The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG Results (SPOILERS)

+6
Mr H
Mark_Seven
theundisputedY2D2
Celtic Warrior
TwisT
Korankye88
10 posters

Go down

BFG Results (SPOILERS) Empty BFG Results (SPOILERS)

Post by Korankye88 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:27 am

Quick Results from the Pay-Per-View:

World Tag Team Championship: Mexican America def. Ink, Inc.
X Division Championship: Aries def. Kendrick
Full Metal Mayhem: Rob Van Dam def. Jerry Lynn
Triple Threat Match: Crimson Def. Matt Morgan and Samoa Joe
Falls Count Anywhere: Mr. Anderson def. Bully Ray
Knockouts Championship: Velvet Sky Def. Winter, Mickie James and Madison Rayne
I Quit Match: AJ Styles forced Christopher Daniels to say “I Quit”
Jeff Hardy and Jeff Jarrett fought in the ring after Jarrett called Hardy out
Sting Def. Hulk Hogan to gain control of the company
TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Kurt Angle Def. Bobby Roode
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

BFG Results (SPOILERS) Empty Re: BFG Results (SPOILERS)

Post by TwisT Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

Is that the end of the Roode push? I didn't watch the Pay-Per-View, but hopefully Roode held his own against Angle and was able to look like a credible contender. I would hate it if Hogan's comments (mentioned on previous thread) are true and Angle destroyed him.

Sting defeats Hogan for control of company? Expect BIG changes then Rolling Eyes

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:40 am

Hogan then turned face by helping Sting clear the ring of Immortal who came down to beat Sting senseless.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:50 am

Yay! TNA's newest babyface sensation is Hulk Hogan! Doh

Shouldn't be surprised that they ended up shafting Bobby Roode, even though it was a 'screwy' finish, but after they built him up so well I thought they'd do the right thing and give him the ball to run with.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:59 am

I was disappointed too after Roode lost but thinking about it, with Sting winning the company back for Dixie Carter (didn't expect Hogan to tap!) you have to keep the belt in Immortal in order to further the storyline. Roode will get a rematch because of the screwy finish and with Hogan and Sting behind him (in their effort to get the belt back from Immortal to end the faction I'd assume) I would imagine his title win isn't too far away. Also, losing (being cheated) at the first attempt is another way to get Roode more support in his quest and Angle can use it to attempt to get more heat as a heel as he is in the same boat as Hogan in that he stuggles to turn the crowd against him as he is so loved and respected.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 17 Oct 2011, 1:15 pm

Picture this.

Imagine the winner of the Royal Rumble was CM Punk. He was being pushed to the moon, the fans were hugely into him, he was hot as hell and was facing WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio at Wrestlemania.

A week prior to the match, Triple H buries CM Punk in an interview, saying he isnt the guy to take the company forward and that Punk isnt the kind of guy who should be main eventing Mania. (Now this may be taken as kayfabe after Punk being the anti-hero and HHH being a company guy and their on-screen history, but no one really knows for sure if HHH actually meant it).

The match at Mania sees Del Rio retain the title although Punk had his foot on the rope.

Regardless of what may happen in the future and if Punk does eventually go on to win the title. The fact is, Punk wasnt allowed to go over at the biggest PPV of the year.

What would people be saying about HHH the day after Mania for his comments?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 1:23 pm

Mr H - the internet would go into meltdown if that happened mate!

If TNA absolutely HAD to go with Bobby Roode losing - and for the life of me I can't think why they would after the build up they gave him - it would have been better if he'd lost a really close fought match cleanly.

The screwy finish just kills all his momentum in my view.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:07 pm

Some good news to come out of Bound for Glory:

Source: PWInsider.com

Sunday at Bound for Glory, Bobby Roode failed in his attempt to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship when he was pinned by Kurt Angle, after the referee failed to notice his arm under the ropes or Angle using the ropes for leverage.

TNA had originally planned for Roode to defeat Angle for the belt. Hulk Hogan, however, lobbied to have the finish changed since he felt that the former Team Canada member wasn't ready for a run with the title.

Between that and his war of words with AJ Styles in the last few days, there was a lot of resentment towards Hogan among the long time employees. Especially since Hogan was criticizing Styles on Twitter when it was known that he had missed Saturday's Fan Interaction event due to a death in his family.

(Source: f4wonline.com)

- In the days leading up to Sunday's Bound For Glory pay-per-view, Bobby Roode was scheduled to win the TNA World heavyweight title. Despite Kurt Angle being injured and all the hype that went into this being Bobby Roode's time - Roode got screwed.

Some people are expecting Bobby Roode to win the TNA title in the coming weeks (at the next PPV or on an episode of Impact) - while others think that the company is eager to Jeff Hardy.

- Sting defeated Hulk Hogan by submission at Bound For Glory - and the rivals joined forces after the match to fend off a beatdown several heels. With Hogan and Sting working together at Bound For Glory, there has been talk of them teaming up together at a future pay-per-view in a match against Ric Flair and a partner.

- TNA had about 2,500 paid fans at Bound For Glory, which is considered a major disappointment. The was heavily "papered" - with many fans receiving free tickets to the event at the last minute to fill up the crowd.

Or not....

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:17 pm

So basically, the BFG series was a complete waste of time then?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:36 am

I wouldn't say the BFG series was a complete waste of time Mr H, at least they gave the win to someone who was still on the roster and had a contract.

As far as I'm concerned, that's progress for TNA.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:42 pm

They gave away free tickets to their Wrestlemania?

Was it still in their tiny pissant venue in Orlando too? Laugh

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:52 pm

It was in Philly, it's a shame, as Wrestling fans you really want to see TNA succeed but there is so many stupid big decisions

Hogan turned heel a year ago, in that time the only face he put over was Sting, that took him a year and he immediately turns face, an absolute waste of a year.

The only guy who came close to becoming a main event player out of this was Bobby Roode and he's been royally shafted, Roode could still get the title but will it ever mean as much as it would have at BFG? Doubtful

I don't blame Hogan, the blame lies at the feet of Dixie Carter and people who advise here

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 8:20 pm

Mr H wrote:So basically, the BFG series was a complete waste of time then?

TNA is a complete waste of time. This was quite poor considering it's the highlight of the year. Especially in comparison to mania. Your guaranteed at least 2 or 3 wrestle mania moments with wwe, the only thing people will talk about this after years involves hulk hogan, a guy who was making mania moments before TNA even existed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011, 9:13 pm

It's pretty hard to argue with that view point

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:53 am

Considering this was the companys marquee event the set look appauling, worse than an impact taping.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:03 am

I would rather they stripped it down completely, no ramps, crap pyro, no trons, make the isles far more narrow and intmate so the crowd feels on top of the wrestlers

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:44 am

Vince Russo probably has more friends on facebook than people at that event

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down