The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should they Stay or Should They Go?

2 posters

Go down

Should they Stay or Should They Go? Empty Should they Stay or Should They Go?

Post by LondonTiger Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:45 pm

For England, the World Cup is over and it is time to look towards 2015. On that note here is my guide as to who should stay and who should go:

Front Row

Dan Cole and Alex Corbisiero should serve us well until past 2015 - Definitely stay.
David Wilson - valuable squad member - stay
Matt stevens - struggled on the loosehead, but covers both sides - stay for a bit at least
Andrew Sheridan - permanently injured and should be given his gold watch - Go

Dylan Hartley - needs to take a long hard look at himself in the mirror. Hopefully he will not like what he sees and works on his attitude - Stay
Steve Thomson & Lee Mears - Time for both to Go. Thomson should be thanked for his efforts and service, Mears for all the laughs he gave us (He is a HOOKER?)

Second Row
Lawes returns with a much reduced reputation. I am sure he will put in the hard work to rebuild it. Stay
Deacon and Shaw - time to be pensioned off. Go
Palmer - Difficult. With the lack of experience in this area, he is perhaps the one exception to the "Not selecting outside England rule" Stay for a bit - if not till 2015

Back Row
Tom Croft - We need to find a balanced back row. Personally I feel we should start with Croft and build it round him. Stay
Tom Wood - He is really a direct competitor with Tom Croft. can they both play? No idea but should stay in the squad.
Haskell - On his way to Japan. Gone lets see when he returns.
Moody/Easter - Bye guys, thanks and all that. Go

Half Backs
Ben Youngs & Joe Simpson -- Along with Danny Care this trio could serve us well. Hopefully one of them will take the big stride forward that we need. Stay
Toby Flood -- Short of a prodigal return for Danny Cipriani, probably the England 10 for the next 4 years. Stay

Wigglesworth - A really good club player, but not quite international quality. Not young so time to go
Wilkinson - Poor tournament. Never as good as his fans claimed, nowhere near as bad as his detractors make out. Thanks Jonny. Go.

Centres/Wings/FB

Manu Tuilagi - The future of Englands back play. Stay
Tindall - I have always thought of him as a poor mans Stirling Mortlock. Great servant - time to go live upstairs with wifey (if she'll forgive you) Go
Hape - Go
Banahan - one run against France does not make him international quality. Go
Cueto - Pace has gone, so should he. Go.
Ashton - there is something there, but he could do with tempering his arrogance . Stay
Armitage/Foden - Both have promised more than they deliver. Lets give them a chance to shine - but not on the wing eh? Stay

Coaches

Johnno - has made mistakes, but so did SCW in the run-up and during his first WC campaign. Not just because there is a lack of credible alternatives, I say stay .
John Wells - Go
Brian Smith - Go
Mike Ford - ambivalent, stay?
Graham Rowntree - Maybe stay

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Should they Stay or Should They Go? Empty Re: Should they Stay or Should They Go?

Post by gavstar Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

I see you have 10 to go, could be 11 if jonno's press conference is about his departure Run

gavstar

Back to top Go down