The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bret Hart Q&A on Twitter

+8
oufcad22
ncfc_Tooze
Enforcer
theundisputedY2D2
Brady12
John Cena's Speech writer
AberdeenSteve
ADMIN
12 posters

Go down

Bret Hart Q&A on Twitter Empty Bret Hart Q&A on Twitter

Post by ADMIN Thu 03 Mar 2011, 7:39 pm

Bret Hart did a Q & A on his twitter (@HitmanBretSHart), here are some highlights:

Influence for him in wrestling: "Probably Dory and Terry Funk or my older brothers"

Current wrestler that has the most promising ability: "Daniel Bryan"

Current status with WWE: "We're on excellent terms but no plans for anything right now."

Still holding a grudge with Bill Goldberg?: "Never had one. I have great respect for Goldberg. What happened to me was an accident."

Favorite angle he was involved in: "Canada vs USA angle with the Hart Foundation"

Is Melina still his favorite female wrestler?: "Her, Nattie Neidhart, Beth Phoenix, and Gail Kim are the best female wrestlers today"

Thoughts on Randy Savage: "Of all the wrestlers I know, I probably miss Randy Savage the most. He's a hero of mine."

Does he feel Hulk Hogan avoided a match with him?: "I know he did"

Would he induct Shawn Michaels in the WWE HOF?: "I would like to induct Shawn but Triple H makes more sense."

Which of the Hart Brothers, who were never in WWE, could have been successful in WWE : "Smith"

Best all around in ring performer in WWE: "Right now Orton, Sheamus, McIntyre, and Mysterio. Super dedicated."

Most rewarding aspect of his return last year: "Reuniting the Hart Family in a concerted effort with a joyous ending."

Thoughts on MVP: "Great wrestler and a great guy and I look forward to his return someday."

His favorite period as Champion: "1997"

His closest friend in wrestling: "Roddy Piper"

His match with Diesel at Survivor Series '95: "It's always been one of my personal favorites. Pretty solid match. And the table wasn't gimmicked."

Do any of his brothers still train wrestlers?: "My brother Bruce pretends to, but it's more a school where you learn everything not to do. My brother Smith has a school in Barrie, Ontario"

Thoughts on the Miz: "I like him. Always liked him. Just wish he'd give me a title shot."

Does he regret his time in WCW?: "I wish I never left WWE, if that's what you mean"

Thoughts on Tyson Kidd: "He had a strong year but it looks like he's going to have to work his way back around."

Thoughts on John Cena: "One of the hardest working guys in the history of the WWE."

Last time he spoke to Owen's kids: "It's been so long, I can't remember. Maybe six months after he died."

Thoughts on CM Punk: "I think he's uniquely gifted. By the time his career is over, he'll be recognized for his greatness."

Best Canadian wrestler: "I still count Benoit. But Edge is killer. no pun intended obviously"

Does he watch TNA? How he would improve their product?: "I don't watch TNA. I'd have Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff tar and feathered."

Any regrets?: "I wish I reached out a little harder to Bulldog, Crush, and Test."

Least favorite move to take: "A Powerbomb"

Thoughts on ROH: "Nothing but respect. Some of the hardest workers in the business."

Who created The Sharpshooter?: "Sure as hell not my brother Bruce."

Thoughts on Wade Barrett: "I thought he was the hottest heel in the business. As a fan, I hope they didn't drop the ball."

Thoughts on David Hart Smith: "I'm patiently waiting for him to find his greatness. HIs time will come. Mark my words."

Favorite match: "vs. Austin @ Wrestlemania."
Least favorite: "vs. Backlund @ Wrestlemania (not my opponent, the match itself)."

Favorite opponents: "Perfect, Owen, Austin, and the Bulldogs."
Toughest opponents: "Vader and Goldberg."
Least favorite opponent: "Bad News Brown. He never understood how to make anyone. Zero psychology."

Who he'd wrestle today: "I'd like 20 minutes with Orton, Cena, Sheamus anytime."

Favorite PPV he was part of: "The In Your House Calgary Stampede pay per view in 1997"

Thoughts on Alberto Del Rio: "A unique, classic Mexican heel that's easy to hate. Which means he's doing his job."

Will we see Owen in the HOF?: "I sure hope so."

Thoughts on the Iron Man Match with Shawn Michaels: "I was concerned with the difficulty but I never had any doubts about my ability."

Thoughts on Michael Cole: "Michael Cole does a urine poor job of putting over a lot of the talent. He couldn't lace Jim Ross' shoes up."

His relationship with Shawn Michaels: "Shawn and I are on good terms and we stay in touch."

Still holds a grudge with Ric Flair?: "No, I just feel sorry for him. It's too sad to see a guy work so hard and have nothing left."

Thoughts on his match with Vince McMahon last year: "It's far from my greatest match but it was beautiful all things considered."

Thoughts on The Undertaker: "Undertaker is one of the most consummate professionals inside and outside the ring."

If he could, who would he reform the Hart Foundation with: "Christian, Edge, Jericho, Trish, and the hart dynasty"

Working as a heel against Jerry Lawler in USWA: "Working with Lawler was fun and easy."

Thoughts on Tiger Mask: "Tiger Mask was ahead of his time. Next to Rey Mysterio, he was the best lightweight"

His relationship with Triple H: "I'm on decent terms with HHH, too."

Favorite match he was not involved in: "Lesnar vs. Angle at WrestleMania"

The best Japanese wrestler: "Tatsumi Fujinami"

Thoughts on Hulk Hogan: "Hogan's nothing but a two-faced, backstabbing, steroid freak who deserved everything he got."

Would he open a wrestling school?: "I think about it. Maybe one of these days."

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Bret Hart Q&A on Twitter Empty Re: Bret Hart Q&A on Twitter

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2011, 7:47 pm

Still holding a grudge with Bill Goldberg?: "Never had one. I have great respect for Goldberg. What happened to me was an accident."

Have i missed something here? what was this about?

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:03 pm

From Bret Hart's wikipedia page...

At Starrcade, Hart defended his WCW World Heavyweight Championship against Goldberg. During the match, Hart was struck with a mule kick to the head, resulting in a severe concussion. Hart later speculated that he may have suffered up to three additional concussions within matches over the course of that day along with the days immediately following Starrcade, having been unaware of the severity of his injuries. As a part of this, Hart placed Goldberg on the post in a figure-four leg lock which ended with Hart hitting his head on the concrete floor. The sum total of those injuries left Hart with post-concussion syndrome, and ultimately forced his retirement from professional wrestling. Hart wrote a Calgary Sun column in which he said that Goldberg "had a tendency to injure everyone he worked with."

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:45 pm

Hmm, Bret and Hogan are going at it some!

When asked his opinion of Hulk Hogan, Hart had the following to say…

"Hogan's nothing but a two-faced, backstabbing, steroid freak who deserved everything he got."

Hogan responded to Hart with the following…

"Listen to where Bretts speaking from,it's funny he's done everything he's saying I did. HH"

Well Hart has now responded to Hogan, writing the following…

"@HulkHogan4Real That's not what John Graziano thinks, dikhead."

Yikes.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:04 pm

Would side with Hart everytime, never grew up watching Hogan so can't really judge him on his prime but from what I have seen since I have watched wrestling. The guy seriously needs to quit.

Does anyone know why Bret doesn't speak to Owen's kids?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:16 pm

I think it's more to do with his relationship with Owen's widow Martha.
He said this about Martha's lawsuit v WWE:

I feel that it's ridiculous for anyone to think they are serving the best interests of Owen's memory or his children to pretend he wasn't a wrestler. Not only was he a wrestler, he was a great one and proud of it. I personally believe Martha Hart has done nothing to keep his memory alive and sadly, he fades from view a little more every year. I do suspect this lawsuit is more about publicity, ego, and small-mindedness than it is about pro-wrestling and all of those that are in it.

I know Owen was always proud of his body of work. His fans have never forgotten him and most of today's WWE wrestlers and hundreds of employees have never forgotten him. They speak endlessly of loving memories that speak volumes on what kind of person he was. I saw Owen on TV a few weeks ago against a young Matt Hardy and it put me in such a good mood all day long. Why would anyone want to prevent that? Martha needs to accept the sad truth that he's gone, but we all deserve to be able to salute and honor him for being the great man and the great wrestler that he was. I stopped caring a long time ago about what Martha thinks of me. We don't speak and I haven't seen Owen's children in 10 years. For what reasons, I couldn't begin to tell you. I personally found great inner peace by opening up to forgiveness and instead supported and encouraged current Hart family members now fulfilling their dreams in the complicated-but-astounding world known as the WWE Universe. She completely ignores the fact that Nattie Neidhart, TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd), and Harry Smith all made a pact when their 12 year old cousin died that they would someday carry on the dream of wrestling in the WWE, this was years before Owen's death and I don't see any reason they should forsake all their dreams. I can't speak more highly of the dedicated, hard working WWE superstars of today.

Having worked with all levels of talent since January, I can honestly say that you won't find a more wholesome bunch of athletes anywhere in any profession. Owen would be proud to be part of what they all are. Martha can say or think whatever the hell she wants but the Hart family as a whole found a way to forgive and move on for the sake of the next generation's well-being. Just because Owen died doesn't mean the Hart legacy from Stu down to his wrestling sons and grandchildren has to die too. The best thing I can do for Owen's kids is take them backstage and introduce them to all the people who love and remember their dad. Owen is loved and missed everyday. Why Martha would insist they never know these people is sad and pathetic.

I believe Owen would turn in his grave watching Martha erase every single thing he ever did, all for spite. Martha Hart needs to celebrate Owen's memory as much as possible, not block it away forever. How stupid and selfish is that? In her own book, she wrote how even though she was angry at Vince, she didn't hate him and that she felt he was truly sorry about what happened. She had written him a letter in order for her to move on and be at peace. Maybe she should practice what she preached.

For those of you who haven't had a chance to pick up some new Hitman gear, now is a great time, we are having a summer sale until July 31st. All orders will ship with an autographed brothers gotta hug 8x10 pic. check brethart.com/store for more info.

-Bret

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:32 pm

I really wish I'd picked up and watched more of Owen's work - I was kinda in and out of wrestling when he was in the WWF, and didn't / couldn't watch WCW..... kinda leaves a hole in my knowledge of what a great performer he was. Does anyone know if there are any dvd's of his that I could get hold of? I'm guessing that there won't be anything coming out from the WWE, if they're being sued by the family....

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:54 pm

Thanks for posting this Hero superb read. Bret's always been a hero of mine.... This is turning into a great forum great work by the guys involved. Better than 606 already in my opinion

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:56 pm

Brady12 wrote: Better than 606 already in my opinion

My thoughts exactly Brady thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:06 am

Brady12 wrote:Thanks for posting this Hero superb read. Bret's always been a hero of mine.... This is turning into a great forum great work by the guys involved. Better than 606 already in my opinion

Cheers Brady, wish Lincoln would have a look over, saw that he was hesitant due to fear of his posts getting quashed. Hope he reconsiders, others may not agree with a lot that he says but he does know a huge amount of stuff and would love to keep reading his thoughts.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:34 am

I think Lincoln might be persuaded I keep missing him on 606 but when I do I'll endorse v2 & try get him over.... If he just was prepared to give it a go he'd see it was 606 without the bs

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 9:42 am

Top post Hero.

Bret's my all-time favourite wrestler so this kind of thing is like manna from heaven Smile

It's a massive shame he hasn't spoken to his nephew & niece in over 10 years and the tête à tête with Hogan is ugly and has no place in a public setting.

Good to hear that he's still in touch with Shawn Michaels though, imagine telling someone 18 months ago that would happen! And he's even on decent terms with HHH! WTF?!?! Shocked

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:23 am

"@HulkHogan4Real That's not what John Graziano thinks, dikhead."

Showing my lack of knowledge, who is John Graziano and what does he think?

Really interesting read though, cheers Hero!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:41 am

Graziano was the lad involved in the car accident with Nick (hogans son) and is now severly brain damaged

From Wikipedia
Bollea was involved in a serious accident in Clearwater, Florida, on the evening of August 26, 2007. Bollea and three members of the pit crew for his drifting team,[4] using two of his father's cars — a yellow Toyota Supra and a silver Dodge Viper — were traveling to a steakhouse when the single-vehicle crash occurred at Court St. and Missouri Ave., near downtown Clearwater. The yellow Supra, which Bollea had been driving in the outside lane,[11] fishtailed and spun across the road, crashing into the median strip and into a palm tree. The impact destroyed the car.[12]

Bollea and his passenger, 22-year-old John Graziano, were flown to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, Florida. Bollea was released from care on August 27 and said to be "OK".[13] Graziano, a U.S. Marine and a member of Bollea's pit crew, was not wearing a seatbelt.[14] The eye and brain injuries he sustained are expected to leave him in a nursing home for the rest of his life.[15] In September 2009, Graziano returned to his home where he continued to receive full-time care.[16]

[edit] Charges
Bollea was charged with several violations for the crash, including a felony. He turned himself in to authorities on Wednesday, November 7, 2007,[17] and was released within hours on $10,000 bail. Bollea was charged with reckless driving involving serious bodily injury (a 3rd degree felony, punishable by up to 5 years in prison plus fines), use of a motor vehicle in commission of a felony, a person under the age of 21 operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol level of 0.02 or higher, and illegal window tint. Two hours after the wreck, Nick's blood alcohol content was 0.055.[18]

Police believed that Nick Bollea and Danny Jacobs were speeding "in excess of 60 mph (97 km/h) in the posted 40 mph (64 km/h) zone" on the wet road prior to the crash and both were charged with reckless driving.[11] Eyewitnesses claimed the cars were racing.[19][20][21] The official police report says that the two cars were racing, but that Jacobs' actions were not a direct cause of the accident.[22]

Prior to the trial, Bollea's lawyer said that the accident was not the result of speeding,[23] emphasizing that Bollea was wearing a seatbelt and Graziano was not.[24][18] Bollea's lawyer released a store's surveillance video from earlier in the day[25] which he claimed could disprove the police report that Nick was driving at least 50% faster than the posted speed limit. The Graziano family denied rumors of a civil suit,[26][27] but later the Graziano family lawyers suggested a civil suit against the Bolleas to pay for John's lifetime medical care.[15]

[edit] Incarceration
On May 9, 2008, Bollea entered a no contest plea and was sentenced to eight months in Pinellas County Jail. The sentence also called for Bollea to serve five years of probation, 500 community service hours, and his driver's license was suspended for 3 years.[28]

After a public records request, Pinellas County Sheriff's Office released audio tapes of Nick's jail phone conversation from his overnight incarceration several months earlier. The conversation included Nick saying that crash victim John Graziano was a "negative person."[29] The press was critical of the excerpts blaming the crash victim and said the phone calls could mark the end of Hulkamania.[30] Nick later sued the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office for releasing the tapes of his phone conversations.[31]

Bollea was separated from the general jail population because he was a minor. His attorneys asked for reconsideration of his sentence, seeking temporary house arrest until he was 18 years old. On June 3, 2008, the motion was denied.[32][33] Soon after, Bollea was moved to join three other juvenile inmates.[ On July 27 (his 18th birthday), he was moved to Pinellas County Jail general population.

On October 21, 2008, Bollea was released from the Pinellas County Jail due to "good time" credit and moved to his mother's home in Clearwater, Florida.

I also believe it was later revealed HH bought the car and allowed nick to drive it unliscenced

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:43 am

John Graziano is the kid who was involved in the car accident with Hogan's son Nick. He ended up with severe brain injuries.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:50 am

latest tweet from HH
Last and only comment for Brett,I hope he finds happiness in life,I feel bad for him and I have totally forgiven him much respect HH

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by oufcad22 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:58 am

Good read, thanks

oufcad22

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:59 am

Jeez I hope that will be the end of it, things have already turned ugly and I'd hate to see where they would end up.

I've a feeling that the 'I feel bad for him' comment will probably set off another Hitman rant though.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:07 pm

Didn't Nick Hogan and Hulk get caught saying something about turning this incident into a cash cow, getting Nick on to talk shows and raising his profile?

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:10 pm

Why does HH repeatedly spell 'Bret' worng, is this a way of disrespecting him? I am similar to some of the guys in here in that Bret is my all time hero in life. Judging by his book he must be one fo the most honest guys in wrestling, so i'll trust his opinion anyday over Hogan's. I don't think he should bring himself down to Hogan's level though.

Thoughts on the Q&A:
> I love that he thinks so highly of Cena and Sheamus
> Interesting what he said about Kidd, wonder what has happened to Kidd. WWE must regret splitting up the Hart Dynasty. He would be perfect in a cruiserweight division
> I think he will induct Michaels, and I think it will be genuine. Bret has always maintained Michaels was amazing in the ring. Think HBK would prefer Bret to induct him also, so that he isn't eulogized like he was an angel during his career
> Anyone know what happened with Bret being suddenly removed as GM?

PS 606V2 rules, I don't even look at 606 anymore. Prefer the banter and opinions on here.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:14 pm

Yeah think their conversations whilst Hulk was visiting Nick in jail were leaked. They talked about getting Nick a reality show once he got out, Nick said that Graziano was a 'negative' person and Hulk replied it was God's way of punishing him for his misdeeds or something like that.

It doesn't paint a very pretty picture of the Bolleas though.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 04 Mar 2011, 6:10 pm

i did hear something along those lines aswell as what i already said.
Also I fear this is Hogan Trying to make 'the hitman' to be the heel in this all.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Avatar Cassidy Tue 08 Mar 2011, 4:28 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Yeah think their conversations whilst Hulk was visiting Nick in jail were leaked. They talked about getting Nick a reality show once he got out, Nick said that Graziano was a 'negative' person and Hulk replied it was God's way of punishing him for his misdeeds or something like that.

It doesn't paint a very pretty picture of the Bolleas though.

They weren't really leaked undisputed. The Bolea family were unaware that the conversations visitors have with prisoners on those phones where they can see each other through the glass (not a technichal term but I dunno what they are actually called!) were not private so over a period of 5 days they made various comments as you said, and for 5 days TZM released the transcripts of the conversations before Hogan caught on! Sloppy for someone as 'switched on' as Hogan.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 08 Mar 2011, 4:37 pm

You can see quite clearly how returning to the WWE and burying the hatchet with Vince, Shawn and seemingly Hunter has made Bret much more positive. Reading his book and blogs that he'd done prior there was bitterness (probably justified) entwined throughtout. That seems to have evaporated now. It's good to see.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 08 Mar 2011, 4:41 pm

Ah right, cheers for clearing that up Avatar! thumbsup

And you're spot on, Hogan really should have known best in that situation.

See what I did there? Did ya? Huh? Huh? Did ya? Clever eh?!

Very Happy

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 08 Mar 2011, 4:46 pm

I wonder if Bret has plans for a new version of his book that includes the last 18 months.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 08 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

It would be interesting to see if he did release an updated book whether any of the opinions he put across in the first book would stay the same

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 08 Mar 2011, 5:57 pm

Well he'd probably have to take out the bit near the end where he calls Shawn Michaels a 'hairless yellow dog' don'tcha reckon?! Very Happy

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down