The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour)

+19
ADMIN
BALTIMORA
bellchees
sweet_pea
azania
slash912
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend
superflyweight
coxy0001
Rowley
Gentleman01
samevans1
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Zeb the owl
Scottrf
Rodney
Adam D
Michaels, Sean
manos de piedra
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour) - Page 2 Empty Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour)

Post by manos de piedra Fri 4 Mar 2011 - 15:29

First topic message reminder :

Heard that Wlads camp have cancelled the venue for the April 30th clash with Chisora depite it being sold out and it now looks like the fight will be called off.

Hopefully this means that Klitschko v Haye is now a serious possibility for July.

Just what I have heard so not 100% sure its set in stone. Will probably be more news on it later so will have to wait and see.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour)

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 20:48

King Beer

Sugar Boy Sweetie started it and im allowed to defend myself when someone I don't speak to starts throwing insults at me out of nowhere. I did get back on topic by saying Chisora is being messed about.

Back to top Go down

Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wlad v Chisora Cancelled (Rumour)

Post by David Tails Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 20:49

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend wrote:King Beer

Sugar Boy Sweetie started it and im allowed to defend myself when someone I don't speak to starts throwing insults at me out of nowhere. I did get back on topic by saying Chisora is being messed about.

You started it with your accusations towards BALTIMORA. You have been warned to get back on topic, please let the matter drop.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 20:50

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend wrote:Sugar Boy Sweetie

Coming from someone who can just through pathetic insults. The only clown here is you and if you don't like me well you can get lost because you don't own this forum you pathetic moron.

Ha ha whatever mate. It's a boxing forum, so how about you talk boxing instead of wasting everyones time with the "alias" bs and hounding the likes of coxy and Baltimore. But you're right about one thing - I don't like you.

Last edited by Sugar Boy Sweetie on Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 20:51; edited 1 time in total
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 20:51

He started it?

Guys, you're all adults, not school kids. Let's just get back to discussing Wlad preparing to duck Haye again and stop with the childish bickering!

Cheers,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 21:01

personally i believe if you agree to a fight and get injured before it the person who you would of fought should be 1st in line and you have 6 months to do if not drop your titles.

why should chisora have to move out the way, haye couldn't agree a fight before chisora so its his fault and he can retire as champion happily.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 21:02

David Haye is too fast and powerful for Wladimir Klitschko

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 21:04

Fernando

Chisora was a optional choice not a mandatory so I don't think Klitschko will be forced to fight him but I can see your point Chisora should not be messed about like this and Klitschko should face him in honouring his contract

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 21:25

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend wrote:Fernando

Chisora was a optional choice not a mandatory so I don't think Klitschko will be forced to fight him but I can see your point Chisora should not be messed about like this and Klitschko should face him in honouring his contract

Honour? This is boxing we're talking about. Money talks and honour takes a walk. Del probably has had a nice pay off and if he has, its good business for him. Personally as has been alluded to, the on/off nature of this farce has done wonders for Del. His price has now gone up per fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 21:39

Cheers admin. Very Happy

For the record I've no plans to streak when this fight is made. Sorry fellas, you'll have to find other amusement. On topic though, I'm busting at the seams to see this made, although I have a feeling captain boring may jab his way to a dull victory. Heart says otherwise though, of course.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 23:11

Sugar Boy Sweetie

Your a complete prick and I couldn't give a toss whether you liked me or not because I don't like a pathetic person like you either who makes snide little comments about me on threads. Aren't you the contradicting idiot when you have been hounding me on threads with little digs and insults. Yeah it is a boxing forum so why don't you start talking boxing instead of making insults to me.

I was just having some light hearted fun with BALTIMORA and this got out of hand because Sugar Boy here stuck his nose in where it was not wanted.

I probably won't post on here for a while whether that is temporary or permanent. Im taking a break from 606 without idiots like sugar boy to deal with.

Bye for now everyone hope you all have success and happiness in the future and it was good debating with you on boxing. If this is my last post ever on here then I sign off with David Haye will smash both the Klitschko sisters to pieces

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 23:14

Just so everyone is now aware.
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend is now banned.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 23:15

Give it a rest please lads. This is a great board so whatever happened on the bbc, leave it or take it there.

Cheers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 0:36

It's like Big Brother in here, nothing wrong with a bit of harmless banter surely

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 0:43

imperialghosty wrote:It's like Big Brother in here, nothing wrong with a bit of harmless banter surely

That's your opinion and of course you are entitled to it. But name calling is neither harmless banter or debate. This board is new. Starting with incessant name calling will ensure that the board goes downhill rapidly.

Just my impartial opinion.

Cheers

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 0:53

Your impartial opinion is worth nothing compared to the majority, if people can dish it out and can't take it then more fool them.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 1:01

imperialghosty wrote:Your impartial opinion is worth nothing compared to the majority, if people can dish it out and can't take it then more fool them.

Should I quote Ghandi and Martin Luther King on what they said about the opinions of the minority?

My opinions is to set the boundary early and that is what is being done. Banter is one thing. Insults another. Insults destroy the board imo. Banter is often amusing and contributes to a fun and open debate and board.

But I'd rather debate boxing as opposed to what constitutes insults for now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 9:19

Morning guys,

We want a friendly environment for you here. Banter is one thing, but insults, threatening behavour and harassment will not be permitted.

If a boxer continually infringed the rules during a fight and was getting warnings and docked points he would eventually be disqualified.
Unfortunately for SJB he didnt heed the several warnings and messages he got and carried on so he got the boot.

The mods are doing a great job in here, we only ask that if they need to get involved in an altercation or ask one of you to calm it down a bit, please take heed to what they are saying.

Cheers
YI Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 12:49

Insults and threatening behavior are admittedly unwanted, but let's not forget that it's only the internet, and as far as I'm aware we're all adults, no? Much as I don't care for SJB and his name-calling and accusations, surely a temporary ban would suffice for a first instance? Otherwise we may end up with a board full of members afraid to say anything before long. I don't know the full details of the warnings SJB received, but I do fear that heavy-handedness on the part of the mods may kill this board just as much as the childish idiots, who when all said and done can easily be ignored.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by BALTIMORA on Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 12:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error due to slight hangover.)

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 12:58

Baltimora,

It's not heavy handedness. SJB was warned 5 times privately to drop his accusations and insults. He was also asked 3 times to refrain from going off topic by a mod and 2 admins, he continually ignored these requests.

We're all adults, therefore it shouldn't come down to petty name calling and accusations in the first place.

As for ignoring them, i believe you yourself rose to the baiting.

The issue has been dealt with and will be reviewed by the mods and admin.

The matter should now be dropped.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:02

Hiya Baltimora,

We want this board to work for the members and keep it friendly. If someone keeps insulting other users and is allowed to continue the board will desend into chaos.

Childish idiots is what spoilt 606 and we dont want that here. We are not here to mod opinions, debate & banter, but hurling abuse and throwing insults at other members is just not on.

We are all adults, and if SJB responded postitively it would of been the end of it. But he didnt listen.

Expressing opinion and debate is what this site is all about. But if someone oversteps the mark and is told over and over again to calm it and doesnt, then steps will taken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:08

IG,

Site rules:
Be courteous to other users. Do not threaten, harass, or insult another user.
Excessive rule-breaking will result in appropriate punishment. This may include loss of posting privileges, deletion or editing of posts, suspension, being put on a moderation queue, or a ban.

https://www.606v2.com/t1019-site-rules

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:12

There's implementing rules and then there's thinking your the second coming of Radovan Karadzic

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:14

IG,

this is not the first time SJB was flagged up, there have been several occassions previously as well. We do not take banning a member lightly, its the last thing we want to do.
There have been occasions where members have listened to a warning and no further action was taken.
Unfortunately for SJB, he chose to continue.

As KB said, can we please drop it and and move on.

Cheers
YI Man

Last edited by Y I Man on Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:15

KB-point taken, I didn't know about the warnings. I do think it's a bit harsh to accuse me of rising to the baiting though. All I responded to was a comment, and that comment and my own reply were fairly innocuous.

Anyway. Back to the topic at hand.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:17

imperialghosty wrote:There's implementing rules and then there's thinking your the second coming of Radovan Karadzic

Well, the mods were chosen by the board. And as you seem to be the only one taking issue it would appear you're in the minority!

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:21

What does that matter, i'm entitled to view my opinion

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:28

imperialghosty wrote:What does that matter, i'm entitled to view my opinion

You are indeed, and you do so frequently. However, the general consensus is that the mods are doing a great job and have full support of the admins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:30

The general consensus is not me good sir and if I feel things are being done wrong i'll say.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:30

Not too much, IG. Only if it's been cleared for public consumption. thumbsup thumbsup

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 13:42

imperialghosty wrote:The general consensus is not me good sir and if I feel things are being done wrong i'll say.

Yes, but you didn't get voted to be a mod. Alas.

The Idea Generation and Alert a Moderator threads are there for your suggestions, feel free to put your views across there.

This discussion is now over. Please return to the topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:09

Jeez, is there a button we can press to inform the MODs we're going for a pi55?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:17

No, but we will know when you have, so ensure you put the seat up when doing it and no splashing on the carpet.

Last edited by Hero on Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:20; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:17

Michaels, Sean wrote:Jeez, is there a button we can press to inform the MODs we're going for a pi55?

No, but you could try building a time machine to go back to when this thread; and thus your comment was relevant! :thumbsup:

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:28

Leadership is an opportunity to serve. It is not a trumpet call to self-importance.
J. Donald Walters
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:31

Michaels, Sean wrote:Leadership is an opportunity to serve. It is not a trumpet call to self-importance.
J. Donald Walters

"This is a world where everybody’s gotta do something. Ya know, somebody laid down this rule that everybody’s gotta do something, they gotta be something. You know, a dentist, a glider pilot, a narc, a janitor, a preacher, all that . . . Sometimes I just get tired of thinking of all the things that I don’t wanna do. All the things that I don’t wanna be. Places I don’t wanna go, like India, like getting my teeth cleaned. Save the whale, all that, I don’t understand that . . ."
—Barfly, 1987

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:33

Sean you may not agree with the actions that were taken on this thread, but SJB had been warned previously.

Banter is tolerated; abuse is not.

This has nothing to do with self-importance and everything to do with us trying to make a forum that can be enjoyed by all.

Back to your original question about the button a bathroom button: -
We thought that you'd be able to do at least that without supervision. However if that is an official request, please use the request section and the viability of such a button can be looked into.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:35

You talk about vengance. Is vengance going to bring your son back to you or my boy to me? I forgo the vengance of my son. But my youngest son had to leave this country because of this Sollozzo business. So now I have to make arrangements to bring him back safely cleared of all these false charges. But I'm a supersticious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall him, if he should be shot in the head by a police officer, or if should hang himself in his jail cell, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning... *then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room*... and that, I do not forgive. But, that aside, let say that I swear, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we have made here today.

Godfather (1972)

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:39

I'm more of a reader than poster on this site but I'm still a member of the forum and therefore presumably entitled to an opinion? I was only today pointed to this thread and as such fairly suprised with what I read.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:44

And you read only this part of the event. The warnings issued spanned several posts and several instances.

We do not take the decision to ban someone lightly.

We are not trying for a "Big Brother" effect. As I said, banter is allowed but abuse will not be tolerated. This just happened to be the final straw.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:46

"It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."
- David Brin .

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:49

'Describe what Marcellus Wallace looks like'

Jules

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:52

"It's good to be the king!"

Mel Brooks

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:54

Well that's right the venue has been cancelled apparently but Chisora hasn't said anything or his management team, Vlad's haven't commented either...

Maybe your mate can show them the text so they know!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:55

This was cancelled ages ago TRUSSY. Wlad is fighting Haye now.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 16:58

I know I couldn't help but be sarcy.....I'm in the mood.

VLAD...........Vlad is a Russian name and W is V in Russian..

Thought every Tory knew that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 17:00

Except he's not Russian and spells his name with a W. Just how Lennox spells the result in his fight with Vitali.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 17:02

But it's a Russian name and he's from the old Russia......

Getting pedantic in your old age......Is it because you're behind in the polls 8)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Mar 2011 - 18:06

Still haven't learnt the lesson have you?

It's the result at the end that matters not the score halfway!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2