The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undertaker/HHH

+9
NickisBHAFC
goldustismyhero
liverbnz
Gregers
Liam
BlueDragon1205
Mr H
Don Caboose
bretmeharty
13 posters

Go down

Is the HHH/Undertaker match the most pointless match in history?

Undertaker/HHH Vote_lcap15%Undertaker/HHH Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
Undertaker/HHH Vote_lcap85%Undertaker/HHH Vote_rcap 85% 
[ 28 ]

Total Votes : 33

Undertaker/HHH Empty Undertaker/HHH

Post by bretmeharty Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

Ok so in the moment of just the match itself, it no doubt will be full of high drama and pedegree and tombstone spots with a sledgehammer thrown in or two, but the fact it was done last year, coupled with the fact it does nothing to further or progress anything makes this match in my opinion very very pointless.

Considering each mans standing in the company they should be used to make a career defining moment for the guys who need them, I can not put over my utter distain for each man (now) and their match enough.

If no please state what the most pointless match in history is for you, Brock/Goldberg another contender

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Undertaker/HHH Empty Re: Undertaker/HHH

Post by Don Caboose Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:05 am

No, neither is Brock/Goldberg.

I'd argue the most pointless match in the history of big matches at Wrestlemania was Hogan/Vince or HBK/Vince.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:08 am

Erm, clearly not the most pointless match in history. There are loads which would be ahead of it, Hornswoggle vs Chavo for example.

I understand your frustration at why the match doesnt need to happen, but it does have meaning and it is a draw whether you like it or not, especially being in Hell in a Cell.

I personally want HHH to win.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:16 am

After last years match (which was good and had me on the edge of my seat), I just don't think it needed to happen again this year.
It's almost like they decided to have a rematch even before they had their first match and what with the nonsical yes men they surround themselves with, anyone was afraid to say um.. do you really think this is a good idea.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:25 am

Not pointless becuse it has our intrest, mainly due to poor storytelling.

Pointles matchs for me are the 'Celebrity' matches at mania, I find the matches with vince pointless too, specially the Bret Hart one

The Taker/HHH match could be pivotal if dealt with in the right way, but seeing as I've read that Taker is back for a while I think it's going to be same old same old, cant see taker taking any massive bumps or HHH taking any massive risks himself.

Why didnt they bring him back as much more humanised version of himself, so that, along with his new hair do, he could have a uch more honest interaction with the universe and could actually talk directly to the crowds as a man.

Rant over, sorry... lol
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:39 am

BlueDragon1205 wrote:
Why didnt they bring him back as much more humanised version of himself, so that, along with his new hair do, he could have a uch more honest interaction with the universe and could actually talk directly to the crowds as a man.

I've often wondered whether this was the best way to go if the streak was ever broken. Imagine if Cena breaks the streak as a Heel, and in doing so completely and utterly embarasses Undertaker, effectively stripping him of his mystique. A couple of years later you can have Mark Callaway return as seeking to reclaim his legacy.

I guess they have woven such a story into this years match with Undertaker seemingly wanting his revenge for HHH making him seem less than immortal.

Personally I hope Undertaker wins this year and convincingly so. A) To re-establish him as the Phenom, and B) To send HHH out with a beating, similar to the one Shawn took all those years ago in the first Hell In A Cell. (In fact HHH taking a man-sized bump off the cell is whats required, and I can see it happening too).

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

What would make the match more interesting for me:

On Raw next week, HBK is announced as the Special Guest Ref. HHH and HBK thing they've got the streak in the bag. Taker comes onto the Titantron, sat in a dark room so you can barely see him and announces next week he has a 'Game' changer which will see HHH's confidence plummet.

Then on Raw the next week, HHH is in the ring cutting a promo on how nothing The Undertaker does will make a difference, the streak will end blah blah, but then the lights go out and Taker's new music 'The Memory Remains' starts playing, when the lights come back on Taker is stood on the stage dressed as The American Badass, with short hair. HHH's demeanour changes and the whole complexion of the match then changes.

If that happened, i'd buy into it alot more.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

Mr H wrote:What would make the match more interesting for me:

On Raw next week, HBK is announced as the Special Guest Ref. HHH and HBK thing they've got the streak in the bag. Taker comes onto the Titantron, sat in a dark room so you can barely see him and announces next week he has a 'Game' changer which will see HHH's confidence plummet.

Then on Raw the next week, HHH is in the ring cutting a promo on how nothing The Undertaker does will make a difference, the streak will end blah blah, but then the lights go out and Taker's new music 'The Memory Remains' starts playing, when the lights come back on Taker is stood on the stage dressed as The American Badass, with short hair. HHH's demeanour changes and the whole complexion of the match then changes.

If that happened, i'd buy into it alot more.

The fact there is new music for Taker seemingly with Metallica, it suggests he will come back as the bad ass. I would welcome it as I really enjoyed the bad ass version, also puts the streak in jeopardy if you like as he will no longer be the phenom, but may also suggest he will give HHH a beating as a sort of man-man sort of thing.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:59 am

Simply put no

Taker vs Hunter will garner interest from casual fans, increasing the buyrate and making this years Wrestlemania the biggest ever.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 01 Mar 2012, 11:07 am

Definitely not pointless. Underwhelming maybe.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

ive said no as this rematch is about taker wanting revenge for the beating last year, if they are to bring the phenom back then during the match taker should be down and out hhh going for another pedigree and nails it then the lights go out and we hear takers music play then paul bearer comes out with the urn and raises it, thus taker rising and demolishing hhh and taking the streak to 20-0

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

No i wouldnt say its pointless at all. The only thing that i dont get at all is they never mention the match they had at WrestleMania 17. Anyone want to explain why to me

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:28 pm

When it was first being rumoured I thought it was a total waste, but they've booked it really well in my eyes and im really looking forward to it.

The fact its Taker chasing the match not HHH really helped.

NickisBHAFC wrote:No i wouldnt say its pointless at all. The only thing that i dont get at all is they never mention the match they had at WrestleMania 17. Anyone want to explain why to me

Because in the WWE these days anything that happened over a month ago didnt actually happen. They seem to think we all have short-term memory loss.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 02 Mar 2012, 8:20 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:No i wouldnt say its pointless at all. The only thing that i dont get at all is they never mention the match they had at WrestleMania 17. Anyone want to explain why to me

It was bought up once to be fair. The Raw after Wrestlemania 28 Triple H was talking abou how close he got and he said something like "Many people have tried to end the streak. Hell I even had a go myself at Wrestlemania 17! But nobody gave him the beating that I did last night." But other than that they rarely bring it up.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 02 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

It is not pointless for one key reason

Undertaker = Mania

Based on current standing of the roster, who is facing who at WM and trying to get a reason for Undertaker to face "XXXX" at Mania......HHH stands out as the best contender.

I am not saying that it is the best match Undie could have had, but as others are tied up and time is short, it had to be HHH.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Fri 02 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

No one outside of Cena, Orton, HHH, Rock and Punk is over enough to seem a credible threat to Undertaker. Cena and Rock are tied up with each other, and Punk and Orton are the top faces on either brand so you don't want to risk the fans turning on them, and Orton doesn't really need the rub anyway.

That leaves HHH and quite frankly the storyline reason (Taker wanting revenge) is a good one and to his credit HHH's promo work has got over the fact that he could end the streak if he wanted to.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 02 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

While personally I wanted Orton to face Taker and HHH to face Punk, I wouldn't say it's pointless, it's a marquee match that will attract casual fans and has surpisingly IMO been booked very well.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down