The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's up with those sweaty Irish shirts?

+7
doctor_grey
disneychilly
Mickado
caoimhincentre
Cari
ME-109
MarcusHalberstram
11 posters

Go down

What's up with those sweaty Irish shirts? Empty What's up with those sweaty Irish shirts?

Post by MarcusHalberstram Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Okay – apologies if this has been covered (if so, just point me in the right direction), but what the hell is up with Ireland’s new shirts? Why is it that they appear to show up massive sweat/water patches after a while? Either the Irish players have all developed sweat gland disorders en masse, or I’m guessing the fabric is particularly sensitive to moisture – if this is the case, then surely it was a bit of an error to use it to make rugby shirts!?

Am I the only person who’s noticed this – by half time the Irish players all look like they’re wearing camouflage tops.

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

What's up with those sweaty Irish shirts? Empty Re: What's up with those sweaty Irish shirts?

Post by ME-109 Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Bored?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

What's up with those sweaty Irish shirts? Empty Re: What's up with those sweaty Irish shirts?

Post by Cari Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:03 pm

I love the Irish "disco" shirt - so called disco cause of the shiny panels on the player's pecks Very Happy

I think the sweaty look may be due to the shirts being much tighter these days and the material used.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:04 pm

players sweat while playing rugby?

Get out of town. Alert the media.

As Neil Francis would say.

"Poor"

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Shirts have been tight for ages - there's something up with the fabric Puma are using. Never seen it happen with any other shirts. Pretty amateur mistake on behalf of the shirt designers. Surely the only thing on the design brief was "must be green, stretchy and fairly resistant to moisture."

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Well at least the numbers stay on the back, and the shirts don't disintergrate when a player is tackled (unfortunately).

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:22 pm

If the shirt is wet, then that’s because it’s has moisture in it. if it’s wet on the outside then it’s brining moisture from the body to atmosphere. Surely that’s EXACTLY what a pro rugby shirt should do. If it’s wet then it means that heat transfer (via sweat) away from the body is efficient.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Have you guys felt the material? They actually feel like wetsuits.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:54 pm

feels more like a rain coat

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Mickado wrote:If the shirt is wet, then that’s because it’s has moisture in it. if it’s wet on the outside then it’s brining moisture from the body to atmosphere. Surely that’s EXACTLY what a pro rugby shirt should do. If it’s wet then it means that heat transfer (via sweat) away from the body is efficient.

Sure - but sports materials have been doing this for absolutely ages, and if they're doing it effectively then surely you shouldn't have (apparently random) patches of excess moisture building up all over the shirt. These shirts seem to draw moisture away from the body but then it gathers in parts of the material (and not just in traditionally "sweaty" places). I think Puma messed up.

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Mickado wrote:If the shirt is wet, then that’s because it’s has moisture in it. if it’s wet on the outside then it’s brining moisture from the body to atmosphere. Surely that’s EXACTLY what a pro rugby shirt should do. If it’s wet then it means that heat transfer (via sweat) away from the body is efficient.

Sure - but sports materials have been doing this for absolutely ages, and if they're doing it effectively then surely you shouldn't have (apparently random) patches of excess moisture building up all over the shirt. These shirts seem to draw moisture away from the body but then it gathers in parts of the material (and not just in traditionally "sweaty" places). I think Puma messed up.

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:21 pm

The Irish shirt doesn't look the right green any more either.

Humbug!

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 pm

caoimhincentre wrote:players sweat while playing rugby?

Get out of town. Alert the media.

As Neil Francis would say.

"Poor"
Neil Francis can't spell 'poor'. too many letters.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 pm

MarcusHalberstram wrote:

i dont really now what is fact from the above. The sweaty shirts being witnessed is probally more do with the fact that you can see it more based on the material used. If it was detrimental it would have been sorted ages ago!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Could it be just from water on the ground? as it seems to be patches in places like the shoulds were no one sweats alot and most players wear shoulder pads.

Just a thought
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Strange thing to be discussing but here we are nonetheless!

It looks to me like the shirts develop signs of moisture along the lines of the seams. It does look odd but the problem might be that the particular fabric/colour combination shows up the moisture build up because of the darkening of the colour when it is damp.

It does look a bit odd but, hayho!

I don't care what the shirts look like come 8am Saturday so long as the players wearing them are smiling!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, there are no sweaty socks to talk about anymore
Braveheart
drumroll

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:46 pm

notworthy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Okay,

Gradually getting over the disappointment and well done to Wales but, were we wearing different shirts today?

I know the damp staining around the seams was still there but did we have the hexagonal shiney bits on the front?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:35 am

MrsP wrote:Okay,

Gradually getting over the disappointment and well done to Wales but, were we wearing different shirts today?

I know the damp staining around the seams was still there but did we have the hexagonal shiney bits on the front?

Yes they weren't the "disco" shirt with the panels on the pecks. I miss them....they're my fave. Very Happy From a distance the irish shirts look almost velvety in texture. I'd be more than happy to go and check if that's right... Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down