The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

+54
TRUSSMAN66
Celtic Warrior
Sir. badgerhands
dancingweeman
HitmanOwl
Grizzly
Kay Fabe
hodge
azania
d260005p
Mat
TechInept
amritia3ee
monzon
Ent
johnson2
compelling and rich
Josiah Maiestas
trottb
Gregers
beninho
Beer
dyrewolfe
hampo17
liverbnz
HERSH
LivinginItaly
Diggers
Ayrshirebhoy
slyadams
Fernando
spencerclarke
Irish Curry
braveheart101
FIFA Diva
ReallyReal
President Trump
marty2086
theundisputedY2D2
jro786
Soldier_Of_Fortune
dondelero
Davie
steveo1986
Atila
The Special Juan
ADMIN
Kenny
dublfcynwa
John Cregan
User Name
Crimey
JDandfries
AberdeenSteve
58 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 12 Empty Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

First topic message reminder :

The Football Association says it will investigate claims from Manchester United defender Patrice Evra that he was racially abused by Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.

Evra says the incident occurred in Saturday's 1-1 draw between the teams.

A Liverpool spokesman said Suarez "categorically denied" the allegation.

An FA statement read: "Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and has reported this to the FA."

It added: "The FA will now begin making enquiries into the matter."

Evra was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see him [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

Source: BBC Sport Football

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 12 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by d260005p Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Why you arguing a toss then?

Get over it

I actually stated about 2 weeks ago for everyone (namely you fans) to "Get over it". But here we are still going on about it.

Interesting.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 12 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by jro786 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:44 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Firstly it wasn't a blatant lie; he misunderstood the meaning, thats different from contradicting yourself.
Secondly Suarez told Evra in the heat of the moment, 'I fouled you because you were black,... I don't talk to blacks...dale negro (blackie) x5.

really

then you are contradicting yourself, what about glenn johnson and 60% of ajax's first team?
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:28 pm

d260005p wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Why you arguing a toss then?

Get over it

I actually stated about 2 weeks ago for everyone (namely you fans) to "Get over it". But here we are still going on about it.

Interesting.

Well you know the "truth". Dont think you going to convince us 'cretins' over wise. We are always going to back our players and team in the same way most fans would if it involved a player in there team, ‘Swings and round-a-bouts’.

Think most people are having a field day cos it involves Liverpool. It will be interesting to see this sort of debate and reaction when the Terry case hits the headlines again.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm

What a bunch of babies.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:35 pm

jro786 wrote:
amritia3ee wrote:Firstly it wasn't a blatant lie; he misunderstood the meaning, thats different from contradicting yourself.
Secondly Suarez told Evra in the heat of the moment, 'I fouled you because you were black,... I don't talk to blacks...dale negro (blackie) x5.

really

then you are contradicting yourself, what about glenn johnson and 60% of ajax's first team?

errm, there's some big holes in your logic there. According to Evra, Suarez was contradicting himself. Which is entirely possible in the heat of the moment.

For what it's worth, I'm not much of a football fan (rugby and cricket are my games), but Liverpool are a team I have a soft spot for.

Personally I don't know if Suarez is racist or not - I don't know the man. But speaking as a foreigner living in the UK you learn fairly quickly there are some words you don't use (there are several words used in day-to-day New Zealand English that are not considered offensive that I wouldn't dream of using any more because they are offensive here). So he is guilty of stupidity if nothing else - and personally I have no problem with stupidity being punished, it helps encourage people to act smarter. And if Liverpool had actred a bit smarter after the incident, odds are they'd have come out looking a bit better (and potentially Suarez would have had a shorter ban).

On a much lighter note, I see you mentioned hitler in a post on this thread yesterday jro. So I'm afraid by Godwin's Law* you've lost the argument Wink

... For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law. ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm

I'll give a brief run down of the actions of Liverpool fans.

1. Suarez is charged with making racist remarks.
2. Liverpool fans say that Evra has previous of moaning, Suarez is innocent and his hearing will clear him completely.
3. Suarez is charged, Liverpool fans boot off protesting he is innocent and will review to FA's finding to prove it.
4. Report comes out with damning evidence against Suarez. Liverpool fans, inspite of the evidence, protest his is innocent despite his admission of using offensive words.
5. Liverpool decide appealing is a bad idea. The fans point to unknown evidence which would clear Suarez.
6. Suarez is the victim of an FA vendetta and has done nothing wrong.

Essentially the Liverpool fans are saying is they would respect the FA's finding if he was innocent, but because he is guilty it is a load of nonsense.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

A few of points I'd like to add:

1. In the grand scheme of things, Suarez comments are a drop in the ocean compared to what I hear EVERY time I walk down a street, some comments are directed at me because I have a beard, others are just comments I overhear and I also hear far worse than anything he said in any pub or on any terrace too.

2. Whatever anyone claims, a few words, no matter how aggressively they're directed, are still not worthy of a punishment twice as strong as any given out for deliberate dirty play and we've all seen numerous incidents where players have deliberately set out to injure an opponent.
Kicks and stamps can break my bones, but words will never hurt me (sorry about that crass bastardisation of a well known kids chant, but the sentiment is 100% true)

3. Surely Diane Abbotts comments were far worse, she tarred EVERY white man with the same brush rather than singling out someone for her insult, yet seemingly an appology is enough to get an MP off (and she has previous too), yet a footballer misses a fifth of a season.

4. Suarez deserves to be punished, but this case has shown yet again that the FA aren't fit to run anything bigger than a jmble sale, they ban a player without even giving him or his club the full details of the decision they reached (obviously most details are now in the public domain, but they weren't when the FA first told Suarez/Liverpool he was banned).
They let Evra off scot free, he clearly doesn't deserve as harsh a punishment as Suarez, but the FA have effectively stated that only insulting language that mentions skin colour is worthy of a ban, anything else said is no more than banter.
Everyone on earth who can be bothered to look has seen what Terry said, yet the FA won't act until the CPS finish with him, allowing somone we all know has used racist insults to play on, this isn't quite hypocrisy, but it does show that the FAs moral compass doesn't work properly and they'll do their utmost to single one player out in the hope it distracts from their ineptitude in dealing with others who break the rules.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:01 pm

Guys please cut out the name calling there is no need to called someone a "cretin" or any other names, It's offensive and deplorable and you should be ashamed of yourselves for using it on a public forum, If you continue to make comments like these the thread will be locked or action may be taken against your account.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:01 pm

fernando wrote:Guys please cut out the name calling there is no need to called someone a "cretin" or any other names, It's offensive and deplorable and you should be ashamed of yourselves for using it on a public forum, If you continue to make comments like these the thread will be locked or action may be taken against your account.

thanks fernando

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:20 pm

I think because the CPS have charged Terry it prevents the FA doing anything until after it has gone to court incase their decision affects or influences the court case.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:13 pm

d260005p wrote:
Liverpool and Suarez have not appealed, and they have handled it in absolute disgust.
The reason that Liverpool have not appealed is because any appeal would be conducted in the same way and the original decision cannot be overturned. The only thing that can happen from an appeal is Suarez's ban and/or fine could be reduced or increased but not totally revoked.
Hopefully we can now all accept we have different opinions.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:20 pm

ReallyReal wrote:A few of points I'd like to add:

1. In the grand scheme of things, Suarez comments are a drop in the ocean compared to what I hear EVERY time I walk down a street, some comments are directed at me because I have a beard, others are just comments I overhear and I also hear far worse than anything he said in any pub or on any terrace too.

2. Whatever anyone claims, a few words, no matter how aggressively they're directed, are still not worthy of a punishment twice as strong as any given out for deliberate dirty play and we've all seen numerous incidents where players have deliberately set out to injure an opponent.
Kicks and stamps can break my bones, but words will never hurt me (sorry about that crass bastardisation of a well known kids chant, but the sentiment is 100% true)

3. Surely Diane Abbotts comments were far worse, she tarred EVERY white man with the same brush rather than singling out someone for her insult, yet seemingly an appology is enough to get an MP off (and she has previous too), yet a footballer misses a fifth of a season.

4. Suarez deserves to be punished, but this case has shown yet again that the FA aren't fit to run anything bigger than a jmble sale, they ban a player without even giving him or his club the full details of the decision they reached (obviously most details are now in the public domain, but they weren't when the FA first told Suarez/Liverpool he was banned).
They let Evra off scot free, he clearly doesn't deserve as harsh a punishment as Suarez, but the FA have effectively stated that only insulting language that mentions skin colour is worthy of a ban, anything else said is no more than banter.
Everyone on earth who can be bothered to look has seen what Terry said, yet the FA won't act until the CPS finish with him, allowing somone we all know has used racist insults to play on, this isn't quite hypocrisy, but it does show that the FAs moral compass doesn't work properly and they'll do their utmost to single one player out in the hope it distracts from their ineptitude in dealing with others who break the rules.

Excellent post.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:48 pm

As a Utd fan as well I'd like to so show my disapproval at my own club for reportedly deciding to turn down Liverpools request for 'peace' talks, both clubs seriously need to work together in addressing the increased animosity between them before they turn into an English version of the Old Firm.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

What peace talks? Hero this is blatent sucking up by them, why did Liverpool have to go through the media why couldn't have gone directly to Man Utd and making it massive issue.

They only want to make themselves look good infront of the media after the way they behaved during and after the race row.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

Even if it is one big publicity stunt there are serious divisions now between the clubs and they do need to look at resolving it.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:33 pm

It was reported at lunchtime that Liverpool wanted these talks held at Anfield but Sir Alex said they should be at Old Trafford. Now the story has changed and Sir Alex only heard through the media. You would think the media would make sure the correct details were used in any online report.
Personally I think after everything that has happened any talks should take place in the press conference at Old Trafford the evening before they play on Feb 11th.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

not sure if its been posted or not but did anyone see the Evra video that was knocking about yesterday?

warning - it contains some strong language!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iCVRuqbkJo

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:42 pm

I've seen that and not sure what to make of it. According to some people the n word has a different meaning and is acceptable when used between 2 or more coloured people (it apparently means 'brother' 'family' or 'blood')

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

even the fans are getting into trouble now

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:18 pm

More allegations this evening following the Oldham game.
I've no idea whether there's any substance to these new claims but I can't help thinking that LFC have brought this on themselves, a very swift 'we deplore what Suarez said and as a club fully support the kick out racism campaign etc etc etc, but the stance they've taken they've invited more and more questioning, there may well be nothing in it but controversy will surround the club for a while yet simply because of their responce to the Suarez incident....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:37 pm

my mate works as a steward at Anfield and the only person that has heard his skin colour is the player himself and he asked for the fans to be dealt with, witnesses have said he called him a manc b@stard

(mates an Evertonian as well so highly doubt he would defend a Liverpool fan)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 07 Jan 2012, 2:21 am

Macclads wrote:As a Utd fan as well I'd like to so show my disapproval at my own club for reportedly deciding to turn down Liverpools request for 'peace' talks, both clubs seriously need to work together in addressing the increased animosity between them before they turn into an English version of the Old Firm.

Whoaasa, hold it a minute guv'nor, "before the turn into the English version of the Old Firm" really?

I've been to four Pool/Utd games, all at Anfield, sat with the home fans 3 times and in the away end once, I've also mixed with borth sets of fans quite a lot over the years thanks to various Testimonials and European ties we've been involved in, I'd say the level of hate displayed between both sets of fans and that of Celtic and Rangers is every bit as strong although what I find more disturbing is how joyful you see some fans when mocking Munich/Hillsborough or various other tragedies both clubs have dealt with

Celtic and Rangers fans go on about a war that occured in Ireland hundreds of years ago, while I don't find what either side sing about enthralling, entertaining or in thisd day and age acceptable, however, I find it hard to be emotionally involved when I hear Rangers fans sing disparaging words about Irish Hunger strikers from the 70s and 80s, what I would find emotionally hurtful though is hearing our rivals mock a tragedy like Munich/Hysel/Hillsborough, Rangers have had two big 'disasters' at Ibrox in the 20th Century and I'd be appalled if any Celtic fans openly mocked eother of those, particularly the later one in 1971 when it occured against Celtic and the then Celtic manager helped the injured and the dying on the running track

The Scottish media like to portray the Old Firm as some kind of hostile battle field, we're all suppose to hate each other and have little to know time for anyone of a different persusion, that's just hyperbole nonesense though built by a corrupt media who realise that without that stigma they'd have nothing to flog

Some people lost the plot last season but the media have to take a long look at themselves here as well, Celtic played Rangers SEVEN times, that was an unprecidented figure, i6 of those where in the space of 4 months, it gave both clubs very little time to actually take any heat out of situations, if something happened at one game it was still pretty fresh by the time the next game came along, great example was a Scottish Cup game at Ibrox, Rangers 2-2 Celtic, both teams reduced to 10 men, one was a dive and one was a professional foul, great clean game with a couple of absolute belters of goals, the papers the next day labeled it "tame" and seemingly forgot about the rest, it was not an Old Firm game, just a Tame wee kick about, after the replay, Rangers got 3 red cards and Lennon and McCoist had a wee dispute, the next day the media use words like "Demolition Derby" "Embarrassment" "Scandals" and they wanted the police and the Goverment to get involved which they inexplicably did

Neil Lennon due to a couple of imbeciles had bullets and (I think it was a fake) parcel bomb addressed to him which got intercepted, that however is for me down to the complete trash the media produce, they paint the Old Firm in such a terrible light that some half baked numbskulls will inevitably take it to far but the hyperboile regarding Celtic and Rangers is unbelievable

That Old Firm game last year that got the Government involved was nothing compared to how Liverpool and Man Utd acted at Anfield a few days later (Kuyt hat trick) yet we're perceived to be so much worse

As for "peace talks"...I think Alex Ferguson has been quite right here, at the end of the day, like him or not, his player has been officially seen as the victim in all of this yet Liverpool have been playing this out in the media, even letting it be known that they want peace talks, Ferguson feels that all of this should be done behind closed doors and not to be seen as some cheap publicity stunt and to be honest, I agree wholeheartedly, something I'm not used to doing.

Going back to the Old Firm for a moment, last week Celtic beat Rangers 1-0, Rangers had a goal disallowed at 0-0, TV evidence would suggest it was in, then later in the game a Rangers sub who is just on the pitch brutally hatchets a Celtic player, he should have walked but he didn't, anyway, after the game McCoist doesn't go on about the disallowed goal and says it's almost impossible to give while Lennon refuses to stir up any bad feeling regarding the tackle, he was also quick to defend a Rangers player who went into a challenge with a Celtic player and ruling him out for possibly four months

Despite how the media want to portray these two guys and the kind of loaded questions that where asked, I thought they handled the situation brilliantly and their take on certain incidents instantly defuse any kind of potential situation

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 07 Jan 2012, 2:22 am

Laugh whadda rant

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:31 am

It was on SSN this morning that no arrests made last night in connection to racial abuse.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12