The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St Helens do they need a STAR player ?

4 posters

Go down

St Helens do they need a STAR player ? Empty St Helens do they need a STAR player ?

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:49 pm

After a great game of rugby league last night Leeds proved just to strong for St Helens who have now lost the last 5 Grand finals .

St's have been in the last 6 finals beating Hull FC in 2006 , St's team that day included Jamie Lyon , Kieron Cunnungham , Sean Long , Leon Pryce and Maurie Fa'asavalu (off the bench) , all game changing players .

My question is while St's have some fantastic young players coming through , should they bring in a STAR player or two ? i know they are bringing in some new players next season but are any of them going to prove the difference between getting to the Grand Final and actually winning it ?
Do they need a new Jamie Lyon or Maurie Fa'asavalu ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

St Helens do they need a STAR player ? Empty Re: St Helens do they need a STAR player ?

Post by Luke Sun 09 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

Lance Hohaia could be the difference next season, adding that bit of experince in the middle of the park, with Roby.
Graham leaving is a big blow, and will leave a whole in the front row.
But in reality who are the big stars out of contract that could come to Saints.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

St Helens do they need a STAR player ? Empty Re: St Helens do they need a STAR player ?

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:15 pm

I agree all the free agents are signed up , i just think St's should BUY someone . I know transfer fees are rare nowadays but it would show some intent if the went out and bought a star .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

I know what you mean, when Wigan were top during the late 80's/early 90's, and every season they would buy someone in that just made you think oh s***, Wigan again, ie Andy Platt, Gary Connelly, Martin Offiah etc.
I personally think that Saints need a few players, and while Shenton, & Scarsbrook are good players, they are not the type of players that make you jump up.
I was talking to a Leeds fan at work today, and he just thinks that they own Saints in major finals. Though intresting enough he thinks the same about Wellens as i did about Briscoe. Great solid players, defend the line like there lives depended on it. great support players, but a lack of pace that effects there sides attacking play, maybe thats were they should look for a Slater type signing, and front row.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 4:28 am

With all the young talent that Saints have i think they will have a few star players in the not too distant future.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:45 pm

I just think going out and buying a true star player would give them such a boost . They have some real prospects coming through Lomax is going to be a great player but they need help to take that next step
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:06 pm

They have Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, and Hohia on board for next season but I think they will miss Graham big time.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down