The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undertaker

+11
Beer
MtotheC
The Awesome Giz
Dr Gregory House MD
Stonee21
hodge
Kay Fabe
MIG
TwisT
Samo
HitmanOwl
15 posters

Go down

Undertaker Empty Undertaker

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

When's he back?

About 4/6 months ago it was reported he will be back at vengeance. That's being said I've heard nothing since then.

Any ideas?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Undertaker Empty Re: Undertaker

Post by Samo Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

I think he might be rolled out at Survivor Series. Even just an appearance at the end of a match to signify the start of a fued with someone.

Would only make sense to give him a swansong at the PPV he debuted at. 21 years on.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:56 pm

I have a feeling he won't come back for a while yet. I think the likely WM card is a bit top heavy, so I can see him coming back for WM 2013 for his last WM.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:23 pm

I can't see why Undertaker would miss this WM. a)after a year off he will be as fresh as he can be. b)I don't think a WM card can be top heavy. It is WM after all. The more big matches the better surely?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

Ok look at it another way....with Rock v Cena the main event, and this likely being Taker's last WM, wouldn't you want him to be in a WM where he would not be overshadowed?

I like the idea of him missing WM and a slow building angle to 2013 WM, where it is announced this will be his last WM match and someones last chance at the streak. Build 2013 WM round that.

Who to go against him is a completely different story and I will deviate from it as it will become yet another streak debate.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:30 pm

I'd be shocked of Taker didn't come back for Mania, he makes an absolute barrel load from his WrestleMania match, doubt he'd pass that up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:32 pm

I also don't think Taker will call it at day after his next Mania match, as long as his streak is in tact he'll compete

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:49 pm

I'm not doing too well to get an agreement from you today Gaffer Very Happy

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011, 5:49 pm

Luck of the draw mate we'd all be bored if we thought the same

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

Who would he face at Mania?
We have The Rock v Cena
Del Rio v ?
Orton v ?
Punk v ?

Out of those three, Id pick Punk, but I cant see how it would work.
Apart from those, I can only see Kane v Taker (brother v brother for the possible 20-0 streak)

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 20 Oct 2011, 6:18 pm

I'm expecting Punk to face Triple H, don't know why or how it will happen now, its just something I expect

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 20 Oct 2011, 6:19 pm

maybe Taker could face a returning Jericho? Undertaker returns the next week Jericho attacks him, saying he was waiting for the return of Taker before he made his own return

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 6:21 pm

Personally I would love to see Rhodes go up against him, it will help solidify Rhodes rise and if they did do the unthinkable and have someone break the streak who better than the WWE's hottest young talent right now?

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 20 Oct 2011, 6:38 pm

I still think Orton will face Taker at WM, he is on Smackdown, he also has the repuatation and the ring ability to be worthy of what a streak match has become since Mania 23.

If its not him it'll probably be Henry but I hope not

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu 20 Oct 2011, 7:00 pm

I don't get why everyone seems to think 20-0 should be Takers last match, is it because its a nice even number or something. If he does return it'll be the typical lights off lights on attack, hits a tombstone and then some kneel on one knee stick out a tongue blue lighting stuff.

That said I remember reading somewhere the guy shaved his head, so maybe his last will be as the american bad ass. Has anyone considered Daniel Bryan could be his Wrestlemania opponent could be a decent match, ok he won't win and every Bryan fan will whine about how Taker should let a rising star beat him for the title. But let Bryan win at the next PPV.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 20 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

I posted this on another thread but this is why I think this year should be takers last,

Obvoiusly taker is a true legend in the business in every sense of the word, but I don't agree with bringing him back just for mania every year, if his body can't handle a full time or even part time schedule then IMO he should retire, mania should be the climax of the wrestling year, a showpiece, a culmination of the hotest feuds, not a shop window for a guy that can't go anymore (expect once a year) to carry on a streak that is already unparalleled in the industry. He/wwe should look retrospectively at what he has achieved and say there isn't anymore or anything else he can achieve and be damn well pleased. Let start building newer, younger stars at the biggest ppv and create the next taker!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 20 Oct 2011, 7:43 pm

Jericho is in talks with the WWE over his return for a match at WM28, i would expect it to be him, probably Taker eliminating him from the Rumble.

He's only got the Rumble to complete his set, it would be logical for him to go after the streak for revenge.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

I don't think Jericho is big enough to walk right into a Mania match with Taker, I just don't think I'd believe he'd beat him but Jericho is talented enough so if the WWE built him up properly it could work

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 20 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

Plenty of time mate, Jericho has the mic skills, it's whether the writers can put together a storyline to suit.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011, 9:06 pm

I'd rather Jericho faced Taker than Punk to be fair, I think Punk either needs to win the World Title at WrestleMania or beat a heel Triple H clean

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:48 am

I'll be surprised if he isn't back at Mania.

I think Orton or dare I say it Henry seem like the most logical opponents at the minute

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:33 am

I doubt Henry will even be relevant come WrestleMania, Orton going on Taker's last five years would be the only name I think is big enough to face him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:34 am

Personally I'd go for Orton, I think him facing the Undertaker would create a bigger 'big match feel' than Taker/Jericho would.

Jericho should come back, win the World title and defend it against Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. If WWE ever remember that Bryan won MITB and said he'd cash it in at Wrestlemania 28 that is.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:31 am

If he does appear at the next WM, then a Rumble win would automatically make him face Orton, as I believe it will be Del Rio v Punk.

Here is a scenerio for you.....and no I don't think it will happen but you never know:

Undertaker v Orton (c). Undertaker wins a long hard fought battle, becomes champ and streak remains. Bryan cashes in, beats Taker, wins title. Does the streak still remain intact?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:21 am

Well, no since he's been beaten at Wrestlemania.

However, I wouldn't put it past the WWE to try and pull that off and claim the streak was still intact.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:26 pm

Nice idea, it's a pity a heel doesn't have the case- they could go for a cheap cash in after a brutal match with a upcoming face making the save and getting the run from that, either that or a big star saying they want the streak next year.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down