The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to Broncos

4 posters

Go down

Back to Broncos Empty Back to Broncos

Post by See the Bombers fly up Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:20 pm

I see it is likely the Broncos will be back next year according to BBC Sport. Any thoughts?

See the Bombers fly up

Back to top Go down

Back to Broncos Empty Re: Back to Broncos

Post by Kenny Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:59 pm

I never really called them Harlequins anyway they were an always will be London Broncos for me .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 3:13 am

No surprises with them reverting back to being the Broncos, but how many extra fans will it put on the gate?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:24 am

It wont will it , i dont know what would .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 4:04 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:It wont will it , i dont know what would .
Neither do i. Lets home for the good of the game in the capital though that the gates do rise next season. Lets hope as well that all Rugby League clubs see an increase in gates.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

London Broncos just have to much competition from football and union , league is just not that popular down south as it is in its northern roots .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:53 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:London Broncos just have to much competition from football and union , league is just not that popular down south as it is in its northern roots .
There's the problem. Somehow though we have to make Rugby League work in London, but don't ask me how, but it needs to happen.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:13 pm

The other problems they've had as well as to much compition are. They moved ground to many times, so have never put down any roots in an area. They don't do enough to pull the aussie/kiwi/northern people to go to the games. There present stadium is to far out of London, that they won't get casual fans to just go on game days, and is in an area that has a strong, historical pull to the other code, so are less likly to go.
Until they have there own stadium, ideal in west central London, there atendences are always going to be low, and getting worse as less northern fans go down due to economical reasons. And the fact that due to the franchise system they can pick and choose which games to go to, as they play the same teams every year for 3 years, with nothing really on the league.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 22 Oct 2011, 4:33 am

tigerrobins wrote:The other problems they've had as well as to much compition are. They moved ground to many times, so have never put down any roots in an area. They don't do enough to pull the aussie/kiwi/northern people to go to the games. There present stadium is to far out of London, that they won't get casual fans to just go on game days, and is in an area that has a strong, historical pull to the other code, so are less likly to go.
Until they have there own stadium, ideal in west central London, there atendences are always going to be low, and getting worse as less northern fans go down due to economical reasons. And the fact that due to the franchise system they can pick and choose which games to go to, as they play the same teams every year for 3 years, with nothing really on the league.
In my opinion Brisbane Rd the home of Leyton Orient would be a good ground for the Broncos to play out of, it has good transports links and is easier to get too from the north, but the down side is, is it means another ground move and starting afresh in a new area and i think the ground capacity is less than required for Super League standard.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 22 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

Brisbane Rd's capacity is just under 10,000 so yes it is not up to super league standard. I think they have to move, but put a limit on how long they stay while building a ground in the area that will be there's. And like you say it needs good transport links, the only area i can think of is around Shepards Bush/White city playing out of Loftus rd while buyilding a new ground, but this area dosn't have a particularly good transport links.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down