The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Training

5 posters

Go down

Winter Training Empty Winter Training

Post by davidl1061 Wed 5 Oct - 14:41

Our athletics group are currently on their end of season break before Winter training starts. This is going to be the first year I wont be joining in and as much as the sessions are horrible I must admit I will miss not doing it.
My question is this, what will you be doing for your winter training this year? I should clarify I am now helping coach an adult sprint group

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Winter Training Empty Re: Winter Training

Post by english_osprey Wed 5 Oct - 21:27

david

is 10.61 your pb?

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 6 Oct - 9:23

No, its just an email address I set up a long time ago, my pb for the 100 was 11.7, ran about 10 years ago!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Treacher Wed 12 Oct - 9:15

I started training indoors with our masters group yesterday. Main emphasis is to avoid injuries. I will train, mostly sprint to 400m and LJ, two-three times a week. Maybe twice indoors and once outdoors for what sun there will be around here - perhaps alternate later with some outdoor speed skating. I should do weights but it is a bit of a bore. There are three indoor running tracks with automatic timing over 60m, all within one hour on public transport from my flat. So I have no excuse. Although I am sure to find one.

Anthony Treacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue 25 Oct - 11:34

How often are you working with your sprint group on the track, David?

For me, the winter training is all about putting in the hard miles. As a distance runner it's quite a relief to move away from summer - and associated speed sessions - and shifting towards pounding the pavements. I'm gearing up for a 5k PB over the next two weeks, then moving upwards towards training for 10k/HM distances until March or April. So a lot of it will involve primarily easy running supplemented by the occasional quality session (ie 5 x 1k @ tempo), some core work added in, and so on. Are most people here sprinters?

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 25 Oct - 14:15

I work with the sprinters twice a week and then take a hurdles group once a week aswell. I miss not being able to join in, initially it will be all endurance work then bringing in speed endurance and over-distance. Hurdles I will continue when possible dependant on weather! Might have to do that session indoors up at sport city!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 26 Oct - 12:41

We have an indoor training facility, so are pretty lucky.

My kids are already moaning about winter training and it has barely started.

They are down for the Aberdeenshire cross country series so that should be good.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Wed 26 Oct - 16:26

We were asked every winter to do cross country and I have to say I always managed to miss out! Very Happy

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sat 29 Oct - 9:44

I did as well. But my kids are better runners than me.

It is only a mile at their age. They don't have to do the beach dune section or the massive hill parts older kids have too.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down