The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Cleverly had a cracked rib?

+15
Super D Boon
huw
coxy0001
AlexHuckerby
Day V Lately
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TRUSSMAN66
trottb
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Jimmy Moz
Scottrf
manos de piedra
The Galveston Giant
Michaels, Sean
School Project
19 posters

Go down

So, Cleverly had a cracked rib? Empty So, Cleverly had a cracked rib?

Post by School Project Wed 19 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

Going into the fight against Bellew, word is Cleverly had a cracked rib caused in sparring. He didn't tell anyone...

Now, the fight was close, regardless of a cracked rib or not. But is this a possible excuse or a true reason for a fight that many thought Nathan would dominate in?

I'm a bit skeptical about the statement myself, but a cracked rib would certainly be a painful thing to fight with.

Saying that, didn't Tyson fight with a broken back? laughing

School Project

Back to top Go down

So, Cleverly had a cracked rib? Empty Re: So, Cleverly had a cracked rib?

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 19 Oct 2011, 6:43 pm

I couldn't get myself out of bed with a cracked rib. He can't have.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 19 Oct 2011, 6:50 pm

Yeah no way, i felt like someone was stabbing me when i breathed in, very painful.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 19 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

Bruised rib, possibly but it would be unbeleivable if a boxer went through with a fight with a cracked rib let alone was able to perform competantly.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:00 pm

Heard this, Bellew broke his hand in the 5th too.

Posters above need to man up.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:02 pm

Cleverly's workrate did look a lot less than normal. He still put in some great body shots though which was the difference. Doubt his rib was cracked but bruised could definitely be a possibility and explain the lack of workrate. I wish Cleverly would get a new trainer. If he could learn to box a bit better he will still go a long was as his stamina and chin look superb.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:24 pm

Scottrf wrote:Heard this, Bellew broke his hand in the 5th too.

I cracked two of my ribs by a stray elbow in footy and was in agony for abar 2 weeks. Can't see that

Haha predictive text

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:27 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

I cracked to if my ribs by a stray elbow in filthy and was in agony for abar 2 weeks. Can't see that
Ever been punched in the face a couple of hundred times in half hour by a professional? My mate is a keeper and finished a game of football after breaking a rib in the first 15 minutes.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:40 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I cracked to if my ribs by a stray elbow in filthy and was in agony for abar 2 weeks. Can't see that

Can you translate that to English please?

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

Didn't see the fight as there is no TV where I am at the moment, but didn't Bellew land any body shots? If this is true surely the lightest tap anywhere near the affected ribs and it would of been obvious that not all was right.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:03 pm

Excuses after Cleverly now realises he didn't impress...

Bellew's fist who cares...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:07 pm

Scottrf wrote:

I cracked to if my ribs by a stray elbow in filthy and was in agony for abar 2 weeks. Can't see that
Ever been punched in the face a couple of hundred times in half hour by a professional? My mate is a keeper and finished a game of football after breaking a rib in the first 15 minutes.

adrenaline gets you through it Scott. I was fine till the next morning. I get peed a lot and despite that the pain didn't leave me for 4 months. still feel it a year and a half later.

it was all down to re-enacting Monte Barrett's ring entrance.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:09 pm

trottb wrote:Didn't see the fight as there is no TV where I am at the moment, but didn't Bellew land any body shots? If this is true surely the lightest tap anywhere near the affected ribs and it would of been obvious that not all was right.

are you in Luton?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:41 pm

If by cracked rib you mean fractured rib, then no way could he have boxed through that. You'd need strong painkillers just to get through a normal day with a fractured rib.

If on the other hand it was just some bruising of the tissues overlying the ribs then it's possible that he could have fought with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm

I broke my rib crowd surfing at a Muse gig a couple of years back - went flying over the barricades at the front like Superman and rather than catching me this ape of a bouncer gave me a right hander in the rib cage. Hurt when I coughed or laughed, and I can imagine a good smack in a cracked rib wouldn't do your ability to breathe any good, so fair play to Clev is this is true.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/169740-cleverly-went-through-the-pain-barrier-fought-bellew-with-cracked-rib

Ring Magazine have it... they are also singing Cleverly's praises. A lot of the yanks on their board like the hype around Clev.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

adrenaline gets you through it Scott. I was fine till the next morning. I get peed a lot and despite that the pain didn't leave me for 4 months. still feel it a year and a half later.

it was all down to re-enacting Monte Barrett's ring entrance.

if your gonna get injured, than thats as worthy a cause as i can think of, fair play to you

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:23 pm

A few years ago when i had a six pack and cracked my rib, it was a little bit disfigured where i cracked it, i think it will be many moons before i see it again, the ladies were devastated. I suppose it depends on how serious a crack it is, i could only take short breaths, if i breathed in too deep it was game over. It would also make a difference if you cracked it while you had adreneline pumping. There is no way Cleverly went into the fight with a proper cracked rib then started to breath deep, maybe a tiny one, but i don't know how much that would affect him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:32 pm

a lot of negativity around this and people not thinking its true for some reason. fair play to the both of them went through the pain barriers seems to be the norm for being unreasonable to boxers to claim they were injured which is odd. to be fair i remenber one round the last punch thrown by bellew was a body shot and it seemed lucky for clev the bell rang becaure clev looked very uncomfortable with it. could have just been a good shot but get a feeling the rhb was the problem now.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:35 pm

Cracked a rib playing cricket, couldn't do much afterwards. Certainly couldn't have dived for a catch, landed on it and then been able to get up again.

Box with a broken rib? Yeah, my sweet bottom he did.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:36 pm

Can i just add it's only because he was made to look average by an average fighter he's come out with this tosh.

I want him to fight Dawson now, nothing like knocking those over the boarder down a peg or two after the amount of hype they've been shovelling up his backside.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:41 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Can i just add it's only because he was made to look average by an average fighter he's come out with this tosh.

I want him to fight Dawson now, nothing like knocking those over the boarder down a peg or two after the amount of hype they've been shovelling up his backside.

Warren has been the one guilty of hyping him up.

Most of us Taffs know he is a decent young fighter that has done well so far and will hopefully progress nicely.

I thought it was us Taffs that were supposed to have a chip on our shoulders, not the other way around?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:44 pm

I think people that have had a cracked rib realise he's talking rubbish, i honestly thought mine was broken and couldn't breathe, the doctor had to come to my house as i couldn't move, on Christmas Eve Sad . I'm not saying he wasn't having problems but it wasn't a serious crack.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:47 pm

huw wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Can i just add it's only because he was made to look average by an average fighter he's come out with this tosh.

Most of us Taffs know he is a decent young fighter that has done well so far and will hopefully progress nicely.

I thought it was us Taffs that were supposed to have a chip on our shoulders, not the other way around?

Huw

I'm only playing, there is an element though (cough cough) who are a bit desperate for the lad to be the next JC. Same with Hatton and a couple of football oiks i know that were desperate for Mitchell to beat Katsidis as it meant going to Vegas, singing songs and generally acting like twonks. Is like they need to keep re-enacting a period of life they had fun in etc

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 20 Oct 2011, 1:57 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
huw wrote:

Huw

I'm only playing, there is an element though (cough cough) who are a bit desperate for the lad to be the next JC. Same with Hatton and a couple of football oiks i know that were desperate for Mitchell to beat Katsidis as it meant going to Vegas, singing songs and generally acting like twonks. Is like they need to keep re-enacting a period of life they had fun in etc

I agree a love a little banter.

On your point though, surely everyone wants a boxer they like to surpass a previous boxers achievements and be considered one of the best in the world. Isn't that why we watch the sport?

By the next JC do you mean they want him to get hold of the WBO belt and milk it by fighting people that are a long way off world level whilst continually talking about the other champions yet never fighting them? Clev would never do that Whistle

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

Apparently Chris Eubank Jnr did it. Good bit of name dropping by Clev. Wonder if his dad - "Never proved himself the Best" slipped a few notes to the Clev to mention it.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

dont understand what evidence there is to suggest him and his team around him are lying.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Apparently Chris Eubank Jnr did it. Good bit of name dropping by Clev. Wonder if his dad - "Never proved himself the Best" slipped a few notes to the Clev to mention it.

Yea Chris Eubank Jr has actualy posted about this on his facebook.

Stating he broke his rib 2 weeks before the fight in sparring, he then goes on to say how much of a true warrior Cleverley is.

Obviously him saying it dosent make it true but it does give some evidence in that direction.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Where is the evidence to suggest he had a cracked rib? As others have said it is an extremely painful injury and it would be hard enough to move let alone box. If he did then fair play to him a lot of respect for that, but as others have said before me probably bruised at worse.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:02 pm

again why do we choose to not believe him? hasnt lied before has he? his word is good enough for me. dont see why we always look for possible lies, if he is lying he told a bare face lie on live tv to buncey and was an incredible liar too. he maybe had a minor crack in his rib tells people after he wins and then gets slaughtered for it dear me...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:06 pm

Not slating him just think it's very unlikely that it is as serious as being made out and that, after an under par performance, something like this is mentioned.

Maybe I'm just a miserable git.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

More likely explanation of the below par performance is he is a below par fighter.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

Clev is just harder than you wimps, get over it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

We can't all be mens men, like you Truss Onetwo and Lumbering Jack.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:13 pm

Wasn't including me, I've never cracked a rib.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:20 pm

The thing I don't really understand is that Mayweather bruised his rib in sparring and was out for 2 weeks prior to Marquez. A cracked rib must have been too unbearable to fight with sure. But if it is true... why risk losing a fight for it??

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:32 pm

School Project wrote:The thing I don't really understand is that Mayweather bruised his rib in sparring and was out for 2 weeks prior to Marquez. A cracked rib must have been too unbearable to fight with sure. But if it is true... why risk losing a fight for it??

the mayweather one against marquez was bs in my opinion. think floyd realised moving the fight two weeks would mean more money as it very conveniently landed on mexican independance day which is traditionally a big boxing day amongst mexicans. plus if it is true then it doesnt suprise me as mayweather isnt known as a man who takes risks now is he?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:43 pm

Clev probably meant he had bruised ribs. There's no way he would fight with a broken rib.

Doesn't surprise me, he never looked 100% against Belew.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:43 pm

Didn't froch fight pascal with a cracked rib? Thats what he said after he won the fight!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:44 pm

Perforated eardrum?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down