The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinfield-Rugby's greatestever kicker

5 posters

Go down

Sinfield-Rugby's greatestever kicker Empty Sinfield-Rugby's greatestever kicker

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:07 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2046148/The-secrets-Kevin-Sinfield--rugbys-greatest-kicker.html
Read the article and see if you agree with Gary Hetherington.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Sinfield-Rugby's greatestever kicker Empty Re: Sinfield-Rugby's greatestever kicker

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:57 am

Think Darryl Halligan might have something to say about that. The man was a machine when it came to knocking the ball over. Never forget the way he knocked out Parramatta in 97 with not one, but two last gasp sideline conversions to win the match.

I attended an NZRL Academy kicking course a few years back, the tutors were Matthew Ridge (another dead eye dick), Marc Ellis (comic relief) and Gene Ngamu. Frank Endacott, at the time the NZ Warriors and NZ coach, gave a speech to us too. He told us a story of his first series as NZ coach against PNG in 1994. Darryl Halligan was practising his goal kicking from 30 mtrs out, right in front. The uprights had black and white sections going up (like a zebra) and Frank watched Darryl from a distance. He kept kicking the ball right into the black part of the left upright, time and time again. At this point Frank remarked to one of his trainers that NZ would be in trouble if Darryl can't kick it from in front, to which the trainer pointed out that Darryl was in fact aiming at that particular point on the post.

Amazing kicker.....

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Sinfield-Rugby's greatestever kicker Empty Re: Sinfield-Rugby's greatestever kicker

Post by Guest Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:57 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2046148/The-secrets-Kevin-Sinfield--rugbys-greatest-kicker.html
Read the article and see if you agree with Gary Hetherington.

Wow it must be true if it came from the Chief Executive of Leeds Rhinos!!!

He's a good kicker, but there are other's who would make the kicks he does. Just seems to be that Leeds regularly find themselves in that position. (usually due to a genrerous ref!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:22 pm

He is a great kicker no doubt but it's a hard one to call who was the greatest ever. Paul Anderson was 100% for Saint's, 1 from 1, and from the sideline Laugh
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:22 pm

Sinfield is a great kicker , very good under pressure dont think he gets the accolades he should ...hes not mentioned around man of steel time .

Wouldn't say he was the best , but then its hard to compare kickers without them taking the exact same kicks .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:06 pm

Frano Botica was the most consistant kicker I've ever seen and by a large margin too, but I still wouldn't be stupid enough to claim he was the greatest ever.
People who make that kind of a claim about anything (except Don Bradman being the best batsman ever) tend to be full of s***, as there is no way to compare things from different eras, especially if you've never even seen the long dead players who were the best of their own generations.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:18 am

One things for sure and that is at the moment he is light years ahead of any kicker in Super League when the pressure is on.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:36 am

Yeh he is great under pressure , you would want him or Pat Richards kicking for you .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down