The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you rate Zvonareva?

+7
break_in_the_fifth
mthierry
legendkillar
sirfredperry
bogbrush
wow
The Special Juan
11 posters

Go down

Do you rate Zvonareva? Empty Do you rate Zvonareva?

Post by The Special Juan Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

Does anyone here actually rate Zvonareva as a decent tennis player?

I would launch a scathing attack here but I'll just settle for the words "I don't".

Thoughts?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Do you rate Zvonareva? Empty Re: Do you rate Zvonareva?

Post by wow Tue 25 Oct 2011, 9:13 pm

I like Azarenka. She is qute hot. TBF I saw a nude pic of Zvonereva here only. She was looking quite amazing. Nice figure! Tennis wise she had done pretty okay so far. Not a bad player but not a legend as well.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

This is a weak era for WTA hotness in my opinion.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:39 am

Zvonareva - tennis wise - has probably been over-ranked this year due to any number of reasons - the Williams hardly playing, Kim C being injured, Sharapova still troubled by injury (she can't get enough shoulder into her forehands).
Don't really see Zvon as a top five player. Top 10 may be. Mind you, don't see Caroline W as a top five player, either. If all fit the top five should be - not in any order - the Williams, Kim C, Maria S plus one other (Kvitova perhaps for her lovely clean hitting).

Last edited by sirfredperry on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:15 pm

Not really. I don't think she has anything in terms of strength that stands out that separates her from other players. Power would go to the likes of Williams, Sharapova. Shot making the likes of Li Na and Clijsters and for BH's I would say Wozniacki and Schiavone.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

I rate Zvonareva's eyes. There is none better in the 'business'.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

legendkillar wrote:Not really. I don't think she has anything in terms of strength that stands out that separates her from other players. Power would go to the likes of Williams, Sharapova. Shot making the likes of Li Na and Clijsters and for BH's I would say Wozniacki and Schiavone.
Hmm..... Agree with you about Zvonareva but not the other points. Li Na and Clijsters are not particularly great shotmakers: Li Na is pretty much the female Davydenko who loves to step in and force issues while taking the ball early and Clijsters is a more athletic, more wily version of Wozniacki. For sheer offensive power, I'd give backhands to the Williams and Sharapova. Wozniacki just has consistency on it and while Schiavone's may look flashy, it's not powerful or consistent enough.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm

bogbrush wrote:This is a weak era for WTA hotness in my opinion.
Are you kidding? The "sexploitation" of it's eye candy is pretty much all the WTA has going for it at the moment. This is a golden generation for tall, long-limbed, athletic ladies with ever skimpier, tighter, shorter outfits placing testosterone-fuelled male (and maybe female) bums on seats.

It's a golden era!

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:16 pm

mthierry wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Not really. I don't think she has anything in terms of strength that stands out that separates her from other players. Power would go to the likes of Williams, Sharapova. Shot making the likes of Li Na and Clijsters and for BH's I would say Wozniacki and Schiavone.
Hmm..... Agree with you about Zvonareva but not the other points. Li Na and Clijsters are not particularly great shotmakers: Li Na is pretty much the female Davydenko who loves to step in and force issues while taking the ball early and Clijsters is a more athletic, more wily version of Wozniacki. For sheer offensive power, I'd give backhands to the Williams and Sharapova. Wozniacki just has consistency on it and while Schiavone's may look flashy, it's not powerful or consistent enough.

Li Na at the FO pretty much demonstrated her shot-making credentials as she did at the AO. Check her match with Sharapova at the FO to see some great shotmaking.

Clijsters has been a great shot maker. The Williams could never cope. The only reason she didn't win more was because there was an even better shot maker in Henin.

Schiavone has a beautiful BH and it is extremley reliable. Like Ronsil does exactly what it says on the tin. Venus and Sharapova don't have enough consistency on their BH. Look who Venus's fell apart at Wimbledon this year.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:03 pm

I kind of thought that Li Na's and Schiavone's games merged together could make a game similar to federer's. The way Li Na goes for the lines with her forehand combined with Schiavone's effective one handed backhand would make for a very aesthetic player.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:14 pm

She is not a player that encourages me to switch over to her matches - but perhaps that says more about me?

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:02 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Zvonareva - tennis wise - has probably been over-ranked this year due to any number of reasons - the Williams hardly playing, Kim C being injured, Sharapova still troubled by injury (she can't get enough shoulder into her forehands).
Don't really see Zvon as a top five player. Top 10 may be. Mind you, don't see Caroline W as a top five player, either. If all fit the top five should be - not in any order - the Williams, Kim C, Maria S plus one other (Kvitova perhaps for her lovely clean hitting).

Absolutely 100% agree. The one thing I will say in her favour is that she's still had to do enough to keep herself at number 2 in the world.

And on the lookers in female tennis: Wozniacki YES. Schiavone NO. She looks like a cross between Mesut Ozil and CJ from Eggheads.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:10 pm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Am I alone her in judging WTA players more for their game than how big their bum is or how shapely their figure?

Call me old fashioned or boring old fart as you please but Zvonareva could look like Helen of Troy as far as I'm concerned and i still wouldn't rate her!

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Thu 27 Oct 2011, 1:18 am

She times the ball really nicely, but she's not particularly powerful, nor has she got any outstanding attributes.

She's a poor woman's Wozniacki, which is a damning assessment if ever there was one!

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:35 am

Well she was good enough to beat the Worlds No.1 in Instanbul last night and played some excellent tennis.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down