The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early week 7 lines

4 posters

Go down

Early week 7 lines Empty Early week 7 lines

Post by Grizzly Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:35 pm

Suddenly the Wembley game looks to have some appeal and with the weather set to stay fair this week and for the game, we can concentrate on finding fault with the prices rather than worry about the rain, wind, pitch conditions etc.
Three early lines I like:

Chic +2.5
Not sure why the Buccs have been installed favs here.
They may be a different team to the one that was humiliated by the Pats 2 years ago but their recent mauling in San Fran shows they can have road issues (and this is still on the road regardless of who takes home the ticket loot). Bears are hardly the most consistent team but fresh from putting up 39 points on the Vikes they'll come over with confidence high.
I'll take the Bears with a start

Tenn -3
Fresh off their bye the surprising Titans take on a Texans team who were as low as 4/1 to win the AFC Championship game - shocking price but true, defeat at home to the Raiders and a comprehensive defeat in Baltimore have given the Texans the reality check them, their fans and their backers all need.
Even without Britt I'll take the Titans to cover this low handicap against one of the most overhyped teams I can remember.

Atlanta +4.5
The rejuvinated Falcs visit Ford Field and prior to week 6 I would have had this down as a regulation home win, but the Falcs showed better resolve against the Panthers and the Niners proved that if you get pressure on Stafford and cover Megatron you can stomp out their passing game.
I like the Falcs here with a 4.5 point start

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Early week 7 lines Empty Re: Early week 7 lines

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:00 pm

I'd take the Bears over the Buccs in London. I just feel that London games tend to suit defensive/run based teams slightly more simply because of the strange environment and the pitch not being perfect.

Possibly agree on the Falcons. I could perhaps see the Lions winning by a FG, but that isn't enough to cover the start and the Falcons could definitely cause an "upset" (can I call beating the Lions an upset... i'm almost pained to do so)

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

Actually like the bucs in the game, simply because there the more comlete team for me, but the falcs at plus 4.5 is definetly a price worth going for.

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Wed 19 Oct 2011, 3:06 pm

I've just had a quick look.

They've got the Bears giving up a 1.5pt start now. Someones obviously listening to you Grizzly.

I'll be on the Packers (-8.5). They should esaily cover this against the Vikings. Ponder can't be any worse than Mcnabb, but i don't think he'll be much better.

Also like the Chargers (-2.0). I think they'll have too much for a Jets team that has stuttered so far.

My record this season so far is less than stellar, so feel free to ignore!

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed 19 Oct 2011, 4:21 pm

Dancing - I get the very early lines which are up Monday morning (US), they do change very quickly but that doesn't necesarilly mean an easy route to fortune is following the money, the Bills, Panthers and Saints were backed off the boards last week and all lost !
Betfair put their handicap lines up well into teh week, maybe Wednesdays ?

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down