The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafateers Ahoy!!!

+8
ADMIN
hofflimits
cats_r_cool
yummymummy
rafandready
denzilsmom
Solerina
Wooffie
12 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 Empty Rafateers Ahoy!!!

Post by Wooffie Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 23:50

First topic message reminder :

Miami Sound Machine ...

After a run to the final of Indian Wells, where Rafa mysteriously left his form in the toilet, we now move on to one of his favourite locations, full of latino flava and great Rafa support ... Miami.

For the man who holds the record of winning the most Masters Serious titles, this is one of few that eludes him. He's been to the final only once before, and last year saw one of the saddest sights I can ever recall of Rafa ... that of him cursing and beating his leg above the knee as it seemed that his knees where once again failing him.

The doubles are dropped for this tournament, and Uncle Toni is back in town. Rafa dropped out of playing in the charity football match for Japan stating that with this tournament and for what is to come, he's entering the most important phase of the season for him, and he has to be careful.

He faces one of his more difficult draws for a while, and with Novak rising to Number 2, this is the first tournament where we have Rafa and Feds drawn to meet in the semi-final. Can Rafa steer his way through an un-chartered draw? Will he meet Novak once again in the final and is he the man to end his fantastic winning streak? Can he finally get a title that eludes him in the so-called "5th Slam" and will he celebrate by swimming with the dolphins or will Dorky go and re-acquaint himself with his old mate Goofy in Disneyland?

C'mon Rafa ... you can DO it!!!

=================================================================================

Welcome to the Rafael Nadal chat thread. This is a place to celebrate, be positive and to have fun whilst discussing Rafa, the Armada and tennis in general. So whether you are a long-time poster, a newbie, or maybe a nervous lurker, if you can meet Rafa's triumphs and disasters and treat those two imposters just the same, then this is the place for you. All are welcome, so please feel free to join in with the fun ...

Last edited by Wooffie on Sat 26 Mar 2011 - 22:23; edited 11 times in total
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 Empty Re: Rafateers Ahoy!!!

Post by Wooffie Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 13:07

Good afternoon all lovely Rafateers!! Hugkiss

Rafan Hug Is it someone's birthday tomorrow?? Whistle

Yes ... mad blinking work is getting in the way of my Rafafun today. It is such a responsibility in keeping the wheels of Industry turning. How on earth will they survive without me for the next couple of days ... <sighs> Erm

If Team Cuteness get pitched against Little Lord Fauntleroy and the Hobbit ... there is no way it won't be televised somehow. On the Sky red button if nothing else. Croft would have a hissy fit otherwise and threaten to cover her legs up and brush her hair ... laughing

These pics are doing the rounds but do you remember the NolAndy footie match of the other day ... well Rafa just had to have a kick about with little Daveed. Although why he got on the team that had to wear their shirts is beyond me .. Doh

(Pssst ... Rafan ... I've copied these from a 'safe place' so you should be able to open them ... Ok! )

What you looking at??

I can play theees game with my eyes shut ...

I'm wearing this shirt through gritted teeth ...

You lot are knackered ...
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 14:44

Thanks for making them safe Wooffs laughing

I have today ordered myself a tent. I've nevah camped evah before...but with the chance of getting a Centre Court ticket on the first Monday in the ballot now looking negligible, I have decided that it's something to do before I die, and I'm going for it so I can be one of the first in the queue on the Monday morning to see Rafa walk on as defending champion (God willing). I'm scared of bugs Shocked and if there is the smallest chance of rain then actually I'm wimping out (especially having read the reviews for the cheapest of cheap tents that I've bought), but life is for nothing if not living, noh?
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 15:29

Hi everyone.

Yahoo Team Cuteness

Rafan, I admire you even contemplating camping. Just the thought makes me go Yikes. Mr C is always trying to get me to try it but until they make a tent with running water and a shower, a flushing loo and somewhere to plug in my hairdryer, then it's a definite no no for me.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 15:38

What she's failed to tell you is that Rafan's <tent> is a Tesco carrier bag. :run2:

My mind is running overtime on this jolly jape of Rafan's. She can be the fred's "Littlest Hobo" ... and regale us with her tales of chemical toilets and heavens knows what she'll brush her teeth in. We can buy her bottles of her favourite perfume to maintain her sweetness - Tramp - and I might hide plastic creepy crawlies in her knapsack as a little wheeze to startle her when she's putting her fleecy pyjamas on.

Anyhow ... I thought I'd <link> this, to get her going ...

Camping Tips for RafaRookies

And she might meet these helpful pair of chappies along the way ...

Are you coming to the portaloos with us, Rafan??

I know she won't have room for any of this, though ... randy
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 15:57

laughing laughing That's something to add to your list of things to do before you die - randy in a Tesco's bag.

Although the fact that you actually used the randy smiley is even funnier.

(Wonder if I can get away with using it myself 3 times in one post?).

Maybe not!

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 16:13

I had a temporary loss of decorum, Cats. Don't let my folly encourage you. <cough> Wink

I was thinking that we could have a new Fred on here called "Rafateers on Tour" ... so we can capture our stories and tales of when we go and see Rafa as between us all, we're all going to various tournies this year.

But Rafan can have a fred of her own ... Camping in Car Parks ... :run2:

Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 16:38

Oh I am Cry with laughing - so funny laughing laughing laughing

Sides ache!

Cry Cry Cry
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Wed 16 Mar 2011 - 19:08

Good evening, Rafateers Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 769663

Another win for Rafa/Marc Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 479796 .

My goodness , Wooffie - using the Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 531589 smiley!!

And Rafan - camping out for tickets! I did the queue in middle Saturday 2009 (not overnight - we'd been in London for an AC/DC concert @ Wembley on the Friday night, and I whined and whinged until we went to Wimbledon, queued for about 4 hours in the roasting sun, got in as the clouds came over, and saw a mixed doubles match. Rolling Eyes . He hasn't let me forget it, either.

As suspected, the sun came out today while I was at work. My long weekend of idleness & tennis-watching is already a distant memory. Sad
I'm now 2nd bottom of the picks! Very Happy . Well, really joint bottom, but higher alphabetically!! I'll win this thing yet!! Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 4:54

Good morning everyone Hug

:clearsthroat:.......

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Wooffs
Happy Birthday to You
kiss kiss

Have a lovely day and may the coming year be full of Yahoo moments for you.

Now, I must get ready for work so catch you all later :run2:

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 7:58

She's beat me to it Doh

Best Soprano voice....

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Woofs kiss
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuu

Have a lovely lovely day Hug kiss Yahoo Yahoo

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 10:07

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689

Thank you girls for my birthday wishes. I got a funny old range of cards ... bring on the <bubbly>, there comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne, can I have my birthday suit taken in please, Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 980425 , 20 kilos baggage allowance is only for my shoes, cup cakes, eclairs .... do you lot all know me or what?? Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689

Righto ... of my to make myself beautiful. Going into Manchester, having lunch, a browse in the shops, champagne Doh another browse, then a couple of G&Ts before home. <bubbly>

I leave you with these ...

You just make sure you protect those Crown Jewels, Rafa

I am 'all fernando'. I just need to check that you are 'all rafa', Rafa. Hmmmmmm

Vamos Rafa!! Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 2311609923
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 12:33

:clears throat:

Hcappy birthday noh to youuuuuu
Hcappy birthday noh to youuuuuu
Hcappy birthday to lovely Fraulein Wooffingtons
Hcappy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

kiss

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 13:00

<singsinbest angel ic voice>

Happy birthday to you
Squashed tomatoes and <irish> stew
Bread and butter in the gutter
Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday lovely Wooffs, hope you are having a fabulous day of <bubbly> and <gin> kiss
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 20:28

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 479796
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday, dear Wooffie
Happy birthday to you

I hope you're having a wonderful day, with lots of bubbly, chocolate etc
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 21:45

Good evening all lovely Rafateers!! Hugkiss

I've had a super day, full of all of my favourite things ... food, <bubbly> ... even a venture into the Armani store where amongst all the beautiful things, I didn't find Rafa ... but not to be greedy Wink

Thank you so much for your choruses of Happy Birthday ... I am very touched. Well ... I know I am touched in the head, but the other sort laughing It was also lovely to come home to more cards and you know how I was discussing them above, well ... Denzy sent me the most beautiful card ... a stylised flapper girl holding a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel by her lead ... <gulp> ... it made me Sad .

But then I also got one which said ... "Wooffs and Nina get along so well ... because they are right <femaledogs> laughinglaughinglaughing

Hug s to you all xxxxx
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 23:01

Hug Glad you had a loverly day, Wooffs. kiss

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 8:38

Good Morning all my luvverly Rafateers Hug

Woofs kiss ...So pleased you had a lovely day...hope you treated yourself to something 8)

I'm thrilled to bits you liked your card.....I get them from a girl who designs them herself, and she sells them at Dog shows. She does lots of different ladies in costumes from the 20's to the 50's and puts different breeds of dogs on with them. I think they're very stylish and elegant....they remind me of old Vogue pictures from years ago.

Similar to what we're going to wear in MC laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 12:00

...hope you treated yourself to something 8)

I did ... a lovely, new handbag. And some make up (needed to fill the cracks in). Although Guy ... the 48 year old sales assistant ... couldn't get me to purchase some wonder cream to remove the puffiness from around my eyes. Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689

And indeed my card is like old Vogue picture, and I love it. But especially cos my little Rose is in the corner.

We have a lovely day here in sunny Lancashire, and instead of lolling about, I should be making tracks and going somewhere ...

Happy Friday everyone!!!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 15:03

Quiet here today. Hope everyone is having a good day. I need to sign off now and do all those annoying little chores and then settle down with a DVD. Mr C got the first season of Prison Break for his birthday (something we'd never bothered to watch as didn't fancy it). Well, we started watching it and all I can say is Drool so I have a date with a rather attractive inmate. Have a lovely evening everyone.

Hug

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 15:45

Good afternoon Rafateers Hug

Hi and Bye to Cats…I've heard a lot about that Prison Break, and particularly the young man who stars in it Wink

So my tent (aka Tesco carrier bag) has arrived today. A friend came up with a great idea of buying a lilo to sleep on as they are really cheap and have a built in pillow, so I just need a cheapie sleeping bag now and I'll be all set. I don't know if I'll end up quite as fragrant as Rafa is used to laughing

I'm feeling very excited about it though – I'm planning a photographic journal of the day which I'll share with you all :sleep: I'm just hoping it doesn't rain on my parade!

I tell you what Wooffs - your sales person could defo sell me some cream to reduce the puff round my eyes today Shocked
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 20:40

Good evening all lovely Rafateers!! Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 769663 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 291114

Oh Rafan ... I am <hooting> with laughter Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689 every time you bring your little adventure up. And I think its a MARVELLOUS idea about doing a journal ... I cannot wait. It may even surpass Pom Pom Ahoy!! Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689 I can even think of a title ...

Lilo Lil's Tesco Tales ...

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689 Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689

I am laughing so much about the lilo idea. I can just see you ... <huff> <huff> <huff> ing into that lilo trying to blow it up. Do you how much <puff> you need to get one of those things inflated?? I can see you all red in the face and passing out through the sheer effort of it. And can you imagine as is slowwwwwly goes down during the course of the night and you're left lying on hard ground. I'm sorry ... I am almost Sad ing with laughter whilst typing this.

You'll start out with a lilo ... and end up with a whoopee cushion !!! <ppppplllllllllllbbbbbbbbbbbbbttt> Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 3497602689

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 2732920192

However ... I totally insist now on you doing it, because I am screaming with the hilarity of it all.

Rafateers Ahoy!!!  - Page 11 2732920192
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 9:41

Morning Rafateers,

I've just seen the result of last night's match.......very disappointing for you..........big hugs to you all Hug

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 10:18

"very disappointing for you"

This was Rafael Nadals first tournament after injuring himself at the Australian Open. Consequently getting to the final of a highly competitive and exhaustive tournament such as a Masters and then only losing in three sets on his least preferred surface, well I myself do not view it as "very disappointing". In fact I am very pleased for him, it augurs very well for the rest of the season. Solerina I do understand the sentiment of your comment and I think the sentiment is appreciated.

Now if I may I would like to post this little cutting quoting the after match comments of Masters Djokovic and Nadal taken from the esteemed British Broadcasting Corporation:

"I want to congratulate Rafa on a great tournament," Djokovic said afterwards. "He had to lose but he has started off the year very well.
"It's always a pleasure to play you. For me, you are the greatest player ever and a good friend so I wish you good luck."

Nadal responded: "You started the season fantastic so all the best for the rest of the season. Well done. I lost today but I lost to one of the greatest."

I think that Nadal is one of the most genuinely gracious people that can be found on our television screens.

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 10:24

Thanks Solerina Hug

It was a disappointment – especially after Rafa played so well in the first set. In fact I was so relaxed while watching it that I was even browsing Google for pictures of Roger's twins from the doubles final!

I think Rafa must have taken his service to the toilet with him at the end of the first set, and left it in there. Can't take it away from Novak though – he was getting everything back and making very few unforced errors; Rafa was spraying them about everywhere.

Nevermind…"it's only a game" and we're on to Miami next (via Bogota where Rafa and Novak are playing an exhibition match).

As they said on Sky – Rafa can take some cold comfort from getting beaten while playing poorly rather than playing well.

Vamos!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 10:53

Good morning all lovely Rafateers Hug

Are we in reflective mode after last night’s result? Thanks for the sentiment Solerina, but that’s the thing with tennis, Rafa’s going lose so its something you have to take on the chin. I’m a little disappointed by the nature of this one, but there you go. Welcome, Nore Staat Hug thanks for your comment and hope to see you around on here. Morning Rafan Hug

I’ve been trying to find Rafa’s post match presser because I really want to see what he has to say about it all. I’ve only been able to have a quick glance at NadalNews, so maybe I’ll find out more at lunchtime. Rafa’s body language in the presentation said it all to me. He’s usually OK about defeat, so long as he knows he tried his best. But I think he knows he was totally terrible. Of course, Novak is playing the tennis of his life, deserved the match and all that. But I think our usually steely warrior allowed himself to buckle under pressure last night. He had the pressure from his opponent on how well he’s playing, but coupled with that, he had the pressure he put himself under in that he’s got in this mode now for hardcourts that he has to have the bigger, better serve to succeed, but he couldn’t get it working from the middle of the third set and he allowed that to affect his whole game. His confidence was shot, he retreated to the back of the court … and it’s the old thing about losing the winning habit, the way he is at this time of year. He’s definitely in much better shape than 2010, and a final appearance after time out is good. I just think he let himself down a bit. But Uncle Toni will be waiting in Miami, so here’s hoping they can iron out a few of those crinkles.

Going back to the point about the nice things Rafa and Nole said to each other at the trophy ceremony. I thought they both gave a lovely account of themselves, which leads me on to my next point. Sky Marcus. I would like to implore that every single match does not include Roger Federer, nor should every reference be about Roger Federer. What Nole said, was “you are the greatest player ever and a good friend” to Rafa … he wasn’t making stupid GOAT statements, he wasn’t trying to wind Federer up, he just wanted to say something nice to his friend. But cue back to the studio, and straight away he jumped on that statement and the ‘Greatest of All Time’ nonsense and Roger Federer this and Roger that … I even thought the other two were keen to just get the conversation back on track about what they’d just been watching. RF has had his day, he wasn’t playing last night … we are witnessing what is perhaps the next era in tennis and I totally enjoyed it. Both players deserve their place in where they are in the world rankings by nature of what their current achievements are. Give it a rest, please.

Chin up today, Rafa … and VAMOS!!!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 11:05

Agree with that Wooffs - and Nole even said "for me you are the greatest player ever" so he was just giving an opinion to his good friend. Both players are very gracious in triumph and defeat - going back to the USO final there was the lovely moment when they were waiting for the trophy presentation when Rafa went over to Nole to give him a hug in his chair.

Well done to both - I for one am pleased that Rafa won't be meeting Nole until the final in the next tournament (if they both make it that far, etc!).
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 11:07

Oh and good morning to you both Hug how rude of me!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 13:03

Hi Cats for when you pop in here Hugkiss

Hope your furry friend problems aren't too serious. Come and tell you pals Hug

OK ... this is a poison chalice considering the result ... but guess who won the Picks. Whistle

Rafan ... on Rafatennis you mentioned a new Motto. In an attempt to cheer ourselves up and as the game for the week ... shall we have some suggestions and then we can pick one??

:rushes off to think hard: ...
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 13:17

Hi,

I would just like to briefly add that I don't think there is anything wrong with Rafaels game. It was just that his serve brokedown half way into the match. I think this is his new hard court serve that he just needs to fully transfer into muscle memory.

I have seen Rafael lose focus during a match before, he lost a few consecutive games but was able to "switch" back into focus. This time with Djokovic playing so well, with the wind swirling around the court (there was some mention of windy conditions) and having just got back from injury, he wasn't able to switch back into focus in time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 13:23

Hi again Nore,

One thing about Rafa is how much he is still prepared to learn about his game. I'm sure he'll have a good old chat about it all with Toni and work it out. Its quite usual for the Nadal men to all team up in Miami, so I'm sure he'll also enjoy having the family around him again.

It is very, very unusual for him to implode like that. But he'll kick on from this. thumbsup
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 13:24

Just spotted this link in one of the comments on Nadal News.Oh my

I've got my thinking cap on for the motto.

Yesterday's match reminded me of last year's semi-finals in IW and Miami. A sudden loss of confidence and everything went away from him. But it's ok, he's going to take the loss and learn from it. He's off to Bogota today and then to Miami on Tuesday - not playing again until Saturday night, so plenty of time to recover, and I think Toni will be on hand in Miami, noh?
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 13:32

Just spotted this link in one of the comments on Nadal News

Have you checked out the pics on Rafatennis?? Whistle

:run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 13:37

Too scared to click on the links Wooffs - after what happened last week - twice! laughing
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 13:44

Doh Of course, Rafan. You said so ... Sorry

They are all from yesterday's match. I wonder why you're getting that warning sign.

Quite funny ... actually. :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 13:53

Nore Staat wrote:I think this is his new hard court serve that he just needs to fully transfer into muscle memory.

Muscle memory.....one of my favourite subjects! : )

Hi Nore Staat........welcome to v2.......I hope you enjoy yourself here Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 14:12

Hi everyone Hug I'm doing my usual posting on the wrong thread Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I feel better now reading all your comments. Was way too Sad this morning to post anything when I saw the score and Nore has hit the nail on the head saying he did fab coming back off an injury and on his least favourite surface. And as I've said, if he has to lose, let it be to Nole. The comments they made to each other at the end were very touching. Love them both (but Rafa more heart)

Re furry friends problems, having a bit of a nightmare. They are passing some lurgy round each other. It's a form of hepatitis and affecting their liver. Had one with a serious bout, he actually fell into a coma at one point but he's fully recovered now and has passed it on to 2 others. But we caught them quickly and they are 90% recovered now which is amazing considering how bad they were on Saturday.

Anyway, enough of my woes. Lovely Mr C heart has just got in from work and he's come bearing Cadbury's Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs galore Yahoo heart

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 14:19

And congrats to Wooffie for winning the picks.

I was pipped at the post by my fellow Rafateers. So not only did I jinx Rafa by picking him to win, I also messed up my picks at the finishing line. Rookie mistake that won't happen again Wink

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 15:24

Oh Cats Hug I do hope everything is ok with your furry friends...... Hug

Well done to our knowledgeable Dame on winning the picks game <curtseys>....luck had nothing to do with it Very Happy

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 15:30

Hello lovely Denz Hug How are you today?

Cats. I hope your your fur babies pick up. They sound like a tough old group anyway. A bit like us? :run2:

Bit of a hollow victory on the Picks as until picking the winner, it was one of my most rubbish peformances evah!!

Onwards and upwards though (as Rafan said.) Still haven't thought of any suitable mottos ...
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 15:46

Hello lovely Woofs Hug I'm fine today thanks Very Happy ....I did send Rafa a little message on FB to tell him I thought he was a little bit negative.....oh no I didn't...I told him he was pants laughing

On reflection though....it's not too bad and I'm sure Uncle T will be on hand to sort him out and for Rafa, the season has only just begun so a Masters final is not too shabby thumbsup

Mottos....nope I'm still struggling Erm

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 16:06

<resigns from Rafa game suggestions> I can't think of a single one. Erm

Yes, Rafa's season has barely started so getting to a final and picking up extra points is hardly a disaster. I think I have too many expectations sometimes.

What's everybody's favourite sort of Easter Egg??
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 16:17

Wooffie wrote:
What's everybody's favourite sort of Easter Egg??

Cadbury's Buttons! But that's probably because you can't get Buttons here except as an Easter Egg Shocked

Thanks for your wishes for my furry friends Hug Sure they'll be fine. They have a great vet (and a good mummy Wink)

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 16:24

Now this is a game I can get on board with!

For me it's a mini-eggs Easter Egg. Love them!

Any type of Cadbury egg will do for me though. I love the thin chocolate that you get with Easter Eggs Drool. Tescos are doing buy 1 get 2 free at the moment :run2:
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 16:26

Cabury's mini eggs are heart I like it when they go all slimey in your mouth. And I like Thornton's chocolate eggs with your name on in icing.

Cadbury's Cream Eggs are the Devil's Easter Egg by the way ... :run2:

:run2: to Tesco's ... <hands Rafan the carrier bag to use as a spare> :run2:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 16:51

laughing laughing laughing
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:10

I love Creme Eggs. But they seem to have shrunk over the years Shocked

I've got a little game and something to cheer us up and think happy thoughts.

Things that make you smile..... (non Rafa related as that will take forever laughing )

I'll start with a few of my favourite things

Sunflowers
Rainbows
Kittens heart
Puppies heart
First swim of the summer in the sea
Pretty much every episode of Friends

Very Happy

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:36

Things that make me smile ...

My little dog, Rose and all her antics
Being in Italy
The daft things my friends say to me
The sound of the sea
Beautiful handbags
Peter Kay
A good meal (cooked by anyone else but me)

Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:48

Wooffs Hug

See, this is working. Yours made me smile.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:53

Hehe ... and you made me smile. Hug

A few more.

The smell when you first open a tin of chocolates
Spring flowers when they appear in the park
A bathroom cabinet full of Clarins products
Champagne <bubbly>
United scoring a goal in the dying minutes <again>

Smile
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 18:41

Ooh...I like these games thumbsup

Favourite Easter Eggs.......Thorntons plain chocolate, with Truffles inside....and I love Choc button eggs as well Cats...but oh the giant size choc buttons are heaven Drool

Mr Denz loves Creme Eggs.....he starts buying them as soon as they hit the shops after Christmas...and my Mum always buys him a dozen for Easter.

Things that make me happy

My Dogs
Rearing puppies....always a joy
Collecting eggs from my Chicks and having one for breakfast
Dog Shows
Having lunch with my friends
New shoes
Sitting in front of the fire watcing an old film....perferably a musical.
Going to the theatre
Driving....so brill!

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next