The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sensible talk about Hamilton, from a rival at last

4 posters

Go down

Sensible talk about Hamilton, from a rival at last Empty Sensible talk about Hamilton, from a rival at last

Post by banbrotam Thu 6 Oct - 12:17

Good points here from Reubens;-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2045930/TV-makes-Lewis-Hamilton-mistakes-look-worse--Rubens-Barrichello.html?ITO=1490

As a Hamilton fan, I'll freely admit he's been at his most doziest this year. However, anyone who thinks he isn't treated more unfairly than the others is living in cloud cuckoo land

I mean, I'm still waiting to here, technically, why he took all the blame for the Button Canada crash - quite a significant moment as it gave the Frome one the 'moral high ground' (after first admitting he was in the wrong) which has resulted in a dramatic turnaround between these two

Also, in 2008, Hamilton was hauled over the coals for 'reckless driving' at the first corner at Japan. Besides the fact that this didn't damage a single driver other than himself, this was one of F1's rarities - a first corner incident, which affected no-one that ended in a penalty for the driver

Two races later, David Couthard is driving off into the sun, hoping for a romantic last ever race high points finish, only to have that dreamed literally smashed by Nico Rosberg, in a manouvere so reckless, it made the Hamilton earlier (as in 2008) Canada incident, look understandable!! Result? No penalty!!

It would be good if people, including serial ordinary drivers like Massa, admitted that Hamilton has paid the price for his early arrogance and not 'paying his dues' or being 'a good lad' like that other spectacularly ordinary driver, Mark Webber

Worryingly in sport, we seem to think that the sensible is far more appealing than the occasional rash - even if the former, makes the sport as dull as dishwater

Last edited by banbrotam on Thu 6 Oct - 15:06; edited 1 time in total

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Sensible talk about Hamilton, from a rival at last Empty Re: Sensible talk about Hamilton, from a rival at last

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 6 Oct - 14:49

I don't think TV is to blame, so much as the fact Hamilton is simply a high-profile target for the stewards, who seem to pay him an inordinate amount of attention.

As Rubens said, he has complained to Charlie Whiting about incidents going on in midfield, but they haven't seen it because they were too busy looking elsewhere.

As a front-runner I think you have to expect more scrutiny, but what annoys me and so many other F1 fans is the inconsistency of the stewards' decisions. They're the ones risking making the sport dull by unfairly penalising drivers who do try to "have a go". I think most fans would agree that they prefer to see aggressive drivers who are prepared to take risks (however there is a very fine line between being aggressive and reckless / dangerous).

Not that I would say Hamilton has been either of these...more just clumsy as a result of poor judgement.

I would love to ask the stewards how what Hamilton did to Massa was in any way different to what Kobayashi did to Hamilton.

At least Hamilton pulled out of his attempted overtake and Massa was able to continue his race after getting a new tyre. Kobayashi made no attempt to pull out and rear-ended Hamilton off the track, ending his race. Hamilton got a drive-though while Kobayashi's shunt was treated as a racing incident.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Sensible talk about Hamilton, from a rival at last Empty Re: Sensible talk about Hamilton, from a rival at last

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 6 Oct - 15:41

must..... not..... bite....... can't....... resist.....

Bonjourno!

Technically, here is why Jenson Button MBE (Or the Frome One as you call him) has the high ground from the Canada GP Incident.

With regard to the Button/Hamilton collision – which put Lewis out of the race – they said:

The Stewards have reviewed the Incident involving Car 3 (L. Hamilton) and Car 4 (J. Button) on their 7th lap of the race. The Stewards reviewed the lines of several cars, including the two cars involved, using multiple angles of video evidence over several laps, the speed traces of both drivers, the GPS tracking data from the cars and have heard the drivers and team representatives.

The Stewards concluded that:

Exiting Turn 13 there was a legitimate overtaking opportunity for Lewis Hamilton as his speed was greater than Jensen Button’s.

Both drivers took lines substantially similar to many of the other drivers, and did not move as far to the left as the preceding driver, Michael Schumacher. At the moment after Hamilton moved to the left to pass, Button looked into his mirror. It appears from the position of Hamilton at that moment [and is confirmed by the drivers] that Button was unlikely to have seen Hamilton.

At the point of contact Button had not yet moved as far to the left of the track as he had on the previous lap, or that Schumacher had on that lap. The Stewards have concluded that it was reasonable for Hamilton to believe that Button would have seen him and that he could have made the passing manoeuvre. Further, the Stewards have concluded that it is reasonable to believe that Button was not aware of Hamilton’s position to his left.

Therefore, the Stewards decide that this was a “racing incident” and have taken no further action.

One intriguing point here is that the ‘drivers’ (ie both) evidently explained that Lewis was in Jenson’s blind spot, which begs the question why Hamilton took the risk of putting his nose in there in the first place...

Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Thu 6 Oct - 15:47

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:must..... not..... bite....... can't....... resist.....

Bonjourno!

Technically, here is why Jenson Button MBE (Or the Frome One as you call him) has the high ground from the Canada GP Incident.

With regard to the Button/Hamilton collision – which put Lewis out of the race – they said:

The Stewards have reviewed the Incident involving Car 3 (L. Hamilton) and Car 4 (J. Button) on their 7th lap of the race. The Stewards reviewed the lines of several cars, including the two cars involved, using multiple angles of video evidence over several laps, the speed traces of both drivers, the GPS tracking data from the cars and have heard the drivers and team representatives.

The Stewards concluded that:

Exiting Turn 13 there was a legitimate overtaking opportunity for Lewis Hamilton as his speed was greater than Jensen Button’s.

Both drivers took lines substantially similar to many of the other drivers, and did not move as far to the left as the preceding driver, Michael Schumacher. At the moment after Hamilton moved to the left to pass, Button looked into his mirror. It appears from the position of Hamilton at that moment [and is confirmed by the drivers] that Button was unlikely to have seen Hamilton.

At the point of contact Button had not yet moved as far to the left of the track as he had on the previous lap, or that Schumacher had on that lap. The Stewards have concluded that it was reasonable for Hamilton to believe that Button would have seen him and that he could have made the passing manoeuvre. Further, the Stewards have concluded that it is reasonable to believe that Button was not aware of Hamilton’s position to his left.

Therefore, the Stewards decide that this was a “racing incident” and have taken no further action.

One intriguing point here is that the ‘drivers’ (ie both) evidently explained that Lewis was in Jenson’s blind spot, which begs the question why Hamilton took the risk of putting his nose in there in the first place...

I said at the time, that I'd loved to have seem the furore if it had been the other way around. Not certain, that Lewis is ever allowed to us "not aware" or "blind spot" an excuse Doh

Actually, it was a racing incident. My point is why did most of the media and the buffoon on the Beeb make out it was 100% Hamilton's fault

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 6 Oct - 18:03

I still do not understand how Kobayashi escaped a drive through for ending Hamilton's race in Spa or for causing an almighty accident in Monaco which affected 5 drivers.

Hamilton has made some silly mistakes but the stewarding decisions have been ridiculous this season.

Nice comments by Rubens.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down