The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congrats New Zealand

+10
doctor_grey
Cari
bedfordwelsh
red_stag
chewed_mintie
Seagultaf
english warrior
Bathman_in_London
mystiroakey
LondonTiger
14 posters

Go down

Congrats New Zealand Empty Congrats New Zealand

Post by LondonTiger Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:44 am

You were poor (nervy) in the final - but clearly the best team in the world.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Congrats New Zealand Empty Re: Congrats New Zealand

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:47 am

well done yes they did enough- they have proved before that they are the best, but in fairness they havent lost the chokers tag. that was one horrid game in truth

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

Well done nz! I wonder if Stephen Donald will now be a national hero after his previous vilification?!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

Deserved win for AB's and congratulations to them and NZ as they were the best side at this competition and came good at the end.

I have one issue as someone who dislikes the preciousness of AB Rugby team and fans, what are we going to call them , now that they've put the 'Choking' business to bed.

What about ' Home team champions' Wink seriously, well done and enjoy the party!! Its 24 years in the waiting.

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

That match goes to prove that 15 New Zealanders are marginally better than 14 Welshmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

mystiroakey wrote:well done yes they did enough- they have proved before that they are the best, but in fairness they havent lost the chokers tag. that was one horrid game in truth

Think you'll find thats an anti-choke

Best team found a way to keep their lead and did all that was required of them

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

Delighted for them. They've played amazing and lost before. I won't grudge them a squeakybum victory
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 23 Oct 2011, 3:04 pm

Yeah well done to them, thought they were going to bottle it again but did enough.

Unlucky France still some class players and will be very dangerous once St Andre gets the reigns.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

yep well done NZ, really thought at one point France were going to steal the win, but fair play they held out and played smart in the end clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 23 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

Llongyfarchiadau Seland Newydd. I had backed them from before the tournament started. This year was ideal for the ABs to put the 24 year wait to bed and lift the country after what has been a terrible year for them. I'm pleased they won it, and at home. I hope every All Blacks fan really enjoys the celebrations wherever they are. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:07 pm

mystiroakey wrote:well done yes they did enough- they have proved before that they are the best, but in fairness they havent lost the chokers tag. that was one horrid game in truth
Can't say I agree. A team is as good as its record. And the record shows the All Blacks are world champions. Good for them. Doesn't matter if you win by a point or 20, whether playing beautiful Rugby (whatever that is) or winning butt-ugly. They were the best team in the competition and won. Let's be gracious (and jealous).

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:

nope they came out to nervy, and the ref kept them in it in the end

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:12 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:

nope they came out to nervy, and the ref kept them in it in the end, if that penalty was given on 77 mins to france- what would you be calling them- lets not mask the truth here- and as i said before they deserved the win overall they are the best team- but not in that game- alot of luck aiding them

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:13 pm

What an idiot comment. They haven't lost the chokers tag after winning? What a pack of nonsense. Show a bit of class and grace.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:14 pm

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote:

What an idiot comment. They haven't lost the chokers tag after winning? What a pack of nonsense. Shoe a bit of class and grace.

of course they havent- they were awful and that was due to nerves. they were very close to losing that and as pointed out they could and perhaps should have lost if it wasnt for the ref- you wanna get all lovey dovey over this then fine- if you cant see whats in front of your eyes then more fool you pal

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:18 pm

mystiroakey wrote:of course they havent- they were awful and that was due to nerves. they were very close to losing that and as pointed out they could and perhaps should have lost if it wasnt for the ref- you wanna get all lovey dovey over this then fine- if you cant see whats in front of your eyes then more fool you pal

This is one of the most ridiculous comments on this world cup yet. Usually chokers lose when the pressure is on, like say, Ireland against Wales. Choking might be, say, a captain getting sent off early in the biggest match in that country's history with a needless tip tackle. I didn't realise that choking now also involves actually winning a tournament after being the best side in the world for the past four years (at least). If you are a WUM you really need to try harder since comments like this make you out to be a graceless loser

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:19 pm

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:of course they havent- they were awful and that was due to nerves. they were very close to losing that and as pointed out they could and perhaps should have lost if it wasnt for the ref- you wanna get all lovey dovey over this then fine- if you cant see whats in front of your eyes then more fool you pal

This is one of the most ridiculous comments on this world cup yet. Usually chokers lose when the pressure is on, like say, Ireland against Wales. Choking might be, say, a captain getting sent off early in the biggest match in that country's history with a needless tip tackle. I didn't realise that choking now also involves actually winning a tournament after being the best side in the world for the past four years (at least). If you are a WUM you really need to try harder since comments like this make you out to be a graceless loser

no i said they havent quite lost the chokers tag , which they havent- as they showed signs of choking, tyhey underplayed in a big way due to nerves, and only held on due to favourable decisions- when did i tsay they choked!!! lol your a numpty- and how the heck an i a bad loser- i wanted the kiwis to win pre game, but after seeing that travesty of a game rugby has lost out in a big way. I take it you didnt see the game? numpty

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:28 pm

secondly how is getting a red card a choke, but i am not welsh anyway and have no real comment on that situation apart from teh fact that they need to get over it- it was a red card.

thridly - my point is they wont loose this chokers tag- every time you hear some one calling the kiwis chokers remeber what i said- its the 'tag' i am talking about- the fact that it hasnt been quashed even with a win- it will still be mentioned!!

i am not saying the kiwis are chokers- far from it!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:34 pm

mystiroakey wrote:secondly how is getting a red card a choke, but i am not welsh anyway and have no real comment on that situation apart from teh fact that they need to get over it- it was a red card.

thridly - my point is they wont loose this chokers tag- every time you hear some one calling the kiwis chokers remeber what i said- its the 'tag' i am talking about- the fact that it hasnt been quashed even with a win- it will still be mentioned!!

i am not saying the kiwis are chokers- far from it!

So what if you aren't Welsh? I'm an Irish fan but recognise buckling under pressure when I see it. New Zealand won. I'd take their choker tag for Ireland with two World Cup victories thanks. Your comments are nonsensical. You have a choker tag when you choke, New Zealand have in the past, usually against France. They didn't today. If you really think that the 2011 World Cup champions still have the choker tag then good luck to you. If they are chokers then what on earth are Ireland, Wales, England and France?

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:38 pm

ok dude- i have probally gone over the top - i am not saying the op has changed his orignal topic- but he may have and at the end of it(or n another thread) it was mentioned that if it wasnt for the ref(or something like that) we would all still be calling the kiwis chokers.

i mentioned that i dont think they have lost the chokers tag as yet due to the performance.

well done ab's best team in the world- but still a few questions out there- perhaps?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:39 pm

Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote: If they are chokers then what on earth are Ireland, Wales, England and France?
teams of divine excellence???????

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:40 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Hookisms and Hyperbole wrote: If they are chokers then what on earth are Ireland, Wales, England and France?
teams of divine excellence???????

simply -not good enough

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:45 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ok dude- i have probally gone over the top - i am not saying the op has changed his orignal topic- but he may have and at the end of it(or n another thread) it was mentioned that if it wasnt for the ref(or something like that) we would all still be calling the kiwis chokers.

i mentioned that i dont think they have lost the chokers tag as yet due to the performance.

well done ab's best team in the world- but still a few questions out there- perhaps?

They didn't play at the best today. Guess what though? They won. England didn't play to the their best against France and lost. ireland were magnificent against Australia and won, then lost in a dismal performance against Wales. Wales, awesome against ireland, lost their captain to a challenge he had no need to make and lost when they they should have won. South Africa, victims of appalling refereeing against Australia should have won and didn't. New Zealand, outplayed, out muscled and out fought at times today won. That was a resounded burying of the chokers tag.

The referee did not cost France victory. Their 10 missed a relatively easy 3 pointer with 10 minutes or so to go. It's about time that players, coaches and fans started taking responsibility for their actions in matches and stop blaming referees. Yes, Joubert was poor today, but I'm not convinced he cost France victory.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:47 pm

i think its time the irb took note to be honest- the refs need better guidlines(to many have there own ideas as to what is legal and what isnt) they also need alot of help - more on pitch refs, use of tech what ever! I dont balme any individual ref, or players , or managers, i blame the IRB

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:50 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ok dude- i have probally gone over the top - i am not saying the op has changed his orignal topic- but he may have and at the end of it(or n another thread) it was mentioned that if it wasnt for the ref(or something like that) we would all still be calling the kiwis chokers.

Good because I haven't.

Over the last four years New Zealand have been by some way the best team in the world and, while it was a poor performance in the final, deserved to win the World Cup. I feel a touch of sympathy for the players as they were in a no-win situation. Lose and they were chokers, win and still they get slammed. Yes they were nervous and played a negative game - but give some credit to the French. Before the final they had just one half decent performance, but gave everything in the final.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:51 pm

thanks for clearing that up- i read it somewhere- and must have commented about it here- trying to find the topioc

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

londontiger eireingly simily to 2007 and england- it goes to show what can be done in these world cups and how close you can get when not even playing to 80%. I suppose its due to not enough teams being of a good enough standard- the ultimate test would just be top 10 teams round robin- offcourse we all now that the kiws would probally win that one more than not! but i suppose thats the charmn of a cup format

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:14 pm

It's interesting though that the NZ pundit interviewing Henry assumed that from now on it would be plain sailing in World Cups as they had won their second. Hubris.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

Glas a du wrote:It's interesting though that the NZ pundit interviewing Henry assumed that from now on it would be plain sailing in World Cups as they had won their second. Hubris.

abit arrogant hey lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:20 pm

thing is after that final performance alot of teams are gonna stand up and think- they can be beaten. so maybe the NZ press needs to win abit more graciously

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 23 Oct 2011, 6:34 pm

Give them a week though, they may discover some grace then.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 8:04 pm

Am I the only one who thought it was quite disrespectful to Donald that the interviewer twice highlighted that they had to get, in his words, their 4th choice fly half?

I thought he did very well when he came on, cant imagine what kind of pressure he was under

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:30 pm

I would say that Donald should have made sure that Ian Smith got some of the whitebait...

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:40 pm

Spain played their best footy against Germany in the semi final and won a scrappy final against Holland. I have a Spanish wife. I lived their dream.

NZ played their best knockout footy against Australia. They dug deep to hold out France in the final. It wasn´t pretty but they don´t engrave your name differently on the cup for having won by 1 or by 10.

The important thing is to win. A win by 20 points today though and everybody would have said NZ played the worst finalists ever. The only thing that matters is after 7 World Cups, NZ, SA, Australia have 2 and England has one. Lots to play for in 2015. England can equalise, someone like France, Wales or Ireland can get their name on the trophy for the first time and one of the 3N teams can sneak ahead.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down