran for our trip north of the border. Hoots mon!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:47 pm

Jealous much?
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 10:49 pm

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 3497602689 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 3497602689 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 3497602689

Oh that's a new one, Rafan. Can't WAIT to see that in MC ... Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 1479719350

Maymo ... :sigh: Loving his work.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:05 pm

Has anyone seen Nole's Q&A which was posted on Facebook? He and his girlfriend have a dog called Pierre heart
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:07 pm

A bit of indulgence for us, Rafan.

The last two games of the Gulbis match last year in Rome. D'ya know ... I don't remember a thing of the play itself. I remember us, jumping about, the lovely Italian flora and fauna, the nerves ... but not the match ... Just a little momento ...

Rafa vs. last year's Next Best Thing ...
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:09 pm

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 21345 that Nole bought his girlfriend a little doggie.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:16 pm

Oh clear off Shiras !!

So Rafa's 2010 would have been different if JMDP had been around. Well ... he wasn't around, and what happened, happened. Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 56390
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:22 pm

Can't STAND that man furious - he never stops gabbing either censored
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:24 pm

Twonk of Twonkington ... :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:34 pm

laughing laughing laughing

rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:13 am

Morning Rafateers Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 769663

Online early today to get last nights results - wasn't online at all last night, the Other half was grouching about having the tennis on again, so thought I wouldn't give him an excuse to change channels!

Just watchd the Rome clip - God, wasn't Rafa BRILLIANT on the clay last year! Those shorts were hideous, though.

Rafan, I live in Fife, just North of Edinburgh. Edinburgh being the best city in the UK! Wink And contains many nice bars & restaurants, most of which I've been in (the bars anyway).

Well, off for some breakfast, now that I know Rafa won (my only Pick to do so - glad I can rely on him!) & DelPo won (just watching the recording now). Hope Rafa's game is on the highlights later.

Speak soon
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:45 am

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 479796 wasn't expecting the Rafamatch after Del Potro. What a treat. Thank goodness for Sky+.
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Tue 15 Mar 2011, 10:01 am

Morning Angie Hug My Dad was from Fife - Pittenweem. We spent many a happy family summer holiday there. I love it there and have been back a couple of times since <sighs>

Yippee for Sky+. Rafa was good I thought - and it was even better watching it on the red button without that babbling fool doing the commentary laughing

Morning everyone else too! Hug
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Tue 15 Mar 2011, 10:17 am

Hi Rafan Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 769663

I've been to Pittenweem many times - lovely on a summer's day. There are lots of nice wee villages along the East Fife coast, like Elie, and Anstruther (where you'll get the best fish n chips).

Probably not too great today though - it's raining AGAIN. Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 484478 No doubt the weather will be ok tomorrow, once I'm back at work.

Thought Rafa looked pretty good, Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 620885 , and looks like he'll easily move up a gear when he has to. Sadly I had to put up with the commentary - they are infuriating- esp that American idiot. I did put the sound off altogether, but I like the crowd noise for atmosphere, so put it back on!
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 10:32 am

Good morning all lovely Rafateers!! Hug

Isn’t it fine and dandy when we can see a healthy and fit Rafa on court being focussed and determined.

Soxy … Wink

So you’re from the Kingdom of Fife, Angie. I once knew someone from Kirkcaldy who taught me the Scottish word … “blether”. And boy, could she! Hehe. Been to the coastline just once as I trugged up there with “he who shall not be named” to watch The Open at Carnoustie, (only made bearable by Corporate hospitality, and it was the year that that French bloke took his shoes and socks off to hit a ball from a stream on the 18th. Unless <bubbly> has fugged my memory). I also went to St Andrews which was very nice. Only been the Edinburgh the once and loved it. Rafan wants to go too … I can see Dolly Daydream making plans. laughing

Righto … I’ll do a bit before lunchtime.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Tue 15 Mar 2011, 12:42 pm

Hello again Hug

Busy morning at work and just on my lunch now. I had ciabatta, mozzarella, tomato and basil, some Kettle Chips Drool and Diet Coke. Delicious!

I went to the Anstruther fish & chip shop last time I was up. Cue more Drool. I'm also partial to a white pudding (my Dad called it mealy pudding) and Irn Bru is the king of fizzy drinks laughing. Trouble is that because we had such idyllic holidays staying with my nana it's never the same when you go back and can't stay in her house. I don't think the new occupiers would be impressed Very Happy. I've been through Edinburgh but never stopped, so would LOVE to go there. I'm sure you can get cheapie weekends to Edinburgh though, noh? laughing

Has anyone had a look at the Olympic ticketing site yet? I just had a look at the tennis one - it looks really complicated, and the trouble is that if you are successful you can't change your mind - you have to pay for the tickets that you have requested. So you can't choose everything in the hope that you just get something :huh:, because if you do get everything then...you are BROKE! I haven't got a Visa credit card either, only a debit one, so the money would be straight out of my account, without warning, and taken between 10 May and 10 June. Shocked
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Tue 15 Mar 2011, 1:01 pm

Hi again folks Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 769663

Sounds yummy, Rafan. Just had my lunch too - a wee omelette, and a yoghurt. Trying not to empty the fridge. I'm very glad that I've got tennis to watch, cos there is NOTHING on telly during the day. Almost glad to go back to work tomorrow. Actually, it might be fun, as we're custard pie-ing the managers tomorrow for Comic Relief! Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 3497602689

I've not had a white pudding for YEARS. Don't go to chippie as much as I used to - only Chinese, Indian, Pizza etc etc etc.... Got to admit, Irn Bru isn't my fave - not bad if it's icy cold, though.

Well, if you come up to Edinburgh, gimme a shout. I know a few nice pubs to go to - and there actually an Armani shop too. I think I'll have to pop over soon & check for any new advertising posters/billboards type of thing. Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 590675 . Not that I shop there. I save my money for the Kurt Geiger shop across the road! Shoes mmmm!

Wooffie - blether is a brilliant word, and I do a fair bit of it. Another appropriate word for today is "dreich"; as in "the weather is gey dreich the day." Again.
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 1:49 pm

Ooooooooo ... Kurt Geiger is one of my favourite shops. Visited only when the sale is on though. laughing Mind you ... whilst I bought a very attractive little pair of mink coloured patent leather ballet pumps with a very fetching applique that looked like roses from there last year ... the mere flatness of them ruined my calves and I could barely walk properly for about 5 months!! <bubbly> to high heels.

Rafan Hug I wasn't aware with the Olympics that you had to take your imput if you were successful. We really need a good 'heads together' on how we're going to approach this.

And Irn Bru is the devil's drink ... :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:12 pm

Afternoon lovely Rafateers!

Marcus has ordered tickets for the Wimblympics :yikes they're expensive: but by the sounds of it I won't know for sure whether I've got any or not until the money is taken from my account in mid-May. :grrr:

I've also ordered tickets for the mens 100m final night too.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:24 pm

Evening Marcus Hug

Which days have you applied for re. the tennisss? In between our <gin> sessions in MC, we'll have to hatch a plan. Rafan says its muy complicated. Denz will have no chance then ... :run2:

Angie ... have you had any thoughts about the Olympics?? Poor old Cats, stuck away on her lonely, sunny island, listening to the crickets and watching the dolphins play whilst we make our plans ... Sad
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:34 pm

Hello mein Wooffs! Hug

I have applied for the final on the 5th, and also for the 100m final on the same day.

Looking at the schedule on the tickets website, it appears that they're not going to bother playing the women's final.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:40 pm

laughing

I think you may need to <sprint> yourself from the Wimbers final to the 100m final Marcus.

(<sprint> ... did you see what I did there? laughinglaughing).

I suppose I would be happy with any day at Wimbers if I was able to see Rafa representing Spain there. Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

Yes, bit of a faux pas by me, as I didn't look at the dates before submitting :oops:

However, it seems to have worked out ok... the mens final should start around 2pm, and the evening session in the Olympic Stadium starts at around 6:50pm, so I should have plenty of time. :fingers crossed;

Is the Wimblympic final 3 or 5 sets?

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:03 pm

It is best of 5 sets, Marcus.

You had better wish for a non repeat of a 2008 Wimbers epic ... or saddle up your helicopter ... :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:05 pm

I'm sure they'll hold up the proceedings if I call to tell them I'm going to be a little bit late. Whistle

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:49 pm

Evening Rafateers Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 769663

I hadn't given any thought to Olympics really - t's be nice to go & see the tennis, or some of the track events, (have also always fancied the gymnastics for some reason!!) but it's hard for me to get definite time off work at that time of year, and it sounds like it's gonna be expensive - not just tickets, but flights & hotels etc, so I'll just watch from the comfort of my couch, I think.

And with any luck, my master plan of the RG final will have cleared out my bank account next year anyway!!
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:53 pm

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 484478 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 10 484478 computer - I think it's possessed. I wasn't finished, and the message was sent anyway!!

Was about to say....Hope you get the tickets you want, Marcus, expect the track tickets for that night will be in big demand.

Watching the Gulbis/Djokovic match - blimey, Gulbis shouldn't have bothered 6-0, 2-0. Shocked Thought he'd put up a better how than that. Mind you, at least it looks like ONE of my picks might get through today.
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:54 pm

Where is Wooffs?? Has she gone to the theatre of drims tonight?

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:05 pm

No ... I is here Marcus. But marvelling at our lovely first goal. But can we have another please. Shocked

Good evening all lovely Rafateers!! Hug Angie Hug Marcus Hug

It seems like Nole is on fire again today. Rafa played pretty well last night too, so fingers crossed. The fragrant Ana also beat Jankovic. Good for her.

Off to peruse the rest of the site and see what Rafanews there is out there.

I had a yummy tea too.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:33 pm

Wooffie wrote:
I had a yummy tea too.

Goodness! You haven't eaten yummy have you?! Shocked

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:40 pm

<licks lips> Yes ... but she was a bit tough.

:run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:54 pm

Wooffie wrote:<licks lips> Yes ... but she was a bit tough.
:run2:
LOL!

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:36 pm

Good afternoon Rafateers Hug

We've obviously been busy this morning with work rather than Rafastuff! I know Wooffs (birthday girl tomorrow!) will be busy getting everything done in order to enjoy a couple of days off <envy>

So TeamCuteness came through their doubles match again last night - and if RogStan beat their next opponents it will be a match-up of Team Cuteness against the Olympic Gold Medallists! What a great match that would be - do I dare wonder whether they might actually televise some doubles if that came about?! What a treat!

Hope everyone is well today Hug kiss

rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:48 pm

Shocked I just tried to open a picture on VB and it came up with the big "blocked - pornograph" thing on my computer too...somewhere an alarm bell is going off in my IT department :run2:
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next