The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mac Moving to Light Heavy

+7
oxring
88Chris05
STC
coxy0001
Youarethegreatest
Scottrf
Valero's Conscience
11 posters

Go down

Big Mac Moving to Light Heavy Empty Big Mac Moving to Light Heavy

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:43 pm

What are people's thoughts about this?

I thought he should have retired after the Frenkel when he was knocked senseless (ref was shocking).

I thought he was winning the fight up until he was stopped but looks worried to get hit and maybe his reason to move down in weight.]

Personally I can't see him getting near a title shot unless it was in the future against Cleverly due to the potential money to be made domestically.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Big Mac Moving to Light Heavy Empty Re: Big Mac Moving to Light Heavy

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:47 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t1363-enzo-mac

But anyway, rumours are that Cleverly vs Brahmer may have fallen through and Clev vs Enzo is possible.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:47 pm

Regardless of what he says, moving down to lh will further weaken his chin. Somebody needs to stop him. he shouldnt be alowed to box for his safety

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:55 pm

Not quite sure how dropping 15lbs is going to help him, his chin or his tendency to gas a little bit!

Quite what Warren is doing is beyond me, the guy's gonna get hurt.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:17 pm

He says he makes the weight easily already.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:22 pm

STC

How? He was big for a cruiser and wasn't he toying with the idea of going to HW not so long ago?

The demonic side of me is thinking that this is going to be a pre-arranged 8 round walk for Clev by Warren and co, with Enzo being allowed to quit and earn a nice payday in the process for all involved etc.... Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:26 pm

Doesn't make a difference whether he stays at Cruiserweight, bulks up to Heavyweight or slims down to Light-Heavyweight; Maccarinelli is done at the highest level, and that's all there is to it.

Light-Heavyweight isn't exactly talent-packed right now, but it's still a better division than Cruiserweight and is Maccarinelli is an also-ran at the top end of the 200 lb weight class, then I don't see much hope for him at 175 lb either. A fight with Cleverly ('sacrificial lamb' job) would be a decent money spinner for him I suppose, and maybe he feels his power (which, in fairness, is pretty good at 200 lb) will be too much for the Light-Heavyweights, but truth be told he's likely to be far too outclassed technically to even get in to a fight with the top boys at Light-Heavyweight, never mind make enough inroads to threaten taking them out.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:28 pm

I don't for a second think it's a final payday move. Enzo isn't short on money and has been offered a partnership role with Warren.

He's always found it hard to admit his vulnerabilities and I think he is just looking for another shot, in a division where he feels he will meet smaller punchers.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon 28 Feb 2011, 4:58 pm

coxy0001 wrote:STC

How? He was big for a cruiser and wasn't he toying with the idea of going to HW not so long ago?

He said on Buncey's radio programme last week that he never had a problem making weight for cruiser and that he didn't have to boil himself down to make weight. He also said that he was never really careful with his diet either. So he has been back in training and he has been very careful with his diet. He did a trial recently to see if he could hit the 175 light heavy limit and he says he made it comfortably.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 5:01 pm

Clearly there is something in the Welsh valley's which stops them from training properly to get down in divisions. Rees comfortably moved LWW to LW too.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 28 Feb 2011, 5:46 pm

Rees was always a SFW/LW - was gifted a title shot at LWW (no idea how) and fair play to the little fella - althoug he came in looking like a little beach ball - he battered M'Baye. Was always going to come up short against bigger boxers - he's short with even shorter arms.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 28 Feb 2011, 8:06 pm

If Enzo can make the weight without any ill-effects, than this could turn out to be a wise move.
The Light Heavies obviously won't carry the same power as guys like Haye, Frenkal and Lebedev. Its unlikely, but if Enzo uses his jab more and doesnt leave himself open to counters he may go on to spring a few surprises at LH.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by dalynchster1 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:24 pm

He always looked like his breasts had a wobble to them and that carried extra body fat on him. This move down to light-heavy could prove to be interesting, and a potential showdown with the clev!!

Last edited by dalynchster1 on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

dalynchster1

Back to top Go down

Post by StuDavies Tue 01 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

Like I mentioned in a previous thread, I really hoped that Big Mac would have hung up his gloves after the Frenkel fight, I was there and sitting next to a friend of Enzo's and he was devastated, such a horrible KO.

I'm glad that now he is carrying on it's at L.H, but I just hope that the weight is easy to make for him and does not add to his difficulties.

These L.W may be fast and cause him some problems but if he carries his power down with him then it makes it quite interesting.

Hopefully they avoid a Clev v Enzo fight as us Welsh do not want to see that.

Maybe he could be the 2nd white guy to go to vegas and beat Hopkins.....

Anyway good luck to the guy, he's a great lad

StuDavies

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Wed 02 Mar 2011, 10:55 am

Big Mac would get schooled by B-Hop. Just retire Enzo. Sport Challenges

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content