The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury rules out Chisora rematch and blasts Haye/Chisora/Klitschko conspiracy

+9
Strongback
kingraf
TopHat24/7
Mr Bounce
jimdig
TRUSSMAN66
Dipper Brown
Rowley
catchweight
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fury rules out Chisora rematch and blasts Haye/Chisora/Klitschko conspiracy Empty Fury rules out Chisora rematch and blasts Haye/Chisora/Klitschko conspiracy

Post by catchweight Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:08

Tyson Fury is adamant he will not step foot in the same ring as British heavyweight rival Dereck Chisora in future after the Londoner pulled out of their scheduled fight this Saturday.

The duo were set to settle their differences at the Phones 4 U Arena in Manchester this weekend, but Chisora pulled out of the rematch, which was billed as a final eliminator for the WBO title, on Monday.

While promoter Frank Warren insists Fury is contractually locked in to a rearranged date in October, the 6ft 9in Manchester fighter insists he wants to face WBC champion Bermane Stiverne if he gets past Chisora's stand-in opponent Alexander Ustinov.

"I'm not about to let people down especially in my home town, I don't care if he (Frank Warren) brought King Kong to me on Saturday night I was going to fight," said Fury.

"Most people would have got a journeyman to fight, I don't do that. This guy is rated number 10 in the world by two organisations, he's not a pushover. I've had no sparring and no preparation. It's a real 50/50 fight, it's about who gets who out of there.

"People like Dereck Chisora and David Haye are conning people, they're out to con the public and the British Boxing Board of Control say I'm bad for boxing! When I say I'm going to fight, I fight. I would fight with no eyes. There was nothing going to keep me out of that ring on Saturday.

"For him (Chisora) to have another little injury and pull out is absolutely pathetic. It's a disgrace to the world of heavyweight boxing."

Fury alleged that Dereck Chisora possibly had no intention of going forward with their scheduled rematch - and instead he was helping train Alexander Ustinov for the date.

On Monday, Chisora revealed that he fractured his left hand and withdrew from the fight, which was scheduled to take place on Saturday at the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester. Two days later Ustinov officially replaced him. Chisora's injury was said to have come during a sparring session with Ustinov from last Friday.

"Maybe [Ustinov] was [training to fight me]. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Chisora might not have been going to fight [me] all along and he was using my name to sell tickets and trying to get me beat in the background by training Ustinov and keeping him sparring up until the fight and let him fight me," Fury said.

"For all I know he's been sparring Mariusz Wach down there every day. I don't know anything about it. I think it's all a touchy subject. I think there is a conspiracy going on behind the scenes, to get me bumped off from the heavyweights and put me out of action. We'll see on Saturday night if they can achieve that."

When Fury was asked to reveal the people "behind the conspiracy," he claimed the Klitschko brothers were heavily involved.

"I think the Klitschkos have a big involvement in it, because they don't want to fight me and they are avoiding me," Fury said.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Fury rules out Chisora rematch and blasts Haye/Chisora/Klitschko conspiracy Empty Re: Fury rules out Chisora rematch and blasts Haye/Chisora/Klitschko conspiracy

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:11

He's a dippy c*nt!

Back to top Go down

Fury rules out Chisora rematch and blasts Haye/Chisora/Klitschko conspiracy Empty Re: Fury rules out Chisora rematch and blasts Haye/Chisora/Klitschko conspiracy

Post by Rowley Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:17

To be fair to Fury if you watch the film JFK it is quite clear to see that Wlad is stood on the grassy knoll. He also appears in Capricorn One, but if I say much more about that I will be in trouble.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:22

I believe my post cuts to the very heart of the matter

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:26

Did anyone see the picture Chisora posted when he pulled out of the fight? Its was a picture of himself and Haye shaking hands and grinning after their fight with the caption "Lets ruin Furys career together". Very funny.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:28

Okay, crazy conspiracy chat aside. He does make some sense.

Don't blame him at all for his reluctance to give Chis another shot. Haye pulls out of fight with Fury, then Chisora does and they both joke about ruining Fury's career on twitter. I'm not suggesting they're in cahoots, that's ridiculous. But in Fury's position Id be thinking 'eff these two, I'm not wasting anymore time, cut from the same cloth and both time wasters'.

I personally think Haye would demolish Fury in 3 rounds but I can definitely see Fury's frustration.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:29

Think Fury is doing enough to f**k up his own career without any outside help

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:33

I'm just glad there wasn't a grassy knoll near Chisora's gym !!!

But thank heaven there is no future match up..

Hopefully Fury dips his feet in German shores after Saturday..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:34

DAVE667 wrote:Think Fury is doing enough to f**k up his own career without any outside help

How, by signing to fight ranked opponents?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:47

In my opinion (not that of the forum) the chisora withdrawl of on a poorly selling card seems suspect. I think a full refund would have been required if Fury hadn't fought, and so getting ustinov who was already in the country, probably cheap,  saved the card.

Can't blame Fury for going Mulder and Scully on it, 3 cancellations in a row, although the Kbro's being behind it all is all levels of bat sh't crazy.

"I would fight with no eyes" - thats got to be quote of the day.

Last edited by jimdig on Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:50; edited 1 time in total

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 0:49

I share your scepticism..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 1:07

I can actually see Fury getting careless tomorrow because he's angry and Ustinov taking advantage.

Please....

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 1:11

Fury fights very recklessly but that's part of the fun with him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 2:20

If he beats Ustinov then I fully agree he shouldn't be giving Chis another shot and should move onto something bigger - pref a title shot.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 2:36

There is something to be said for what Truss says. Fury should perhaps just throw the dice and try for Wlad. Lets be honest Fury is 26 or 27, has a good number of fights under his belt. He is probably as good as he is likely to get now. Whatever Wlad’s faults pulling out of fights is not one of them, he tends to turn up when he is meant to. Realise Fury won’t look at it like this, but he is chinny, he could get stopped by anyone, if you’re going to get stopped may as well be for all the marbles.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 3:12

Not sure how he tempts Wlad though, without being Mandatory?

Unless he's going to fight for £50k, it's clear from this weekend's debacle that he isn't much of a pull and isn't bringing the kind of money/interest Haye & Povetkin brought, for example, to get a voluntary defence out of Wlad.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 3:17

It's a fair point tophat, for all the publicity Fury garners it has not really translated to either ticket sales or the backing of a major TV network. For what Wlad would pay Fury as voluntary he would end up owing more in fines from his various press conference outbursts than he actually made.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 3:32

This was funny... genuinely funny. It made my day, I'm exponentially happier now than I was five minutes ago.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 3:33

Laugh

As funny as that is it could quite likely be true! Struggle to see him picking up much better than £100k as a voluntary - a sum he decided wasn't enough to take on Price even.

Had no issue with him taking £5m Haye over Pulev, but (through not fault of his own) that's now come back to bite him on the bum abit.

That said, a decent win over Ustinov should put him in at least eliminator position for a mandatory shot (again) - he just isn't getting Wlad any time this year.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 4:35

Important point made by top hat. There was an assumption that fury was a draw, sitting on channel 5 getting good viewing figures and the fact that his loud mouthness gets a lot of copy probably enhancing the image of a ticket seller. 

This fight on box nation has utterly exposed him.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 5:51

I think Fury is a draw and should be selling better. Some percentage of the poor sales has to go down to the fact Warren has been floundering since Matchroom got back into promoting boxing.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 5:53

I think the biggest problem was the ticket prices for what was really a domestic fight, I don't think the shenanigans helped and possibly turned people off too.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 6:03

If he was a draw he would be selling Strongy, the fact he isn't shows he's not a draw in the slightest.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 6:33

Hammersmith harrier wrote:If he was a draw he would be selling Strongy, the fact he isn't shows he's not a draw in the slightest.

If the event is badly promoted it isn't the fighters fault. Fury has a good terrestrial TV following. Because of the Hennessy fights being funded by C5 money it meant Fat Mick never needed to sell tickets to watch Fury live hence he has a poorer live following than he should. Whatever the ethics of it there is an element of some people simply not wanting to go to a card if there is a traveler fighting on it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 6:37

Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:If he was a draw he would be selling Strongy, the fact he isn't shows he's not a draw in the slightest.

If the event is badly promoted it isn't the fighters fault. Fury has a good terrestrial TV following.  Because of the Hennessy fights being funded by C5 money it meant Fat Mick never needed to sell tickets to watch Fury live hence he has a poorer live following than he should.  Whatever the ethics of it there is an element of some people simply not wanting to go to a card if there is a traveler fighting on it.

Are you real? People go to boxing to watch boxers they like. Fury comes across a lot as a bit of a boobie and therefore people don't like him. They don't think he's worth paying 60 quid a ticket to go and see ergo he has a poor following because if it was that big they'd still pay it.

He needs to calm it down a bit and let his boxing do the talking, he also needs to let his promotors know that he's not as big a name as they think (If your giving him the credit it's not his fault,) While some people may not like his traveller roots I think it's a small minority that won't go to his shows because of that. Most of it is because he looks very limited and is pretty loathsome.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 6:38

I find the fact that despite him being " a character " he doesn't sell somewhat comforting. It shows that the boxing public still want to talent at work, not just some loud mouthed muppet displaying less smarts than in the average pub brawl.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 6:43

People casually watching the channel 5 shows doesn't mean he has a following and the figures have been modest at best for a free to air channel anyway.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 6:57

Strongback wrote:

If the event is badly promoted it isn't the fighters fault. Fury has a good terrestrial TV following.  Because of the Hennessy fights being funded by C5 money it meant Fat Mick never needed to sell tickets to watch Fury live hence he has a poorer live following than he should.  Whatever the ethics of it there is an element of some people simply not wanting to go to a card if there is a traveler fighting on it.

And now your delusion has reached its zenith as you go full Az and play the race card..... Rolling Eyes

Never go full Az.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 7:48

Strongback wrote:

Are you seriously trying to argue Hennessy put Fury on in smaller venues than he was capable of selling because he had already made enough money through the TV deal? A promoter who does not want to make as much money as possible from the main fighter in his stable, I think I may have heard it all now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 7:54

Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Are you real? People go to boxing to watch boxers they like. Fury comes across a lot as a bit of a boobie and therefore people don't like him. They don't think he's worth paying 60 quid a ticket to go and see ergo he has a poor following because if it was that big they'd still pay it.

He needs to calm it down a bit and let his boxing do the talking, he also needs to let his promotors know that he's not as big a name as they think (If your giving him the credit it's not his fault,) While some people may not like his traveller roots I think it's a small minority that won't go to his shows because of that. Most of it is because he looks very limited and is pretty loathsome.

In the history of boxing many many people have paid money to go to a fight with more interest in a fighter they dislike losing than in a fighter winning. Lots of people would be delighted to be ringside when Fury is handed his first loss. Ali made his name by making people dislike him. People paid money to hopefully see him get his comeuppance.

What I don't get about you is that you shoot your mouth off continually and you don't even know the basics. Maybe you are just a half wit and I shouldn't bother responding to you.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 7:58

How do you know I don't know the basics?

I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, I just don't make ridiculous statements like 'Fury's a draw'

If he was the MEN would be full

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:13

Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

In the history of boxing many many people have paid money to go to a fight with more interest in a fighter they dislike losing than in a fighter winning. Lots of people would be delighted to be ringside when Fury is handed his first loss.  Ali made his name by making people dislike him.  People paid money to hopefully see him get his comeuppance.

What I don't get about you is that you shoot your mouth off continually and you don't even know the basics.  Maybe you are just a half wit and I shouldn't bother responding to you.
Strongy, 
A common sentiment but essentially anecdotal. No study, as far as I'm aware, has surveyed an audience to determine if they are for or against the main attraction. That would be the onky reliable way to prove what your saying, however if you just look at crowd reactions in general then they give a good indication if the general feeling. On the whole, while fighting at home... did floyd, Naz and Ali mostly get booed. Even if they did they are a tiny minority of the most emotive fighters - and their audiences certainly don't represent the audiences of the general professional show.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:18

2014-07-252014-07-252014-07-25
Rowley wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Are you seriously trying to argue Hennessy put Fury on in smaller venues than he was capable of selling because he had already made enough money through the TV deal? A promoter who does not want to make as much money as possible from the main fighter in his stable, I think I may have heard it all now.

I have no idea how you got that impression.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:19

' Because of the Hennessy fights being funded by C5 money it meant Fat Mick never needed to sell tickets to watch Fury live '

You insinuated with that

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:22

There is certainly a suggestion in your post Mick never really bothered trying to sell tickets for Fury as he was making his money from the TV. Seems a little fanciful to me. Just can't really see any particular evidence to support the theory Fury is a draw, all the rumours suggests the aborted fight this weekend was a sales disaster, reborn reckons tickets have in the past been literally given away when he fights in Ireland and he is yet to fill one of the more sizeable arenas anywhere in the country thus far.

He may one day go on to be a draw, but I am not sure how you or anyone could support such a claim about him now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:24

3fingers wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

In the history of boxing many many people have paid money to go to a fight with more interest in a fighter they dislike losing than in a fighter winning. Lots of people would be delighted to be ringside when Fury is handed his first loss.  Ali made his name by making people dislike him.  People paid money to hopefully see him get his comeuppance.

What I don't get about you is that you shoot your mouth off continually and you don't even know the basics.  Maybe you are just a half wit and I shouldn't bother responding to you.
Strongy, 
A common sentiment but essentially anecdotal. No study, as far as I'm aware, has surveyed an audience to determine if they are for or against the main attraction. That would be the onky reliable way to prove what your saying, however if you just look at crowd reactions in general then they give a good indication if the general feeling. On the whole, while fighting at home... did floyd, Naz and Ali mostly get booed. Even if they did they are a tiny minority of the most emotive fighters - and their audiences certainly don't represent the audiences of the general professional show.

Ali and Naz got boo'd everywhere they went. Hamed is still getting boo'd. Ali of course became universally loved.

I refer you to Jefferies v Johnson for an example of hate towards a fighter dating back to the start of the last century.

What you have written is inacurate waffle demonstrating your lack of any understanding of the history of boxing. This is basic stuff that has been established over more than 100 years.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:31

Would guess I went to as many Naz fights as anyone else on here, and more than most and him getting booed does not chime with my recollection. When he fought British fighters they obviously had their supporters but Naz had plenty of his own fans and when he fought overseas opponents he was almost universally supported.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:32

Rowley wrote:There is certainly a suggestion in your post Mick never really bothered trying to sell tickets for Fury as he was making his money from the TV. Seems a little fanciful to me. Just can't really see any particular evidence to support the theory Fury is a draw, all the rumours suggests the aborted fight this weekend was a sales disaster, reborn reckons tickets have in the past been literally given away when he fights in Ireland and he is yet to fill one of the more sizeable arenas anywhere in the country thus far.

He may one day go on to be a draw, but I am not sure how you or anyone could support such a claim about him now.

The thrust of my argument is that Hennessy has failed miserably to capitalise on the exposure Fury got on C5. It has been reported repeatedly that Hennessy was giving away tickets in the days prior to shows in the attempt to give TV audiences the impression that there were actually people in attendance.

I don't think I need to argue how poor Hennessy's track record as a boxing promoter has been. A better promoter would have made more of Fury.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:34

No contesting that, but whether through Mick's incompetence or otherwise the point remains at the minute Fury is not a draw. Can all change of course, success tends to do that, worth remembering prior to Lacy Calzaghe was not much of a draw, Fury has the time, not sure he has the talent unfortunately!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:51

Rowley wrote:Would guess I went to as many Naz fights as anyone else on here, and more than most and him getting booed does not chime with my recollection. When he fought British fighters they obviously had their supporters but Naz had plenty of his own fans and when he fought overseas opponents he was almost universally supported.

You sat in attendance recently if I remember correctly when Naz was heavily boo'd by the crowd.

I certainly remember Naz getting boo'd at the Belcastro fight. Even Reg Gutteridge was practically boo'ing Naz from the commentary box that night.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 8:57

Rowley wrote:No contesting that, but whether through Mick's incompetence or otherwise the point remains at the minute Fury is not a draw. Can all change of course, success tends to do that, worth remembering prior to Lacy Calzaghe was not much of a draw, Fury has the time, not sure he has the talent unfortunately!

Fury has the benefit of being well known because he has been on terrestrial.

As much as I don't like Hearn I could see Fury doing quite well with him. Mick is the road to nowhere.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 9:13

Strongback wrote:
3fingers wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Strongy, 

Ali and Naz got boo'd everywhere they went.  Hamed is still getting boo'd.  Ali of course became universally loved.

I refer you to Jefferies v Johnson for an example of hate towards a fighter dating back to the start of the last century.  

What you have written is inacurate waffle demonstrating your lack of any understanding of the history of boxing.  This is basic stuff that has been established over more than 100 years.

I don't think it was waffle, and it certainly isnt an indicator of my historical awareness. We are talking about now. It is a misconception to suggest a significant portion of modern fans turn up to see someone beat. Most people turn up to see someone win. 

I'm a Sunderland fan but I wouldn't turn up at St james' if they played barcelona to see them get beat. Someone might, but they'd be in the minority, they'll certainly be less than the neutral and indiffetrent fans - who may have a slight leaning one way, or the other -but who are there for the event. The overwhelming majority would be fans of one team or the other, same with boxing.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 9:40

Hammersmith harrier wrote:People casually watching the channel 5 shows doesn't mean he has a following and the figures have been modest at best for a free to air channel anyway.

C5 reported that 1.5 million viewers watched Fury v Cunningham.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 9:45

Are you suggesting that 1.5mil for a free to air channel is anything other than modest?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 9:58

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Are you suggesting that 1.5mil for a free to air channel is anything other than modest?

Would you know if 1.5M viewers is good in sporting terms? What if I will tell you that Fury was watched by 15 to 20 times more people that fighters on Sky's equivalent domestic cards.

Fury has had a lot of exposure in boxing terms whether you like it or not.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 10:13

You are comparing apples and pears. Hammer is quite right, 1.5m viewers for a free to air channel for a 'big' sporting event is dire. However, in boxing terms, compared to a none pay per view sky fighter that is a lot of exposure.

You can't really make any concrete conclusions from comoaring sky and channel five viewing figures. For instance galahad vs dickens nearly 900,000 on channel five. Bellew vs Cleverly 'a big fight' under 90'000. The only thing you can say is more people will watch boxing if it is free irrespective of who is fighting.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 26 Jul 2014 - 17:51

When it comes down to it, a draw sells out the venue he's fighting in and tv viewing figures can be misleading. More people watched Froch fight Pascal on tv than anyone else so presumably Strongy you think his recognition was at its peak?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 20:16

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Think Fury is doing enough to f**k up his own career without any outside help

How, by signing to fight ranked opponents?
No, by behaving like a total twonk and bringing himself to the attention of the BBBC who may suspend him when he's close to securing himself a shot.

As for signing to fight ranked opponents (cos he'll fight anyone even if he has to do it blind cos he's all about the fight is our Tyson) what happened to the Pulev fight?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 21:01

He took a more lucrative fight, his opponent didn't turn up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 21:16

No issues with him taking the more lucrative fight.

But that doesn't stop it invalidating your 'signing to fight ranked opponents' comment.

He pulled out of fighting his eliminator, so that doesn't count, and he pulled out of fighting his next 'ranked oppo' Ustinov.

Haye & Chis fights weren't about chasing ranked oppos, they were about £££.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next