The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread.

+41
Irish Curry
The Rakish Brigand
Knowsit17
dublin_dave
Cymroglan
radelven
Gibson
BATH_BTGOG
RDW
Taffineastbourne
mckay1402
faraway
lostinwales
glamorganalun
whocares
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Davie
littlejohn
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
dubh_linn
screamingaddabs
manofgwent
Fernando
R!skysports
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Cowshot
Ozzy3213
Taylorman
Cari
PJHolybloke
eirebilly
Breadvan
Portnoy
Pal Joey
flyhalffactory
Gatts
HammerofThunor
TheGreyGhost
Biltong
rodders
45 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread. - Page 9 Empty Ireland V Wales Match thread.

Post by rodders Sat 8 Oct - 5:57

First topic message reminder :

Ahhhhhh! I've never been so nervous before a match before! Come on Ireland!!! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread.

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 7:56

mystiroakey wrote:Childish by mystiroakey removed - KRD

Doh

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread.

Post by dubh_linn Sat 8 Oct - 7:57

Well done wales...gutted but you played great pressure rugby today took your chance s unlike ireland! and forced lot of errors...no complaints...good luck in the semi-final...i am going to kick the sh1t out of the garden now!

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 8 Oct - 7:57

I'm gutted ( Sad ) but I think knowing how strong Wales are makes the defeat easier to swallow. It was a game Wales won, rather than we lost.

Ireland have done themselves proud in this tournament I think. To come into this competition of the back of 4 losses and beat Australia and Italy in the manner they did was phenomenal and we gave everything tonight, even if we did make too many errors and wrong decisions.

This Welsh side have just grown and grown over the last few months. It was their time tonight and there's nothing we could do. They might be one of the lowest ranked of the Quarter Finalists but there's no doubt in may mind they are one of the strongest.

Leprechaun Wales
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 8 Oct - 7:58

I wish I could change my user name to Welsh Curry for the rest of the World Cup censored

At least I no longer have to support England now, Alle le Blue!!!
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 8 Oct - 7:58

Hard luck to the many irish posters here. Compared to the oz game cant understand the lack of intensity. Wales had it in spades.
Dont get that part.
Hard luck people. Just not your night.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 8 Oct - 7:58

Gatts wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:lol what a numpty on the tv- he says it doesnt matter who out of framnce or england wins- wales will get to the final- lol..

he is right

it's the right attitude to have. we don't care who we play because we'll beat them.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sat 8 Oct - 7:59

mystiroakey: well, unless Eng or France improve mightily indeed, we won't live with what Wales produced today. And you might give the Welsh a moment or two to enjoy a great win before being snippy.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 7:59

dubh_linn wrote:Well done wales...gutted but you played great pressure rugby today took your chance s unlike ireland! and forced lot of errors...no complaints...good luck in the semi-final...i am going to kick the sh1t out of the garden now!
clap

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:00

Cowshot wrote:mystiroakey: well, unless Eng or France improve mightily indeed, we won't live with what Wales produced today. And you might give the Welsh a moment or two to enjoy a great win before being snippy.

Thankyou Cowshot

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 8 Oct - 8:00

mckay1402 wrote:
Gatts wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:lol what a numpty on the tv- he says it doesnt matter who out of framnce or england wins- wales will get to the final- lol..

he is right

it's the right attitude to have. we don't care who we play because we'll beat them.

right and if they said that about england noone on here would post an article about the arrogance and bias of the english media would they

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat 8 Oct - 8:01

If Wales can play for 80 minutes as they did in the first five and last 10 minutes, then they'll be genuine contenders.

Well done.

Bad luck Ireland. I suspected that you may have played your final against Australia, and so it turned out to be.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 8 Oct - 8:01

Well played Wales clap

Expected Ireland to win, truth is it was never on for them. Good luck in the semis, hope we see you there.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 8 Oct - 8:02

[quote="Taylorman"]Hard luck to the many irish posters here. Compared to the oz game cant understand the lack of intensity. Wales had it in spades.
Dont get that part.
Hard luck people. Just not your night.[/quote]

We thought we were in a semi with England already I think, which would be odd for this Ireland team given their experience but its the only reason I can think of.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 8 Oct - 8:02

mckay1402 wrote:I would have said Phillips. I thought he was awesome all over the park. Got the backs going well and made all the right decisions.

Yeah he's back to his best isn't he. He gave young Murray a real lesson tonight.

Ireland have a lot of young guys that will learn from this too. It's the end of the road for ROG, DOC, D'arcy, BOD, O'Connell, at least in WC terms but the likes of Murray, Sexton, Earls, Kearney, Bowe, O'Brien, Ferris, Healy and co will form the core of our side in 2015 I'm sure.

The future is bright even if the present is a tough time Sad
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 8 Oct - 8:02

the guy got over exited - he is a numpty. you have got to a semi- well done- to me it looks like he has a bit more than a semi!

and gatts learn abit of grace.

i think you played brilliantly- but theys alot to be said for winning gracefully

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:03

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:
Gatts wrote:

he is right

right and if they said that about england noone on here would post an article about the arrogance and bias of the english media would they

really, are you really going to put that tired old argument out there right now. ffs can't you let us have a moment of being arrogant or have you cornered the entire market?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:04

mystiroakey wrote:the guy got over exited - he is a numpty. you have got to a semi- well done- to me it looks like he has a bit more than a semi!

and gatts learn abit of grace.

i think you played brilliantly- but theys alot to be said for winning gracefully

? please translate

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sat 8 Oct - 8:04

He also said Wales and New Zealand ware the form teams of the World Cup, completely forgetting about South Africa, who beat Wales and topped the pool.

I wouldn't like to be on these boards had the games switched around, England won and someone like Dallaglio had said it doesn't matter who England face, they should make the final. No analysis of prospective opponents, just dismiss the two NH teams with the best Rugby World Cup records, both of whom have beaten Wales this year (England twice to Wales' one victory, and France winning by almost 20 points in the Six Nations). Unjustified arrogance.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 8 Oct - 8:04

Come on guys cut out the petty arguments there is no need for it.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 8 Oct - 8:04

Gatts wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:
Gatts wrote:

he is right

really, are you really going to put that tired old argument out there right now. ffs can't you let us have a moment of being arrogant or have you cornered the entire market?

cant you let us have our moment of whinging, self pity and jealousy or have you cornered the entire market Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:06

Gatts wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:
Gatts wrote:

he is right

cant you let us have our moment of whinging, self pity and jealousy or have you cornered the entire market Whistle

ah!!! a contender. touche. you haven't lost yet

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 8 Oct - 8:07

Gatts wrote:
Gatts wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:
Gatts wrote:

he is right

ah!!! a contender. touche. you haven't lost yet

Im more concerned with who England will be facing in the final anyway Hug

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:08

pride comes before a .....oops

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 8 Oct - 8:09

Gatts wrote:That JD2 he is awesome

HAHAHAHAHA ..... well done Gatts old pal Very Happy
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 8 Oct - 8:10

TheGreyGhost wrote:Bad luck Ireland. I suspected that you may have played your final against Australia, and so it turned out to be.

Yeah I don't know. No excuses. I think Wales had an easy couple of weeks to recover from their two tough opener whereas as we really started our knock out rugby last weekend against Italy. Wales were bristling with energy whereas our guys looked pretty shot at times. Mental fatigue may have had a factor in the Irish performance.

The reality is that Wales were better in every aspect of the game. I think we made a mistake picking ROG to start. It played right into Welsh hands and our midfield just couldn't deal with Robert, Davies and North. They dominated the collisions and they were just so composed and organised.

Halfpenny was faultless at the back too so we weren't really able to break them down, except when the game broke up a bit. It was a superb Wales performance against a strong and experienced Irish side.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat 8 Oct - 8:10

Amazing how some of the English lads feel they have to get in and have a dig at Wales even after they've just convinvingly made the semis with a good performance. Maybe a few nerves showing?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 8 Oct - 8:11

And you don't really need to be fanning the flames of an Anglo-Welsh WUM-fest either GG.

Give it a rest please.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:12

flyhalffactory wrote:
Gatts wrote:That JD2 he is awesome

HAHAHAHAHA ..... well done Gatts old pal Very Happy

Yahoo quick to forgive

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by J_D Sat 8 Oct - 8:12

Come onnnnnnnnnnnn Very Happy Ale Ale
unlucky Ireland

J_D

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 8 Oct - 8:12

What a wonderful feeling...!

Well done Ireland. Very sad to see the Irish go out too early.

A great team who everyone has to give the maximum respect to.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Oct - 8:12

GG, let's just not go there eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat 8 Oct - 8:13

Sorry Oz. I need to go work on my Kissinger skills.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:13

Ozzy3213 wrote:And you don't really need to be fanning the flames of an Anglo-Welsh WUM-fest either GG.

Give it a rest please.

well wouldn't it be nice if you did the job for him MOD? Blatant WUMMING left unchecked and he points it out and you pull him up!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 8 Oct - 8:13

Gatts wrote:God i wish i was in cardiff right now

Why? It's dead quiet unless the pubs are heaving...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 8 Oct - 8:14

Gatts, relax mate. Enjoy your victory, no need to bite, Wales are in the SF. guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 8 Oct - 8:15

roddersm wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:Bad luck Ireland. I suspected that you may have played your final against Australia, and so it turned out to be.

Yeah I don't know. No excuses. I think Wales had an easy couple of weeks to recover from their two tough opener whereas as we really started our knock out rugby last weekend against Italy. Wales were bristling with energy whereas our guys looked pretty shot at times. Mental fatigue may have had a factor in the Irish performance.

Wales were playing knock out rugby every game mate...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:15

roddersm wrote:Gatts, relax mate. Enjoy your victory, no need to bite, Wales are in the SF. guinness
Sorry

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 8 Oct - 8:15

Oh Ireland Hug I honestly thought you would win that. I wasn't prepared for a Welsh win....think I'm in shock.

I'm more than happy to offer comfort to Tommy when he comes back to Ospreylia Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Oct - 8:16

Cari wrote:Oh Ireland Hug I honestly thought you would win that. I wasn't prepared for a Welsh win....think I'm in shock.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 8 Oct - 8:17

TheGreyGhost wrote:Amazing how some of the English lads feel they have to get in and have a dig at Wales even after they've just convinvingly made the semis with a good performance. Maybe a few nerves showing?

we are nervous gg. not having a pop at the welsh just some numpty commentator that needs to contain his exitement.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 8 Oct - 8:17

TheGreyGhost wrote:Amazing how some of the English lads feel they have to get in and have a dig at Wales even after they've just convinvingly made the semis with a good performance. Maybe a few nerves showing?

file under obvious chummy banter

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 8 Oct - 8:17

TheGreyGhost wrote:Amazing how some of the English lads feel they have to get in and have a dig at Wales even after they've just convinvingly made
the semis with a good performance. Maybe a few nerves showing?

More than likely...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 8 Oct - 8:18

Gatts, seriously man, chill out a bit.

There's been banter, but nothing out of order. If there was, myself or one of the many mods/admins who have been on would have dealt with it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat 8 Oct - 8:19

Wow. The snapper do bite early.

I encourage everyone to indulge in 10 minutes of zen like yoga deep breathing action before it kicks off again (Eng v Fra, I mean)

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 8 Oct - 8:19

im happy with a wales win, i bet my mortgage on them with my irish-pakistani bookmaker Whistle

joking aside it does appear that on their day wales have beaten somebody, why cant ireland try every game feckers

(oh and well done the welsh )

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 8 Oct - 8:20

maestegmafia wrote:
roddersm wrote:

Wales were playing knock out rugby every game mate...!

Yeah not really. Once they beat Samoa they were always going to qualify. Look I'm not making excuses, Wales were the better side by a distance but I the game against Italy may have been a reason some of the Irish guys weren't at the races, partularly Healy and Ross who've put in 2 or 3 huge performances already.

Thats not the reason we lost though. Wales were just too strong in key area's and played a smarter and better game and we couldn't deal with it.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Sat 8 Oct - 8:20

Forget England v France.
Wales v Ireland is on ITV +1. only an hour gone. I wonder what happens next!!!!

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:21

TheGreyGhost wrote:Wow. The snapper do bite early.

I encourage everyone to indulge in 10 minutes of zen like yoga deep breathing action before it kicks off again (Eng v Fra, I mean)

feel free to hold your breath for a lot longer than 10 minutes Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 8 Oct - 8:21

Manofgwent - ha! You shouldn't have logged on here! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 8 Oct - 8:25

Ozzy3213 wrote:Gatts, seriously man, chill out a bit.

There's been banter, but nothing out of order. If there was, myself or one of the many mods/admins who have been on would have dealt with it.

you are amazing ldc pete, i love the way you deal with wum clap

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next