The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No chance of Cooper playing in the NRL now

+2
Kenny
George Hotel1895
6 posters

Go down

No chance of Cooper playing in the NRL now Empty No chance of Cooper playing in the NRL now

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:09 am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-clubs-tell-quade-cooper-not-to-demand-big-money-after-his-poor-showing-at-rugby-world-cup/comments-e6frexnr-1226169185265
I didn't think he ever was going to switch and he won't now for sure.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

No chance of Cooper playing in the NRL now Empty Re: No chance of Cooper playing in the NRL now

Post by Kenny Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:15 am

Has he played league before ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

No chance of Cooper playing in the NRL now Empty Re: No chance of Cooper playing in the NRL now

Post by dublfcynwa Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:29 am

I don't see why anyone would pay him top dollar to play in the NRL he would get smashed and his defence is poor.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:28 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:I don't see why anyone would pay him top dollar to play in the NRL he would get smashed and his defence is poor.

At his best he could play a Benji Marshall type role - Benji manages to get "hidden" on defence so it could be done for Cooper.

Granted his defence is awful.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm

To be honest he would have to be something really special to get a deal in the NRL anyway with the talent available there .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:38 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Has he played league before ?
I'm told he played Rugby League at school, but thats difficult to believe after seeing the way he struggled with the high ball and couldn't throw a pass for toffee on Sunday.
I thinks its best he stays in union, because no way could he cut it in the NRL or even the NSW or Queensland cups. Quite clearly he found his level in Rugby and thats Union.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Lets hope a Superleague team doesn't come in for him . He would get slaughtered under the high ball .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Put it this way if I was an NRL coach I'd give him a trial and get first option on him ahead of everyone else.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:06 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: Put it this way if I was an NRL coach I'd give him a trial and get first option on him ahead of everyone else.
I have doubts that even if he was coached by Wayne Bennet he would be capable of playing Rugby League to any sort of standard.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:10 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote: Put it this way if I was an NRL coach I'd give him a trial and get first option on him ahead of everyone else.
I have doubts that even if he was coached by Wayne Bennet he would be capable of playing Rugby League to any sort of standard.

If you'd seen how he played last season and in this year's SuperXV ...

As an attacking talent (and as a New Zealander it hurts to admit this) he's up there with Benji Marshall. Sadly for him he let the NZ crowds get to him over the past month.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

If you'd seen how he played last season and in this year's SuperXV ...

As an attacking talent (and as a New Zealander it hurts to admit this) he's up there with Benji Marshall. Sadly for him he let the NZ crowds get to him over the past month.
Sadly for him him when it come to the big stage he couldn't perform.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 pm

GeorgeH
I've seen him perform pretty good on that big stage at Suncorp.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:22 am

I wouldn't have thought many League players prosper under the high ball.

I think Cooper would excel in League but no way can he ask for a massive contract before he has played the game.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:52 pm

MBTGOG wrote:I wouldn't have thought many League players prosper under the high ball.

I think Cooper would excel in League but no way can he ask for a massive contract before he has played the game.

He's not going to go now for 3 reasons in my eyes, 1, he's not going to get the big money offer that he would have hoped for and 2, i think he's confidence is shot to pieces now, and 3 i never really knew if he was serious about playing Rugby League or was Rugby League just being used as a tool by his agent as a way of upping his money in union.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down