The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw Results (Contains Spoilers)

+9
RinoGattuso
HitmanOwl
Mr H
Mr Video Man
x12x
Adam D
Ché Guerrero
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
13 posters

Go down

Raw Results (Contains Spoilers) Empty Raw Results (Contains Spoilers)

Post by Fernando Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:55 pm

Raw kicks off with Paul Heyman coming out, repping for Brock Lesnar. Big ECW chants for Lesnar. Heyman says Triple H is not at Raw tonight, and he is going to read an email to the live crowd that he received from Triple H.

Triple H's music hits, and he is in fact at Raw. Big pop for HHH, but surprisingly not as big as the one JBL received.

Triple H accepts Brock Lesnar's Extreme Rules match challenge, then Pedigrees Paul Heyman!

It's show on the Titan Tron that Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler will take place on Raw tonight.

-Antonio Cesaro vs R-Truth is up next.

Truth defeats Cesaro in a pretty quick match.

Tons of Funk is out next, and the match is Brodus Clay vs Damien Sandow.

A stipulation was added to Jericho vs Ziggler. If Jericho wins, the World Title match at Extreme Rules becomes a Fatal Four Way match with Jericho included.

Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho fought in a very long match, in which Jericho kicked out of the Fame Asser. Jericho locked in the Walls of Jericho and then Fandango's music hit. There is no sign of Fandango, but the crowd popped massively for him. Ziggler hit the Zig Zag as Jericho was distracted to pick up the victory.

Tensai defeated Cody Rhodes when he hit a big splash.

Ryback appears on the screen and gets a mixed reaction from the crowd. Ryback talks about John Cena and how people just do not understand. It sounds like he wants Mick Foley for later tonight.

-Out comes Big E Langston, who will be in a match next. He faces Zack Ryder and squashes him in quick fashion.

There is a pre-taped segment with Daniel Bryan and Kane. Bryan had some diagrams and pie charts, talking to Kane. The crowd started chanting "We Want Pie Charts."

The Undertaker comes out and is attacked by The Shield before the match. Undertaker gets beaten down and then Team Hell No rushes out and clears the ring from The Shield. The match has not started yet.

Finally, the match begins with Bryan and Ambrose in the ring. Undertaker tags in early. He works over the arm of Ambrose, hits Old School, and tags in Kane. The Shield are in control right now, working over Kane.

The Undertaker is working with Reigns, gets Speared, but kicks out of it. The end comes when Bryan misses a flying headbutt and Ambrose pins him. Great 15 minute match.

After the match, Bryan asks The Undertaker for a hug. Taker walks off. Kane and Bryan hug.

-The Rock tweet comes on the screen, with a small amount of boos following.

Cena is backstage with Mick Foley. It looks like Ryback and Foley will be the final segment.

Fandango comes out next to a huge pop from the crowd.

Fandango defeats William Regal. After the match, Jericho comes out and attacks Fandango. He throws him off the stage. He dances with Fandango's dancer and his music afterwards.

Kaitlyn comes out, looks like she is going to talk. Instead, there is a Divas Battle Royal to determine the Number 1 Contender. The match is won by AJ, who is the new number 1 contender to Kaitlyn's Divas Championship.

The final segment is with Mick Foley who has a steel chair. Foley says he did not come for a confrontation but Ryback comes out. Foley talks about his accomplishments and says he will fight Ryback if need be. He gets in the face of Ryback and asks what happened to the man who commanded respect and says it is inevitable that Ryback will be WWE Champion.Ryback tells Foley he needs to shut up and stop living in the past.

Ryback calls Cena SuperCena and says he will be WWE Champion at Extreme Rules. Out comes Cena, but The Shield appears as well. The Shield turns their attention to Ryback, but Cena uses a chair to run off The Shield. Cena protects Ryback and then hits an AA on him.

Source: Wrestlezone.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Raw Results (Contains Spoilers) Empty Re: Raw Results (Contains Spoilers)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:56 pm

Very good Raw, had a cracking time and the 6 man tag was amazing

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:10 am

No Barrett? on the uk show?!

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:22 am

He's been up north doing house shows, wouldn't be surprised if he's on Smackdown. We got Regal instead and as short as it was it was definitely an adequate substitute. I just watched him do an interview during raw on the app. Looks and sounds smashed. Talked about women asking him for child support and kept mimicking off screen

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Apr 2013, 8:38 am

I wonder if this was a case of being there made it seem better.

The wrestling was solid but I dont think it was a great show storywise.

Why is ~Cesaro losing clean very quickly? Tensai and Clay (and naomi for that matter) all getting singles action.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:27 am

Think you definitely had to be there

Thought it were pretty poor overall, the 6 man tag being the only real highlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:44 am

Wasn't AJ already the number 1 contender?

She won it before Mania I think, as I thought there was supposed to be a divas match at Mania.

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:00 am

Has Cesaro been messing about with one of the writer's wives!? Seriously, he must have done something bad to be made to job like this over and over again.

Ridiculous.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:09 am

Not sure what's not to like? Except Cesaro and maybe the tons of fat stuff.

That 6 man tag was exceptional

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:14 am

dolph vs y2j was good as well
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:50 am

xviperx wrote:Has Cesaro been messing about with one of the writer's wives!? Seriously, he must have done something bad to be made to job like this over and over again.

Ridiculous.

I don't see him picking up wins regularly until around mitb, in fact I reckon his qualification match for that might even be his next win

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 23 Apr 2013, 12:52 pm

I wouldn't put money on it but I'd love to see him get the MITB.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

I don't know who's cornflakes Cesaro has been p*ssing in. Last i heard was Vince isnt keen on him but Triple H is. Perhaps another coal which lighted the fire in Punk's argument with creative seeing as they are close friends?

Mega talented guy and the cream always rises. Cesaro will be back and is a good shout to win a MITB briefcase.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:06 pm

Cesaro is on the de-push which is part of the push,sounds crazy but true. He'll job til mitb then win whc briefcase.

#de-push

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:Cesaro is on the de-push which is part of the push,sounds crazy but true. He'll job til mitb then win whc briefcase.

#de-push

No he's not, he's being punished for something that's got him heat backstage, don't know what that is though.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:28 pm

RinoGattuso wrote:
HitmanOwl wrote:Cesaro is on the de-push which is part of the push,sounds crazy but true. He'll job til mitb then win whc briefcase.

#de-push

No he's not, he's being punished for something that's got him heat backstage, don't know what that is though.

Sources?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:24 pm

I just finished watching Raw an hour ago and came on here, and I'm stunned by the negativity.

The Brothers of No-struction vs Sheild match was very good, I'm still stunned they gave that match away on free TV, Ziggler vs Jericho was good as well, I enjoyed the opening and closing segments, I'll put it out there now, I though Ryback was very good and I know a lot of people will disagree with me but there..., I also thought the Regal/Fandango bit was very good, hometown pop, Fandango push continues and storylines continues all in one entertaining swoop, I also thought Big E looked good on his Raw debut, though the entrance music is staggeringly bad, I'd much prefer his NXT music and that's rubbish aswell.

Ok it wasn't all great, the Cesaro thing is inexplicable and something I hoped the WWE had stopped doing, the Fat Jobbers and Rhodes Scholars feud is hardly epic television but it's inevitable with the 3 hour Raw that we will get some undercard feuds to fill time, and this was solid logical tag team booking that was reasonably entertaining.

I skipped the divas bit, but I know AJ's pretty so thats ok.

All in all, I don't think it will go down as the greatest Raw of all time but a solid wrestling show sandwiched between two very good segements and a PPV main event worthy match as the highlight, if your not satisfied with that then I do feel it may be a long 9 months to the road to mania kicks off again.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:40 pm

What I wrote in a different thread:

That 6 man tag was fantastic, the dolph y2j match was great, the booking was fair, the tags had a midcard tag feud, Big E got shown off brilliantly, Regal made an appearance and put over Fandango really well. Ryback was a lot better on the mic than he's been given credit for, Foley spoke well. The divas had actual story progression, there was some quite funny moments.

I'd have paid more for that 6 man tag match alone. Everyone looked brilliant, especially Bryan and Rollins.

I've seen worse PPVs than that, thats for sure.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:45 pm

I think my biggest problem with it was the lack of talent on show for a 3 hour show (and by talent, I mean superstars).

No doubt the 6 man tag was great as were some of the other matches but to have no Ryback, Cena, Barrett, Kofi, Lesnar, ADR, Swagstar not wrestle is a waste, especially when Tensai, Clay and Naomi all got matches.

It wasnt bad (like last weeks) but more of a wasted opportunity. It was like the old British PPVs (Insurection?) - filler that didnt really mean a lot.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 23 Apr 2013, 5:12 pm

To be fair to WWE, a lot of the people you mention were at the Smackdown events so couldn't be on Raw.

I want to clarify from what I said on another thread, I wasn't majorly disappointed with Raw and I didn't think it was a bad show. I just felt it was a bit 'meh'. I really enjoyed the Shield 6 man tag match, I thought Ryback was actually surprisingly good on the mic and they used Foley exactly how they should do. But it wasn't a must-see Raw as Chris had made out.

You literally could have not watched Raw, and you would be just as up to date with WWE going ons, so little seemed to happen in the show. It was made up of at least 50% filler and I felt the Triple H/Heyman segment was really poorly done and shows just how meaningless this Lesnar/HHH feud is. It felt totally passionless, even Heyman, probably the best person on the mic in the WWE is struggling to sell the feud continuing beyond a good finish at Wrestlemania.

Raw would probably get a 6/10, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really great either. I really struggle to get interested in Dolph's matches and Chris Jericho, somebody I normally love seems to be phoning it in a bit now, his matches are starting to follow a really basic formula.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 23 Apr 2013, 5:57 pm

Tbf Raw's in the UK are never going to be amazing.

Good things

Chris Jericho vs Ziggler - The crowd went nuts when Fandango music hit haha, but another great match between the 2. Anyone know if Y2J is off now? His tweet earlier seemed to say he was.

The 6 man Tag Match - Brilliant, i was hoping this would of been on Extreme Rules, but a great match none the less. All 6 men did there job very well and i see Undertaker got a lot of praise on twitter. Rollins was my pick though out of 6.

Ryback and Mick Foley on the mic - Enjoyed this promo. Foley does very well in these promo's i enjoyed his ones with Punk last year. Almost like he brought the best out of Ryback.

Bad Things

The ending - Didn't see the point in the shield coming out, also Cena giving Ryback the AA.

Pointless matches - Brodus Clay vs Sandow for starters.

Antonio Cesaro - Another loss really?

Re cap after re cap - We say this every week, but please WWE can you bluddy cut down on showing us what happened last week on raw, last week on smackdown, earlier on tonight etc.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:33 pm

My point about it being a must watch was the 6 man tag, but I couldn't say much without spoilers. I think that match is a must watch for a wrestling fan. I think they did more than I'd expect.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:27 pm

Have you noticed how the main event match on raw recently is a diva match? Really? Seriously don't know why,nobody cares.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Apr 2013, 8:14 pm

The dark matches (well one dark match, two superstars matches) were Zack Ryder vs Heath Slater which Ryder won, an Uso (i didnt know or care which one) vs McGillicutty which the Uso won, then a divas match. Me and my mate got up to get a drink when Kaitlyn's music hit and some guy shouted "you dont have to leave cos its women you bloody w*nkers!".

Later on that guy started a Kevin Nash chant and was shocked when I turned around and shouted "No! Not f'ing Nash!"

Still better than the guy who chanted Cena sucks continuously throughout every match on his own.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Apr 2013, 8:22 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:The dark matches (well one dark match, two superstars matches) were Zack Ryder vs Heath Slater which Ryder won, an Uso (i didnt know or care which one) vs McGillicutty which the Uso won, then a divas match. Me and my mate got up to get a drink when Kaitlyn's music hit and some guy shouted "you dont have to leave cos its women you bloody w*nkers!".

Later on that guy started a Kevin Nash chant and was shocked when I turned around and shouted "No! Not f'ing Nash!"

Still better than the guy who chanted Cena sucks continuously throughout every match on his own.

I was bored, alright. And you could have said hello.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 23 Apr 2013, 8:28 pm

Adam D wrote:
chris.wilkerson13 wrote:The dark matches (well one dark match, two superstars matches) were Zack Ryder vs Heath Slater which Ryder won, an Uso (i didnt know or care which one) vs McGillicutty which the Uso won, then a divas match. Me and my mate got up to get a drink when Kaitlyn's music hit and some guy shouted "you dont have to leave cos its women you bloody w*nkers!".

did you also do the fAAAAAAndAAAAAngOOOOO dance?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Apr 2013, 8:52 pm

I am just learning about Gangham style. Fandagoing is in 2014 for me. I am like a reverse hipster.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:00 pm

Adam D wrote:

I wouldnt say hello to you if I was a guest at your house king

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:03 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:
Adam D wrote:

I wouldnt say hello to you if I was a guest at your house king

Mrs D, is that you?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:48 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I just finished watching Raw an hour ago and came on here, and I'm stunned by the negativity.

The Brothers of No-struction vs Sheild match was very good, I'm still stunned they gave that match away on free TV, Ziggler vs Jericho was good as well, I enjoyed the opening and closing segments, I'll put it out there now, I though Ryback was very good and I know a lot of people will disagree with me but there..., I also thought the Regal/Fandango bit was very good, hometown pop, Fandango push continues and storylines continues all in one entertaining swoop, I also thought Big E looked good on his Raw debut, though the entrance music is staggeringly bad, I'd much prefer his NXT music and that's rubbish aswell.

Ok it wasn't all great, the Cesaro thing is inexplicable and something I hoped the WWE had stopped doing, the Fat Jobbers and Rhodes Scholars feud is hardly epic television but it's inevitable with the 3 hour Raw that we will get some undercard feuds to fill time, and this was solid logical tag team booking that was reasonably entertaining.

I skipped the divas bit, but I know AJ's pretty so thats ok.

All in all, I don't think it will go down as the greatest Raw of all time but a solid wrestling show sandwiched between two very good segements and a PPV main event worthy match as the highlight, if your not satisfied with that then I do feel it may be a long 9 months to the road to mania kicks off again.

This is pretty spot on to what I was going to say. I really enjoyed Raw. The Shield are still unbeaten and can now add The Undertaker to the list of beaten enemies. Fandango was brilliant again as was William Regal and Chris Jericho (great match with Dolph Ziggler!). Big E Langston was impressive again. Ryback shocked even me with how good he was and Im one of his fans (although I still think he should have stayed face)! He put accross the intensity and pure anger really well, especially "you pathetic fat b*stard!!" - that nearly made me spit my tea out, I really wasnt expecting that!! Again, good Raw and I still cant believe we got to see Taker outside of Wrestlemania!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 24 Apr 2013, 7:13 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:"you pathetic fat b*stard!!" - that nearly made me spit my tea out, I really wasnt expecting that!!

My nomination for the most English post ever on the forum

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:55 am

xviperx wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:"you pathetic fat b*stard!!" - that nearly made me spit my tea out, I really wasnt expecting that!!

My nomination for the most English post ever on the forum

Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 24 Apr 2013, 1:59 pm

Too bloody right it is!! cuppa

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down