The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSP Injured, Fight with Condit Postponed!

5 posters

Go down

GSP Injured, Fight with Condit Postponed! Empty GSP Injured, Fight with Condit Postponed!

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:22 am

GSP has injured his knee and is out of his upcoming fight with Condit.

Condit is not fighting either as the UFC have decided to save him to fight GSP on his return which is expected to be circa 2 months.

Diaz vs Penn will headline the event and Diaz has requested the fight is made for 5 rounds.

Last edited by Valero's Conscience on Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change in title)

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

GSP Injured, Fight with Condit Postponed! Empty Re: GSP Injured, Fight with Condit Postponed!

Post by Clunge4life Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:50 am

Bad news......was really looking forward to this fight

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

GSP Injured, Fight with Condit Postponed! Empty Re: GSP Injured, Fight with Condit Postponed!

Post by talkingpoint Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

I'm very disappointed although its no-ones fault. I hope GSP recovers quickly and is in a fit state to fight Condit eventually.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:17 am

Bet you it was something Dan Hardy done

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:41 am

Luckily there is still a huge fight in Diaz/Penn but still disappointing.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

I am gutted about this; I was looking forward to this fight. Dang this is annoying; does anyone know how long GSP will be out for?

Diaz asking for his fight with BJ being a 5 rounder is a good idea in principle but that pretty much turns it into a number 1 elimination fight, and if BJ wins then do we really want to see GSP vs. BJ III?!

Although we may not want to see it, it will be a bit harsh on BJ if initially he was to fight Condit in the co-main event, then has to fight Diaz who was supposed to be fighting for the title, then that fight becomes the main event then it becomes a 5 rounder and if he wins it he still doesn’t get a title shot...

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 19 Oct 2011, 11:14 am

if it becomes a 5 rounder then that takes away the selling point of UFC 138 in Birmingham having the first ever non-title 5 round main event! However, it's a huge loss, especially for the fans who bought tickets, so making it 5 rounds does make sense. It will also be interesting to see how the two fighters fair over 5 rounds - people talk a lot about Diaz's cardio so it may really become the deciding factor if the fight doesn't finish early.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 19 Oct 2011, 3:20 pm

I think White has been told GSP is likely to be out for about 2 months so not too long.

I agree i'm not keen on Penn vs GSP 3 if BJ wins but as Gibbo said i think he fully deserves his shot should he win as Diaz was deemed worthy to face him so surely the guy who beats Diaz is worthy? Although this is harsh on Condit.

I would give the Diaz/Penn winner a shot at the GSP/Condit winner, although Ellenburger is in the mix after he destroyed Shields so all a bit of a headache for the UFC at the moment.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 19 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:I think White has been told GSP is likely to be out for about 2 months so not too long.

I agree i'm not keen on Penn vs GSP 3 if BJ wins but as Gibbo said i think he fully deserves his shot should he win as Diaz was deemed worthy to face him so surely the guy who beats Diaz is worthy? Although this is harsh on Condit.

I would give the Diaz/Penn winner a shot at the GSP/Condit winner, although Ellenburger is in the mix after he destroyed Shields so all a bit of a headache for the UFC at the moment.

It's a good headache though. Bout time there was some life in the welterweight division again.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 4:52 pm

Agreed that it is a good headache for the UFC, GSP can face now Condit, Diaz, Ellenburger and if need be BJ vs. GSP III so all the talk of GSP moving up and facing A. Silva can die down again seeing as that fight was very unlikely to ever happen

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 20 Oct 2011, 5:42 pm

for me the weight divisions are one of the best things about the sport. It allows for greater competition because theoretically the fights are fairer. If Welterweight is the most natural weight division for GSP to fight in then I think he should stay there and prove himself as one of the greatest welter weight of all time. Why bulk up and move up a weight division just to have a 'super fight' when he could disadvantage himself? Imo if you win your respective weight division title in the UFC that is the most prestigious thing you can achieve in your career.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down