The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd vs Ortiz PPV Numbers...and why it means Floyd s Manny will happen

5 posters

Go down

Floyd vs Ortiz PPV Numbers...and why it means Floyd s Manny will happen Empty Floyd vs Ortiz PPV Numbers...and why it means Floyd s Manny will happen

Post by cave_man_KO Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Just read an article here

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/index.ssf/2011/10/pay-per-view_silence_over_floy.html

with an interesting poitn re the ppv buy numbers. This is something we usually hear from MOney on a daily basis. However he has been ususally quiet. Rumour has it that at the actual numbers were just over half of the 1.5 million buys predicted.

Couple that with Manny's fights not hitting the million mark, a thought hit me that might be the catalyst needed to finally make the biggest fight this century (possibly all time?) happen.

At some point, the major US networks will turn round and say no to these spoon fed opponents, refuse the likes of Arum milking their cash cow and gving us second rate fights...Who actually wants to see Manny vs bradley??

Sorry to bring this up, but when I meet fellow boxing fans the first question is always "manny or floyd...who wins?"

The simple fact is there is too much money for this fight not to happen.

I predict it will happen in 2012.

Here's hoping!

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Floyd vs Ortiz PPV Numbers...and why it means Floyd s Manny will happen Empty Re: Floyd vs Ortiz PPV Numbers...and why it means Floyd s Manny will happen

Post by Scottrf Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

It's actually because he's trying to settle tax disputes before he allows them to be released.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Floyd vs Ortiz PPV Numbers...and why it means Floyd s Manny will happen Empty Re: Floyd vs Ortiz PPV Numbers...and why it means Floyd s Manny will happen

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Seems they are both content to make it their last pay day, as long as it happens i'll be happy.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:33 pm

It was a $70 fight too, 750k is hardly a disaster.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by cave_man_KO Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Obviously from the fighters point of view.

But if Im the tv exec and I sign off on an event expecting 1.5 Mil, and i get 750k

with a fight that would easily surpass the 2 mil mark seemingly put on the backburner, at somepoint they are going to question why, you would have thought

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:41 pm

90% of 750k with little risk,
50% of 2m with a lot of risk.

750k sounds low anyway, at a guess it was more.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Business aspect this fight has never been a problem....

It's the two guys who are the problem..

As for the networks...both fighters are money winners so they'll support them whoever they fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:21 pm

sorry but HBO dont care it makes no difference to them. the networks are only allowed to make a set amount on a ppv fight it makes no difference to them if its 750k or 35 million the only thing they dictate is the price of the advertising. pure and simple its up to manny and floxd. plus i read that it was leaked it did 1.37 million buys.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down