The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glaws v Irish

+2
Ozzy3213
HongKongCherry
6 posters

Go down

Glaws v Irish Empty Glaws v Irish

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 30 Sep - 12:19

Teams are up for tomorrow’s game between Glaws and Irish. It’s going to be a hot, sunny day which is good news for 2 teams that like to chuck the ball around a bit.

Glaws welcome back Narraway and Sinbad for their first games of the season and Lewis returns after his kick to the unmentionables on the first day of the season. There are not many changes to the team that put Bath back in their place, so form along with home advantage means this should be a Glaws win.

GLAWS
Olly Morgan; Charlie Sharples, Henry Trinder, Jonny May, Tom Voyce; Tim Taylor, Nick Runciman; Nick Wood, Darren Dawidiuk, Rupert Harden; Tom Savage, Will James; Peter Buxton (C), Luke Narraway, Brett Deacon

Replacements:
Matias Cortese, Dan Murphy, Dario Chistolini, David Lyons, Gareth Evans, Dave Lewis, Freddie Burns, James Simpson-Daniel

IRISH
Tom Homer; Topsy Ojo, Jonathan Joseph, Steve Shingler, Adam Thompstone; Dan Bowden, Darren Allinson; Clarke Dermody (C), David Paice, Max Lahiff; Nick Kennedy, James Sandford ; Bryn Evans, Alex Gray, Chris Hala’ufia

Replacements:
James Buckland, Mark George, Faan Rautenbach, Declan Danaher, Jamie Gibson, Guy Armitage, Adrian Jarvis, Paul Hodgson
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Glaws v Irish Empty Re: Glaws v Irish

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Sep - 12:26

This should be a high scorer, and as we normally get stuffed at Kingsholm will probably end up something ridiculous like 55-34
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 30 Sep - 12:34

HongKongCherry wrote:Teams are up for tomorrow’s game between Glaws and Irish. It’s going to be a hot, sunny day which is good news for 2 teams that like to chuck the ball around a bit.

Glaws welcome back Narraway and Sinbad for their first games of the season and Lewis returns after his kick to the unmentionables on the first day of the season. There are not many changes to the team that put Bath back in their place, so form along with home advantage means this should be a Glaws win.

GLAWS
Olly Morgan; Charlie Sharples, Henry Trinder, Jonny May, Tom Voyce; Tim Taylor, Nick Runciman; Nick Wood, Darren Dawidiuk, Rupert Harden; Tom Savage, Will James; Peter Buxton (C), Luke Narraway, Brett Deacon

Am I right in believing that aside from Will James, that is an entirely EQ starting team?
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 30 Sep - 12:37

I don't want to blow smoke, but the latter part of that Glaws backline is looking brilliant. Swap Voyce for Sinbad and stick Freddie Burns at stand off and it looks dynamic to say the least.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 30 Sep - 12:38

Cumbrian - yep! Will James isn't a proper Welshie either! Wink

I'm really pleased with the numbers of EQ players we have at present. When we played Quins recently, between the 2 sides there were 41 EQ players out of the 46 playing!

Pete - I'd be more than happy with that, although I would hope our defence doesn't leak as many points. I can see it being a relatively high scoring affair though.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by nww12345 Fri 30 Sep - 15:49

That is a fine looking side, We will be a force when we get the likes of Browner, Stroko, R Lawson, Haze, Big Jim and EFS are back in action!

I have been very impressed with young Cox and Dawiduik so far and May has also stood up to the mark. He may captain England from time to time but I can't ee Tindall gtting bak in the side and S Lawson is going to have to fight!

Gleaning what I can from the Bath performance our defence has again been shored up because they tackled like men possesed, I am honestly hoping that this game will be our first 5 pointer of the season!

nww12345

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 30 Sep - 16:05

I am very confident of winning, I'm just not sure about the 5 points. I'm not convinced the backs have quite clicked yet, but we'll see...
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Sep - 16:10

I can see Glaws getting 5 points to be honest. Our strength is through our backs in attack. Defensively we still have a fair few lapses. This could be an absolute try fest if the weather holds.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 30 Sep - 16:19

That's right Pete lure them in...

Joking aside I can't see how LI can win this unless their pack steps up massively, as Quins have shown if you get in their faces and get a couple of early scores then they give up. As Leicester have shown if you don't defend well though and give them chances then it can come down to who scores more in a crazed scoring competition.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 30 Sep - 16:25

yappy, we all know our performances at The Stoop are down to some form of gypsy curse Shocked
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 30 Sep - 16:50

It's just the fresh smog of London upsetting those disgusting country lungs of your players!

That and the fact a true team would have a mascot to rival our two bear/dogs, where's yours eh? Eh?

Why is Burns not 10? He's lookes Poopie hot there when i've seen him play and to be honest Tim taylor really doesn't fit the style you guys want.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by nww12345 Fri 30 Sep - 16:55

Burns has struggled at the start of this season, I think it is a lack of an experienced 9 and 12 in the team. With lawson and Eli being back soon that may well change. Taylor is a good solid player but Burns gives us the edge out wide we have been missing so hopefully he will step up soon

nww12345

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 30 Sep - 19:32

Yappy, I feel Taylor is starting to provide such level-headedness to the backline. Eli and Q are on their way back and the chances are the Scottish quartet are too! Taylor has done a decent enough job and whilst our backs can chuck it about a bit, Brush is very much preaching about game management and playing the game in the oppo's half and Taylor can bring that. I'm sure when we get to the end of the season Burns will have started more games.

On the mascot front, I think there would be a riot if we introduced one of those! And it's a slippery slope you're walking, first it's a mascot and before you know it you'll be the Slough Harlequins Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 1 Oct - 13:15

Looks like the predictions of a high scorer could be spot on from the first 10 minutes of this game.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 1 Oct - 13:39

Nice try for Ojo

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 1 Oct - 13:48

23-17 at the break, 2 tries apiece.

You never know, Glaws could end up with 5 points and us with a LBP and TBP at this rate.

To be honest, I'd be happy if we come away with point.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by nww12345 Mon 3 Oct - 14:38

Prety good game of Rugby, very tense at the end. Thought the Ref was awful to be honest, How he did not send Halu'afia off for the blatant head tackle I don't know a yellow was not enough and I hope he is sighted and banned for a number of weeks. He is a discrace! We also destroyed their scrum and the ref was pinging them all throughout the first half and totaly changed his tune in the second? Woody had the lad Ahiff on toast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6nh5xwWi8

Moan over though, Fair play o Iish came to play and clearly thought the ult take us. Payed some nice stuff apart from the above a draw would have been fair!

nww12345

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 3 Oct - 17:25

Ozzy3213 wrote:This should be a high scorer, and as we normally get stuffed at Kingsholm will probably end up something ridiculous like 55-34

Well that was a spot on prediction! Could easily have been more scores across the board. I'm disappointed Glaws let Irish back into the game, but considering the heat and the players we had a win is the most important thing. 6 of our 7 RWC players are on their way back, plus all the injured players are returning means we can look forward with some optimism.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down